Best case scenario for European colonies in Africa post-WW2

ahmedali

Banned
Which of these do you mean?

In reality, Cuban intervention in Angola took place after the Carnation Revolution, and their involvement in Mozambique was limited.

As to divisions in the liberation movements, that's the Angolans only. Mozambique had Frelimo, and some minnows, not really divided at all

Keep what? How?

Sure. But in general, almost all Africa was independent by the late 70s , which was my original criticism
with its colonies

Portugal was instrumental in suppressing the separatists

ahmedali

Banned
Not getting you. I mean, Portugal was by definition the one fighting against the independence movements in its colonies?
I mean successfully suppressing the independence movements and ending them early

If this happens, the Portuguese army will not resent and overthrow Estado Novo

(They did, but by the time it was finished, the European Portuguese were tired of it.)

I mean successfully suppressing the independence movements and ending them early

If this happens, the Portuguese army will not resent and overthrow Estado Novo

(They did, but by the time it was finished, the European Portuguese were tired of it.)
Ah, I understand now.

The issue would be that even if Frelimo, the MPLA, etc were suppressed in the 60s, some other movements would emerge in the 70s, as the desire for independence wouldn't go away. Would delay things a bit

ahmedali

Banned
Ah, I understand now.

The issue would be that even if Frelimo, the MPLA, etc were suppressed in the 60s, some other movements would emerge in the 70s, as the desire for independence wouldn't go away. Would delay things a bit
She will be aborted

Because since the mid-sixties the Portuguese government began to integrate blacks and grant them Portuguese citizenship and equalize them with Europeans

So without independence, the process of assimilation continues and blacks become de facto Portuguese citizens

Sure. But in general, almost all Africa was independent by the late 70s , which was my original criticism

What I meant was if there was a delay on their process of independence till 1980 then they would most likely to remain linked to the metropole forever, based on what happened on OTL. And of course they would either be part of the metropole (Réunion) or de facto independent (Curaçao).