Best Books Never Written

Man In the High Castle: An eccentric fairytale of a female knight trying to climb a tall tower to rescue her prince.

The Hunger Games: A tween book centered on a competition in which kids go through various competitions based on food, with the winner getting enough food to help. The protagonist, Katniss, wants to win to donate the food for her town's homeless shelter.

The Fault in Our Stars: A space opera in which a space crew must investigate the mysterious phenomena causing stars to begin dying prematurely

A Song of Ice and Fire: A coming of age story involving a brother and sister duo of differing personalities, but finding commonality through their love of music and overcoming their trauma caused by past burns (the former, ice burns and the latter, fire burns.)

Last edited:

Driftless

Donor
Catch-22 - A Dick Schaap tale describing the various ways NFL defenses tried to contain Emmitt Smith during his storied career.

On the Beach - a featherweight summer story that became the teen movie hit "Beach Blanket Bingo"

The Odyssey - Jack Kerouac's iconoclastic travel adventures

The Cat in the Hat - Dizzy Gillespie's autobiography

50 Shades of Gray - A coffee table tome of Mies van der Rohe's architectural works

Stranger in a Strange Land- The adventures of a boy at a Girls camp and how much he learns about women.

Driftless

Donor
Stranger in a Strange Land- The adventures of a boy at a Girls camp and how much he learns about women.

XD I like it. A twist on that idea:

Stranger in a Strange Land - Barry Humphries wry take on his alter ego Dame Edna Everage emceeing the Miss America Pageant.

Akin to its movie and gaming related counterparts, here you can put down your ideas for the best books never written.
I should have one of my own put up here in a bit.

A GREAT idea Beta!!!! I don't know why
nobody didn't think of it earlier- I'm
racking my own brain for items to put on
this thread.

Driftless

Donor
The Green Mile - a history of New York City's Central Park

Eat, Pray, Love - by Carl Jung - an exploration of human desires and needs

Dune - T. E. Lawrence's account of his WW1 experiences in the Middle East

On the Road: A Hammond organ enthusiast's guide to caravanning through Wales.

My Role in Germany's Triumph: The inside story of the 1954 World Cup win.

The Lord of the Rings: A biography of Richard Wagner.

The Audacity of Hope: A biography of Hope Solo, the controversial footballer who became the first female to play in the English Premier League.

Logan’s Run: The story of outlaw Harvey Logan, who killed many law enforcement personnel, and the US Marshals’ pursuit of him across the United States

Fever Pitch: A biography of salesman Billy Mays.

King Thomas

Banned
50 Shades of Gray-A book about the German Forces of WW2 written in 1960 which tried to put most of the blame for war crimes on the SS
Treasure Island-A pro Brexit tract written by Farage
My Struggle-a book by Taylor Swift about her struggle to become a successful music star. A bestseller because of all the Swifties who brought it.
The Lord of the Rings-Horror book about a sex criminal known as the Lord of the Rings because he likes raping males.
Wuthering Heights-Book about the first successful climbing of Mount Everest.
Jane Eyre-A book about the famous suffragette leader who helped win women the vote in the UK in 1920.
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall-A book about a famous legal case of 1950 that won tenants in the UK important rights which Thatcher's government took away from them in 1988.