Best AH writer

Diamond

Banned
Peter Cowan said:
Christopher Evans - Aztec Century. Two major POD's - Cortez went native and a disease from the New World decimated Europe. The Aztecs became a great power and are busy conquering the Old World
I've been trying to find that book for months with no luck. It sounds a little ASBish, but a good read anyway.

Xen

Banned
Faeelin said:
I suspect that the best AH writers are on this board and SHWI.

I have to agree with you here Faeelin. Many very talented writers here, and lots of good ideas even though the writing skills leave something to be desired. I doubt however that we can all go in together and collaberate on an alternate history. Too many people have their own preconceived notions and wont let them go for anything.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Melvin Loh said:
Actually, I'd also have to say that, besides Turtledove, some of my favourite AH texts are written by historians who aren't necessarily specifically AH writers, such as Peter Tsouras (DISASTER AT D-DAY) and Thomas Allen (CODENAME DOWNFALL), and some of the contributors to Robert Cowley's WHAT IF ? books, like Stephen Ambrose.

The Tsouras book was very good, as was the Sealion novelisation of a wargame someone mentioned - I remember getting that out of the local library when I was about 13 !

Grey Wolf