Best AARs of the Paradox Forums

Trekchu: It might be best to have New York, Jersey, and Pennsylvania form their own Republic (People's Republic of the Hudson). Throw in western Connecticut, too. NY, NJ, and PA are too culturally distinct from New England to join up with them, at any point in history. Western CT might join in this secondary Republic based on ties with NYC.

Might be better to remain Washington City District, too. "People's Federal Region" is nicer, or something like that. "City" is a bad name when it includes all of MD (and Delaware if you like my map).

For added ease (although you might have to do a slight bit of editing to make it look nicer):
uapr.png

Krall

Banned
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but "AARight to be Hostile" is a great HoI2 AAR. It starts off with Nationalist China uniting China, beating Japan in two wars (and puppeting them in the second), then proceding to declare war on the Soviet Union AND Nazi Germany.

The Soviet Union's all but destroyed, with China holding everything east of the Urals in addition to the Caucasus and east Ukraine, and Germany holding pretty much everything west of that. China's conducting a "war of a thousand cuts" by encircling small, but significant portions of the Germany army then destroying them, and, what's more, they're winning.

It's presented in a rather realistic way, China has its share of defeats, so it doesn't seem like the player's exploiting the game and creating a ridiculous nationwank. There are a lot of screenshots accompanying the text, and there are reasonable and in-depth explanations of military tactics and events that add a lot of depth to the AAR.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368007

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but "AARight to be Hostile" is a great HoI2 AAR. It starts off with Nationalist China uniting China, beating Japan in two wars (and puppeting them in the second), then proceding to declare war on the Soviet Union AND Nazi Germany.

The Soviet Union's all but destroyed, with China holding everything east of the Urals in addition to the Caucasus and east Ukraine, and Germany holding pretty much everything west of that. China's conducting a "war of a thousand cuts" by encircling small, but significant portions of the Germany army then destroying them, and, what's more, they're winning.

It's presented in a rather realistic way, China has its share of defeats, so it doesn't seem like the player's exploiting the game and creating a ridiculous nationwank. There are a lot of screenshots accompanying the text, and there are reasonable and in-depth explanations of military tactics and events that add a lot of depth to the AAR.

I've already posted that link... :p

I've been glancing through it and it looks very good.

This whole AAR thing is nifty.

It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century

There's been a wave of Kaiserreich AARs, and this one gets points for originality and scale of world-building. He's going through each alliance and major power right now, projecting what the Kaiserreich nation would have been by the 2000s. Kim Jong-Il is the ruler of the Fengtien Republic in Harbin, boosted by Imperial Japanese patronage. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I feel that LPs have surpassed AARs as a game story-telling form, but I just found an excellent one on the Paradox forums:

The Liberty Bell Rings: The Story of The Free American Commonwealth

It's an adaptation of the Free States of America scenario in Victoria 2, where the Civil War is caused by the North seceding. Twist: Lincoln's election in 1860 is not the cause of it. The verisimilitude of it is superb, and showcases great online amateur alternate history writing I've seen. The Paradox forums have always had some great AH writing, and with this bump I hope to see more AARs like it.