Beedok's Maps Thread

The Syrian Rebels are heavily depended on foreign support far more than the Regime, while the Saudi move with them to this world, they gave their own problem to deal with, which leave the Rebels to fight with the Regime on its own.
They rebelled without foreign aid initially though and despite not receiving enough support to keep the regime from continually taking back territory, they remain entrenched and opposed to the regime. That's not to say that I think they'll be able to topple the regime, but I don't think they'll be going anywhere either, particularly when they have a good deal more land to fall back into now. Of course, the decision ultimately lies with Beedok.

They rebelled without foreign aid initially though and despite not receiving enough support to keep the regime from continually taking back territory, they remain entrenched and opposed to the regime. That's not to say that I think they'll be able to topple the regime, but I don't think they'll be going anywhere either, particularly when they have a good deal more land to fall back into now. Of course, the decision ultimately lies with Beedok.

No they really got foreign aid from the moment it change from violent protest to a revolt. The Regime on the other hand didn't receive significant foreign aid before they had stabilized their territories. There's a reason the most successful rebel groups was international franchises instead of local actors. In fact if the Regime hadn't had to deal with foreign pressure, Assad would likely have ended the conflict fast with a few large and very brutal massacres of Rebel strongholds, but he was limited by the fact that he feared ending up like his counterpart in Libya, which allowed the revolt to spread.

No they really got foreign aid from the moment it change from violent protest to a revolt. The Regime on the other hand didn't receive significant foreign aid before they had stabilized their territories. There's a reason the most successful rebel groups was international franchises instead of local actors. In fact if the Regime hadn't had to deal with foreign pressure, Assad would likely have ended the conflict fast with a few large and very brutal massacres of Rebel strongholds, but he was limited by the fact that he feared ending up like his counterpart in Libya, which allowed the revolt to spread.
What are you considering the transition from violent protest to revolt? The foundation of the FSA?

I'm not sure in what ways you think he was measured but I don't see it. Once the protests broke out and got big, soldiers were firing live ammo on the crowds. By the time news outlets started talking about the 'war in Syria' instead of 'Syrian protests' he was having his air force drop barrel bombs on civilians. I wouldn't exactly call his response restrained.

Vuu

Banned
They're very, very close to the sea, so having a port is within the realm of expansion offered by "a few pastoral communities" but really, they have only 33,000 people. I can't fathom how they would ever be in a better position to deliberately settle any part of Italy than Switzerland or Spain would be to accidentally settle the peninsula. Both countries are several orders of magnitude larger and are not very far away.

In 100 years (consider the fact that larger nations will need to get their shit together, the space required to settle prior etc), San Marino can reach a quite decent population of 1,6 million, if maximal population growth is present (0,04). Plus, I don't know if their present land has enough carrying capacity for current population. I see them in the end controlling Marche and Romagna. Plus, they would establish contact with Switzerland quickly and I guess many Italians from Switzerland might want to live in an Italian state, especially if Switzerland centralizes and becomes German-dominated, which could easily occur during the initial chaos. If they don't, then I see San Marino joining Switzerland, but it's canton territory being greatly extended since who would be insane to make a completely new administrative apparatus out of scratch when they got a perfectly fine city already made

In 100 years (consider the fact that larger nations will need to get their shit together, the space required to settle prior etc), San Marino can reach a quite decent population of 1,6 million, if maximal population growth is present (0,04). Plus, I don't know if their present land has enough carrying capacity for current population. I see them in the end controlling Marche and Romagna. Plus, they would establish contact with Switzerland quickly and I guess many Italians from Switzerland might want to live in an Italian state, especially if Switzerland centralizes and becomes German-dominated, which could easily occur during the initial chaos. If they don't, then I see San Marino joining Switzerland, but it's canton territory being greatly extended since who would be insane to make a completely new administrative apparatus out of scratch when they got a perfectly fine city already made
They haven't joined Italy OTL despite being surrounded and dependant on them so I doubt they would want to join Switzerland. Of course, 200 years is a lot of time for opinions to change.

They certainly don't have the infrastructure for such a population but what is your math for that number? That seems... abnormally high to put it lightly.

@B_Munro is in the process of doing this IIRC, in between his bazillion other map projects.

Close but those maps were three letters and 26 doesn't divide nicely into 3. Also if you don't count non-recognized states then Earth WX will be completely uninhabited which makes it a useful neutral world. I had the idea that on each world's North and South Poles one would be able to find massive letters under the ice/water labeling each world.

See D, H, J, O and Q worlds made me hope for ones that are a little more stable/ food secure. YZ will still be a mess though. UV is the potential one I find most fascinating

Keep in mind that Trump is President by the time of the ISOT. That's what has me worried for U world.

Oh yeah.

"Uganda and the other shithole countries (AKA everyone but the UK) aren't sending their best. America First, America Only"

If I had to guess his attitude toward the other nations.

Uruguay- Basically Mexico
UK- fill of terrorist immigrants but otherwise good people
Ukraine- Not as cool as Russia
UAE- Nice hotels, but terrorists
Uzbekistan-Whiter Terrorist
Uganda-Shithole

Looks like USA is gonna be both a conquering power while still being isolationist. I expect secessionists colonizing parts of Europe, Australia and Latin America to get away from Trump.

Uruguay, USA, and The UK should be quite stable post event. Ukraine may do alright or may have big trouble with it's Russian minority depending on how many of them move to Moscow to resettle the motherland. UAE, Uzbekistan, and Uganda are headed for a collapse though. UAE is at least on the ocean so the US may be able to ship in food en-masse to keep things under control at first and keep the oil flowing until they set up new pumps in the Virgin Lands, but ultimately their situation is unsustainable.

The British Crown Colonies Whoops I mean "Overseas Territories" in the Caribbean could be a point of contention when the US tries to bring all of North America under it's control. I wonder their fate would be.

Uruguay, USA, and The UK should be quite stable post event. Ukraine may do alright or may have big trouble with it's Russian minority depending on how many of them move to Moscow to resettle the motherland. UAE, Uzbekistan, and Uganda are headed for a collapse though. UAE is at least on the ocean so the US may be able to ship in food en-masse to keep things under control at first and keep the oil flowing until they set up new pumps in the Virgin Lands, but ultimately their situation is unsustainable.

I bet the many guest workers will either try to go to the US or resettle India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Indonesia and the Phillipines