Two things with console sales though, I remember the Wave barely got past 100 million and am pretty sure reports were saying the Connect outperformed the Gameboy Supernova. Could be wrong though, you know the timeline better than me.

Mmm, I'd have to go back and check on it, though for now, just refer to the disclaimer and consider the figures from the epilogue post as the official sales numbers, retconning any mentioned earlier.

Did Cyrstal and Billie become a serious thing or did they just date for awhile before going their own ways?

They end up dating off and on for a few years, which definitely gets the tabloids talking but it's nothing really serious, you could almost call it an extended fling (both of them discovering they're into girls at the same time, constantly hanging out together and since they think the other is attractive, they eventually decide "why not?"). There's not even really a breakup, they just stop dating one day, around when both of them are 22. They stay good friends for life, Crystal ends up marrying a guy and settling down later on, and Billie keeps dating women until her late 30s when she marries a woman.

Billie Scifres' career trajectory is... interesting, to say the least. She's like a weird hybrid of Miley Cyrus and Idina Menzel, with a bit of Liza Minelli and Pat Benatar mixed in. Her career is DEFINITELY more interesting than Crystal Rain's, she does a ton of Broadway work, cuts many albums (but it's weird music, classic rock with techno influences, and she shuffles genres around a lot)... She sorts of ends up occupying M.S.' place in pop culture after Martina's death, but Billie is much nicer and makes a lot less enemies.

Question, but will there be updates about things happening in this timeline once in a while, if anything catches your attention?
I mean, I suppose I could post something if something catches my fancy.

I hope every single one of those people becomes pariahs themselves.

That's hard to do, when they're a substantial portion of the population, literal millions of people. And the mention of another nuclear war... if India and Pakistan are off the table, I can see North Korea do something very radioactive if the leadership feels like they've got nothing left to lose.

They end up dating off and on for a few years, which definitely gets the tabloids talking but it's nothing really serious, you could almost call it an extended fling (both of them discovering they're into girls at the same time, constantly hanging out together and since they think the other is attractive, they eventually decide "why not?"). There's not even really a breakup, they just stop dating one day, around when both of them are 22. They stay good friends for life, Crystal ends up marrying a guy and settling down later on, and Billie keeps dating women until her late 30s when she marries a woman.
Fair, at least they both ended up happy.
Billie Scifres' career trajectory is... interesting, to say the least. She's like a weird hybrid of Miley Cyrus and Idina Menzel, with a bit of Liza Minelli and Pat Benatar mixed in.
Wow...that's a mix.
Her career is DEFINITELY more interesting than Crystal Rain's, she does a ton of Broadway work, cuts many albums (but it's weird music, classic rock with techno influences, and she shuffles genres around a lot)... She sorts of ends up occupying M.S.' place in pop culture after Martina's death, but Billie is much nicer and makes a lot less enemies.
But she sounds like the kind of artist I'd eat up, I have really eclectic taste in music and that sounds awesome.
Kinda like retrowave but with more '70s rock/hair metal influences than new wave/Italo-disco influences.

It was a great ride. Though I wish there was an overview regarding all the different hardware platforms and when they were released. It’s been so long since I read the earlier two parts of the timeline that I don’t even remember all the names and launch years of the various ATL consoles and handhelds anymore, lol.

When I was looking at that list of the ten most successful consoles/handhelds in the epilogue, I couldn’t remember in which order these consoles/handhelds came out, or even what their unique features were. I know the SNES CD was first of course (in 1992 I think), followed by the Ultra Nintendo in 1997. And I believe the Wave came after that, in 2003 or so? But that’s about all I can remember as far as Nintendo is concerned. And I remember even less about Sega and Apple, lol. It’s crazy to think that this TL (including its prequels) has been going on for almost a decade now.

Anyway, it was great fun.

Hat's off (if I wore hats) to RySenkari and everyone else who contributed to this TL!! I've been following for years and have loved it :extremelyhappy: Thank you, thank you, all.

If this isn't too grabby an ask, I always wonder about preservation––is it possible to find the TL (or I guess trilogy of TLs) compiled somewhere in a PDF or the like?

Either way, this is an amazing work and definitely a classic of AH.com :D

Was looking over the last post and noticed even though Inez Delgado got mentioned a lot, I didn't see anything on her dad Carlos. Last I remember he was struggling with his family life after Silver Sail's acquisition from Activision. Did things ever turn up for him? Might have missed that

Congrats on the end to the TL--and thanks for having Corpus Christi being selected as the Summer Olympics site in 2028 (another Texas city I forgot to mention in my previous post is San Antonio--it's right up the road from Corpus)...

All in all, a good TL and a good end (and no Covid-19 in TTL, either)...

If this isn't too grabby an ask, I always wonder about preservation––is it possible to find the TL (or I guess trilogy of TLs) compiled somewhere in a PDF or the like?

I absolutely do need to compile the rest of the TL into PDFs for preservation and ease of access, I'll try to do that sometime before the end of the year. I've let it slip, so it'll take several hours to compile the rest of what I have.

Was looking over the last post and noticed even though Inez Delgado got mentioned a lot, I didn't see anything on her dad Carlos. Last I remember he was struggling with his family life after Silver Sail's acquisition from Activision. Did things ever turn up for him? Might have missed that

Carlos Delgado and Sonora Almodovar divorced back in 2013. It was very amicable, they just fell out of love and wanted to go their own ways, Inez got to make her own custody arrangements, it was about as clean and pleasant as a $300 million divorce can possibly get. Carlos is living on his own, Inez lives with him on weekends, he's mostly a tech tinkerer and software consultant as of 2021. He was not happy once he found out just how much of a prick his mentor (Bobby Kotick) has been, he and Inez don't really talk to Kotick anymore. He was actually mentioned as a potential Kotick replacement at Activision, but it's not a job he'd ever want, too much stress.

As for Sonora, she's been doing a home makeover show on HGTV since 2018 called Turn It Up!, where she renovates and decorates homes in a very flamboyant (think Sofia Vergara's character in Modern Family) style. Inez sometimes makes appearances on the show.

Mmm, I'd have to go back and check on it, though for now, just refer to the disclaimer and consider the figures from the epilogue post as the official sales numbers, retconning any mentioned earlier.

Billie Scifres' career trajectory is... interesting, to say the least. She's like a weird hybrid of Miley Cyrus and Idina Menzel, with a bit of Liza Minelli and Pat Benatar mixed in. Her career is DEFINITELY more interesting than Crystal Rain's, she does a ton of Broadway work, cuts many albums (but it's weird music, classic rock with techno influences, and she shuffles genres around a lot)... She sorts of ends up occupying M.S.' place in pop culture after Martina's death, but Billie is much nicer and makes a lot less enemies.

I mean, I suppose I could post something if something catches my fancy.

I absolutely do need to compile the rest of the TL into PDFs for preservation and ease of access, I'll try to do that sometime before the end of the year. I've let it slip, so it'll take several hours to compile the rest of what I have.

Carlos Delgado and Sonora Almodovar divorced back in 2013. It was very amicable, they just fell out of love and wanted to go their own ways, Inez got to make her own custody arrangements, it was about as clean and pleasant as a $300 million divorce can possibly get. Carlos is living on his own, Inez lives with him on weekends, he's mostly a tech tinkerer and software consultant as of 2021. He was not happy once he found out just how much of a prick his mentor (Bobby Kotick) has been, he and Inez don't really talk to Kotick anymore. He was actually mentioned as a potential Kotick replacement at Activision, but it's not a job he'd ever want, too much stress.

As for Sonora, she's been doing a home makeover show on HGTV since 2018 called Turn It Up!, where she renovates and decorates homes in a very flamboyant (think Sofia Vergara's character in Modern Family) style. Inez sometimes makes appearances on the show.

I am gald you are to still doing a few mini follow updates that catch your fancy. I hope an idean that catchs your fancy is to go back and add extra game ideas to the months that didn't have that many games release. The went and count 18 month that had less then five games menotned in the other games and game spotlight section (note some of the month may have 5 or more if you you mentione game mentioned in game reviews and other new article). These months ar
October 2017 May 2018 June 2018 October 2018 December 2018 January 2019 February 2019 March 2019 May 2019 July 2019 August 2019
December 2019 January 2020 February 2020 April 2020 July 2020 August 2020 December 2020 I hope you aleast consider add some extra game ideas to these months when you make that pdf verison of the timeline. I also hope you will use those Ideas you told me intersted but forgot aobut during your hiatuus and were unable to squeeze after i reminder you about them and you appoglized for forgotting. I you wont't go back back and update the skimpy months during the creation of the pdf I will under stand.

If anything I'd call the other months inflated rather than the last few skimpy. I can't believe you went so long making chapters that long (not complaining one bit though)

I know the first volume is...or was; not sure about the second.
Ah, well there we have it from The Man himself.
With the Extended Holiday Season upon us, we'll understand if it takes awhile, you must be busy with family stuff.

That was a doozy of an epilogue, and a fitting ending to the thirty plus years spanned by this timeline.

Once again, thanks for everything, Ry and Nivek.

As someone who has been following this series of timelines on and off since mid-way through P2S I want to give a hearty thank you to both rysenkeri, Nivek and all the guest contributors to the timeline for creating a fascinating world that has been wonderful to explore and despite all the downer things that happened to balance out all the cool things, One thing is the fate of the Miraculous Ladybug franchise sounds way better then the mess of the OTL tv show as someone in that fandom for years now( and yes a general look at that franchise going into the future would be nice).
The big thing that has stuck with me is despite this world averaging out to about the same as OTL with awesome things that didn't happen ITTL being balance out by the reverses TTL has a greater sense of optimism pervasive thoroughout that OTL seems to be in short supply of, proven by the downer ending of the New years day attack and subsequent war being matched by the hopeful feeling of the epilogue.
I can't say this enough but Thank You to the authors for giving me a window into this wonderful world.
Ryan