Assassin's Creed: Restoration
Assassin’s Creed: Restoration

Before I get into this article, people have been asking me about the Assassin’s Creed HBO series that began in 2015 and ended last year. Here is a brief rundown: I appreciated that they focused on a different historical protagonist and time period for each season (Kassandra and Ancient Greece during the Peloponnesian War for season one; Aya and Ancient Egypt in 44 BCE for season two and Flavia Maximus and Rome in 456 CE for season three). I liked that each season told a mostly self contained plot. The acting was great for the most part, Melissanthi Mahut as Kassandra from season one maybe my favorite, and the scenery is gorgeous.

There are some faults though. Though the historical portions of the stories were well told, the stuff in the Modern Day left a little to be desired. Added to that is the character that they chose to focus on: Georgia Christie. It’s not that she’s a bad character. It just feels that a lot of what she goes through feels shoehorned in. A note to producers and writers: Just because something works in one medium doesn’t mean it works in another. Not helping matters was having Megan Fox play her. Though given what she had to work with, I don’t entirely blame her. So it was hit and miss for me. Still it has been, somewhat, incorporated into the games.

Background:

After the somewhat muted reception to Domination, Ubisoft decided to not release a game in 2016. It was probably for the best as the last two games, while not bad, weren’t exactly great either. Fans of the series had been asking for a game set in Feudal Japan for a while. So when the first images for this game were released fans were excited. Then it was revealed that the game would be set in 1868-69 during the Meiji Restoration, a reason for the title.

Fans didn’t know how to take this. However, once they saw gameplay they were relieved. This game went full RPG, with three different skill trees: Warrior (for melee combat), Assassin (for stealth and ranged combat) and Worker (for tools and manipulating the environment). In addition, the crafting system lets you improve things like your Hidden Blade. Combat has also been overhauled to become more fluid and, in keeping with the new RPG aesthetic, enemies now have levels. The team put a lot of effort into making sure that it was still Assassin’s Creed but refreshed.

Cast/Characters:

Keanu Reeves as Hiro Kawagawa

Vyvan Pham as Cam Nguyen

Thuy Trang as Georgia Lassiter

Daniel Dae Kim as Duri Yoon

Danny Wallace as Shawn Hastings

Jessica Alba as Anita Crane

Chantal Riley as Layla Hassan

Kristen Bell as Lucy Williams

Gina Rodriguez as Lily Cross

Tom Hiddleston as Ernest Mason Satow

George Takei as Yoshi Ono

Hayley Kiyoko as Izumi Abe

Shin Koyamada as Hideki Fujita

Elias Toufexis as Georges Andre

Nora Lum as Aiko Fujita

Sataro Yasuda as Hironobu Ito

Masai Oka as Emperor Meiji

Lyssa Fielding as Eve

Dan Jeannotte as Marcus Fielder

Emerald O'Hanrahan as Rebecca Thorne

Plot:

The story starts immediately after the previous game leaves off, with Eve running away with the Sword of Eden, while the Assassins fight the Templars. Eve is seen running down an alley being followed by a shadow. Hitting a dead end, she turns around prepared to fight. The screen fades to black and we flash forward to 2020. Here we meet our new Modern Day main character: Cam Nguyen and her girlfriend Georgia Lassiter. They’re not affiliated with either the Assassins or the Templars, in fact they don’t even know about the war, so we get to spend an hour and a half in their everyday lives until Lucy comes to their apartment in Tokyo, bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach.

While she’s being patched up, Lucy explains about the Assassins, Templars and the War. After that she talks about what happened after the events of the last game: the fight was a draw with the Templars pulling back to look for Eve. The Assassins look for her too, but they can’t find her. The renegade Templars tried to take over the organization which led to a Templar civil war, with Lucy’s cell crossing paths with the former renegades several times in the previous five years. They managed to track Eve to Tokyo, but are unable to pinpoint her.

Cam and Georgia are understandably disbelieving of all this. Then the Templars attack their apartment. So Lucy takes them to where her cell is, while she fights them off. Lucy, having completed her training will go out into the field with Anita and Shawn when she gets better. Cam, more believing than her girlfriend, decides to go into the Animus. They find the perfect subject (since now the Animus has been upgraded to have people become anyone in the past) Hiro Kawagawa a man of mixed Japanese/White ancestry living in Tokyo during the Meiji Restoration.

After a brief tutorial, we enter Tokyo in 1868. Hiro is set about scouting a Templar base when Duri Yoon, a high ranking Templar, shows up. Hiro decides to go deeper into the base and see just what he’s doing. Eventually he finds that Yoon wants to overthrow the Japanese monarchy, even as they are modernizing. Hiro, after fighting his way out, takes this to his contact: Hironobu Ito, who takes him to see the Emperor.

Emperor Meiji says that he has been worried about this happening for some time. Now that he has proof, he asks Hiro to go after these traitors. Helping is Ernest Mason Satow, the British Ambassador. Though he mainly provides a safe house. There seem to be four main conspirators under Yoon: Yoshi Ono, Izumi Abe, Hideki Fujita and Georges Andre. Each person controls a different section in the city: Ono controls the southern part and is involved in the law in every part of the city; Abe controls the northern part of the city and controls the sex trade in the city; Fujita controls the western part of the city and is involved in the warrior class; and Andre controls the eastern part of the city and controls the ports.

As Hiro works his way through the city he meets Fujita’s granddaughter Aiko, who has no idea of what her grandfather is doing. It takes some convincing but she is brought into the Assassin fold (she even helps Hiro out when she can). Eventually, Hiro kills all of the Templars save Yoon, who shows up at the Imperial Palace. Together, Hiro and Aiko kill Yoon. There is a ceremony inducting Aiko into the Assassins formally, with Hiro and Aiko parting as friends (making this one of the few games in the series to not have a romantic relationship between the lead and another character).

In the present, Lucy stabilizes and she takes Cam with her when she goes to search for Eve based on clue found in the Animus. They are successful but as they return to their hideout they find that the renegade Templars are there. The renegade Templars winning their civil war and would like Eve to help them complete their victory. Eve, understandably, says no as she has always fought for freedom in all things. Lily smiles at this and says that is fine. The Templars are in control and they are free to fight. Then she shoots Lucy in the head killing her. This causes the other Assassins to immediately shoot her in retaliation and fortunately that’s where it stops as Rebecca stops Marcus from shooting anyone else. Both sides look wearily at each other. Eve then says that she believes knows where the answer to their problems is. Before we find out the screen goes dark.

DLC:

Tripping the Bear: Set in late 1904, it follows Aiko (Hiro having retired sometime ago) at the Siege of Port Arthur during the Russo-Japanese War. She is sent by Emperor Meiji and Ito to root out the Templars in the city. She is successful in this regard.

Gameplay:

Building on the RPG elements of the last game, this game ramped up the curve for the levels at which you have to tackle things. While you can take on the four subordinates in any order you wish (chosen early in the game), the canon order is the order of the Four Heavenly Guardians (Andre{east}, Ono{south}, Fujita{west} and Abe{north}). Other than that the game has more side quest missions than main quest ones. It is generally advised that you complete as many side quests as you can so you can get things like lower prices on provisions and weapons or help taking on enemy mooks.

Sadly, the only ship based missions in this entry involve preventing the Templars from getting reinforcements from other parts of the world (which slow down once you kill Andre). Although, the Sync Objectives that were prevalent since Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood were removed as well. Also you can search for a set of samurai armor in temples based on the Seven Lucky Gods and getting the Kusanagi sword.

Achievements/Trophies:

Gotta Catch ‘em All: Get all other Trophies -/Platinum

Back at it: Enter the Animus as Georgia 10g/Bronze

First Things First: Complete the Prologue 10g/Bronze

Just Getting Started: Complete Main Quest Marked Man 10g/Bronze

City by the Sea: Complete Main Quest Harbor Junk 20g/Bronze

The House of the Rising Sun: Complete Main Quest East 20g/Silver

Sing the Praises: Complete Main Quest Music Hall 20g/Bronze

Breaking Up the Band: Complete Main Quest South 20g/Silver

Locked Away: Complete Main Quest Lower Your Weapons 20g/Silver

Stairway to Heaven: Complete Main Quest West 20g/Silver

What a Surprise!: Complete Main Quest Aiko 20g/Silver

Pointing the Way: Complete Main Quest North 20g/Silver

The Centre of the Universe: Complete Main Quest Palace Intrigue 30g/Silver

Nearly There: Complete Main Quest Jaws of Defeat 40g/Silver

It’s Over: Complete the Last Main Quest 50g/Gold

Kamikaze: Complete all Naval Side Quests 20g/Bronze

Just Not Enough: Complete Just Not Enough Side Quest 20g/Bronze

An Unusual Occurrence: Complete An Unusual Occurrence Side Quest 20g/Silver

I’m Done Learning: Earn a Master Ability 30g/Silver

Get Outta Here!: Defeat an opponent in Sumo Wrestling 20g/Bronze

Outside the Circle: Complete all Sumo Wrestling events 20g/Silver

Lowering the Boom: Finish an opponent in Sumo Wrestling with an overpower attack 30g/Silver

The Harder They Fall: Defeat the Sumo Champions Kinzo and Satoru 50g/Silver

Handy Man: Craft 20 items 10g/Bronze

Slasher: Kill three enemies with the same hit 10g/Bronze

Fisher of Men: Complete First God of Luck Tomb 20g/Bronze

Maker of Bread: Complete Second God of Luck Tomb 20g/Bronze

Fighter for Truth: Complete Third God of Luck Tomb 20g/Bronze

Music of Life: Complete Fourth God of Luck Tomb 20g/Silver

Words of Wisdom: Complete Fifth God of Luck Tomb 20g/Silver

Happiness of Youth: Complete Sixth God of Luck Tomb 20g/Silver

Luck of the Draw: Complete Seventh God of Luck Tomb 30g/Silver

I Know This City: Defog the entire map 30g/Bronze

The Arrow Whisperer: Kill an enemy from more than 60 meters away while controlling the arrow 20g/Silver

Bullet Storm: Direct enemy fire into each other 5 times in a row 30g/Silver

Breathe In, Breathe Out: Find all meditation locations 5g/Bronze

From the Shadows: Kill 10 enemies in a row without being detected 30g/Silver

I Can See My House From Here!: Reach the top of Mt. Fuji 15g/Bronze

Reporter: Take 1 photo in 5 different locations 20g/Bronze

Wanderer: Defeat a Ronin 10g/Bronze

Over 9000!: Reach level 20 10g/Bronze

Namaste: Use the Dawn and Dusk mechanic to speed time 30 times 20g/Bronze

Old Habits: Complete all locations 40g/Silver

Now and Zen: Complete all Zen Gardens 20g/Bronze

DLC:

A Different Time: Start the Tripping the Bear DLC 10g/Bronze

Zip It Off: Complete 3 assassinations from ziplines 10g/Bronze

Prison Break: Free 20 Japanese soldiers 20g/Bronze

Team Play: Kill an enemy with a headshot while they are distracted by an escaped soldier 20g/Bronze

You Sunk It: Complete the Russian Battleship 40g/Silver

Surgical Strikes: Assassinate Brasov, Korolov and Simeon 30g/Silver

New Recruits: Complete Side DLC Quests Master of his Fate and Shadows of the Past 40g/Silver

Bear Trap: Complete Main DLC Quest Bear Trap 40g/Silver

Review:

Assassin’s Creed: Restoration was released on October 5, 2017 on Nintendo Reality, Google Nexus and Apple Virtua. A good game, earning 8s and 9s, it didn’t fully put the franchise back on top, as of the writing of this article. However, fan reaction is mostly positive. Keanu Reeves, initially not seen as a great choice, has received acclaim for his portrayal of Hiro.

Getting Thuy Trang involved was a major surprise considering she hadn’t acted in years. In fact, she was the U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam at the time this was shot and could only do three months of shooting, max. I hear that she will get an expanded role in the next game but time will tell whether she will permanently be returning to acting or whether this game and the next one are just something she’s doing once and that’s it.

The only major bit of controversy from this game was killing Lucy. While she wasn’t that well received in the beginning, she grew on fans to become more than what Desmond was. Killing her off in this fashion was, and is, seen as incredibly harsh. Ubisoft has defended itself by saying that they did all they could with the character. I somewhat disagree, as do a lot of other fans. She could have gotten more chances to go out into the field. I agree that it would have taken away from the historical portions of the game but still that’s two characters that Ubisoft unceremoniously killed off for no other reason than because they were done with them. (Lily Cross was a one note character so no one was surprised when she was killed off. Though I am sorry for Gina Rodriguez. She was really trying with what they gave her.)

I won’t be doing another Assassin’s Creed game review until Confederation comes out in November, but next week I will be listing my personal list of Assassins from worst to best. See you there.

-Review of Assassin’s Creed: Restoration by R. C. Anderson, Nothing is True: A History of Assassin’s Creed on Consoles, Gamesovermatter.com, January 8, 2018.

Oh The Day Anime Died was going to be much worse. The original shooter was going to be none other than Trey Eric Sesler (also known as Mr. Anime in OTL), but Ry convinced me to back down due to not wanting to add further controversy. Additionally, as the subtext stated, Naoko Takeuchi was going to be a casualty and Kentaro Miura was going die much earlier, though for the former, both Ry and Nivek convinced me that they had other plans, and Kentaro Miura was dead 2 months ago, so I had to change it a bit to prevent it from being a case of Harsher In Hindsight.

Last edited:
Oh The Day Anime Died was going to be much worse. The original shooter was going to be none other than Trey Eric Sessler (also known as Mr. Anime in OTL), but Ry convinced me to back down due to not wanting to add further controversy. Additionally, as the subtext stated, Naoko Takeuchi was going to be a casualty and Kentaro Miura was going die much earlier, though for the former, both Ry and Nivek convinced me that they had other plans, and Kentaro Miura was died 2 months ago, so I had to change it a bit to prevent it from being a case of Harsher In Hindsight.
Pardon my Chinese, but...

GOOD LORD!!!

Yeah, but on the dark side, Hayao Miyazaki is dead. Like, what?
The anime fans be like:

Jake.jpg

-

(Authors' Note: The following news story/scenario was given to us by the reader Siegfried1337, with some alterations to fit the narrative of this timeline.)

Don Lemon: In addition to pardoning most federal prisoners being held for marijuana-related offenses, the new law, signed earlier today by President Kennedy, will provide police funding to states that legalize recreational marijuana. So far, 14 states have already legalized marijuana for recreational use, but after the passage of today's law decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level and providing that police funding, several more states are expected to legalize it in the coming weeks, while more still are expected to put it up for a vote on next year's ballots. Make no mistake, this is an enormous step forward for this country, even if it doesn't immediately legalize marijuana in the states in which its possession is a criminal offense. Of course, four years ago, Jon Huntsman took a crucial first step in legalizing marijuana nationwide when he signed a bill that not only made marijuana a Schedule II drug rather than a Schedule I drug, but also provided funding leading to a groundbreaking federal study in which marijuana was found to be less harmful than both tobacco and alcohol, substances which have been legal nationwide for its entire history, save for the brief 14-year experiment with alcohol prohibition. Nevada senator Penn Jillette, good evening first of all. You pushed heavily for this bill and managed to get several Republicans on board with this bill, how satisfied are you that marijuana is now no longer illegal at the federal level?

Penn Jillette: Good evening to you too, Don, it's a pleasure to be speaking with you today. And of course, no one's happier than me to see this bill pass, except maybe my pals Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg...

Don Lemon: *laughing* Snoop Dogg posted a video to Twitter right after the bill, his reaction was about what you'd expect to the passage of a bill like this.

Penn Jillette: That was an awfully big blunt he lit up, and I hope he was in one of the states where that's legal.

Don Lemon: He was in California, it's legal there.

Penn Jillette: Also in my state of Nevada, which I'm proud to say, but listen, this bill is a big step, but it's not the final step, because now comes the challenge of legalizing pot in individual states, and I'm sure-

*The CNN feed changes from the recorded Don Lemon program from earlier that evening to a live shot of a building in Tokyo from which smoke is rising, there are dozens of police cars and ambulances, and numerous chaotic scenes of injured and crying people are shown.*

John Vause: We are coming on the air live with CNN International, and that is because of what has just happened in Tokyo, Japan, where a major terrorist attack appears to have taken place. You're looking at an event center in Chiyoda, a prefecture of Tokyo, where multiple bombs have been set off, including a large car bomb which has obviously as you can see on the screen caused major damage to this event center. We're going to go to our correspondent in Tokyo, Will Ripley, who is covering this terrible event on the ground for us. Will, can you give us some more details from this event center and what exactly happened?

*As more images of carnage are shown, Will can be heard over the phone with sirens wailing around him.*

Will: John, I am standing some distance away from this event center where this attack took place, and that is because I have had to move two times because of the enormous amount of emergency personnel and law enforcement flooding the scene.

John: These images look horrific, Will, I can definitely understand. What's going on down there?

Will: John, this took place at a very large convention being put on by a company, Kadokawa, that owns a lot of the entertainment properties here in Japan, particularly anime and manga. There were thousands of people at this convention, and while it was going on, an enormous car bomb went off outside the building, where dozens of people were waiting in line to go in. Right around the same time that happened, there were two more, smaller explosions, from inside the building, and then after those explosions, there was shooting, from what police are saying was an automatic or semi-automatic rifle.

John: There was a shooting also?

Will: From what I'm being told, after the explosions, someone started shooting at people outside the building, just spraying bullets into the crowd fleeing the explosions.

John: Oh, my God.

Will: It also seemed like the nearby Kadokawa building was targeted as well, because after shooting people fleeing the convention hall, the suspect actually walked toward their headquarters and tried to fire upon people being evacuated from that building, but that's when the police arrived.

John: Do you know anything about the suspect?

Will: What I'm hearing right now was that it was a lone gunman, but police are working from the theory that there may have been more people involved with the bombing. The suspect is said to be deceased, it's said that they were either killed by the police or that they took their own life.

John: This sounds like a pretty major terrorist attack, that there had to be some serious organization behind it.

Will: And, you know, John, it's only a few months after that terrible attack in Liverpool, which was, there were Pakistani nationals behind that attack, so the early theory is that the two might be related, that it might have something to do with the ongoing situation in Pakistan, but at this point of course it's far too early to speculate and right now the police are still hunting for anyone else who might be involved and also combing the surrounding areas for more devices. The nearby buildings have all been completely evacuated and they're just going room to room hunting for suspects and devices, which is going to take some time.

John: Are there any... I hate to ask this, but do they have any casualty figures to report?

Will: Right now, the early reports from the bodies that have been found are... they're pretty grim at this point, police say that between the shooting and the bombings, there are already 174 confirmed dead and of course many, many more injured, many critically. The police aren't officially confirming the identities of any of the dead, but it is important to note that this was a major entertainment convention, in a lot of ways the equivalent of a Comic-Con style event in the United States, and that many people very famous over here such as directors, actors, and internet personalities were in attendance and may have been targeted, social media is already posting the names of some of the people who might've been killed and while I'm not going to confirm anything before the official word is given, it's, um, it's likely that some of these very beloved figures may have at least been targeted.

John: 174, my word, this is certainly a tragedy of truly terrible proportions, Will.

Will: The fact that the attacker was not only able to get these devices into the building, but was also able to acquire firearms, which is extremely difficult to do in Japan, if not impossible for most people... that points to some major coordination and planning, so investigators will have their hands full, and of course, unfortunately they'll also be dealing with this massive casualty figure as well.

John: Will, thank you for your report on this terrible, terrible tragedy. Stay safe.

-from CNN's broadcast on November 18, 2017, at 1:08 AM Eastern Standard time (3:08 PM in Tokyo), CNN International's coverage of the event would continue for several more hours until CNN's American bureau took over to cover the story for most of the rest of the day

-

November 18, 2017 saw Japan's darkest day since the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, when Kensaka Haku, a 28-year-old Japanese web creator, detonated three bombs at a Chiyoda convention center, shot dozens of fleeing bystanders, and then took his own life after being surrounded by police. Kensaka, who had been a moderately-popular Internet personality who went by the name "Anime-kun" on popular video sharing sites Niconico and Videocean, decided to commit these horrible deeds after becoming "disillusioned" with the state of anime, particularly those belonging to Kadokawa, leading the event to become known as the "Kadokawa massacre". The three bombs, one of which was a car bomb that detonated outside the convention center, and two more of which were smaller devices inside the building, together killed 177 people and injured thousands more, while the shooting, committed by Kensaka after the explosions, took 38 more lives, for a total death toll of 215, making the event the single deadliest massacre ever carried out by an individual person (a record that would remain standing as of 2021) and the deadliest terrorist attack of any kind since the 2007 Islamabad attacks in Pakistan. Perhaps more notable than even the attack's staggering death toll were the identities of many killed in the attacks, including several extremely notable figures in the anime and manga community, with legendary director Hayao Miyazaki most famous among them. Nobunaga Shimazaki, Risa Taneda, Kenji Nojima, Kenichi Suzumura, Maaya Sakamoto, Yuu Kobayashi, Takuma Terashima, and Tite Kubo were also among those killed, along with numerous web creators more famous in Japan than Kensaka, with millions of subscribers between them, leaving absolutely no segment of the anime community untouched by the violence. There were also several notable "near-misses", of people present in the convention center but not near the bombings, or people who planned to attend but changed their plans, including Sailor Moon creator Naoko Takeuchi (who didn't attend due to unforeseen work commitments but who was scheduled to appear at the same booth where one of the bombs detonated), Berserk creator Kentaro Miura (who was in another part of the building), and seiyuu Miyu Matsuki, who was close to one of the backpack bombs but escaped death because she was standing beside a large column which shielded her from the blast (her second brush with death in two years, after surviving a major health scare in 2015).

The attack led to a tremendous outpouring of grief, but also generated tremendous anger, as numerous lapses in security that allowed Kensaka to carry out his attacks were pointed out. The fact that he'd been able to plant three explosive devices and get away to carry out a mass shooting, and the fact that he'd been able to acquire weapons which should have been impossible for him to acquire in Japan, was only possible due to what was considered to be "extreme negligence" on the part of security officials. It was clear that Kensaka had been planning the attack for many months, and not once did anyone close to him suspect anything was amiss. Indeed, most of his friends and acquaintances told police that right up until the day of the attacks, he'd been acting completely normally. His videos had gotten more passionate and angry as of late, but this was common amongst video reviewers, exaggerating their emotions to entertain their audience, so this too was seen as normal. Japan in recent years had been noted as entering into a "culture of carefree leniency", with law enforcement and security measures loosened across the country. It was in a midst of a youth movement, championed by popular PM Akira Nagatsuma, and there had even been talk of the death penalty (which, before the youth movement, had the support of more than 80% of the country, but in recent years had dropped as low as the mid-60s) being lessened or even abolished in the country, though this talk nearly ceased after the Kadokawa massacre took place. After the attacks, Japan came to a standstill. With so many prominent creative figures killed or injured, many anime and manga series were cancelled entirely, others were delayed for lengthy periods of time. New TV, theatrical, and game releases were halted for days or even weeks as the country mourned. Mourning was international: 18 foreign tourists were killed in the attack, including 7 Americans. The attack sent political and cultural shockwaves through the country that are still being felt years later. Many blamed Nagatsuma and his youth movement for the attacks, and he very nearly lost his prime ministership in the wave of anger that took place afterward. Other government officials were dismissed or demoted, some local officials were even arrested for dereliction of duty. Though the attack was primarily known as the "Kadokawa massacre", some would call it "The Day Anime Died", after "The Day The Music Died", the tragic 1959 plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper. Of course, anime didn't die, and would eventually come back stronger than ever, as surviving creators, touched by the tragedy, produced some of their deepest and most profound work in the coming years. It would be forever changed, though, and would be considered a sort of Altamont moment for Japan's youth movement, which would see a steep decline in momentum following the attack, leading to disillusionment and anger, both at themselves and at the wider Japanese public for blaming them, causing a sharp conservative swing in Japanese politics in the 2020s. A popular Japanese music artist would even release a version of "American Pie" with lyrics chronicling the rise and fall of the country's 2010s youth movement, positioning the Kadokawa massacre as the song's tragic final verse, a song that would top the charts in the country for many weeks.
HOLY. SHIT.

Are people still playing SimSociety ? Can we expect more Maxis games ?

SimSociety is absolutely still being played, not QUITE as much as it was in its first few years, but there are still millions of active users all over the world. Other Maxis games are still being released periodically, though SimSociety has somewhat taken over Maxis' creative energies.

No update today, but with Star Wars: Episode IX a significant part of the next update, I figured it was time to create another intro crawl. Again, ignore the Death Star popping up at the end, that's just part of this particular crawl creator. The opening crawl will actually fade into a shot of the planet where Luke Skywalker has traveled to meet the Whills.

Star Wars Episode IX Intro Crawl

SimSociety is absolutely still being played, not QUITE as much as it was in its first few years, but there are still millions of active users all over the world. Other Maxis games are still being released periodically, though SimSociety has somewhat taken over Maxis' creative energies.

No update today, but with Star Wars: Episode IX a significant part of the next update, I figured it was time to create another intro crawl. Again, ignore the Death Star popping up at the end, that's just part of this particular crawl creator. The opening crawl will actually fade into a shot of the planet where Luke Skywalker has traveled to meet the Whills.

Star Wars Episode IX Intro Crawl
Speaking of which, battlefront 2 is supposed to realse in 2017, what are the differences with this game and does it still have the lootboxes