I have a question on Kingdom Quest, Honest Abe...

Was there anything that Nintendo and/or Sony didn't like at any point in the series, and thus, banished it to the cutting room floor?
From now on italic text represents the response of the ITTL creator of the games.

There were a few jokes that had to be removed due to being a bit too mean-spirited for Nintendo's taste. Especially in KQIV. Though most of the stuff that was cut was usually cut for time rather than studio interference. King Robert the Slain, for instance, was intended for the first game but was cut to avoid going overschedule.

Sorry if the answer is too vague, but I can't think of anything that got cut from the game.

Last edited:
From now on italic text represents the response of the ITTL creator of the games.

There were a few jokes that had to be removed due to being a bit too mean-spirited for Nintendo's taste. Especially in KQIV. Though most of the stuff that was cut was usually cut for time rather than studio interference. King Robert the Slain, for instance, was intended for the first game but was cut to avoid going overschedule.

Sorry if the answer is too vague, but I can't think of anything that got cut from the game.
That's okay if the answer is too vague. In truth, I liked that the only stuff that got cut for good were Robot Chicken-esque gags.

That's okay if the answer is too vague. In truth, I liked that the only stuff that got cut for good were Robot Chicken-esque gags.
As far as I'm concerned the Kingdom Quest games are a mostly kid-friendly series with some clever gags for older players. There's a lot between that and Family Guy or Robot Chicken. And even the "Mature Audiences" jokes aren't about crude topics. I like to think that TTL gamers would look back to the Kingdom Quest games and see them as the games that treated them as grown-ups but did so tastefully.

ian5786

Banned
Kick
Excuse me @Nivek I want to see how many people were killed in JAS Flight 2235 Plane crash in October 2, 2000, US Airways Flight 1460 in May 25, 2000, Alaska Airlines Flight 275 in August 24, 2000, All Nippon Airways Flight 813 in November 4, 2000, Malaysia Airlines Flight 610 in May 10, 2004, Thai Airways International Flight 218 in July 3, 2005, Adam Air Flight 636 in June 3, 2007, SilkAir Flight 5391 in September 6, 2001, Ansett Australia Flight 194 in September 26, 2001 and American Airlines Flight 716 In April 22, 2002 Also I Wanna see Celebrity were Killed in the plane crash aside from Megumi Hayashibara and Alexis Bledel ITTL

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Excuse me @Nivek I want to see how many people were killed in JAS Flight 2235 Plane crash in October 2, 2000, US Airways Flight 1460 in May 25, 2000, Alaska Airlines Flight 275 in August 24, 2000, All Nippon Airways Flight 813 in November 4, 2000, Malaysia Airlines Flight 610 in May 10, 2004, Thai Airways International Flight 218 in July 3, 2005, Adam Air Flight 636 in June 3, 2007, SilkAir Flight 5391 in September 6, 2001, Ansett Australia Flight 194 in September 26, 2001 and American Airlines Flight 716 In April 22, 2002 Also I Wanna see Celebrity were Killed in the plane crash aside from Megumi Hayashibara and Alexis Bledel ITTL
You were warned IN THIS THREAD about this sort of wildly off topic BS.

Guess you need a better reminder.

Kicked for a week.

At the bare minimum, it is still around ITTL, by virtue of predating the point of divergence. (1987, IIRC?)

Whether or not it or another of Rick Astley's songs become a meme however is still up in the air.

Well, there are two-three factors to consider in the memetic nature of Never Gonna Give You Up.

1. The presence of Always Sunny in Philadelphia as the song's appearance in the early episode "Charlie Has Cancer" helped it gain internet popularity.
2. The concept of "duckrolling" taking off on 4chan.
3. The GTA IV trailer, which is where the first bait-and-switch happened.

I hate to ask another non-gaming question here, but does this song still become a meme ITTL?

Butterflies prevent it, sadly. Rick Astley is still doing concerts and even putting out CDs still (as IOTL), he's just not a meme at any point.

I've been enjoying this little break from the TL, which will probably continue for a few more months, as I've been throwing myself headlong into other projects. I might start doing some of those mini-posts (sales updates, Lyte and Darke info, and sending out the 2016 news update) in early 2021, but for now, I've been trying to avoid doing too much for the TL so I can make sure my batteries are recharged for the final stretch and I don't burn out again like I did this time around.

In the meantime, I've been working on fanfiction, including an Elena Of Avalor anthology featuring Elena/Naomi, and also a Tangled AU fanfic where Cassandra is the one to rescue Rapunzel from the tower instead of Eugene.

I'll try to respond to people's PMs and questions in the next few weeks if I can pull myself away from fanfic writing and Yakuza: Like A Dragon XD

In the meantime, I've been working on fanfiction, including an Elena Of Avalor anthology featuring Elena/Naomi, and also a Tangled AU fanfic where Cassandra is the one to rescue Rapunzel from the tower instead of Eugene.
Considering the writing chops you have in each update of this collective timeline, I hope your fanfictions become just as popular by comparison.