Let's say that the Democratic nominee Senator Barack Obama of Illinois' first two selections for vice president, Senators Joe Biden of Delaware and Evan Bayh of Indiana, turned down Obama's offer, viewing it as a demotion from their more powerful positions as senators. What if Obama selected the Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine as his vice presidential nominee? How do you think he'd do in the Vice Presidential Debates against Sarah Palin and Paul Ryan? What do you think he'd be remembered for as vice president from 2009-2017? Would that mean Hillary Clinton would select Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (said to be her second choice) as her vice presidential nominee? If this at all is considered current politics, I ask that the thread be transferred to the Chat Forum.

Sad that this thread doesn't have more replies, but if Biden and Bayh did turn down VP to stay in the Senate and Obama choose Kaine, I imagine turnout among Hispanics/Latinos would be higher for obvious reasons. Obama will be more vulnerable on foreign policy, however, because Kaine would not have served on a national level, only state-wide. McCain/Palin still get crushed in November. Kaine would have less of the character Biden had as vice president. Romney/Ryan still loses because of Romney's pandering to conservative s giving the wrong image.

HRC selects Vilsack or some other safe white man, which is a turn off to Hispanics/Latinos because of his support for an English-only law.

Dementor

Banned
Sad that this thread doesn't have more replies, but if Biden and Bayh did turn down VP to stay in the Senate and Obama choose Kaine, I imagine turnout among Hispanics/Latinos would be higher for obvious reasons. Obama will be more vulnerable on foreign policy, however, because Kaine would not have served on a national level, only state-wide. McCain/Palin still get crushed in November. Kaine would have less of the character Biden had as vice president. Romney/Ryan still loses because of Romney's pandering to conservative s giving the wrong image.

HRC selects Vilsack or some other safe white man, which is a turn off to Hispanics/Latinos because of his support for an English-only law.
Nice analysis, but it misses the fact that the younger Kaine, unlike Biden, would be the obvious successor to Obama. So Clinton might not win the nomination at all. Or alternatively Clinton and Kaine split the more moderate Democratic vote, allowing Sanders to win the nomination.

Kaine would stand a strong chance in 2016, forgiving any scandals. I could see him being keen on picking an women for VP