Bad Flag Thread

The town of Cary, North Carolina's flag isn't great.
14504477-1433792900-640x360.jpg

Having the town seal, name, and location is one thing, but the random yellow border is something else entirely.

The yellow border must symbolize the containment area.

Behold the Los Angeles County Fire Department's flag.

"County of Los Angeles" is on there twice. The L.A. County flag also does this. What's going on? Why do Angelenos need to have "County of Los Angeles" two times on their flags?

The town of Cary, North Carolina's flag isn't great. Having the town seal, name, and location is one thing, but the random yellow border is something else entirely.

It's bad, but it's not bad bad. If they removed the wording and centered the seal, it'd be much better.

A thread dedicated to bad flags?

The first is the flag of Mars, although unofficial, it's used by both the mars society and the planetary society, and the colours do not go together. Red and greed should never be seen, everyone knows that. It might look better if they placed the blue between the red and green to create a barrier, but they didn't.
800px-flag_of_mars-svg_.jpg

Secondly, the last flag of the Free State of Prussia, that eagle looks demented, where even is its pupil? and the national phrase, although I have nothing against it by itself, looks like it's shouting due to the exclamation mark. And to top it off theres a swastika, which although design related isn't a bad thing, it has bad connotations in the Western world due to WW2. However, since Prussia was under Hitler's control from 1933, the inclusion of it does make sense.
1000px-Flag_of_Prussia_1933.svg.png

And finally, Kvalsund, which looks like a three-way kiss between fish.
kvalsund-norway.gif

A thread dedicated to bad flags?

The first is the flag of Mars, although unofficial, it's used by both the mars society and the planetary society, and the colours do not go together. Red and greed should never be seen, everyone knows that. It might look better if they placed the blue between the red and green to create a barrier, but they didn't.

Portugal just unfriended you on Facebook.

Here's the wiphala flag of the indigenous tribes of Bolivia. It kinda looks like a gay finish-race flag.
700px-Banner_of_the_Qulla_Suyu.svg.png

And this is the flag of Macapá, Brazil. What is that, an iron sausage?
1000px-Bandeira_de_Macapá.svg.png

The flag of the Department of Magdalena in Colombia is a pretty big eyesore. But of course it had to be, since pretty much all of the Department is an eyesore.

800px-Flag_of_Magdalena.svg.png

Kinda reminds me of the flag of the Zanzibar Sultanate, really:

640px-Flag_of_the_Sultanate_of_Zanzibar.svg.png

The Calcutta flag is also a pretty ugly one.

20th_Century_Pre-Independence_Calcutta_Flag_of_India.png

I've always felt the flags of Milwaukee and Cedar Rapids seemed like they were advertising theme parks.

800px-Flag_of_Milwaukee%2C_Wisconsin.svg.png

us-iacdr.gif

For reference, here is the flag of Elitch Gardens theme and water park in Denver, CO:

elitch-gardens-logo.jpg

Austin, Texas.

The standard low-effort flag is a seal on a field of some color. Austin did... some of that.

The seal turned horizontally would make a decent flag: the blue wedge on the hoist, genie lamp (no idea what that symbolizes in Austin), and a red-white triband.

The seal turned horizontally would make a decent flag: the blue wedge on the hoist, genie lamp (no idea what that symbolizes in Austin), and a red-white triband.
I've seen a proposal which is essentially that. It looked too much like Puerto Rico averaged with the Czech Republic to me, but it'd be a step up.