BACK IN THE USSA (Newman)

I got this at a SF convention several years ago. Newman wrote this before he did stories with Vampires,etc. What do you think? Attention British posters:Whatever happened to Newman's proposed AH novel about a Victorious German Invasion? :cool: :)

newman?

i feel kind of stupid posting this but i dont think ive ever heard of this newman character and i thought i knew of quite a few british sci-fi authors-unless this is one of those many "blanks" i have where later on i wonder how i could be so forgetful-maybe alzheimers beginning at age 39!!-i would definitely like to know more about this person!

Kim Newman also writes under the name of "Jack Yeovil". The Yeovil books were published by the games firm, GAMES WORKSHOP, and usually involved tie-ins with GW's products. But they're none the worse for that. One series of these books started as (I think) a tie-in to game which started as a rip-off of the Mad Max films but quickly went its own way. The series is set in an alternate world where Jackie left John Kennedy after finding him in bed with Marilyn Monroe just before 1960 election and everything went downhill after that. Massive pollution, gang cults, whole states virtually depopulated, and a mysterious figure trying to bring back the Great Old Ones. Elvis Presley, retired as colonel from the American Army (he began to get a bit suspicious about some of things happening to his career and stayed on in the army) is a "sanctioned op", a sort of legalised bounty hunter (he's benefited from rejuvenation techniques). At one stage he meets the exiled John Lennon, the head of the British Labour Party, struggling against the authoritarian regime of Jeffrey Archer. Titles include COMEBACK TOUR, DEMON DOWNLOAD, and KROKODIL TEARS.

As "Newman" he's done several collections of short stories, various horror novels, and the ANNO DRACULA series of novels and short stories. There's usually a high AH content in his stories with massive of literary and historical injokes. In the first book, ANNO DRACULA, Dracula has defeated Van Helsing, turned Queen Victoria into a vampire and rejuvenated her, and is ruling Britain as Prince-Consort. The Diogenes Club, headed by Mycroft Holmes, a Mr Waverley, and an Admiral whose obviously meant to be the grandfather of James Bond's boss, is working against him.

I strongly recommend his books.

thanks for info

thanks much about the information for this writer! sounds like hes written some fascinating stuff-i guess i never had heard of him-but i will definitely try to find his work now!