Austria in China...

Hello, all. Looking for some suggestions about what region/citie(s) in China could conceivably belong to the Austro - Hungarian Empire if the Government had decided to follow along with the Great Powers. NB, for this situation to be plausible, I am going to suggest that the Empire already has some experience with power projection outside of the Continent (a successful Nicobar colonization, a minor concession from the Berlin Conference on Africa, etc.). I have some ideas already that I may flesh out, but right now I am just looking for ideas about what might be obtainable for Austria if they decide that they do want a Treaty port. Cheers!

Just because Austria wanted one doesn't mean it gets one. Italy, a slightly more established power, sent a warship in 189I, also hoping to establish a treaty port on the Chinese coast (Sanmen Bay, Zhejiang). That expedition ended as expected.

Well one way might to be to make a stronger claim AFTER the Boxer Rebellion. Get a treaty port.

Another might be is that A-H wins the Austro-Prussian War and gets some lands in Africa and the Pacific Islands from Spain.

Maybe Austria-Hungary sends military support to piggy back on Germany when they acquired their concession in Qingdao?

Austria-Hungary gets a concession somewhere nearby as a result.

Germany approves as they could use an ally in a China surrounded by hostile concessions of Britain, France, Russia and Japan.

Well one way might to be to make a stronger claim AFTER the Boxer Rebellion. Get a treaty port.

That's what I was thinking, and I seem to recall reading that the opportunity was there for Austria to have one, if they had expressed
the necessary interest. Of course, in our timeline the Empire was too constrained by her internal politics - and a complete lack of any interest in colonies - for this
to materialize.