Asking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by cjc, Feb 15, 2019.

1. cjc Well-Known Member

So is there anywhere on the forum where I could as for TL suggestions?

2. desmirelle director of admissions, brookview sanitarium

?

You don't have an interest in any particular period or aspect of history?

3. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-TraƂkaist Donor

I would like a timeline about a successful Kapp Putsch for example.

4. cjc Well-Known Member

Yes?, I would like time line suggestions for a post-1800 Russia empire TL, but I wasn't shere what part of the forum I sould ask for that.

5. desmirelle director of admissions, brookview sanitarium

If your answer is post-1800 Russian Empire, then you've answered your own question. That's how determine what TL to do and you post in the Pre-1900 forum. However, I would advise you start with (example only): WI: Rasputin killed by jealous husband in 1897 as the title and begin with something along the lines of "Rasputin is caught by a Russian noble in bed with the noble's wife. The noble shoots Rasputin, will that affect/improve the popularity of the Royal Family?" Of course, your WI will revolve about your own interest in a specific incident which may change things.

But, when (if) you get a reply (going with my fictional TL for you; you might answer it with "I was thinking it would help the Tsarina's image, but no so much the Tsar's." (Or whatever your opinion is). When you've outlined/written your TL (which you will be working on as the story), then perhaps begin posting after getting some feedback. There are people here who know things you probably don't and their input might save you from writing yourself into a corner (or worse). Unless you've got quite of writing experience, converse for while - you may learn a detail that forces you to change something you've planned in the TL.

alex costa, Grey Wolf and Zagan like this.
  6. Grey Wolf Writer, Poet, Publisher, Cat-sitter Gone Fishin'

Yeah, start with the shadow of an idea in one of the relevant forums

People will then suggest things, or critique things

You can then use these to flesh out the idea, and when you're happy you have what you need to start - start

7. cjc Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand my question, I'm asking for other people's TL for a specific thing sense both this forums and in general searches are shit at atualy finding it.

8. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

Do you mean a thread where you can ask for suggestions for TLs about certain subjects?

9. cjc Well-Known Member

Yes.

10. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

Ah... Non-Political Chat might be a good place for that.

11. cjc Well-Known Member

Thank you!