As Dreamers Do Part Deux

So... there's no logo plastering? Any logo additions are of logos from the time period? Am I in heaven?

And... are VHS's still a thing now, apparently?

@Tacomaster
I felt that the mid-2000's would be an opportunity for an independent startup to keep VHS alive after Hollywood starting pivoting more to DVD.

For those curious...

The 25th Anniversary Limited Run prints of ET: The Extra Terrestrial start with the following. Keep in mind that when the film was first released to home video in 1984, the "Cheezy Diamond" Classics logo was inserted by mistake, but Disney didn't want to delay the release to correct it.

Note:
This WDP logo came out three years earlier than IOTL. ITTL, ET was originally planned to be released under the Fox banner, but Steven Spielberg wanted this logo instead after seeing a sneak peek.

For 2009, Paramount will license North by Northwest to Limited Run for the film's 50th anniversary.

Here's what the opening should look like after the logos, coming attractions and copyright warnings:

You do know quote replies exist, right?
Yes. I apologize.

Anyways...

In 2009, Paramount will reissue The Wizard of Oz for its 70th anniversary. As part of that occasion, Oz will be remastered in 4k and will be screened in IMAX for the first time at most IMAX-equipped cinemas worldwide. Here's what the opening is expected to look like...

1679588771939-png.820307

Last edited:
@Tacomaster
I felt that the mid-2000's would be an opportunity for an independent startup to keep VHS alive after Hollywood starting pivoting more to DVD.

For those curious...

The 25th Anniversary Limited Run prints of ET: The Extra Terrestrial start with the following. Keep in mind that when the film was first released to home video in 1984, the "Cheezy Diamond" Classics logo was inserted by mistake, but Disney didn't want to delay the release to correct it.

Note:
This WDP logo came out three years earlier than IOTL. ITTL, ET was originally planned to be released under the Fox banner, but Steven Spielberg wanted this logo instead after seeing a sneak peek.
@OldNavy1988 are you aware of the D-Theater VHS tapes from the early 2000s that had digitally encoded video and were thus the first home video formats capable of playing back 1080p video?

If you ever make a third version of American Magic, maybe Limited Run starts up in the early 2000s and markets films on these types of VHS tapes. It would not only give them a retro veneer, but also a premium edge.

@OldNavy1988 are you aware of the D-Theater VHS tapes from the early 2000s that had digitally encoded video and were thus the first home video formats capable of playing back 1080p video?

If you ever make a third version of American Magic, maybe Limited Run starts up in the early 2000s and markets films on these types of VHS tapes. It would not only give them a retro veneer, but also a premium edge.

Really?????

@OldNavy1988, this is a awesome idea!

And of course if you make a third version of American Magic, then I'd gladly help.

But this is actually a good idea @THEKINGFISH217! Let's talk in the PM.

Really?????
Yeah, really. Here's Youtber Techmoan's take on it.
IOTL, the studios that supported it were Artisan Entertianment, 20th Century Fox, DreamWorks Pictures, and Universal Pictures. Maybe Limited Run and Disney (ironically owning Fox ITTL's 2002) could promote the format ITTL than IOTL.
@OldNavy1988, this is a awesome idea!

And of course if you make a third version of American Magic, then I'd gladly help.
I got some ides too.
But this is actually a good idea @THEKINGFISH217! Let's talk in the PM.
Is that like the conversations function (I'm still kinda new)?

Last edited: