As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early August 2003

After decades of evading justice, underground comix legend Robert Crumb, who turns 60 later this month, has been extradited from France to the United States to face trial for at least five sexual assaults that occurred from 1967 through '70.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Rocky Lorenzo, former Disney and Hanna-Barbera animator, has died of natural causes at San Quentin State Prison. Lorenzo, 61, was serving six life sentences for the murders of multiple gay men and the physical abuse of his trans daughter Zoe (then known as Joseph Lorenzo). Lorenzo was infamous for having drawn panty shots in Disney's 1969 version of Alice in Wonderland. He was also notorious for his spat with supervising animator Ollie Johnston over Belle's cup size in the 1975 film Beauty and the Beast.
- USA Today

AEW signs Chris Benoit after his release from jail.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl expresses an interest in lining up investors to acquire Tower Records.
- Billboard

FX cancels Stan Lee's Stripperella after only one episode.
- TV Guide
1. Great.
2. Good
3. Oh great... I really hope Benoit gets help ITTL.
4. Okay? Maybe it will survive longer now.
5. Surprise it even existed here at all.

3. Oh great... I really hope Benoit gets help ITTL.
Well, to keep Benoit in line all they would have to do show him the last few years of Vince McMahon. As to how he gets used in AEW, I would suggest the use of this division:
ROH Pure Championship | Pro Wrestling | Fandom

In that division, matches are held to the following rules: (1) three legal rope breaks for submissions; (2) no punches or kicks below the belt; (3) a 20 second count instead of 10; and (4) handshakes before and after the match. This would effectively by the lower Mid-Card Belt (a la the European Championship or Television championship in WCW and NWA), but it would also be the most frequently defended championship in the company. The World Title only gets defended at the major PPVs and the first Dynamite of the year, The USA Championship (Upper-Mid Card Championship) would be defended in the main event of each of the B-shows and one dynamite main event a month, and the tag belts get defended whenever. Same for the Women's division championships.​

Considering that the Saturday Morning Schedule for 2003-04 is coming up soon, I hope Warner Bros. brings The Bugs Bunny Show back to Saturday Mornings via MyNetworkTV. BTW @OldNavy1988, my latest questions have yet to be answered:
1. How's Chuck E. Cheese doing at this point ITTL? In the original "American Magic" timeline, Disney brought out Chuck E.'s owners, ShowBiz Pizza Time (Currently called CEC Entertainment IOTL) in 2002, and even teamed up with Creative Engineering to revive Showbiz Pizza Place in 2005. Could something like that happen ITTL as well?
2. When TimeWarner sold off Namco as part of the AOL merger ITTL, did the former keep the Elitch Gardens and Great Escape theme parks? If so, than both them and Knott's Berry Farm (and that Paris theme park ITTL WB is planning...) could probably be part of a new unit of AOL Time Warner. May I suggest the name "Warner Parks"?
Another question: Considering Disney's relationship with Rumiko Takahashi and Shogakukan ITTL, has Inuyasha been dubbed yet ITTL? IOTL, the anime started being dubbed in 2002, so if the english dub started ITTL in that year as well, that would be cool. Other Rumiko Takahashi anime adaptations made around this time that are ripe for dubbing include Rumiko Takahashi Anthology and Mermaid's Forest.

Entertainment News for Early August 2003

After decades of evading justice, underground comix legend Robert Crumb, who turns 60 later this month, has been extradited from France to the United States to face trial for at least five sexual assaults that occurred from 1967 through '70.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Rocky Lorenzo, former Disney and Hanna-Barbera animator, has died of natural causes at San Quentin State Prison. Lorenzo, 61, was serving six life sentences for the murders of multiple gay men and the physical abuse of his trans daughter Zoe (then known as Joseph Lorenzo). Lorenzo was infamous for having drawn panty shots in Disney's 1969 version of Alice in Wonderland. He was also notorious for his spat with supervising animator Ollie Johnston over Belle's cup size in the 1975 film Beauty and the Beast.
- USA Today

AEW signs Chris Benoit after his release from jail.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl expresses an interest in lining up investors to acquire Tower Records.
- Billboard

FX cancels Stan Lee's Stripperella after only one episode.
- TV Guide
1/2 - Bye bye losers!
3- Interesting, see if can turn it around.
4- Cool
5- WTF? Never heard of it.

Hey OldNavy1988, is it possible to see the following show end up somewhere on American TV ITTL?:
Also, how do you think of this that I made for potential anime to air on the Jim Henson networks in 2003 as well as a action block I made for The Animation Network?:

I know that's a long list, but I think these have potential!

Tell me your thoughts and how you think about those ideas!

In New York, a judge ruled in favor of NBC after Ray Spum sued the network for abruptly canceling The Ripping Friends. Spum accused NBC of censorship, but NBC claimed complaints from advertisers and parents' groups forced their hand. One episode featured Crag commanding Timmy the Geek to drink toilet water and eat feces as punishment for squirting mustard on Crag's tights. Another episode pitted the Ripping Friends against "The Redneck Heartthrob," a mean-spirited amalgam of 80's teen actor Greg Rhodes (native of Tampa, Florida) and 90's teen actor Gus St. Pierre (Born in Louisiana), playing on harmful stereotypes of the "typical dumb southerner." And a third episode saw the Ripping Friends dispense extremely violent "justice" against The Abuela, a racist caricature of a middle-aged Hispanic woman, who was shown earlier in the episode emotionally abusing her 35-year-old grandson.
That is just messed up......

Another quick post: I assume My Life as a Teenage Robot will still be a Nicktoon ITTL, considering that creator Rob Renzetti's Mina and the Count ITTL became a full-on cartoon for ITTL sister channel ABC's saturday morning lineup from 1997 to 1999.

Another quick post: I assume My Life as a Teenage Robot will still be a Nicktoon ITTL, considering that creator Rob Renzetti's Mina and the Count ITTL became a full-on cartoon for ITTL sister channel ABC's saturday morning lineup from 1997 to 1999.
I think it would work better as a Cartoon Network show because the artwork seems so cartoon network.