As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Late December 2003/Early January 2004
While I wait for more pipeline feedback, here's the headlines heading into the new year.

Sony Corporation of America, Amblin Entertainment, Hasbro and NBC/RKO (soon to rebrand as Peacock Media) have each expressed an interest in acquiring Universal Studios from Comcast.
- The New York Times

Tower Records sold to tiny California-based Amoeba Music.
- The Sacramento Bee

NBC/RKO chairman Michael Eisner formally announces the company's restructuring and rebranding as Peacock.
- NBC News

TimeWarner officially drops "AOL" from its corporate name, restoring its 1991-2000 moniker.
- The Detroit Free Press

Bally chairman Jeffrey Bewkes announces the company's plans to acquire Namco USA, which was spun off from AOL TimeWarner just a few years ago.
- The Chicago Tribune

While I wait for more pipeline feedback, here's the headlines heading into the new year.
Ok.
Sony Corporation of America, Amblin Entertainment, Hasbro and NBC/RKO (soon to rebrand as Peacock Media) have each expressed an interest in acquiring Universal Studios from Comcast.
- The New York Times
May I suggest Peacock Media be the one to get Universal?
- The Sacramento Bee

NBC/RKO chairman Michael Eisner formally announces the company's restructuring and rebranding as Peacock.
- NBC News

TimeWarner officially drops "AOL" from its corporate name, restoring its 1991-2000 moniker.
- The Detroit Free Press
Ok.
Bally chairman Jeffrey Bewkes announces the company's plans to acquire Namco USA, which was spun off from AOL TimeWarner just a few years ago.
- The Chicago Tribune
That's good. What properties does Namco own?

- The New York Times

- The Sacramento Bee

- NBC News

- The Detroit Free Press

- The Chicago Tribune
1: Renaming NBC/RKO to Peacock Media is the best choice to make, given how the latter brand is currently a J-lister in the entertainment scene.
2: With that out of the way, I would not want Hasbro to acquire Universal Studios, because they already have connections to Columbia-TriStar, Nelvana, and Nintendo, all three of which fill in certain niches of Universal's history.
3: So, that leaves Sony, Amblin, and Peacock. Of those three, I wouldn't bet the farm on Amblin, even if Spielberg's wallet was involved. Which brings me to Sony or Peacock.
4: Given the two of them, I would actually go with Sony on this one.
5: Tower Record sold to Amoeba could get a few jokes, and not much else unless the sale results in something big.
6: TimeWarner dropping AOL is nice.
7: I wish Bally luck on making Namco a household banner for them, as they own the rights to Rocky & Bullwinkle, Shezow, and South Park. What's one or two more renowned IPs, more or less?

kirbopher15

Kicked

- The New York Times

- The Sacramento Bee

- NBC News

- The Detroit Free Press

- The Chicago Tribune
Did you put my idea regarding the lion the witch and the wardrobe into consoderation mate

We'll to @OldNavy1988, this would be great. Sony is the biggest interest in getting Universal, but Peacock Media made an offer for troubled Miramax from Phil Anschutz, who had a coup of failures like The Ripping Friends and Firefly.
Another string of films heralded in development was Universal's remake of Airport, scheduled for Fall 2005 (OTL it was Flightplan and it was a remake of The Lady Vanishes). Touchstone Pictures would have the Lindsay Lohan vehicle Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, and RKO had films under contract to Lorne Michaels, like Hot Rod, which was in development.

- The New York Times

- The Sacramento Bee

- NBC News

- The Detroit Free Press

- The Chicago Tribune
I would pefer If someone other then Bally Like Microsoft Kennywood Enterment hesearnd or the guy who owns lake compounce buyout namco usa. Also speaking of themepark sales who bought out the walbi group in 1998 in the place of six flags. Perhaps who ever bought out walbi would want ot expand into america by buyingout namco usa.

DREAMWORKS
Shrek 2 (Spring or Summer 2004)
Anchorman (Summer or Fall 2004)
Shark Tale (Fall 2004)
Madagascar (Summer 2005)
Shouldn't Starlight Express be in the list? IIRC in the old TL it takes Shark Tale's place and thus butterfly that film away, something I don't think many will care about.

I've got an idea for an anime called Neon Hunter
That good this timeline could use some comptley orignal ideas. The only oringal ideas we had so far are spinoff and seagueal ideas. I had an idea for an oignal cartoon called star snakes but Oldnavy ingored. Geekkhan showed interst in though.

It focuses on heroic alien snakes who land in Arizona after escaping space pirates who attacked the ark taking members of their race the Serpentines to build a colony on a jungle planet after meteor there homeworld starting an ice age. They are initially hostilely received in american mainly do a combinaiton of human fear of alline invaison and to do negtive l deption in western culture . However the star snakes slowly gain the trust of humans starting with social marginally people but later turn most of the general public to their side. The star snakes defend the inccoent form varios allien threats, mutant terran animals and human criminals.

We'll to @OldNavy1988, this would be great. Sony is the biggest interest in getting Universal, but Peacock Media made an offer for troubled Miramax from Phil Anschutz, who had a coup of failures like The Ripping Friends and Firefly.
Another string of films heralded in development was Universal's remake of Airport, scheduled for Fall 2005 (OTL it was Flightplan and it was a remake of The Lady Vanishes). Touchstone Pictures would have the Lindsay Lohan vehicle Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, and RKO had films under contract to Lorne Michaels, like Hot Rod, which was in development.
Oldnavy neaver mention firefly coming out in this timeline. If it was released by awusits it would be more succfull then ripping firends.

It focuses on heroic alien snakes who land in Arizona after escaping space pirates who attacked the ark taking members of their race the Serpentines to build a colony on a jungle planet after meteor there homeworld starting an ice age. They are initially hostilely received in american mainly do a combinaiton of human fear of alline invaison and to do negtive l deption in western culture . However the star snakes slowly gain the trust of humans starting with social marginally people but later turn most of the general public to their side. The star snakes defend the inccoent form varios allien threats, mutant terran animals and human criminals.
cool I could see it being picked up thorugh Nickloden

What is the list of the Presidents/CEOs of the Walt Disney Company like ITTL?
Presidents
Walt Disney, Sr. 1923-71 with Roy O. Disney as vice president
Donn Tatum 1971-72
Card Walker 1973-80
Ron Miller 1980-83
Roy E. Disney 1983-present

Chairman of the Board
Walt Disney, Sr. 1945-82
Walt Disney, Jr. 1982-present (Co-chaired with his father from 1982-84)

20th Century-Fox (Since the sale to Disney in 1975)
Alan Ladd, Jr. and Gareth Wigan 1973-78
Roy E. Disney 1978-79 (interim)
Frank G. Wells 1979-2004
Robert Zemeckis 2004-present

Presidents
Walt Disney, Sr. 1923-71 with Roy O. Disney as vice president
Donn Tatum 1971-72
Card Walker 1973-80
Ron Miller 1980-83
Roy E. Disney 1983-present

Chairman of the Board
Walt Disney, Sr. 1945-82
Walt Disney, Jr. 1982-present (Co-chaired with his father from 1982-84)

20th Century-Fox (Since the sale to Disney in 1975)
Alan Ladd, Jr. and Gareth Wigan 1973-78
Roy E. Disney 1978-79 (interim)
Frank G. Wells 1979-2004
Robert Zemeckis 2004-present
Perhaps it's time to change the President of Disney.

- The Chicago Tribune
At this point, why stop at just buying out Namco's U.S. unit? I say Bally should buy out ALL of Namco (Not just the U.S. offices, but the ENTIRE company as well!), considering that Midway IOTL once had a partnership with Namco relating to Pac-Man!

Last edited:
Very nice, @OldNavy1988, but Disney's Catch That Kid will came out on February 6, 2004, Warner Bros.' (OTL Disney made the film) Miracle also came out on February 6, 2004, Hollywood Pictures' (OTL 20th Century-Fox made the film) Garfield: The Movie came out on June 11, 2004 and Disney's Tron 2.0 (the film sequel of 1982's Tron) will came out on June 30, 2004 (the OTL Spider-Man 2 date).

Well to @OldNavy1988 , I want Legendary Pictures to produce Disney's Tron 2.0 (OTL, it existed only as a video game) (scheduled to be opened for June 30, 2004, which in OTL, was the release date for Spider-Man 2), and Richard Jeffries to be served as screenwriter, Steve Lisberger to be served as producer and Jan de Bont to be hired as director, and the film's cast will going to be Bruce Boxleitner as Tron, Brittny Murphy as Eva Popoff, Cindy Morgan as Lora and Rebecca Romjin as Mercury, and music will be by Wendy Carlos. Another remake ordered by Disney is Flight of the Phoenix, which will be a co-production of Legendary Pictures, set to be released on December 17, 2004.
If necessary, Tron 2.0 might open with two logos:

Well to @OldNavy1988 , I want Legendary Pictures to produce Disney's Tron 2.0 (OTL, it existed only as a video game) (scheduled to be opened for June 30, 2004, which in OTL, was the release date for Spider-Man 2), and Richard Jeffries to be served as screenwriter, Steve Lisberger to be served as producer and Jan de Bont to be hired as director, and the film's cast will going to be Bruce Boxleitner as Tron, Brittny Murphy as Eva Popoff, Cindy Morgan as Lora and Rebecca Romjin as Mercury, and music will be by Wendy Carlos. Another remake ordered by Disney is Flight of the Phoenix, which will be a co-production of Legendary Pictures, set to be released on December 17, 2004.
If necessary, Tron 2.0 might open with two logos:
Dude did you get promisshon?