As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Beauty and the Beast (2002 Live Action Remake)
R.d24093195412ffd880b0f5ea658d0ecf

Beauty and the Beast
Released on February 15, 2002, by Walt Disney Pictures

A remake of the 1975 animated feature produced and directed by
Walt Disney, Sr.

Songs from the 1975 version written by
Robert B. Sherman
Richard M. Sherman

Musical Score by Alan Menken with leitmotifs written for the 1975 version by Buddy Baker

Directed by
Jon Favreau

Main Cast
Reese Witherspoon as Belle
Hayden Christensen as Prince Adam/The Beast
Joe Manganiello as Gaston
Wilford Brimley as Maurice
Lambert Wilson as Lumiere
Eddie Izzard as Cogsworth
Julie Andrews as Mrs. Potts
Devon Werkheiser as Chip
Verne Troyer as Lefou
John Hurt as Monsieur Darque​

Entertainment News for Late February 2002

Developing Story

Henson shareholders vote almost unanimously to oust Michael Eisner as chairman.
- CNN

Following parental outcry, NBC cancels The Ripping Friends and temporarily fills the timeslot with Saved by the Bell reruns.
- Variety

Ray Spum accuses NBC of censorship, vows to take the network to court.
- The Hollywood Reporter

The Osbournes
(MTV) debuts in first place over WCW Thunder (TBS) in Thursday night cable ratings.
- TV Guide

Regis Philbin announces his retirement from SBC's longtime morning talk show.
- SBC News

Developing Story

- CNN

Following parental outcry, NBC cancels The Ripping Friends and temporarily fills the timeslot with Saved by the Bell reruns.
- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

The Osbournes
(MTV) debuts in first place over WCW Thunder (TBS) in Thursday night cable ratings.
- TV Guide

Regis Philbin announces his retirement from SBC's longtime morning talk show.
- SBC News
1. Good thing tbh.
2 and 3. I'm okay with this and honestly hope Spum loses in court.
4. Bit of a surprise actually. How is WCW handling with more talent coming into the company. I always wonder how a WCW Brand Split would work with WCW Nitro versus WCW Thunder with different belts on each shows. @OldNavy1988 if you are interested with it I can share you my idea on it.
5. So Live with Regis isn't an ABC show but SBC ITTL. So who will replace him? If it isn't that show then is he hosting SBC equivalent to NBC Today and ABC Good Morning America instead? Still curious who will replace me actually...

Bonus question: is G4tv and TechTV a think ITTL? I think G4 is but not sure about the other. Also what about Food Network. Young self used to watch Iron Chef Japan back when it aired it.

Developing Story

- CNN

- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

The Osbournes
- TV Guide
What's The Osbourne's?

What did Eisner. do?

Good, Would The Ripping Friends still rerun elsewhere?

5. So Live with Regis isn't an ABC show but SBC ITTL. So who will replace him? If it isn't that show then is he hosting SBC equivalent to NBC Today and ABC Good Morning America instead? Still curious who will replace me actually...

Bonus question: is G4tv and TechTV a think ITTL? I think G4 is but not sure about the other. Also what about Food Network. Young self used to watch Iron Chef Japan back when it aired it.
To be fair, Regis had been on ABC with Kathie Lee Gifford. So it wasn't until early 2001 when the Regis and Kathie Lee partnership broke up that he landed on his feet at SBC.

Morning Shows as of 2002

ABC: Good Morning America
CBS: The Early Show
NBC: The Today Show
SBC: Sunrise
Fox: Fox Breakfast Time
UPN: Local programming

Nightly News Shows as of 2002

ABC:
ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings
CBS: CBS Evening News with Dan Rather
NBC: NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw
SBC: SBC Action News with Keith Olbermann
Fox: Local newscasts
UPN: Hard Copy with Alan Colmes

Late Night Talk Shows as of 2002

ABC:
ABC After Dark with Rosie O'Donnell and Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher
CBS: The Late Show with Jay Leno and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn
NBC: The Tonight Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Conan O'Brien
SBC: The Bedtime Show
Fox: Up Late with Arsenio Hall

Great job @OldNavy1988! But next season, 2002-2003, CBS will order Joss Whedon's first show since his firing from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, to be produced TTL by Miramax Television, as a way of competing with NBC's Star Trek: Enterprise. Hopefully Bob Berney (OTL's founder of Picturehouse) was hired to join Miramax Films. But Dragonfly will be released in theaters on February 22, 2002 by Universal Pictures, and The Time Machine was released on March 8, 2002 (TTL it was by Turner under MGM, OTL it was DreamWorks and Warner Bros.), and Ice Age would come out on March 15, 2002 by Walt Disney Pictures, and Blade II was released March 22, 2002 TTL by 20th Century-Fox. Fred Dekker's next epic superhero Hulk would came out on May 3, 2002 by 20th Century-Fox. TTL Blade II was the first to introduce the Marvel "flipbook" logo.

Morning Shows as of 2002

ABC: Good Morning America
CBS: The Early Show
NBC: The Today Show
SBC: Sunrise
Fox: Fox Breakfast Time

Nightly News Shows as of 2002

ABC:
ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings
CBS: CBS Evening News with Dan Rather
NBC: NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw
SBC: SBC Action News with Keith Olbermann
Fox: Local newscasts
UPN: Hard Copy with Alan Colmes

Late Night Talk Shows as of 2002

ABC:
ABC After Dark with Rosie O'Donnell and Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher
CBS: The Late Show with Jay Leno and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn
NBC: The Tonight Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Conan O'Brien
SBC: The Bedtime Show
Fox: Up Late with Arsenio Hall
I'm okay with UPN not bothering with a morning talk show. But surprise that Hard Copy is a thing still ITTL. If I remember in the original TL it was a 24/7 replacement to Fox News? If I remember right? Also Keith Olbermann on SBC is cool honestly. Same thing I sail about UPN can be said on Fox not having a nightly show.

Also nice to see Arsenio Hall doing something. Wonder if they Daily Show is a thing still?

I'm okay with UPN not bothering with a morning talk show. But surprise that Hard Copy is a thing still ITTL. If I remember in the original TL it was a 24/7 replacement to Fox News? If I remember right? Also Keith Olbermann on SBC is cool honestly. Same thing I sail about UPN can be said on Fox not having a nightly show.

Also nice to see Arsenio Hall doing something. Wonder if they Daily Show is a thing still?
The Daily Show airs on Comedy Central just like OTL.

Super Bowl Rotation as was previously agreed upon in 1998:
XXIII (1999): Fox (Minnesota Vikings vs. Denver Broncos)
XXIV (2000): ABC (Los Angeles Rams vs. Houston Oilers)
XXV (2001): CBS (Los Angeles Rams vs. Indianapolis Colts)
XXVI (2002): SBC

In the spring of 2001, the existing NFL TV pacts, agreed upon in 1998, were extended thru the 2005 season. After Pat Summerall announced his retirement early in the 2001 offseason, SBC agreed to let Fox carry Super Bowl XXVI to allow Pat and John Madden a proper sendoff.
58609-full.jpg

Here's the revised Super Bowl rotation as follows:
XXVI (2002): Fox (Los Angeles Rams vs. Indianapolis Colts)
XXVII (2003): ABC
XXVIII (2004): CBS
XXIX (2005): SBC

BONUS
Where's Tom Brady?

Tom is in the WLAF at the moment, competing with Spergeon Wynn and Kevin Daft for the starting job with the Amsterdam Admirals. Brady's draft stock tanked when he was accused of deflating balls during the Michigan Wolverines' 1999 confrontation with the Ohio State Buckeyes. The result of the 1999 UM/OSU game was initially a Wolverine win but was overturned by the Big Ten due to the accusations leveled against Brady.​

This Just In (March 2002)
This Just In...

In New York, a judge ruled in favor of NBC after Ray Spum sued the network for abruptly canceling The Ripping Friends. Spum accused NBC of censorship, but NBC claimed complaints from advertisers and parents' groups forced their hand. One episode featured Crag commanding Timmy the Geek to drink toilet water and eat feces as punishment for squirting mustard on Crag's tights. Another episode pitted the Ripping Friends against "The Redneck Heartthrob," a mean-spirited amalgam of 80's teen actor Greg Rhodes (native of Tampa, Florida) and 90's teen actor Gus St. Pierre (Born in Louisiana), playing on harmful stereotypes of the "typical dumb southerner." And a third episode saw the Ripping Friends dispense extremely violent "justice" against The Abuela, a racist caricature of a middle-aged Hispanic woman, who was shown earlier in the episode emotionally abusing her 35-year-old grandson.
- Reuters

Another Developing Story...

Proctor and Gamble files suit against Seth MacFarlane and Fuzzy Door Productions for infringing P&G's copyright of a "talking diaper" mascot used on advertisements for Luvs during the mid-1990's. MacFarlane claims the use of the "Little Luvs" mascot on several Family Guy episodes falls under fair use as a parody.
- Entertainment Tonight

Here's the mascot in question as was used by Proctor and Gamble IOTL.
dscn0864.jpg

@stratonapba Millionaire airs on ABC. Regis hosted the first year or two, but now he's contemplating retirement.

Last edited:
This Just In...

In New York, a judge ruled in favor of NBC after Ray Spum sued the network for abruptly canceling The Ripping Friends. Spum accused NBC of censorship, but NBC claimed complaints from advertisers and parents' groups forced their hand. One episode featured Crag commanding Timmy the Geek to drink toilet water and eat feces as punishment for squirting mustard on Crag's tights. Another episode pitted the Ripping Friends against "The Redneck Heartthrob," a mean-spirited amalgam of 80's teen actor Greg Rhodes (native of Tampa, Florida) and 90's teen actor Gus St. Pierre (Born in Louisiana), playing on harmful stereotypes of the "typical dumb southerner." And a third episode saw the Ripping Friends dispense extremely violent "justice" against The Abuela, a racist caricature of a middle-aged Hispanic woman, who was shown earlier in the episode emotionally abusing her 35-year-old grandson.
- Reuters

Another Developing Story...

Proctor and Gamble files suit against Seth MacFarlane and Fuzzy Door Productions for infringing P&G's copyright of a "talking diaper" mascot used on advertisements for Luvs during the mid-1990's. MacFarlane claims the use of the "Little Luvs" mascot on several Family Guy episodes falls under fair use as a parody.
- Entertainment Tonight

Here's the mascot in question as was used by Proctor and Gamble IOTL.
dscn0864.jpg

@stratonapba Millionaire airs on ABC. Regis hosted the first year or two, but now he's contemplating retirement.
1: Wow... Just f****** wow. I never liked the OTL show but this version is insane. The OTL series was a awful choice for the dying Fox Kids (stupid choice for Adult Swim but atleast it made some sense...) but this version is so messed up. Hope Ray Spum loses this case, no joke honestly.

2: Not really a lawyer so could be wrong, but I think Seth could get out of this one. Though it depends on how it goes during court. Again correct me if wrong since I'm no lawyer, just some guy typing this way after midnight and needs to get off YouTube... XD