As Dreamers Do Part Deux

We'll this is very nice @OldNavy1988, but how 9/11 is butterflying, hoping that Big Trouble would still be released on September 21, 2001 TTL, so Bad Company and View from the Top is sticking to the Christmas 2001 release dates TTL. But Jackie Chan's movie Nosebleed, and sequels to True Lies and Forrest Gump was in the works. But James Cameron is planning on to make Aquaman for Columbia Pictures by 2004. Marco Beltraimi (OTL John Williams is composing the film) is set to score Jonathan Mostow's (OTL Steven Spielberg is directing the film) Total Recall 2 (OTL title is Minority Report) for Carolco, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger (OTL Tom Cruise starred), which is set for release next year. But Miramax's Serendiptiy, Carolco's (OTL 20th Century-Fox made the film) Joy Ride and Touchstone Pictures' (OTL Disney made the film) Max Keeble's Big Movie is set for release on October 5, 2001.

Entertainment News for October 2001
Entertainment News for October 2001

ABC has fired Dennis Miller from Monday Night Football following the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Week 5 victory over the Green Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium. The network's decision comes amid backlash over Miller's observation of Warren Sapp sacking Brett Favre with the "Stone Cold Stunner":
Al Michaels: "Favre appears to be shaken up after yet another sack by Sapp. This time, Favre appeared to have landed face first on the grass. That'll bring up 4th and 35 for the Packers."
*Instant Replay*
Dennis Miller: "I tell you, Al, Warren Sapp's relentless pursuit of Favre all game reminds me of Alphy Hoffman's pursuit of Corey Feldman."
Al Michaels: "Yeah, but the worst thing Sapp could do is to be putting the WWA SmackDown on a quarterback."
*Cut to Ed Hochuli turning on his microphone*
Referee Ed Hochuli (On the field, over the stadium PA): "Personal foul. Unnecessary roughness. Number 99 on the defense. Fifteen yards. Automatic first down."
*Buccaneers fans boo the penalty*
Dan Fouts: "A dirty, vicious hit indeed. No need for that at all!!!"
Miller: "You think that was dirty? You should've seen the latest episode of The Ripping Friends."
Michaels: "And while the trainers tend to Favre, we'll return from Tampa after a word from our ABC stations."
- ABC News

Toys R' US, FuncoLand, GameStop and FYE each announce they will accept preorders for the upcoming Panasonic Rubicon, Atari Phantom and Sega Monolith.
- G4's Attack of the Show

Mark Calaway, better known as The Undertaker, is the latest to resign from the WWA. That leaves Perry Saturn, Mark "Sexual Chocolate" Henry and Road Dogg as the remaining big names on the WWA roster.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

You can add Dennis Miller as yet another reason for Joe Barbera and Jim Henson's campaign to oust Michael Eisner.
- Entertainment Tonight

Toy Headquarters (THQ) announces they will cut ties with the WWA due to the McMahon family's refusal to give healthcare to the company's performers.
- The New York Times

Well great. To @OldNavy1988, UPN's newest show 24 (a Universal production) is about to debut in October 30, 2001 and Survivor is sticking to the Jordan location in its fourth season due to the butterfly of 9/11 by President Weinstein. But new films like Turner's Bandits, Touchstone's Corky Romano, Universal's (OTL 20th Century-Fox made the film) From Hell, 20th Century-Fox's (OTL DreamWorks made the film) The Last Castle, TriStar Pictures' (OTL Columbia Pictures made the film) Riding in Cars with Boys, Hyperion Pictures' Walking Life, Dimension Films' (OTL Newmarket made the film) Donnie Darko, New Line Cinema's Bones, Columbia/Warner's Thirteen Ghosts and RKO Radio Pictures' (OTL Universal made the film) K-PAX will set to debut this month. A new Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film is on the way. We have set up a proposal to the FCC for a seventh TV network co-owned by Bally and AOL Time Warner. General Electric, co-owners of SBC will have its plans to buy Turner, owners of MGM and UA.

ABC has fired Dennis Miller from Monday Night Football following the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Week 5 victory over the Green Bay Packers at Raymond James Stadium. The network's decision comes amid backlash over Miller's observation of Warren Sapp sacking Brett Favre with the "Stone Cold Stunner":
- ABC News

Toys R' US, FuncoLand, GameStop and FYE each announce they will accept preorders for the upcoming Panasonic Rubicon, Atari Phantom and Sega Monolith.
- G4's Attack of the Show

Mark Calaway, better known as The Undertaker, is the latest to resign from the WWA. That leaves Perry Saturn, Mark "Sexual Chocolate" Henry and Road Dogg as the remaining big names on the WWA roster.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

You can add Dennis Miller as yet another reason for Joe Barbera and Jim Henson's campaign to oust Michael Eisner.
- Entertainment Tonight

Toy Headquarters (THQ) announces they will cut ties with the WWA due to the McMahon family's refusal to give healthcare to the company's performers.
- The New York Times
1: I would not be surprised if Michael Eisner gets ousted sooner than 2004, at this rate.
2: My bet's on the Atari Phantom being the crowd favorite. For one, it's a Disney console in a war without Nintendo's involvement. For two, it has Halo, Carmen Sandiego, and Mickey Mouse, which has the advantages of our timeline and this one as far as games go.
3: And neither of those three are names I've heard of, so the WWA is doomed.
4: I went out of this now knowing what "THQ" stood for, and I'm not shocked that it stood for Toy Headquarters.

Well great. To @OldNavy1988, UPN's newest show 24 (a Universal production) is about to debut in October 30, 2001 and Survivor is sticking to the Jordan location in its fourth season due to the butterfly of 9/11 by President Weinstein. But new films like Turner's Bandits, Touchstone's Corky Romano, Universal's (OTL 20th Century-Fox made the film) From Hell, 20th Century-Fox's (OTL DreamWorks made the film) The Last Castle, TriStar Pictures' (OTL Columbia Pictures made the film) Riding in Cars with Boys, Hyperion Pictures' Walking Life, Dimension Films' (OTL Newmarket made the film) Donnie Darko, New Line Cinema's Bones, Columbia/Warner's Thirteen Ghosts and RKO Radio Pictures' (OTL Universal made the film) K-PAX will set to debut this month. A new Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film is on the way. We have set up a proposal to the FCC for a seventh TV network co-owned by Bally and AOL Time Warner. General Electric, co-owners of SBC will have its plans to buy Turner, owners of MGM and UA.
Most of those titles are pretty much the same as OTL, except for the Tarantino Trek.

Entertainment News for Mid-October 2001
Entertainment News for Mid-October 2001

Bally and AOL TimeWarner acquire the DuMont intellectual property for a proposed seventh network. However, the question remains if the nation can support seven major networks.
- PBS NewsHour

Saban MetroMedia acquires General Electric's remaining 5% stake in SBC.
- Reuters

NBC/RKO planning a rebrand of TNN, the former Nashville Network, which they acquired roughly a year ago.
- The Tennessean

Universal releases Walter Lantz's 1946 feature The Tales of Brer Rabbit on VHS and DVD with a disclaimer narrated by Whoopi Goldberg.
- Billboard

Bally and AOL TimeWarner acquire the DuMont intellectual property for a proposed seventh network. However, the question remains if the nation can support seven major networks.
- PBS NewsHour

Saban MetroMedia acquires General Electric's remaining 5% stake in SBC.
- Reuters

NBC/RKO planning a rebrand of TNN, the former Nashville Network, which they acquired roughly a year ago.
- The Tennessean

Universal releases Walter Lantz's 1946 feature The Tales of Brer Rabbit on VHS and DVD with a disclaimer narrated by Whoopi Goldberg.
- Billboard
1: I can very much say that one or two of the major networks are going down by 2010, with DuMont getting another failure under its belt.
2: About time they did that!
3: Okay. What do you think they'd rebrand it to?
4: That's absolutely fantastic!

2: My bet's on the Atari Phantom being the crowd favorite. For one, it's a Disney console in a war without Nintendo's involvement. For two, it has Halo, Carmen Sandiego, and Mickey Mouse, which has the advantages of our timeline and this one as far as games go.
Well they have a year to not publicly worry about Nintendo's next home console.

Snow White Platinum Edition (2001 DVD Release)
OIP.9CVatChMq-98tfpK0wgiEQHaKY

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Platinum Edition)
Released on VHS and DVD by Walt Disney Home Entertainment on October 9, 2001

DISC ONE
Feature Film

Guided Tours
"Still The Fairest of Them All": The Making of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs
Audio Commentary (Jerry Beck, Walt Disney, Jr., Roy E. Disney and Daniel Abbott with archival audio of Walt Disney, Sr.)
"Goddess Of Spring" Animated Short
"Heigh-Ho" Sing-Along Song
"Dopey's Wild Mine Ride" Game
"Some Day My Prince Will Come" Performed by Barbra Streisand
DVD-ROM Features
Sneak Peeks
ET: The 20th Anniversary (Theatrical Preview)
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (Theatrical Preview)
Lilo and Stitch (Theatrical Preview)
Scamp and the Angel (Theatrical Preview)
Musicana (Theatrical Preview)
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Theatrical Preview)
Ice Age (Theatrical Preview)
Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest (VHS/DVD Preview)
The Secret of NIMH (VHS/DVD Preview)
102 Dalmatians (VHS/DVD Preview)

DISC TWO
Art Design
Visual Development
Virtual Galleries
Layouts and Backgrounds
Camera and Tests
Animation
History
Storyboard To Film Comparisons
Abandoned Concepts
The Restoration
Deleted Scenes
The Premiere
Trailers
Publicity
Vintage Audio
Backstage Disney
- Original 1937 United Artists title cards.
- 1937, 1944, 1952, 1958, 1967, 1975, 1983, 1987 Theatrical Trailers
- 1988, 1994, 2001 Home Video Release Trailers
Disney Through the Decades
- 1920's narrated by DB Sweeney
- 1930's narrated by Roy E. Disney
- 1940's narrated by Angela Lansbury
- 1950's narrated by Fess Parker
- 1960's narrated by Robby Benson
- 1970's narrated by Mark Hamill
- 1980's narrated by Drew Barrymore
- 1990's narrated by Ming-Na Wen
- New Millennium Hosted by Gus St. Pierre​

Sneak Peeks
ET: The 20th Anniversary (Theatrical Preview)
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (Theatrical Preview)
Lilo and Stitch (Theatrical Preview)
Scamp and the Angel (Theatrical Preview)
Musicana (Theatrical Preview)
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Theatrical Preview)
Ice Age (Theatrical Preview)
Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest (VHS/DVD Preview)
The Secret of NIMH (VHS/DVD Preview)
102 Dalmatians (VHS/DVD Preview)​
1: So, Lady and the Tramp 2 is even less connected to its original film than in our timeline? I'm asking because of the title of Scamp and the Angel.
2: I'm really intrigued by how close in production Musicana is.
3: Since Stitch is, by all proxy, an obnoxious alien, does this mean we can get a TTL-exclusive L&S trailer where he interrupts the Urusei Yatsura opening?
4: Because Ice Age and FernGully are both Disney movies in this timeline in their initial releases, what would happen to Epic?
Disney Through the Decades
- 1920's narrated by DB Sweeney
- 1930's narrated by Roy E. Disney
- 1940's narrated by Angela Lansbury
- 1950's narrated by Fess Parker
- 1960's narrated by Robby Benson
- 1970's narrated by Mark Hamill
- 1980's narrated by Drew Barrymore
- 1990's narrated by Ming-Na Wen
- New Millennium Hosted by Gus St. Pierre​
We simply need to have some sort of anime mentioning for the 70s and beyond. Once per decade would suffice.

1: So, Lady and the Tramp 2 is even less connected to its original film than in our timeline? I'm asking because of the title of Scamp and the Angel.
2: I'm really intrigued by how close in production Musicana is.
3: Since Stitch is, by all proxy, an obnoxious alien, does this mean we can get a TTL-exclusive L&S trailer where he interrupts the Urusei Yatsura opening?
4: Because Ice Age and FernGully are both Disney movies in this timeline in their initial releases, what would happen to Epic?

We simply need to have some sort of anime mentioning for the 70s and beyond. Once per decade would suffice.
1) It's actually Lady and Tramp 2 getting the silver screen treatment, just with a different title since it's really Scamp's story. IOTL, that was actually one of the few straight to video flicks I honestly liked.

2) I felt like I needed something for Disney to compete with Monsters, Inc for the Holidays.

3) We do, but we also get Stitch interrupting other classic Disney moments.

4) Not sure about Epic just yet.

In the meantime, starting November 6, the Walt Disney Home Video "Sorcerer Mickey" logo, introduced a year earlier than IOTL, gets a slight upgrade as the name is changed to Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

It starts the same with Mickey under the spotlight.
hqdefault.jpg

Before
hqdefault.jpg

After
GsmFfYb.png

1) It's actually Lady and Tramp 2 getting the silver screen treatment, just with a different title since it's really Scamp's story. IOTL, that was actually one of the few straight to video flicks I honestly liked.​
I knew it was Lady and the Tramp 2 getting a theatrical release, but I just wanted to ask.
But those in the know on Disney would understand why that name would be like that, and if you really want to know, I like the new title.
2) I felt like I needed something for Disney to compete with Monsters, Inc for the Holidays.​
You're right about that, since the obligatory sequel spot is already taken by this point.
3) We do, but we also get Stitch interrupting other classic Disney moments.​
First off, thank you for saying yes to that new trailer.
Second, since four trailers are too few for the idea of Stitch being inserted into classic Disney movies, given The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King, how about three other trailers to double the creativity with Huck's Landing, All Dogs Go to Heaven, and Snow White? I could come up with more, but that would be considered overpromotion on the movie.
4) Not sure about Epic just yet.​
Just asking, since we could replace it with basically anything else. Blue Sky Studios is still in its sunrise phase, anyway.
In the meantime, starting November 6, the Walt Disney Home Video "Sorcerer Mickey" logo, introduced a year earlier than IOTL, gets a slight upgrade as the name is changed to Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

It starts the same with Mickey under the spotlight.
hqdefault.jpg

Before
hqdefault.jpg

After
GsmFfYb.png

This actually looks very good. In the meantime, could we see the OTL WDHE logo appear on the new DVD releases? If the iconic Green Warning is exclusive to TMNT releases, we can turn the iconic blue-and-yellow logo into a DVD phenomenon.

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Logo - YouTube

Here's something I've neglected to show in this thread and in the original As Dreamers Do thread.

The logo of SBC is based on the OTL SportsChannel logo.
Here are 2 basic variations, one with the initials sandwiched in:
y6B27ji.png

And one with the initials to the side of the "Speedy S"
hzSdxJl.png

Edit: The variation above has been added to the post that talks about SBC's 1974 Launch.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ican-magic-redux.490374/page-54#post-20936827

Last edited:
Network O&O's as of 2001
Network O&O's as of 2001

ABC (The Jim Henson Company)

WABC New York
KABC Los Angeles
WLS Chicago
WXYZ Detroit
WSB Atlanta
KGO San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
KGTV San Diego
WPVI Philadelphia

CBS (CBS, Inc.)
WCBS New York
KCBS Los Angeles
WBBM Chicago
KPIX San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
WCAU Philadelphia

NBC (The Coca-Cola Company under its NBC/RKO subsidiary)
WNBC New York
KNBC Los Angeles
WMAQ Chicago
WRC Washington, DC
KNSD San Diego
KYW Philadelphia

SBC (Saban MetroMedia)
WNYW New York
KTTV Los Angeles
WFLD Chicago
KRIV Houston
WTTG Washington, DC
WTAF Philadelphia

Fox (Disney Enterprises, Inc. under its subsidiary Fox Television Stations)
WPIX New York
KCOP Los Angeles
WSNS Chicago
WDCA Washington, DC
KPLR St. Louis
WPHL Philadelphia
KBHK San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
KRLD Dallas
KHTV Houston
KSPO Spokane
KTTY San Diego

UPN (Shared by Comcast and Microsoft)
WOR New York
KTLA Los Angeles
WPWR Chicago
WGBS Philadelphia
WUPL New Orleans
WUPA Atlanta, GA
KUSI San Diego

DuMont (Proposed by AOL TimeWarner and Bally's Inc.)
TBD

They are beginning to remaster Danger Mouse for DVD release.
And also for a new cable channel launching by Henson in 2002 called either the Animation Network or Nicktoons Network. Henson will also formed a another cable in 2002, using assets from the Pearson Television purchase, which basically is a mixture of IOTL Buzzr and Nick GAS channels using the Buzzr name, I.e. a game show channel using all of Pearson game show IPs (Price is Right, Family Feud, Let’s Make a Deal, Match Game, Sale of the Century and a bunch of other game shows) and Nickelodeon ‘s lineup of game shows including Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure it Out and a bunch of game shows.

Network O&O's as of 2001

ABC (The Jim Henson Company)

WABC New York
KABC Los Angeles
WLS Chicago
WXYZ Detroit
WSB Atlanta
KGO San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
KGTV San Diego
WPVI Philadelphia

CBS (CBS, Inc.)
WCBS New York
KCBS Los Angeles
WBBM Chicago
KPIX San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
WCAU Philadelphia

NBC (The Coca-Cola Company under its NBC/RKO subsidiary)
WNBC New York
KNBC Los Angeles
WMAQ Chicago
WRC Washington, DC
KNSD San Diego
KYW Philadelphia

SBC (Saban MetroMedia)
WNYW New York
KTTV Los Angeles
WFLD Chicago
KRIV Houston
WTTG Washington, DC
WTAF Philadelphia

Fox (Disney Enterprises, Inc. under its subsidiary Fox Television Stations)
WPIX New York
KCOP Los Angeles
WSNS Chicago
WDCA Washington, DC
KPLR St. Louis
WPHL Philadelphia
KBHK San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
KRLD Dallas
KHTV Houston
KSPO Spokane
KTTY San Diego

UPN (Shared by Comcast and Microsoft)
WOR New York
KTLA Los Angeles
WPWR Chicago
WGBS Philadelphia
WUPL New Orleans
WUPA Atlanta, GA
KUSI San Diego

DuMont (Proposed by AOL TimeWarner and Bally's Inc.)
TBD
I would use another name the for the network owned by AOL Time Warner and Bally because the DuMont name is long forgotten. Name is suggest are 1 Zentith Broadcasting Network, 2 Quality Broadcasting System 3 Hollywood Broadcasting Company 4 Consolidated TV Network 5 Ace Broadcasting Network 6 All Star TV Network, 7 Pinnacle Television,8 General Broadcasing Network, 9 A Plus Television 10 Progressive Television. 11 Federal Broadcasting System 12 Amalgamated broadcasting 13 Apex Broadcasting Sysmte and 14 Ultra Broadcasting Company 15 Republic Broadcasting Network