As Dreamers Do Part Deux

R.a3d0fe2c743e1d800e0680db9d96f125

Robert Patrick
(Interviewed after the release of the first teaser for Terminator 4)

"I was in the conference room at the New Orleans Holiday Inn when we attempted the table read with Gus St. Pierre for Judgment Day in June of 1990. He was I think 12 at the time. As we sat down, Gale Anne Hurd noticed Gus's body language, the way he looked over his shoulder as that Jabba the Hutt looking mom of his stood over him while she took drag after drag of her cigarette. Gale whispered to Jim that she didn't think Gus had the life expeirence required to play the John Connor character. Of course, Jim ignored her. And his marrage to Gale by that point was falling apart anyways."

"Of course, after that table read ended in disaster, we were secretly fortunate that Gus was able to build a fanbase with the family friendly projects he's made since. Now, we're very lucky to actually have him on board for the Terminator franchise eighteen years later."​

November 2008 Movies
November 2008 Movies

640427.jpg

Quantum of Solace

Released by Paramount Pictures in association with The Danjaq Group (a consolidation of Danjaq, LLC and EON Productions).
This is the first Bond film to open with the Majestic Mountain logo after the TBS+Paramount merger.

89b08e.jpg

Rock N Rolla
Released by Golden Harvest and New Line Cinema.

MV5BMTgxMjg2NTY1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk4NjAxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Transporter 3
Released by 20th Century-Fox in association with Dark Castle Entertainment (part of Legendary Multimedia ITTL).

image.jpg

Australia
Released by RKO Radio Pictures through Peacock Releasing

R.4d8c8f4900c437f53f3e468a20b9c54a

High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Released by Touchstone Pictures and produced by Nickelodeon Movies.
At the Los Angeles premiere of this film, Ashley Tisdale confirmed that she was offerred the Gidget revival proposed by Columbia-Tristar.

R.046774d5e8d9697d665abe7d457b87d1

Twilight
Released by Lionsgate

soul_men02.jpg

Soul Men
Released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer through Paramount Pictures.

R.eb6307e8bc3f8873081eedcc51818ef0

Slumdog Millionaire
Released by Gramercy Pictures through Peacock Releasing.​

@OldNavy1988 if the Disney Channel sitcoms air on Nickelodeon, what does TTL’s Disney Channel look like? Did it never leave premium cable? Does it mainly air Disney movies and cartoons?

ITTL, the Disney Channel has had a mix of the following:
- Movies from the Disney and Fox libraries.
- Movie Surfers, the series that goes behind the scenes of upcoming films. Also, Movie Surfers has a live broadcast from the annual San Diego Comic Con.
- Reruns of old SatAm series.
- Imports from Canada (Under the Umbrella Tree, Flash Forward, Ready or Not)
- English anime dubs (Astro Boy, Kimba, Akko-Chan, Candy Candy, Naruto, etc.)
- Non-Disney programming licensed from other entities.
- Old anthology series episodes.

ITTL, the Disney Channel has had a mix of the following:
- Movies from the Disney and Fox libraries.
- Movie Surfers, the series that goes behind the scenes of upcoming films. Also, Movie Surfers has a live broadcast from the annual San Diego Comic Con.
- Reruns of old SatAm series.
- Imports from Canada (Under the Umbrella Tree, Flash Forward, Ready or Not)
- English anime dubs (Astro Boy, Kimba, Akko-Chan, Candy Candy, Naruto, etc.)
- Non-Disney programming licensed from other entities.
- Old anthology series episodes.
What non-Disney programming do they have? I know that IOTL, Disney Channel before the basic cable switch had quite a lot of non-Disney programming such as various DiC and Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

What non-Disney programming do they have? I know that IOTL, Disney Channel before the basic cable switch had quite a lot of non-Disney programming such as various DiC and Hanna-Barbera cartoons.
Yes lots of DiC and HB stuff.

Also a lot of Rankin-Bass and pre-1990 Famous Studios content.

There was also the 1983 Richie Rich series made ITTL by Grantray-Lawrence.

Tons of Jim Henson Muppet content too.

Entertainment News for Early December 2008
Entertainment News for Early December 2008

Breaking News
Thanks to his indictment, former President Harvey Weinstein becomes the first since Ted Bundy to be charged with high crimes alleged to have been committed while still in the White House.
- The Washington Post

"Silent X won't stay silent!"
Blanche Boudreaux files a grievance against Columbia-Tristar for supposedly having kneecapped Silent X's marketing efforts without her knowledge.
- Inside Edition

Battle Dome Wrestling suspends operations and lays off 95% of its workforce due to multiple major cities imposing strict bans on non union wrestling.
- ESPN

Phil Anschutz showed no remorse as he was convicted by a Denver jury on all counts for his role in the ankle bracelet scandal that surfaced a year ago.
- The Denver Post

The Sports Page
Ageless wonder Bartolo Colon signs a blockbuster deal with the Diamondbacks.
- The Arizona Republic

"Baseball slipping behind hockey, basketball, football and even Arenaball on the American sports totem pole is untenable."
- MLB Commissioner Larry Lucchino during the owners' meetings in Phoenix

The World Series champion Tampa Bay Devil Rays hold a groundbreaking ceremony for a new ballpark that will be built next door to Raymond James Stadium.
- The Tampa Tribune

Breaking News
Thanks to his indictment, former President Harvey Weinstein becomes the first since Ted Bundy to be charged with high crimes alleged to have been committed while still in the White House.
- The Washington Post
I already know what this is based on.
"Silent X won't stay silent!"
Blanche Boudreaux files a grievance against Columbia-Tristar for supposedly having kneecapped Silent X's marketing efforts without her knowledge.
- Inside Edition
Oh wow.........

They really messed up.

Why did they kneecap the marketing?

Current NHL Logos as of 2008 (Western Conference)
Current NHL Logos as of 2008 (Western Conference)
Pacific Division​
sword-star.jpg
97f325bd0fffdc1ff30ad2971570b3d0.jpg
Ducks1-532x480.gif
1200px-SanJoseSharksLogo.svg.png
Las Vegas Silver Knights​
Los Angeles Kings​
Mighty Ducks of San Diego​
San Jose Sharks​

Northwest Division​
outlaws.jpg
scxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.png
6a6822563c2bfc204b23c6c76544b673.jpg
vancouver_canucks_logo_primary_19982644.png
Calgary Bandits​
Edmonton Oilers​
Seattle Thunderbirds​
Vancouver Canucks​

Midwest Division​
Chicago-Blackhawks-logo.png
943983.jpg
z3ul1trj5c68gxjnf2vpzdnsd.gif
1200px-Winnipeg_Jets_Logo_2011.svg.png
Chicago Blackhawks​
Milwaukee Admirals​
Minnesota North Stars​
Winnipeg Jets​

Frontier Division​
colorado_avalanche_2016-pres_a.png
ca852d1d-2cb9-4b85-9206-5cbb48dd4ddb_rwc_128x45x1662x1300x1662.png
1b7d9hxcsd1ufqge6xjrclt73.png
306-3061428_st-louis-blues-logo-png-transparent-st-louis.png
Colorado Rockies​
Houston Aeros​
Oklahoma Twisters​
St. Louis Blues​

Current NHL Logos as of 2008 (Eastern Conference)
Current NHL Logos as of 2008 (Eastern Conference)
Atlantic Division​
Islanders-Logo.png
145.gif
philadelphia_flyers_2000-pres.png
1200px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo_%282016%29.svg.png
New York Islanders​
New York Rangers​
Philadelphia Flyers​
Pittsburgh Penguins​

Northeast Division​
640px-Boston_Bruins.svg.png
1200px-Montreal_Canadiens.svg.png
x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png
is-the-hockey-news-biased-toward-the-toronto-maple-leafs.jpg
Boston Bruins​
Montreal Canadiens​
Ottawa Senators​
Toronto Maple Leafs​

Central Division​
qm7tnh0kevz81.png
1203_phoenix_coyotes-alternate-1997.png
1200px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png
b9hvwjslf7jzh18ej6y4.png
Buffalo Sabres​
Cleveland Moondogs​
Detroit Red Wings​
Washington Capitals​

Southeast Division​
60-607043_adirondack-flames-calgary-flames-a-logo-hd-png.png
Charlotte-Checkers-Logo-1993.png
20b4952eac05aa4c398dd66bd3a4220a--nhl-logos-sports-logos.jpg
169-1697391_tennessee-titans-png-transparent-image-tennessee-titans-logo.png
Atlanta Flames​
Charlotte Checkers​
Tampa Bay Lightning​
Tennessee Titans​

They really messed up.

Why did they kneecap the marketing?

Since Blanche created Silent X for a mature audience, the higher-ups at CT were reluctant to market it because of her name also being attached to MLP.

Also, Blanche based the main villain on her notorious stepfather John Kricfalusi. Because of that, there were fears that people who already knew about what Blanche went through at age 13 and 14 would get the impression that she was using the series to rehash her adolescent trauma.

Blanche Boudreaux: "We didn't have cell phones in '93 and '94. My only way of keeping in touch with Gus was through the landline we had at John K's house. I would try to talk to Gus and Colette in French thinking he wouldn't understand me. But one time John snatched the phone off of my ear and told me 'I'm Canadian, you disrepectful bitch. I know what you're saying.' Del was already overweight when Bridgette moved us in with John K in '93. Each of us girls had a day of the week where we was forced to sit on his lap for dinner because there wasn't enough chairs for all of us."

2877351-bruce_timm.jpg

Bruce Timm
(President and CEO; Columbia-Tristar Animation)

"Silent X is, in a nutshell, an avenue for Blanche to vent through animation about her life experiences. Most, if not all, the characters on the show are based on herself, her siblings, her mother, stepfather and everyone else she's known through the years. Many people, not just in the Cajun community, but in most of the French diaspora have silent X's in their surnames, hence the title. Silent X is also about a power fantasy, about how Blanche wished she had the power to defend herself and her siblings from John Kricfalusi back in the 90's. Bridgette's rampage which forced Gus to drop out of Terminator 2 was well known across Hollywood long before Blanche used that as the basis for the pilot episode. Another episode contains many parallels to the struggles Del had with her weight until recently. An episode that will air on XYZ in February or March contains many parallels to Blanche's anger towards then-President Weinstein's mishandling of Hurricane Katrina."​

WLAF Logos as of 2008 (European Conference)
World League of American Football Logos as of 2008

European Conference
Metropolitan Division​
ce085bd5ec05d9234089ae1bbdcc7b3b--sports-team-logos-amsterdam.jpg
green-orc-esport-logo-gaming-mascot-design-vector.jpg
R.ea48d591a312f7ca4c5d7cdc29c2ff99
R.7488b8c2f0a89d3ed95b00fec3a056b9
Seattle_Kraken_official_logo.svg-6fa2464ae2.png
Amsterdam Admirals​
Berlin Ogres​
Frankfurt Galaxy​
Rhein Fire​
Stockholm Kraken​

Capitol Division​
R.93f7c0c6d2fd73dfaf7c58f24878a6d6
R.42797eadc038f36b9b84e62803f1c23c
z8EdNzw.png
maxresdefault.jpg
5623.png
Barcelona Dragons​
London Monarchs​
Paris Phantoms​
Rome Centurions​
Scottish Claymores​

Since Blanche created Silent X for a mature audience, the higher-ups at CT were reluctant to market it because of her name also being attached to MLP.
That's a dumb reason.
Also, Blanche based the main villain on her notorious stepfather John Kricfalusi. Because of that, there were fears that people who already knew about what Blanche went through at age 13 and 14 would get the impression that she was using the series to rehash her adolescent trauma.

Blanche Boudreaux: "We didn't have cell phones in '93 and '94. My only way of keeping in touch with Gus was through the landline we had at John K's house. I would try to talk to Gus and Colette in French thinking he wouldn't understand me. But one time John snatched the phone off of my ear and told me 'I'm Canadian, you disrepectful bitch. I know what you're saying.' Del was already overweight when Bridgette moved us in with John K in '93. Each of us girls had a day of the week where we was forced to sit on his lap for dinner because there wasn't enough chairs for all of us."
2877351-bruce_timm.jpg

Bruce Timm
(President and CEO; Columbia-Tristar Animation)

"Silent X is, in a nutshell, an avenue for Blanche to vent through animation about her life experiences. Most, if not all, the characters on the show are based on herself, her siblings, her mother, stepfather and everyone else she's known through the years. Many people, not just in the Cajun community, but in most of the French diaspora have silent X's in their surnames, hence the title. Silent X is also about a power fantasy, about how Blanche wished she had the power to defend herself and her siblings from John Kricfalusi back in the 90's. Bridgette's rampage which forced Gus to drop out of Terminator 2 was well known across Hollywood long before Blanche used that as the basis for the pilot episode. Another episode contains many parallels to the struggles Del had with her weight until recently. An episode that will air on XYZ in February or March contains many parallels to Blanche's anger towards then-President Weinstein's mishandling of Hurricane Katrina."​
That's crazy.

WLAF Logos as of 2008 (Atlantic Conference)
WLAF Logos as of 2008
Atlantic Conference

Seaboard Division​
ac05a5dd90298eb392d778a5474309a3.jpg
xdmgeogmf5xdukh6epwt9z4el.gif
Y45x8ob.png
R.4a06708291bcc79e7dfc744cda625016
Stars-mark.png
Baltimore Ravens​
Hartford Knights​
Jacksonville Tomcats​
Orlando Thunder​