As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Who was the host of the 1996 version, where did it air, does the 2010 version have a network yet, and who will be the host?

The '96 version aired in primetime on CBS and was hosted by Tony Todd.

CBS is bringing TZ back in 2010. The likely hosts include Laurence Fishburne, Robert Englund, Mark Strong, Anthony Hopkins, Willem Dafoe, Keith David and Tobin Bell.

Top Ten Franchises from each Studio or Conglomerate as of 2008 (In no particular order)
I should have seen this coming, but I'm glad to see it anyway.
Bally
  • Garfield
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle
  • Gumby
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Pac-Man
  • George of the Jungle
  • Shezow
  • The Sopranos
  • Sex and the City
  • Spy Hunter
Of these, I can see Garfield, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Mortal Kombat, Pac-Man, Shezow, and The Sopranos having the most longevity. The other four may be replaced in the future.
CBS Discovery
  • DC Superheroes
  • Nintendo (Movie and TV rights only)
  • Hasbro (Movie and TV rights only)
  • The Twilight Zone
  • Strange Magic
  • Mister Magoo
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • CSI
  • NCIS
  • Jumanji
Honestly, the DC Universe can be its own separate list. Outside of those heroes, I think losing Nintendo and/or Hasbro would be a detriment to CBS Discovery.

Still, at least The Twilight Zone, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and NCIS help on the smaller scale.
Disney
  • Fab Five
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • TMNT
  • Star Wars
  • Marvel
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • Urusei Yatsura
  • National Treasure
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Roger Rabbit/Bonkers
Seeing Winnie the Pooh on the same level as TMNT, Star Wars, Marvel, and Urusei Yatsura simply makes me smile, even if I think his time may run out sooner or later.
Henson
  • Muppets
  • Scooby Doo
  • Toy Story
  • Incredibles
  • Smurfs
  • Flintstones
  • Rugrats
  • Total Drama
  • Spy Kids
  • Fraggle Rock
Could Fresh TV be bought by Henson in this timeline? Because if it's already this high up on the list, we should find a way to make its status permanent.

On the brighter side, we have the usual suspects here. Muppets, Scooby, Woody and Buzz, Flintstones, Smurfs, Rugrats, Fraggle Rock. They all represent the finest of this timeline's Henson Company.
Lionsgate
  • The Twilight Saga
  • Saw
  • Voltron
  • One Piece
  • Denver the Last Dinosaur
  • Madea
  • Lupin III
  • Medabots
  • Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
  • Shaman King
I never thought I'd say this, but Lionsgate needs more live action properties. Sure, Twilight, Saw, and Madea are big names, and Voltron, One Piece, and Lupin have propelled them to the top of the anime heap in recent years, but perhaps one or two more non-animated properties are in order.
Peacock
  • Law and Order
  • Star Trek
  • Universal Monsters
  • Mission: Impossible
  • Woody Woodpecker
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Big Nate
  • King Kong
  • Godzilla (North American rights only)
  • Archie/Gemini superheroes
I'm just glad that Woody Woodpecker is still a relatively big name in the Peacock echelon. Besides him, I'd also want to keep Star Trek, Crash Bandicoot, and the Archie Comics on this list as long as possible.
Saban Metromedia
  • Power Rangers
  • Sailor Moon
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • Pandora (Coming in 2009)
  • Terminator
  • RoboCop
  • Bill and Ted
  • The Matrix
  • Andy Larkin
Ah, so Avatar is a New Line movie ITTL, under a non-compromising name this time. I love that.

In fact, I can see an animated series based on Pandora as early as 2011.

Besides that sneak preview, all the usual suspects are here: Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, Nightmare on Elm Street, LOTR, Terminator, all good franchises.

But could we at least see more DiC Entertainment-based properties in the future? At least give us more Inspector Gadget and Madeline stuff.
TBS-Paramount
  • James Bond
  • Pink Panther
  • Doctor Who
  • Top Gun
  • Wallace and Gromit
  • Legally Blonde
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Spongebob
  • Beavis and Butt-Head
  • Sonic
This is one of the bigger Top 10s in this chapter. James Bond, Pink Panther, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Tom and Jerry, Spongebob, Sonic. Those are my favorites out of this crop.

I'd hopefully consider Arthur to be the #11 biggest IP, but I'm just clouding my judgement.
TimeWarner
  • Looney Tunes
  • Dragon Ball
  • Speed Racer
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Gremlins
  • Xenomorphs
  • Predators
  • Heathers
  • Rambo
  • Rainbow Brite
Of these, I can see Looney Tunes, Dragon Ball, Berenstain Bears, Gremlins, Xenomorphs, Rambo, and Rainbow Brite being the biggest hits. Especially the first three that I mentioned.

The '96 version aired in primetime on CBS and was hosted by Tony Todd.

CBS is bringing TZ back in 2010. The likely hosts include Laurence Fishburne, Robert Englund, Mark Strong, Anthony Hopkins, Willem Dafoe, Keith David and Tobin Bell.
Strong list of hosts. Still, I'd eliminate Mark Strong, Tobin Bell, and maybe Laurence Fishburne, and choose either Robert Englund or Keith David.

Entertainment News for Early June 2008

Ivy Boudreaux; the 57 year old aunt of actor Gus St. Pierre (31 in November), animator Blanche Boudreaux (28) and singer Del St. Pierre (30 in September); is now undergoing breast cancer treatment at a clinic in Irvine, California.
- The Orange County Register

The rumors that Del St. Pierre, at 315 lbs., has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, were confirmed by our Los Angeles affiliate.
- CNN on UPN

TBS-Paramount finds a buyer for Geauga Lake theme park in Aurora. Peacock has agreed to acquire the park with the intent of retooling it as Universal Studios Ohio.
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer

Great America theme park to be sold to Palace Entertainment.
- The San Jose Mercury-News

Theme Park, LLC to acquire Agawam from TBS-Paramount.
- The Boston Globe

One fine night at the Igloo...
Mellon Arena; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. June 3, 2008.

An hour and a half before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals takes place at the Igloo. Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung sit behind the glass behind the San Diego bench. Joining them is their 2 year old adopted son Alexis. A Penguins fan attending the game with his ten year old recognizes Tiffany immediately.

Fan: Excuse me. Are you Tiffany Disney?

Tiff: Yes. That's me!

Fan: Hi. My son has autism and he did a project about you for his last day of fourth grade. May we please have your autograph?

Tiff: Gladly!

Kid: Thank you!

Kick

Ivy Boudreaux; the 57 year old aunt of actor Gus St. Pierre (31 in November), animator Blanche Boudreaux (28) and singer Del St. Pierre (30 in September); is now undergoing breast cancer treatment at a clinic in Irvine, California.

The rumors that Del St. Pierre, at 315 lbs., has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, were confirmed by our Los Angeles affiliate.
- CNN on UPN

TBS-Paramount finds a buyer for Geauga Lake theme park in Aurora. Peacock has agreed to acquire the park with the intent of retooling it as Universal Studios Ohio.

- The Boston Globe

An hour and a half before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals takes place at the Igloo. Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung sit behind the glass behind the San Diego bench. Joining them is their 2 year old adopted son Alexis. A Penguins fan attending the game with his ten year old recognizes Tiffany immediately.

Fan: Hi. My son has autism and he did a project about you for his last day of fourth grade. May we please have your autograph?

Great work! But excited for the new Universal park. But Disney would purchase the MGM Grand Adventure from TBS-Paramount. I wish Lionsgate would buy IDW Publishing, and Saban Metromedia, who already owned Eclipse, would buy Devil's Due Publishing and AC Comics. In the meantime, wait for DuckTales and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the biggest animated film of summer 2008.

Top Ten Franchises from each Studio or Conglomerate as of 2008 (In no particular order)

Bally

• Garfield
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle
  • Gumby
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Pac-Man
  • George of the Jungle
  • Shezow
  • The Sopranos
  • Sex and the City
  • Spy Hunter
CBS Discovery
  • DC Superheroes
  • Nintendo (Movie and TV rights only)
  • Hasbro (Movie and TV rights only)
  • The Twilight Zone
  • Strange Magic
  • Mister Magoo
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • CSI
  • NCIS
  • Jumanji
Disney
  • Fab Five
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • TMNT
  • Star Wars
  • Marvel
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • Urusei Yatsura
  • National Treasure
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Roger Rabbit/Bonkers
Henson
  • Muppets
  • Scooby Doo
  • Toy Story
  • Incredibles
  • Smurfs
  • Flintstones
  • Rugrats
  • Total Drama
  • Spy Kids
  • Fraggle Rock
Lionsgate
  • The Twilight Saga
  • Saw
  • Voltron
  • One Piece
  • Denver the Last Dinosaur
  • Madea
  • Lupin III
  • Medabots
  • Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
  • Shaman King
Peacock
  • Law and Order
  • Star Trek
  • Universal Monsters
  • Mission: Impossible
  • Woody Woodpecker
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Big Nate
  • King Kong
  • Godzilla (North American rights only)
  • Archie/Gemini superheroes
Saban Metromedia
  • Power Rangers
  • Sailor Moon
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • Pandora (Coming in 2009)
  • Terminator
  • RoboCop
  • Bill and Ted
  • The Matrix
  • Andy Larkin
TBS-Paramount
  • James Bond
  • Pink Panther
  • Doctor Who
  • Top Gun
  • Wallace and Gromit
  • Legally Blonde
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Spongebob
  • Beavis and Butt-Head
  • Sonic
TimeWarner
  • Looney Tunes
  • Dragon Ball
  • Speed Racer
  • The Berenstain Bears
  • Gremlins
  • Xenomorphs
  • Predators
  • Heathers
  • Rambo
  • Rainbow Brite
AWESOME!

Great work! But excited for the new Universal park. But Disney would purchase the MGM Grand Adventure from TBS-Paramount. I wish Lionsgate would buy IDW Publishing, and Saban Metromedia, who already owned Eclipse, would buy Devil's Due Publishing and AC Comics. In the meantime, wait for DuckTales and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the biggest animated film of summer 2008.
Make your own timeline

- CNN on UPN

- The Boston Globe

1: Oh boy. I can see Gus mourning both of them in his near future.
2: Universal Studios Ohio has a nice ring to it.
3: So wholesome.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
As you wish.

STOP trying to derail other peoples threads with your BS.

You are at the end of your pier.

Kicked for a week.

- CNN on UPN

- The Boston Globe

I think you may want to change the part about Themepark LLC buying Agwam into them buyingout Riverside Park

Also with Geauga Lake being bought out by universal do you have any other plans for how the onwers of holiyday world the knoch familly can expand. I feel they would be intersted in expanding. They bought out Alabama adventure in 2014 otl. Also they anooced a failed planed to buy out kentucky kingdom and redevope it as blue grass boardwalk in 2012.

I think you may want to change the part about Themepark LLC buying Agwam into them buyingout Riverside Park

Also with Geauga Lake being bought out by universal do you have any other plans for how the onwers of holiyday world the knoch familly can expand. I feel they would be intersted in expanding. They bought out Alabama adventure in 2014 otl. Also they anooced a failed planed to buy out kentucky kingdom and redevope it as blue grass boardwalk in 2012.
How far is Alabama Adventure park from Birmingham?

How far is Alabama Adventure park from Birmingham?
About 15 miles. I would pefer it the knoch family expalison plans were different form OTL. Perhaps they buyout Dutch Wonderland or Hard Rock Park

PS does Robert Kraft craft still own Lake compunce. If so do you think it woud be more plausel for him to have bought williams groves park then palace entertiment

Last edited:

- CNN on UPN
Man, that family just can't catch a break...
If not for bad luck they'd have no luck at all.

Man, that family just can't catch a break...
If not for bad luck they'd have no luck at all.
Del’s diabetes won’t be fatal provided she start a diet right away.

Since Del’s teenage years, eating had been a coping mechanism due to the trauma she and the other St Pierre girls suffered at the hands of John Kricfalusi.

Oldnavy wil you consider anconicng in the next enterment news where in japan Bally will open worlds of wonder japan. I wouldn't build on Honshu island because it has to many major parks. I feel that Hokdio, Shikoku or Kyushu islands would be better options. Hokkaido is have a reputation for being rural but it has population of million people and an are of 32,0000 sq miles which is about the population and size of south carolila so there is plenty of land to build . Sapporo is hokido largest metropolitan area and it already has two largest old fashion amusements parks. Thus I feel that Bally maybe be off building in Kushiro. Kuishio is largest city in the sparly populated east half of hodakio. Kuishiois a minor tout ist destination. IT main attractions. are lake akan (know if population of rare red cranes) some hot spring resorts and japan second largest zoo. other locations to build on on hokodaio include Asahikawa -(hokadios seconed largest city poulatons over 300,000) Hakodate (hokadios 3rd largest city and the former captial of the short lived republic of ezo) and the small north east town of abashiri (population over 30,000) abshir has a few tourist arractions in the form of japan first western style maxiuim security which was turned into a museum in the 80's a museum dedicted the history of Hokkaido native anui people as well as the native of other nothern land such as the inuti of alaska and the sami or scadaivania, and musume dedicated to ice packing. . I feel that people of kushiro may consider a big theme park built by bally to the boost they need to make them a major tourist destination. Oldnavy if you think bally would build on kushyu island then perhaps they would build near Fukuoka or the popular hot spring rest town of beppu. If thye build on shidoko they maybe they should build near Matsuyama (shaiko's largest city) Kochi (know for it castle aquamrium and the Yosakoi Matsu ) or in Uwajima ( a minnor tourist destion know for it ferity shrine and for being the center of jappanse style bull fighting.)

Ducktales: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Movie)
DuckTales-Movie-Treasure-Lost-Lamp-1990.jpg

Ducktales: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on June 6, 2008

Produced by Walt Disney Classic Animation (Kansas City).

Executive Producers
Sir Daniel Abbott
Jymn Magon

Screenplay by
Don Rosa
Jymn Magon
Tad Stones

Music by
David Newman

Ducktales theme written by
Mark Mueller

Main Voices
David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck
Seth Rogen as Launchpad McQuack
Zac Efron as Huey
Haley Joel Osment as Dewey
Mitch Musso as Louie
Joan Gerber as Mrs. Beakley
Jim Parsons as Gyro Gearloose
Cate Blanchett as Magica De Spell
Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
Mila Kunis as Della Duck
Sir Daniel Abbott as Duckworth
Eric Bauza, Keith Ferguson and Seth MacFarlane as the Beagle Boys

Storyline
Scrooge and his nephews find themselves entangled in Magica's quest to unlock the secret behind the mysterious crystal skulls uncovered in a fictitious Latin American realm.​