As Dreamers Do Part Deux

I still like the idea of a russian theme park that use russain unlike otl dreamland that lincessed forign ips like hotel transvania hello kitty tmnt and the smurfs. It seam that hollywood is more hostile to russia then otl So the only way that russia would a theme park is if they used there own ips. I don't if the park should be succes or a dumpster fire
Most American studios are hostile to Russia except for Miramax.

But even with that, Putin is now recruiting privateers to illegally download American films to get around the major studios’ refusal to release material to the former Warsaw Pact countries.

But even with that, Putin is now recruiting privateers to illegally download American films to get around the major studios’ refusal to release material to the former Warsaw Pact countries.
I would like to see the American studios' reactions to that once they find out about that.....

I would like to see the American studios' reactions to that once they find out about that.....

Homeland Security is keeping an eye on that at the moment. Especially since Hollywood has had to confront more urgent issues within the US.

At the moment, Disney is suing DeviantArt and other similar websites for the unauthorized use of Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung’s likenesses in X-rated AB/DL art and fan fiction.

New Line Cinema won a $278 million USD settlement from the New Orleans Police Department for its mishandling of a June 1990 incident in which Bridgette St. Pierre disrupted Gus’s audition for Terminator 2: Judgment Day. That settlement pretty much will lower the city’s police budget for a while and ones who will really have to pony up will be the taxpayers.

Peacock has had to tighten security at the Universal backlot to prevent any premature leaks of the new Star Trek film slated for a summer 2009 release.

Six Kings has had to adjust its hotel proposals for Six Flags Hollywood Park due to building height restrictions imposed by the FAA because of the park’s close proximity to the LAX airport.

The 15th anniversary of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is one more year away. But Warner Bros has been indecisive on how to confront the negative reaction to the big reveal in the third act after all these years.

Homeland Security is keeping an eye on that at the moment. Especially since Hollywood has had to confront more urgent issues within the US.
Fair enough.
At the moment, Disney is suing DeviantArt and other similar websites for the unauthorized use of Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung’s likenesses in X-rated AB/DL art and fan fiction.
FUCK YOU!
New Line Cinema won a $278 million USD settlement from the New Orleans Police Department for its mishandling of a June 1990 incident in which Bridgette St. Pierre disrupted Gus’s audition for Terminator 2: Judgment Day. That settlement pretty much will lower the city’s police budget for a while and ones who will really have to pony up will be the taxpayers.
Smaller police budgets are nice, but I don't like how the taxpayers are being tortured for the incompetence of law enforcement.
Peacock has had to tighten security at the Universal backlot to prevent any premature leaks of the new Star Trek film slated for a summer 2009 release.
Compared to what's at Disney and New Line, this seems sort of quaint.
Six Kings has had to adjust its hotel proposals for Six Flags Hollywood Park due to building height restrictions imposed by the FAA because of the park’s close proximity to the LAX airport.
Okay.
The 15th anniversary of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is one more year away. But Warner Bros has been indecisive on how to confront the negative reaction to the big reveal in the third act after all these years.
Maybe make a more inclusive version of it, in which the LGBTQIA+ punchline is not a punchline?

Fair enough.

FUCK YOU!

Smaller police budgets are nice, but I don't like how the taxpayers are being tortured for the incompetence of law enforcement.

Okay.

Maybe make a more inclusive version of it, in which the LGBTQIA+ punchline is not a punchline?

The Disney v. DeviantArt case is already going to trial in a federal courtroom in Sacramento but could potentially reach the Supreme Court.

That'll be tricky unless Ace is the one who dresses in drag to solve the case.

The Disney v. DeviantArt case is already going to trial in a federal courtroom in Sacramento but could potentially reach the Supreme Court.
I wouldn't really blame them if it does go to the Supreme Court.
Given how wacky Ace Ventura, the film and the character, really is, this might actually be a good idea.

Ok....
WHAT THE FUCK!????
Oof...

Ok. Maybe not be offensive?
Fair enough.

FUCK YOU!

Okay.

Same here...

I wouldn't really blame them if it does go to the Supreme Court.

Given how wacky Ace Ventura, the film and the character, really is, this might actually be a good idea.
PLEASE make it go to the Supreme Court.

And we should have Ace himself do it, except without being offensive.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. before we get to Sir Daniel Abbott's 50th birthday?
Wait it's really his 50th birthday?

So, has Sony gotten back in or is even interested in getting back in the entertainment industry?

PLEASE make it go to the Supreme Court.

And we should have Ace himself do it, except without being offensive.

Wait it's really his 50th birthday?

So, has Sony gotten back in or is even interested in getting back in the entertainment industry?

Tiffany Disney:
"It's bad enough that some people act like I wear my diapers just to have a big butt like...I dunno...Jennifer Lopez? Kanye West dissing me last year was bad enough. When I first took over the Mighty Ducks from my dad, when I would travel with my team, I would get nosy strangers at the airport pulling out their phones to videotape me waddling up and down the terminal. For that reason, I've now arranged for my players to have their TSA screenings at our practice facility before we hop on our plane."

"Once in a while, I would get a letter from a fan pointing out how Donald's pear shaped design and the white color of his feathers makes him look like he wears diapers. But to learn about people trying to fictionalize what they think Joyce and I do in our bedroom is...appalling."

Sir Daniel was born in April of 1958. He started in the animation business in 1974 at age 16.

Sony had a minority stake in Universal Pictures, which they later sold to Peacock in 2006.

WB will only do an Ace remake if Jim Carrey is open to climbing aboard as a consultant. Because the backlash of the original prompted Jim to distance himself from the character.

Tiffany Disney:
"It's bad enough that some people act like I wear my diapers just to have a big butt like...I dunno...Jennifer Lopez? Kanye West dissing me last year was bad enough. When I first took over the Mighty Ducks from my dad, when I would travel with my team, I would get nosy strangers at the airport pulling out their phones to videotape me waddling up and down the terminal. For that reason, I've now arranged for my players to have their TSA screenings at our practice facility before we hop on our plane."

"Once in a while, I would get a letter from a fan pointing out how Donald's pear shaped design and the white color of his feathers makes him look like he wears diapers. But to learn about people trying to fictionalize what they think Joyce and I do in our bedroom is...appalling."

Sir Daniel was born in April of 1958. He started in the animation business in 1974 at age 16.

Sony had a minority stake in Universal Pictures, which they later sold to Peacock in 2006.

WB will only do an Ace remake if Jim Carrey is open to climbing aboard as a consultant. Because the backlash of the original prompted Jim to distance himself from the character.
Admittedly, I would have made that connection because I thought it could make her feel better. Not to insult her condition.
Right, I wouldn;t blame Jim for not wanting to play Ace again. And that's disgusting what people are fictionalizing about Tiffany and Joyce. At least John K. is dead and Butch is locked up.....

I know it might sound dumb, but I wanna hear what Ray Spum and Butch Hartman has to say about it.......

And I hope Daniel has a great birthday!

Right, I wouldn;t blame Jim for not wanting to play Ace again. And that's disgusting what people are fictionalizing about Tiffany and Joyce. At least John K. is dead and Butch is locked up.....

I know it might sound dumb, but I wanna hear what Ray Spum and Butch Hartman has to say about it.......

And I hope Daniel has a great birthday!
Ray Spum I don't think you really wanna hear from.

Butch based Chloe on Tiffany in the last years of FOP before his trial.

Is putian also trying to expand the russian film industy in a way that lot of poor qualtiy ripoff of american media

It ironic that mirmax is pro russia because president havery winesitne tried baning media import to russias only to a 5 to sumpre court deceison shotting down his ban

Is putian also trying to expand the russian film industy in a way that lot of poor qualtiy ripoff of american media

What Putin is doing is letting the oligarchs consolidate the Russian film business to one monopoly. I'm not entirely sure who was the major studio during the Soviet era or what players emerged after the USSR broke up.

It ironic that mirmax is pro russia because president havery winesitne tried baning media import to russias only to a 5 to sumpre court deceison shotting down his ban

The Supreme Court's logic at the time of their decision was that cutting off Russia's legal access to Hollywood films would reignite old Cold War tensions between Russia and America.

Entertainment News for Early April 2008
Entertainment News for Early April 2008

Politics

SCOTUS to hear Disney v. DeviantArt case in June.
- The Washington Post

Obama, McCain, Palin each pull further ahead in the primaries of their respective parties.
- CNN

Entertainment
Wendy's reports highest Q1 profits in six years after its tie-in with the 25th anniversary of the English dub of Urusei Yatsura proves wildly successful.
- CNBC

Amblin Entertainment and Legendary Multimedia each sign on to co-produce the WGN/Bally revival of Bozo starting in Fall 2010.
- The Chicago Tribune

Rumor Mill: Hagar the Horrible to join the Universal/King Features Movie Universe in Phase 2. Also rumored for Phase 2 are Dick Tracy and The Shadow.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount Pictures gives the green light to six Tom and Jerry animated crossovers:
The Wizard of Oz, James Bond (or Cody Banks), Grease, Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee, Legally Blonde
- E! News

Politics
SCOTUS to hear Disney v. DeviantArt case in June.
- The Washington Post

Obama, McCain, Palin each pull further ahead in the primaries of their respective parties.
- CNN

Entertainment
Wendy's reports highest Q1 profits in six years after its tie-in with the 25th anniversary of the English dub of Urusei Yatsura proves wildly successful.
- CNBC

Amblin Entertainment and Legendary Multimedia each sign on to co-produce the WGN/Bally revival of Bozo starting in Fall 2010.
- The Chicago Tribune

Rumor Mill: Hagar the Horrible to join the Universal/King Features Movie Universe in Phase 2. Also rumored for Phase 2 are Dick Tracy and The Shadow.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount Pictures gives the green light to six Tom and Jerry animated crossovers:
The Wizard of Oz, James Bond (or Cody Banks), Grease, Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee, Legally Blonde
- E! News
1: Okay.
2: I really hope Obama wins.
3: Good for them!
4: Well, that gives me hope.
5: Those are actually great comics to put into Phase 2.
6: Could they be 44-minute TV specials, rather than direct-to-video movies? Aside from that, I'd choose James Bond for the relative iconography, and it would be interesting to see the cat and mouse in the 1950s, at an air force, in Australia, and in law school.

I hope to god the Tom and Jerry crossovers are of higher quality than IOTL.

Also, any idea of the cartoon mascots of each of the conglomerates?

Been thinking of something as we get towards when work on the 2010 remake of Alice in Wonderland started work, might it be am ideas of insteading getting a Disney live action film (which no doubt would be different anyone ITTL as the Disney Alice film here is different here) might it be an idea if another studio would be making their own version of Alice at this point?

Kinda been thinking a version of Alice based of the film 'Hook' in which a grown up moden day Alice - mid twenties to late twenties let's say - ends up in Wonderland finding the stories are real and that she is the real Alice they are based on but had she been born in Wonderland in which sometime later decades later she was taken into the real world by her father (the White Knight let's say?) To escape Wonderland following the Queen of Hearts taking over when she was a child and Alice would grow up in the real world feeling out of place due to her curious nature and would see her return to Wonderland and starting an adventure there.

Not sure if it would be a worth while thing to write up but would be something interesting that you could put up for 2009 here. Hell given how the 2010 Alice remake kick started all those crappy Disney live action remakes, butterflying that away would certainly be very good in the long term for Disney ITTL for their reputation.