As Dreamers Do Part Deux

@WB18 @stratonapba @TheMatthew25

Updates on the musical chairs of sports team ownership:

Mickey Arison will meet with MLB Commissioner Larry Lucchino to present his bid to buy the Florida Marlins from Jeffrey Loria. ITTL, Arison is owner of both the NBA Miami Heat and IHL Florida Panthers, both of whom play at American Airlines Arena. The old Miami Arena, unused since 2000, will be demolished to make way for a new Marlins ballpark should voters approve in a special ballot later this year.
Sweet to see the Fish (most likely) stay! Though Loria owned the Portland Beavers ITTL with Wayne Huizenga owning the Marlins. Or maybe I missed something.
The Los Angeles City Council voted to use eminent domain to seize control of the Staples Center from AEG's arena management division. As that development unfolds and in light of more serious allegations, Major League Soccer is now forcing Phil Anschutz to sell the Los Angeles Galaxy as well as his minority stakes in other MLS franchises.
Eat it, asshole. Just sell the Galaxy to whoever owns LAFC IOTL.
Ron Burkle has notified WLAF Commissioner Oliver Luck that he plans to sell the Oakland Condors, who are sharing an aging Coliseum with the MLB A's. Should NFL Commissioner Amy Trask approve Burkle's bid to buy the San Francisco 49ers from the embattled Eddie DeBartolo, Jr., Burkle will actually co-own the Niners with a 50/50 partner, rumored to be Bill Walsh, Carmen Policy, Steve Young or Joe Montana. The Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL, whom Burkle owns IOTL, are owned ITTL by Mario Lemieux and the Rooney family.
Interesting scenario here, Burkle sure as hell would be a better owner than Jed York (feel like Steve Young would be the best option out of the four co-owners you mentioned, but all would be good choices). As for the Condors, wonder if that means they could move to San Jose or Sacramento or something like that.
NBA superstar and Barcelona native Pau Gasol now owns a 10% stake in the WLAF Dragons. The other 90% of the franchise is owned by Hollywood producer Peter Guber.
Cool.
Citing league bylaws, Oliver Luck has notified actor Haley Joel Osment that he must wait till his 21st birthday before attempting to buy even a piece of the Birmingham Maulers. Osment's mom and dad grew up in the Birmingham, AL area IOTL.
Okay.
Amy Trask has notified Bally chairman Jeffrey Bewkes that he must sell the Chicago White Sox to facilitate his bid to buy the Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen. If successful, Bewkes plans to let John Elway stay aboard to oversee the Broncos' day-to-day operations.
Oh Jeffrey, what are doing? Sell the team to someone who has more brains to keep Elway from messing the Broncos up!
NHL Commissioner Wayne Gretzky has given the greenlight to Mark Chipman and True North Sports and Entertainment's bid to acquire the troubled Virginia Rhinos. In turn, Oklahoma Twisters' owner Clay Bennett will relinquish the old Winnipeg Jets name for Chipman to use starting next season. Also, the Rhinos/Jets will shift to the Norris Division while the Tennessee Titans will realign to either the Adams or Patrick Divisions.
Yes! As someone who wanted the NHL to return to Winnipeg for years IOTL (Ironic considering the NHL team I grew up rooting for was the original Jets IOTL), I'm glad this happens earlier ITTL.
Here's the updated NHL alignment for the 2007-08 season
Clarence Campbell Conference
Smythe

Mighty Ducks of San Diego
Los Angeles Kings
Seattle Thunderbirds
Vancouver Canucks
Las Vegas Silver Knights
Edmonton Oilers
San Jose Sharks
Calgary Bandits

Norris
Chicago Blackhawks
Milwaukee Admirals
Minnesota North Stars
St. Louis Blues
Oklahoma Twisters
Colorado Rockies
Houston Aeros
Winnipeg Jets (Formerly Virginia Rhinos)

Prince of Wales Conference
Adams
Tennessee Titans (Shifted from the Norris Division)

Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Cleveland Moondogs
Detroit Red Wings
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs

Patrick
Atlanta Flames (Shifted from Adams Division)

New York Rangers
New York Islanders
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals
Charlotte Checkers
I mean I don't know, that is, pretty cool and all, but it's still pretty bland.
One option being proposed by an owner that refused to go on camera would look more like this

Div ADiv BDiv CDiv D
Las Vegas Silver Knights
Los Angeles Kings
Mighty Ducks of San Diego
San Jose Sharks
Calgary Bandits
Edmonton Oilers
Seattle Thunderbirds
Vancouver Canucks
Chicago Blackhawks
Milwaukee Admirals
Minnesota North Stars
Winnipeg Jets
Colorado Rockies
St. Louis Blues
Oklahoma Twisters
Houston Aeros
Div EDiv FDiv GDiv H
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
Philadelphia Flyers
Boston Bruins
Toronto Maple Leafs
Ottawa Senators
Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres
Cleveland Moondogs
Detroit Red Wings
Washington Capitals
Atlanta Flames
Charlotte Checkers
Tennessee Titans
Tampa Bay Lightning
1667793911715.png

Does this mean that the Disney Television Animation library is released onto DVD much quicker and in greater quantities?
Right. Plus much of the older stuff will get the Limited Run treatment, mainly through places like Blockbuster, FYE, Suncoast or Sam Goody. But I would try Dimples if you're close to the Sacramento area or Zia Records if you live in Arizona.

Right. Plus much of the older stuff will get the Limited Run treatment, mainly through places like Blockbuster, FYE, Suncoast or Sam Goody. But I would try Dimples if you're close to the Sacramento area or Zia Records if you live in Arizona.
Yes! Not only will the Disney video collectors thrive, not only does Blockbuster have a reason to exist past 2010, but Dimple Records would get foot traffic that isn't my own! A win/win/win!

Sweet to see the Fish (most likely) stay! Though Loria owned the Portland Beavers ITTL with Wayne Huizenga owning the Marlins. Or maybe I missed something.

Eat it, asshole. Just sell the Galaxy to whoever owns LAFC IOTL.

Interesting scenario here, Burkle sure as hell would be a better owner than Jed York (feel like Steve Young would be the best option out of the four co-owners you mentioned, but all would be good choices). As for the Condors, wonder if that means they could move to San Jose or Sacramento or something like that.
Condors will still have a ton of support in Northern California. Vivek Ranadive is the first guy that pops in my mind who might keep the club close to Wine Country. Possibly as a means to finally utilize the Natomas area into the sports complex it was supposed to be IOTL. While Vivek is tempting, I feel like there may be somebody better.

Loria sold the Beavers to Peter O'Malley (descendant of former Dodgers owner Walter O'Malley) while Huizenga sold the WLAF Admirals to Heineken and the MLB Marlins to Loria to concentrate on restructuring Blockbuster to be one of the main outlets for both Limited Run and B-Kind to sell their tapes. Now, Loria's putting the Fish for sale with his tail between his legs after the disastrous ballpark vote last November.

The Niners as of late ran into Belichick's Rams, Holmgren's Seahawks and Dennis Green's Cards. Basically, after Steve Young retired and TO sought more locker rooms to tear apart in the WLAF, the Niners have slid into the cellar of the NFC West. With a new stadium this September, the 49er Faithful hope Burkle can be the new owner they're looking for.

aw cool
then i get to see blockbusters past the one i remember seeing back when i was a little Uni living in Illinois and my parents were driving me to the daycare center
that would be lit
Nice.

IOTL, a new show just started on Netflix called Blockbuster, but so far the reviews seem...mixed.

Condors will still have a ton of support in Northern California. Vivek Ranadive is the first guy that pops in my mind who might keep the club close to Wine Country. Possibly as a means to finally utilize the Natomas area into the sports complex it was supposed to be IOTL. While Vivek is tempting, I feel like there may be somebody better.
Is the Natomas area the ill-fated Arco Park across from the Sacramento Kings arena that was never built? There's also Mark Mastrov (founder of 24 hour fitness and Sacramento Kings minorty owner IOTL), Joe Lacob (IOTL owner of the Warriors) and maybe the group that owns the NHL's Sharks.
Loria sold the Beavers to Peter O'Malley (descendant of former Dodgers owner Walter O'Malley) while Huizenga sold the WLAF Admirals to Heineken and the MLB Marlins to Loria to concentrate on restructuring Blockbuster to be one of the main outlets for both Limited Run and B-Kind to sell their tapes. Now, Loria's putting the Fish for sale with his tail between his legs after the disastrous ballpark vote last November.
Okay then, I see. Loria was an awful owner anyway. Glad he'll be gone.
The Niners as of late ran into Belichick's Rams, Holmgren's Seahawks and Dennis Green's Cards. Basically, after Steve Young retired and TO sought more locker rooms to tear apart in the WLAF, the Niners have slid into the cellar of the NFC West. With a new stadium this September, the 49er Faithful hope Burkle can be the new owner they're looking for.
So similar to what happened IOTL.

Mickey Arison will meet with MLB Commissioner Larry Lucchino to present his bid to buy the Florida Marlins from Jeffrey Loria. ITTL, Arison is owner of both the NBA Miami Heat and IHL Florida Panthers, both of whom play at American Airlines Arena. The old Miami Arena, unused since 2000, will be demolished to make way for a new Marlins ballpark should voters approve in a special ballot later this year.

The Los Angeles City Council voted to use eminent domain to seize control of the Staples Center from AEG's arena management division. As that development unfolds and in light of more serious allegations, Major League Soccer is now forcing Phil Anschutz to sell the Los Angeles Galaxy as well as his minority stakes in other MLS franchises.

Ron Burkle has notified WLAF Commissioner Oliver Luck that he plans to sell the Oakland Condors, who are sharing an aging Coliseum with the MLB A's. Should NFL Commissioner Amy Trask approve Burkle's bid to buy the San Francisco 49ers from the embattled Eddie DeBartolo, Jr., Burkle will actually co-own the Niners with a 50/50 partner, rumored to be Bill Walsh, Carmen Policy, Steve Young or Joe Montana. The Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL, whom Burkle owns IOTL, are owned ITTL by Mario Lemieux and the Rooney family.

NBA superstar and Barcelona native Pau Gasol now owns a 10% stake in the WLAF Dragons. The other 90% of the franchise is owned by Hollywood producer Peter Guber.

Citing league bylaws, Oliver Luck has notified actor Haley Joel Osment that he must wait till his 21st birthday before attempting to buy even a piece of the Birmingham Maulers. Osment's mom and dad grew up in the Birmingham, AL area IOTL.

Amy Trask has notified Bally chairman Jeffrey Bewkes that he must sell the Chicago White Sox to facilitate his bid to buy the Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen. If successful, Bewkes plans to let John Elway stay aboard to oversee the Broncos' day-to-day operations.

NHL Commissioner Wayne Gretzky has given the greenlight to Mark Chipman and True North Sports and Entertainment's bid to acquire the troubled Virginia Rhinos. In turn, Oklahoma Twisters' owner Clay Bennett will relinquish the old Winnipeg Jets name for Chipman to use starting next season. Also, the Rhinos/Jets will shift to the Norris Division while the Tennessee Titans will realign to either the Adams or Patrick Divisions.
1. Hopefully the Marlins will stay with new ownership. I like that the Florida Panthers are part of the IHL.
2. So wait, MLS is REAL ITTL?!?! (Don't remember you mentioning MLS up to this point) Also get that assclown, Anschutz, away from MLS so it can grow.
3. So the Tennessee Titans are an NHL team here. Honestly like it. So the Jets returning, will the NHL look into expanding again or just stay where they at?

So far everything looks good. But please get AEG away from the MLS, I like MLS so I want to be successful here.

Great! I am hoping for two BIG Summer 2007 movies Shrek the Third and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. But AEG TV's show Dollhouse appears to be in the works.

Shrek the Third (2007 Film)
R.4e1772006939f7e9765f780846dca804

Shrek the Third
Released by DreamWorks SKG under Peacock Releasing on May 18, 2007

Animation produced by
PDI DreamWorks

Writing and directing credits are the same as OTL

Music by
Harry Gregson-Williams

Main Voices
Chris Farley as Shrek
Eddie Murphy as Donkey
Cameron Diaz as Fiona
Justin Timberlake as Artie Pendragon

All other voice talents are the same as OTL.

Notes
Shrek the Third fell short of its predecessor at the box office, prompting Peacock to quesion the future of the franchise.​

Main Voices
Chris Farley as Shrek
Eddie Murphy as Donkey
Cameron Diaz as Fiona
Justin Timberlake as Artie Pendragon​
Enlighten me. Is Mike Meyers dead or something? Because I need a reminder on how Chris Farley still plays Shrek.
Notes
Shrek the Third fell short of its predecessor at the box office, prompting Peacock to quesion the future of the franchise.​
Well, the franchise can always live on in television and through home media. It doesn't have to be a theatrical bout.

Enlighten me. Is Mike Meyers dead or something? Because I need a reminder on how Chris Farley still plays Shrek.

Well, the franchise can always live on in television and through home media. It doesn't have to be a theatrical bout.
I think Mike Myers only got the role because Chris Farley died; he appears to be alive ITTL, ergo, he plays Shrek

I think Mike Myers only got the role because Chris Farley died; he appears to be alive ITTL, ergo, he plays Shrek
Mike Myers is still alive as of 2007 ITTL. Right now, he's working on another project, but it won't be The Love Guru.