As Dreamers Do Part Deux

In 2006 otl nara dreamland closed . I assume that with nara dreamland being an offical disney park it will last longer. I still think it would probbly be Disney lest protiable park. I feel that it would be in need of an upgrade esspailly since univeisal japan is in nearby osaka. I feel that that best way to reliviste disneyaland nara is to rethemed to japansee history and lengdends. Perhaps nara dreamland should be renamed Disney's japanesse adevutnre disney nipon paradise or disney wonders of japna n

Entertainment News for Late November 2006

Tales from the Neighborhood, Big Nate revival exceed expectations for Peacock Animation.
- Variety

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith finalize their divorce.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Mid-terms: Democrats and Reformers gain seats in both chambers, but can all three parties come together when President D'Alesandro makes her Supreme Court nomination after the resignation of Justice Scalia?
- The Washington Post

Just a few months after Weinstein and Bush both resigned, Nancy D'Alesandro will be added to Disney's Hall of Presidents in April of 2007.
- The Orlando Sentinel

CBS salutes Charles Schulz on his 84th birthday with a digitally remastered broadcast of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
- TV Guide

Scott Steiner completes 150 hours of community service as part of his sentence for the "Big Poppa Poop" incident.
- The Tennessean

The Sports Page
@WB18 @stratonapba @TheMatthew25 @mrcubfan415
Excerpt from the pregame show before the Thursday Night Football matchup between the Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints from the Louisiana Superdome. Aired on November 30, 2006 on the USA Network.

*Music: David Robidoux's "Run to the Playoffs"*

Brad Nessler: "Now, let's join Bob Costas at the 50 yard line. He's with Gus St. Pierre."

Bob Costas: "Thank you, Brad. Gus, welcome home again. You were here this past September for an emotional homecoming for the Saints organization. Tonight, as you celebrate your 29th birthday, the franchise has welcomed you back here with a very special surprise on the rafters..."

*Existing banners displayed on the Superdome's ceiling include: David Dixon, Tom Dempsey, Archie Manning, Pete Maravich, Jim Finks, Rickey Jackson and Eddie Robinson. Next to those, a new banner is unveiled. It reads: "Dave Karp, #11, portrayed by New Orleans' own Gus St. Pierre in the Mighty Ducks film series."*

Here's one in particular:

Tales from the Neighborhood
Launched on the USA Cartoon Express on October 3, 2006.

Airs on Tuesday Nights at 8 PM Eastern and Pacific.

Synopsis: A quintet of fifth graders embark on adventures that land them in paranormal trouble.

Developed for television by RL Stine and Linda Woolverton

@HonestAbe1809
Animation supervised by Joe Macdonald

Produced in 2D by Universal Cartoon Studios under Peacock Animation

Distributed by Universal Domestic Television

Main voices
Mae Whitman as Molly West
Austin King as Ryan Richards
Danny Tamberelli as Dale McAvoy
Oscar Sandoval as Nick Perez
Orlando Brown as Floyd Sullivan

Adult character voices provided by the following:
Dan Castellaneta
Jim Cummings
Tress MacNielle
Debi Derryberry
Ken Page
Alan Oppenheimer
Maurice LaMarche
Mark Hamill
Hank Azaria
Jeff Bennett
Dee Bradley Baker
Lauren Tom
Cool. Especially if RL Stine is involved.
Notes
- The Duffer brothers, who went on to create Stranger Things for Limited Run ITTL, were hired straight out of high school to work on this series as scriptwriters.​
Wait, so Limited Run DOES get original programming? I wonder what will happen to Netflix....
- Tales from the Neighborhood was not the professional debut of Alex Hirsch, who would go on to create Gravity Falls for Fox's Animation Domination block. Hirsch was hired straight out of high school by Peacock as a storyboard artist for the Big Nate fifteenth anniversary revival.​
Cool, but I'd rather have Gravity Falls on Disney Channel and a new original series or a mature Marvel animated adaptation on Animation Domination......
- Austin King is a fictional actor who had portrayed teenage Gus St. Pierre in American Crime Story: Spicy Syrup, which was released by Golden Harvest in 2005.
- Oscar Sandoval, another fictional actor created for TTL, played a young AJ McLean in Spicy Syrup. In 1991, AJ and Gus worked together on the Nickelodeon series Welcome Freshmen.​
Cool, and what's Welcome Freshmen?
That's a good synopsis.

The cast of kids sounds decent.

What would Lauren Tom's role be, if not a jab at Disney/Fox's UY dub?

Okay, so right out of the gate, Limited Run is basically TTL's Netflix nowadays.

Aside from that, this sounds like the perfect show for them to have their first jobs at.

Gravity Falls is an adult series ITTL? If it wasn't for me remembering that Shnookums and Meat was on primetime ITTL, I would have been more surprised at that.

Okay.

Not bad.
Yeah.
IOTL, Alex Hirsch said on his Instagram there were some ideas he wanted to include on Gravity Falls but were left on the cutting room floor by the Disney Channel's standards and practices.

Also, I feel like if The Simpsons went on a hiatus to retool, Gravity Falls could fit right in with Family Guy and possibly Bob's Burgers.
Well, you're right, but I'd rather have Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers instead.
Nice to see that show's still around.

A win-win scenario for Hirsch.
Yep.
Thanksgiving 2006 Movies

image.jpg

The Prestige

Released by Luxor Pictures.
Produced in association with Syncopy.

harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix.jpg

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing.​
Nice.
Bonkers 2
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on November 24, 2006

Produced in association with Amblin Entertainment and Legendary Multimedia

Live Action Directed by
Robert Zemeckis

Animation Directed by
Sir Daniel Abbott

Executive Producers
Rachel Stone-Abbott
Steven Spielberg
Thomas Tull

Main Cast
John Goodman as Lucky Piquel
Danny DeVito as Gloomy the Clown
Jennifer Aniston as Miranda Wright
Dakota Fanning as Marylin Piquel
Patricia Richardson as Dyl Piquel
Richard Portnow as Chief Kanifky
Ron Perlman as Sgt. Francis Q. Grating
Bob Hoskins as Eddie Valiant's Ghost

Cartoon Voices
Jim Cummings as Bonkers D. Bobcat, Pete
Jeff Bennett as Jitters A. Dog
Frank Welker as Fall Apart Rabbit
Charles Fleischer as Roger Rabbit and Benny the Cab
Dan Castellaneta as Baby Huey and Katnip
Maurice LaMarche as Herman the Mouse
Lou Hirsch as Baby Herman
Bill Farmer as Goofy
Wayne Allwine as Mickey Mouse
Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
Eric Bauza as Giggles the Frog/Gagzilla

Synopsis:
Failed stand up comic Gloomy the Clown (Danny DeVito) has stolen the Humorizer to suck out a toon's sense of humor and make himself seem funnier. Now it's up to Bonkers and Lucky to solve the case, but not before Gloomy overloads the device, turning his henchman Giggles the Frog into Gagzilla. Basically, an expanded adaptation of the OTL episode The Toon that Ate Hollywood.

Legal Stuff in the End Credits
Garfield, The Mask and Shezow related characters used with permission from Dark Horse Comics.

Characters from Tiny Toon Adventures, Taz-Mania, Animaniacs and Freakazoid used with permission from Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.

Hanna-Barbera, Nicktoons and Pixar characters used with permission from The Jim Henson Company.

MGM, Tex Avery, DePatie-Freleng, Filmation and Ruby-Spears characters used with permission from Turner Broadcasting System.

Strange Magic characters and DC Superheroes used with permission from Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.

My Little Pony used with permission from Hasbro, Inc.

Super Mario Bros. used with permission from Nintendo of America.

Alvin and the Chipmunks, Slimer, Sonic the Hedgehog, Wallace and Gromit and Arthur used with permission from Paramount Pictures Corporation.

Big Nate used with permission from Peacock Animation and the Andrews McMeel Syndicate.​
You know, this, I WANT! And I want a Bonkers 3 that focuses more on anime.

Tales from the Neighborhood, Big Nate revival exceed expectations for Peacock Animation.
- Variety
Welp, is there any comic book or videogame rights Peacock has?

If not, meet me in a PM shortly in regards to Peacock Animation.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Mid-terms: Democrats and Reformers gain seats in both chambers, but can all three parties come together when President D'Alesandro makes her Supreme Court nomination after the resignation of Justice Scalia?
- The Washington Post
Ok, and what's up with the Will Smith/Jada Smith divorce? What happened?
Just a few months after Weinstein and Bush both resigned, Nancy D'Alesandro will be added to Disney's Hall of Presidents in April of 2007.
- The Orlando Sentinel

CBS salutes Charles Schulz on his 84th birthday with a digitally remastered broadcast of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
- TV Guide
AWESOME!
Scott Steiner completes 150 hours of community service as part of his sentence for the "Big Poppa Poop" incident.
- The Tennessean
Not this incident again.......
The Sports Page
Excerpt from the pregame show before the Thursday Night Football matchup between the Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints from the Louisiana Superdome. Aired on November 30, 2006 on the USA Network.

Brad Nessler: "Now, let's join Bob Costas at the 50 yard line. He's with Gus St. Pierre."

Bob Costas: "Thank you, Brad. Gus, welcome home again. You were here this past September for an emotional homecoming for the Saints organization. Tonight, as you celebrate your 29th birthday, the franchise has welcomed you back here with a very special surprise on the rafters..."

*Existing banners displayed on the Superdome's ceiling include: David Dixon, Tom Dempsey, Archie Manning, Pete Maravich, Jim Finks, Rickey Jackson and Eddie Robinson. Next to those, a new banner is unveiled. It reads: "Dave Karp, #11, portrayed by New Orleans' own Gus St. Pierre in the Mighty Ducks film series."*
Ok.

Hey can I get a timeline of what's going on in pro wrestling until now? Like what's been happening sense then wwf closed down I think? And how's the mcmahon family doing with all this? And who's running all the companies like aew?

- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

- The Washington Post

- The Orlando Sentinel

- TV Guide

- The Tennessean

The Sports Page

1: Personally, I didn't expect much from those two shows, so this is good enough to me.
2: Wait, they got divorced?
3: I hope so.
4: Not bad.
5: Sweet!
6: Good thing that's over.
7: That's fantastic!

- Variety
Nice!
- The Hollywood Reporter
So no slap in this universe I guess.
- The Washington Post
Cool.
- The Orlando Sentinel
Okay then.
- TV Guide
Happy 84th Charlie.
- The Tennessean
Good.
The Sports Page

Good for Gus, he deserves it.

Great job! But let's get the way for the movies of December 2006, which include Columbia Pictures' (OTL Warner Bros. made the movie) The Fountain, 20th Century-Fox's Deja Vu, Touchstone's Deck the Halls, Dimension's Griffin & Phoenix (remake of the 1976 ABC movie), Universal's The Blue Beetle, 20th Century-Fox's Eragon, Miramax 2.0's Miss Potter, Touchstone Pictures' Apocalypto, Paramount's Charlotte's Web, Peacock Releasing/DreamWorks' Dreamgirls, Turner's Rocky Balboa and 20th Century-Fox's Night at the Museum.