As Dreamers Do Part Deux

President Weinstein and Vice President Bush both announce their respective resignations from office amid an impeachment over the bungled response to Hurricane Katrina. Speaker D'Alesandro will be sworn in on the first Sunday of August.
- CNN

Turner agrees to allow Popeye the Sailor to appear in the proposed live action adaptation of Defenders of the Earth. Turner will now co-produce the project in association with King Features Syndicate and Peacock.
- Variety

Yesterday, attorneys for Luxor Animation executives Tom Ruegger and Mark Evanier filed a libel suit against Ray Spum over a blog entry in which Spum insulted both men claiming their combined works in the past were the result of "...scriptwriters who can't draw." 24 hours later, an attorney representing Linda Woolverton filed suit against Spum over the "retarded scriptwriters" rant on a separate blog entry.
- Access Hollywood

Scott Steiner appeared before a Davidson County judge and pleaded guilty to all charges related to the "Big Poppa Poop" incident that took place earlier this year on a TNA taping.
- ESPN

Panasonic confirms the Rubicon 2 will hit store shelves one week before Black Friday.
- Game Informer
1: That's new to have the House Speaker become the new President. However, given how 9/11 has been avoided thanks to him, I guess his legacy should be a 50/50 split between good and bad.
2: Yes!
3: While I shall play devil's advocate by saying that Garfield and Friends and Animaniacs had exceptional writing, that shouldn't excuse Spum from being a bag of pigeon droppings about the whole thing.
4: Ouch.
5: Will that be too late to make an impact, though? Only time will tell.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006 Film)
p01gmgby.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on July 21, 2006.

Produced in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Films.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
The Pirates ride at the newly expanded Riverfront Square retains many animatronics from the original, but now has added Jack Sparrow to the ride.
The next installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is expected to reach theatres next year. After that, I might butterfly On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales unless there's a way that I can salvage either of those films.

Logo Trivia
Just like OTL, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest begins with a new CGI logo for Walt Disney Pictures, created ITTL by Blue Sky Studios and Weta Digital.

The next installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is expected to reach theatres next year. After that, I might butterfly On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales unless there's a way that I can salvage either of those films.​
Perhaps you can turn those two into Wonderful World of Disney specials? Other than that, maybe it would be wisest to butterfly them away.

Perhaps you can turn those two into Wonderful World of Disney specials? Other than that, maybe it would be wisest to butterfly them away.
That is a nice suggestion. What I might do is turn Pirates into an animated series after At World's End. That is, unless it would be better to do that sooner.

As for anthology series specials, Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves were each made into 2-hour specials that aired on Fox in '94 and '96 respectively. If it is any consolation, King of Thieves finally brings Robin Williams into the franchise as a Grand Genie, a father figure for the Lamp (Jim Carrey) and Ring (Freddie Starr) Genies.

Bartok The Magnificent, a prequel to Anastasia IOTL, was instead made into a SatAm series roughly the same time Fox launched the Backstreet Project. ITTL, the Bartok series takes place during the twilight of the Karrutha dynasty. A young Treoris Smakovich, Milgroth's henchman in TTL's Anastasia movie, appears on Bartok as an insubordinate private in the Proguban Royal Army.

That is a nice suggestion. What I might do is turn Pirates into an animated series after At World's End. That is, unless it would be better to do that sooner.
With that trajectory, we could turn Pirates into a cartoon in 2009, which would be right in between the third and fourth movies IOTL.
As for anthology series specials, Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves were each made into 2-hour specials that aired on Fox in '94 and '96 respectively. If it is any consolation, King of Thieves finally brings Robin Williams into the franchise as a Grand Genie, a father figure for the Lamp (Jim Carrey) and Ring (Freddie Starr) Genies.
I did not know that. This is perfect!
Bartok The Magnificent, a prequel to Anastasia IOTL, was instead made into a SatAm series roughly the same time Fox launched the Backstreet Project. ITTL, the Bartok series takes place during the twilight of the Karrutha dynasty. A young Treoris Smakovich, Milgroth's henchman in TTL's Anastasia movie, appears on Bartok as an insubordinate private in the Proguban Royal Army.
I saw that back in '98. Considering Hank Azaria's wallet in that year, especially ITTL, that's a good thing to make it a series a la Timon and Pumbaa.

But nice work! But we will get to Luxor Pictures/New Line Cinema's Lady in the Water and New Line's Clerks II. Both films were delayed to avert competition TTL from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. And too at the end of the month's films were Gramercy's Scoop, Universal's Miami Vice, Paramount's The Ant Bully and Fox's John Tucker Must Die.

Where are they Now? Hip Hop Edition
Where are they Now? Hip Hop Edition

Tupac Shakur and Chris "Biggie Smalls" Wallace

Both rappers squashed the whole Death Row/Bad Boy/East/West beef early enough to butterfly their OTL deaths. However, both have seen their album sales slowdown as the boy bands took over the Top 40 charts just ten years ago.

Suge Knight
Notorious for once extorting money from Vanilla Ice and Eazy-E, Knight is now serving multiple life sentences. His Death Row label has since been acquired by Snoop Dogg and merged with Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment, making Marshall "Eminem" Mathers an official Death Row artist ITTL.

MC Hammer
Sadly, he still went broke after releasing U Can't Touch This. Later sued New Line Cinema for unpaid royalties for the Hammerman TV series produced by DiC, but still only got chump change out of the case.

Everlast
House of Pain still broke up around '96 and he still went solo after that.

A Tribe Called Quest
Broke up in '99, but only Q-Tip has succeeded as a solo rapper.

Nelly
Booed off stage at a show in Jacksonville after teasing the crowd with lyrics referencing the move of the Jaguars to St. Louis.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006 Film)
R.53cb8e210efe8e884d4b5117c15f6f20

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on July 28, 2006.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
The absence of key cast members from the first two installments left moviegoers disgusted with Tokyo Drift. When asked about the future of the Fast and Furious franchise, Kevin Feige of Peacock declined to comment.​

Notes
The absence of key cast members from the first two installments left moviegoers disgusted with Tokyo Drift. When asked about the future of the Fast and Furious franchise, Kevin Feige of Peacock declined to comment.​
Listen, if you're gonna change the franchise so it doesn't have 10+ movies, I'm all for said change.

Listen, if you're gonna change the franchise so it doesn't have 10+ movies, I'm all for said change.
What I could do is still have Fast 4 and 5 come out the same years as OTL while Hobbs vs. Shaw can be its own franchise. Would that work?

Also, I'll need a good year for Defenders of the Earth or if I should build it up like Marvel did with the MCU's first phase IOTL.

What I could do is still have Fast 4 and 5 come out the same years as OTL while Hobbs vs. Shaw can be its own franchise. Would that work?

Also, I'll need a good year for Defenders of the Earth or if I should build it up like Marvel did with the MCU's first phase IOTL.
How about 7 November 2006 (yes i also included a good date for it)

2006 San Diego Comic Con Highlights
SDCC_18.jpg

2006 San Diego Comic Con
Held From July 27 thru July 30, 2006, at the San Diego Convention Center

Highlights

Thursday July 27

At Hall H, Peacock officially announces that Defenders of the Earth will be released in theatres worldwide in 2012, preceded by solo films for Flash Gordon, Popeye, Mandrake the Magician and The Phantom. Peacock executive Kevin Feige was asked by an attendee about the rumors of Michael Eisner's preference for Popeye to be played by Gus St. Pierre, to which Feige declined to comment.

Other Peacock announcements at Hall H included release dates for Pacific Rim and Wicked for Thanksgiving 2006, a second Eddie Van Helsing installment for 2008, a third Shrek in 2007, a second Madagascar for 2008, a fourth Fast and Furious, a new Star Trek film for 2009 and a fourth Mission: Impossible for a date to be determined later.

Later that day in Hall H, Paramount Pictures announced the development of a Shinobi movie for a 2009 release.

At Ballroom 20, Panasonic officially unveiled the design for the Pantheon game console, whose working title had been the Rubicon 2.

Limited Run made its official debut in the exhibit hall.

At the Disney booth, a massive signing was held for Sir Daniel Abbott, his first since being knighted back in April.

Friday July 28
At Hall H, Columbia-TriStar confirmed its 2008 release dates for the third Legend of Zelda movie, along with Strange Magic and Batman: Year Two.

In Ballroom 20, SBC confirmed that they were officially bringing back David Shire's "Manhattan Skyline" as the theme for Wednesday Night Hockey after a 21-year absence.

Later that day in Hall H, New Line Television announced they were developing Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles for a Spring 2008 debut on SBC.

Touchstone Pictures offered attendees an exclusive first look at the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie, slated for Christmas Day 2006.

Saturday July 29
At Hall H: Disney announces its releases for the next four years, including a CGI TMNT movie, The Simpsons Movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Usagi Yojimbo, Meet the Robinsons, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, DuckTales: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, a live action remake of Huck's Landing and a National Treasure/Carmen Sandiego crossover slated for a summer 2008 or 2009 release. Disney also mentioned that Book of Secrets and the Treasure/Carmen crossover will be filmed back-to-back on a schedule similar to how New Line made the second and third Matrix films.

At Ballroom 20, Fox gave attendees a sneak preview of Season 18 of The Simpsons. A trailer for Treehouse of Horror XVII features Harvey Weinstein's Presidency and The Jacksonville Jaguars among this year's Amusing Tombstones.

Later that day in Ballroom 20, Fox offered a sneak peek at Season 4 of Family Guy. Attendees got to see Brian trying to get Stewie's attention while he plays Kingdom Hearts II. Next, we see a cutaway gag of Lum Invader (Lauren Tom) asking Sora (Haley Joel Osment) to help find her beloved Ataru. Of course, Lum's dialogue and lip movements don't match. But that didn't stop Sora from saying this...

Sora: "I think my shorts shrank about two or three sizes."

...and right on cue, Kairi (Hayden Panettiere) taps Sora on the shoulder and slaps the shit out of him.

Sunday July 30
At Ballroom 20, Mark Evanier of Luxor Animation confirmed a new Garfield series was in development, along with an HBO series based on Sergio Aragones' comic Groo the Wanderer.

Paramount officially announces its long-term partnership with Mattel, during which live action films of He-Man, She-Ra and Barbie are currently in development.

Lionsgate confirmed a release date for Saw 3 and announced a new Voltron series currently in development, rumored to be for NBC or SBC.​

That sounds good to me, despite knowing next to nothing about the IP.
Maybe it should be built up like Phase 1 of the MCU IOTL, but future sequels for Defenders of the Earth should build on the first DotE movie in particular.

And, if possible, look for Popeye or Flash Gordon to begin this buildup.