As Dreamers Do Part Deux

For Phantom of the Opera, who would be your pick for Erik?

As for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I might have DreamWorks co-produce with Turner since United Artists owns the original film version.

I plan on having Tim Burton still do his version of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street for 2007. It'll likely be released by Peacock but I'm indecisive between Universal, RKO or DreamWorks as the actual brand.

Where do you think Into the Woods should be made?

Gigantic should be coming up soon and I might use select cast and plot points from the OTL Jack the Giant Slayer (2013). Good idea or bad?
For Phantom, I'm not sure for Erik, that can be someone else to come up with an idea for that.

Funny you mention about Tim Burton there, I have a feeling that he would play a part in a animated version of CCBB, maybe as a executive producer as when you look at the live musical there are some things that seem to to have a Burton feel to them such as the design of the Child Catcher in the show who not only seems more nightmare fuel worthy compared to the original film but does look like something Burton would have come up with. Regarding on who to produce it, I'm unsure DreamWorks would work on it given how they are pretty much tied to making ALW musicals that another musical from somewhere different might be too much for them to handle.

I can see Turner producing it though who else could help them work on it?

No idea what to do for Into The Woods so that can be for someone else to decide.

For Gigantic, I wouldn't mind if you use my original plot and cast I did in the old TL though maybe the cast be tweaked slightly if you feel it's needed.
@QTXAdsy

I almost forgot, for Wicked, who do you want for Glinda and Elphaba?
For Elphaba, pretty obvious that Idina Menzel would reprise her role here and given the fact that she won't be voicing Elsa ITTL, it's only fair she gets a equal big voice acting role here. Glinda I'm not sure who to cast, once again anyone can up with a suitable choice here.

Lending a Hand
On the set of X-Men 3
Vancouver, BC
November 1, 2005

John Wirt (Baton Rouge Advocate film critic)

"Gus, what are your thoughts on Brad Pitt pledging to help rebuild the Ninth Ward?"

Gus St. Pierre
"I appreciate him lending a hand, but I suggest he get his attorney on board to help cut through the red tape and speed up the permit process for everybody wanting to rebuild."​

I think the Erik role would be a good candidate for Brad Pitt in DreamWorks' Phantom of the Opera. But as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire going to be a hit for Universal, I want to see United Artists' live-action remake of The Chronicles of Narnia for Christmas 2005, and 20th Century-Fox/Disney would get Eragon by 2006, and more book-to-film adaptations went into development, which are Warner Bros.' Twilight, Hollywood Pictures' The Water Horse: Legends of the Deep, Touchstone Pictures' Bridge to Terabithia and TriStar Pictures' The Seeker: The Dark is Rising.

Entertainment News for Early November 2005

Gus St. Pierre on Brad Pitt wanting to rebuild the Ninth Ward:

"I suggest he get his lawyer on board to cut through the racist red tape and speed up the permit process for those who want to rebuild their homes. Once you get done with that, leave the actual construction to the professionals."
- USA Today

Billy Ray Cyrus defends his affiliation with FART while Miley has become Nickelodeon's newest star.

"I just want to protect my daughter from being sexualized by the show's writers."
- TV Guide

Limited Run, LLC moves quickly to acquire an out of state VHS tape plant that was slated to close, saving at least 200 jobs.
- The Oregonian

Disney begins principal photography on Eragon. The film, based on Christopher Paolini's book, is slated for a Christmas 2006 release. [1]
- Variety

[1] IOTL, I saw Eragon in theatres when I was 18. I felt very bad for Paolini because of the film adaptation being hated by critics. Plus, for a while, I wished it had been more successful because I had classmates in high school who read the book.

Gus St. Pierre on Brad Pitt wanting to rebuild the Ninth Ward:

"I suggest he get his lawyer on board to cut through the racist red tape and speed up the permit process for those who want to rebuild their homes. Once you get done with that, leave the actual construction to the professionals."
- USA Today
What is this about??
Billy Ray Cyrus defends his affiliation with FART while Miley has become Nickelodeon's newest star.
"I just want to protect my daughter from being sexualized by the show's writers."
- TV Guide
Well, I can't blame a father for wanting to keep his daughter safe, but still being associated with that organization (I REFUSE TO CALL IT IT'S NICKNAME)....
Limited Run, LLC moves quickly to acquire an out of state VHS tape plant that was slated to close, saving at least 200 jobs.
- The Oregonian
Great!
Disney begins principal photography on Eragon. The film, based on Christopher Paolini's book, is slated for a Christmas 2006 release. [1]
- Variety

[1] IOTL, I saw Eragon in theatres when I was 18. I felt very bad for Paolini because of the film adaptation being hated by critics. Plus, for a while, I wished it had been more successful because I had classmates in high school who read the book.
Ok.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (2005 Film)
hqdefault.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Released by TriStar Pictures on November 4, 2005

A Nelvana Production

Produced in association with

Nintendo of America
Hasbro, Inc.

Produced and Directed by
Michael Hirsh
Patrick Loubert
Clive Smith

Music
Michael Giacchino

Themes from the video game series composed by
Koji Kondo

Voice Talents
Zelda Williams as Zelda
Haley Joel Osment as Link and Dark Link
Ming-Na Wen as Navi
Drake Bell as Sheik
Keith David as Ganondorf and Phantom Ganon
Brittany Murphy as Saria
Zoe Saldana as Nabooru
Natalie Portman as Princess Ruto
Dakota Fanning as Malon
Dan Castellaneta as Ingo
Clancy Brown as Mutoh
Tara Strong as Koume and Kotake
Grey DeLisle as Twinrova
Jodie Benson as the Great Fairy

Notes
- The timeline of the film series is separate from the timeline of the games.
- The first Zelda movie released in 2002 is comprised of key plot points from the first four games, including Link's Awakening which was only for the original GameBoy.
- Ocarina of Time is Columbia-TriStar's first experiment with separate 2D and 3D releases.
- The first Zelda received a PG from the MPAA. This installment instead received a T for "scary images."

Logo Trivia
- Ocarina of Time is the first title in which the current TriStar logo, introduced in 1993, is updated with the CBS Discovery byline.
- At the very end of the film is a new logo for Nelvana, in which the polar bear mascot stands on a pedestal of ice in front of a cloud backdrop similar to the Columbia and TriStar logos.​

hqdefault.jpg

A Nelvana Production

Nintendo of America
Hasbro, Inc.

Produced and Directed by
Michael Hirsh
Patrick Loubert
Clive Smith

Music
Michael Giacchino

Koji Kondo

Voice Talents
Zelda Williams as Zelda
Ming-Na Wen as Navi
Drake Bell as Sheik
Brittany Murphy as Saria
Zoe Saldana as Nabooru
Dakota Fanning as Malon
Dan Castellaneta as Ingo
Clancy Brown as Mutoh
Grey DeLisle as Twinrova

Notes
- The first Zelda movie released in 2002 is comprised of key plot points from the first four games, including Link's Awakening which was only for the original GameBoy.
- Ocarina of Time is Columbia-TriStar's first experiment with separate 2D and 3D releases.
- The first Zelda received a PG from the MPAA. This installment instead received a T for "scary images."

Logo Trivia
- Ocarina of Time is the first title in which the current TriStar logo, introduced in 1993, is updated with the CBS Discovery byline.
- At the very end of the film is a new logo for Nelvana, in which the polar bear mascot stands on a pedestal of ice in front of a cloud backdrop similar to the Columbia and TriStar logos.​
Nice.

What are the chances of a Zelda animated series?

hqdefault.jpg

A Nelvana Production

Nintendo of America
Hasbro, Inc.

Produced and Directed by
Michael Hirsh
Patrick Loubert
Clive Smith

Music
Michael Giacchino

Koji Kondo

Voice Talents
Zelda Williams as Zelda
Ming-Na Wen as Navi
Drake Bell as Sheik
Brittany Murphy as Saria
Zoe Saldana as Nabooru
Dakota Fanning as Malon
Dan Castellaneta as Ingo
Clancy Brown as Mutoh
Grey DeLisle as Twinrova

Notes

Logo Trivia
The Legend of Zelda Williams.

Film and Video Game Ratings as of 2005
@Otakuninja2006 Chances are actually pretty good, but it'll likely pop up on cable.

@Marco Incognito @CeruleanDev Pretty much yeah. The studio simply couldn't resist the marketing possibilities when she was first cast for the role.

Here are the film and video game ratings in the United States as of 2005

Motion Picture Association of America
Membership
Paramount Pictures Corporation
Turner Pictures Worldwide
(Representing United Artists and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer)
Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. (Representing Warner Bros. and Carolco)
Disney Enterprises, Inc. (Representing Walt Disney Pictures, 20th Century-Fox Film Corporation, Marvel Studios and Hyperion Pictures)
Peacock Releasing (Representing Universal Pictures, DreamWorks SKG, RKO Radio Pictures and Gramercy Pictures)
Saban Metromedia (Representing New Line Cinema and Golden Harvest of America)
The Jim Henson Company (Representing Touchstone Pictures, Nickelodeon Movies and Dimension Films)
Bally's Inc. (Representing Hollywood Pictures and HBO Films)
Columbia-TriStar Industries, Inc. (Representing Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, DC Films, Nintendo Studios, Nelvana and Screen Gems)
Lionsgate

Film Ratings as of 2005

Rating SymbolDescriptor
GGeneral Audiences: All Ages Admitted. Many "soft-PG" titles that would otherwise received a PG IOTL are instead given G's ITTL. One example would be the Cinderella remake with Drew Barrymore which Disney released in 1998. Also, a lot of nature documentaries get G's, even when showing carnivores pigging out on their prey.
PGParental Guidance Suggested: Some material may not be suitable for children.
T (Known IOTL as PG-13)Teen Audiences: Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
RRestricted: Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
X (Known IOTL as NC-17)No one under 18 admitted.

Video Game Ratings as of 2005, used by the Entertainment and Software Ratings Board.
Rating SymbolDescriptor
ECEarly Childhood. Mainly used for educational games for preschoolers. Likely to be phased out as it is barely even used.
EEveryone.
E10+Everyone 10 and Up. Most sports games receive E ratings, except for hockey video games (both IHL and NHL) which get this rating for the fights and line brawls. Super High Impact, the WLAF equivalent of NFL Blitz, also gets this rating for mild trash talk and late hits. The first Kingdom Hearts game got an E, but the second which will come out in Spring 2006 will likely get an E10+.
E13+ Known IOTL as the ESRB's T ratingEveryone 13 and Up.
MMature.
AOAdults Only.

Logo History: Theo and Gretchen/Strange Magic
George Lucas was forced to sell Lucasfilm Limited to Amblin Entertainment as part of his 1984 divorce settlement with Marcia Griffin. As a result, Amblin would become part owner of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises with 20th Century-Fox. Amblin and Fox would later collaborate on the Roger Rabbit franchise. In addition, Amblin gained full ownership of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Skywalker Sound. Plus, Amblin took over Lucasfilm's stake in Fantasound, which they continue to co-own with Disney, Sony and Dolby.

After directing Pee Wee's Big Adventure for Warner Bros., Lucas was hired by CBS to run Columbia Pictures. In 1988, Lucas teamed up with the newly-reborn Screen Gems animation studio to create the Saturday Morning series Theo and Gretchen. The series revolves around a pair of twins, a boy and girl, who are trained as sorcerers in hopes of regaining their rightful throne from an evil warlock. Basically, a sword-and-sorcery retelling of the space franchise Lucas helmed for Fox, blended with elements from the short-lived OTL series Little Wizards.

Unfortunately for George, CBS was unhappy with Theo and Gretchen drawing a much lower audience than expected, blown out of the water by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which debuted on SBC and later moved to Fox. This disappointment caused enough friction between Lucas and then-CBS chairman Larry Tisch to prompt Lucas to abruptly resign from Columbia. Peter Guber, who was working on the Batman movie at the time, took over as interim chairman. In hopes of salvaging any potential the series could still have, Columbia Pictures Television transferred Theo and Gretchen to the USA Network, where the series gained the audience it deserved as part of the Cartoon Express.

Anyways, the original CBS and USA Network prints of Theo and Gretchen would end with this CPT logo:

Early CBS/Columbia Pictures Home Video releases of the show featured this Magic Window logo, also seen on VHS releases of Nintendo and Hasbro's early collaborations with TriStar and Nelvana, Popples, 1966 Batman movie and series, UPA cartoons, Superfriends, Galaxy High, Dinosaucers, the Care Bears film and TV series and the Beany and Cecil franchise. The English anime dubs that got the Magic Window treatment were Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Winds of Change, Angie Girl and Wild Swans.

ITTL, CBS/Columbia still made Magic Window tapes of He-Man, but the rights later transferred to Turner Home Entertainment after Ted bought Ruby-Spears. He-Man himself is still owned by Mattel. And of course, Ghostbusters is owned ITTL by Paramount.

Columbia-TriStar plans to bring this logo back for titles licensed to Limited Run, LLC.

Cable prints of Theo and Gretchen carried these logos while the series bounced around between USA, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Odyssey, The Hub, Superstation WGN and even Toon Disney throughout the remainder of the 1990's and into the new millennium. Please forgive the OTL bylines.
1993-1996

Since 1996

DVD releases in recent years begin with this logo below while the actual episodes have restored the original CPT logo from 1988.

Chicken Little (2005 Film)
h_chickenlittle_mobile_19875_dec75e5b.jpeg

Chicken Little
Released by Touchstone Pictures on November 4, 2005

Pixar Animation Studios

Voice Talents
Same as OTL except for Morkubine Porcupine who is voiced ITTL by Eric Bauza.​

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005 Film)
5rrGVmRUuCKVbqUu41XIWTXJmNA.jpg

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on November 18, 2005

Based upon characters created by
JK Rowling

Executive Producers
Gale Anne Hurd
David Heyman

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Goblet of Fire is the return to a Thanksgiving/Christmas release schedule for the franchise.
- Order of the Phoenix will be released for the holiday season of 2006.
- Goblet of Fire is the first installment in which Universal VP Gale Anne Hurd was fully involved. Prisoner of Azkaban was in post-production when she and Kevin Feige left 20th Century-Fox and over Universal from Brian Grazer and Ron Howard.

Logo Trivia
- Goblet of Fire is the first Harry Potter installment to open with the NBC peacock which acts as the de-facto logo for Peacock Releasing. Here, we see the short version introduced in DreamWorks' Just Like Heaven, in which the feathers of the peacock fade in one-by-one before the body and white stroke fade in. As was the case in Just Like Heaven, a recording of the Rangertone chimes is the only sound heard in the Peacock Releasing logo. The peacock then zooms in towards the viewer before cross-dissolving into the first arc of light in the Universal logo accompanied by the film's opening theme.​

Early CBS/Columbia Pictures Home Video releases of the show featured this Magic Window logo, also seen on VHS releases of Nintendo and Hasbro's early collaborations with TriStar and Nelvana, Popples, 1966 Batman movie and series, UPA cartoons, Superfriends, Galaxy High, Dinosaucers, the Care Bears film and TV series and the Beany and Cecil franchise. The English anime dubs that got the Magic Window treatment were Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Winds of Change, Angie Girl and Wild Swans.​
I see that Magic Window has more variety in their releases, thanks to butterflies. I'd personally check out the UPA, Nintendo, and Galaxy High releases from them.

But as for the anime dubs, isn't Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors technically an American cartoon, not an anime dub? Or did you have a brainfart caused by the catchy-as-heck opening?

But the other three, I wonder what they are dubs of, exactly.
ITTL, CBS/Columbia still made Magic Window tapes of He-Man, but the rights later transferred to Turner Home Entertainment after Ted bought Ruby-Spears. He-Man himself is still owned by Mattel. And of course, Ghostbusters is owned ITTL by Paramount.

Columbia-TriStar plans to bring this logo back for titles licensed to Limited Run, LLC.
So, if Limited Run is getting in touch with Disney and Columbia, then this might be one of the many things I would pay for interdimensional travel to witness.
h_chickenlittle_mobile_19875_dec75e5b.jpeg

Chicken Little
Released by Touchstone Pictures on November 4, 2005

Pixar Animation Studios

Voice Talents
Same as OTL except for Morkupine Porcupine who is voiced ITTL by Eric Bauza.​
Good news? This movie might actually be good with it being a Pixar release ITTL.

The okay news? Even if this doesn't turn out well, at least it can get a nostalgic following a la the first Cars film.

Aside from that, having Morkupine actually earn his spot on the DVD cover would be nice.

That, and an animated series based on the action-based movie at the very end. That would be great to corner the DC Comics market at CBS.

But as for the anime dubs, isn't Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors technically an American cartoon, not an anime dub? Or did you have a brainfart caused by the catchy-as-heck opening?
I had actually seen an OTL tape of Jayce on eBay which was in fact released by Magic Window. So yeah, it was a mistake on my part.

At the time Jayce was made, DiC was still collaborating with other studios, including with Paramount on the early years of the Ghostbusters cartoon. DiC did not become vertically integrated into the Saban conglomerate until maybe five years after that show was made. In case you're wondering, Jayce aired on USA as part of the Cartoon Express in Fall 1985 and Spring 1986.