As Dreamers Do Part Deux

And I Hope Sometime in the Future the NBA will expand to Oklahoma City thanks to Hurricane Katrina and maybe we want to get a team in Las Vegas.

6. Please don’t move the SuperSonics if OKC ends up successful for the Jazz.

Clay-Bennett.jpg

Clay Bennett (Owner of the NHL Oklahoma Twisters and WLAF Oklahoma Outlaws)
"How much do you want for the Seattle Supersonics? Here in OKC, the line for Jazz tickets is two blocks long. We're looking at a sold out Ford Center for all 41 games."

Jerry-West.jpg

Jerry West (NBA Commissioner)
"How about an expansion franchise for 30% off?"​

Airport 2005 (2005 Film)
7fedc4685c8c563197d551aefaa939bb65ecb7e33a6c9e318e557a21a43d7fa1._SX1080_.jpg

Airport 2005

Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on September 9, 2005.
A soft reboot of the Airport franchise.

Cast and Crew
Same as the OTL 2005 film Flightplan.

Logo Info: Airport 2005 is the first to feature the NBC logo which is meant to represent Peacock Releasing. First, we see a 2D digital revamp of the Laramie Peacock bumper (below; left), which morphs into the current peacock which NBC has used since 1986 without any accompanying text (below; right). The music for Peacock Releasing's new logo was composed by John Williams, who incorporated not only Jack Easton's original Laramie Peacock jingle into the melody, but also the iconic three note chimes. On Airport 2005, the Peacock is followed soon after by the Universal logo with its normal Jerry Goldsmith fanfare.

This is similar to Sony having its own logo precede the Columbia or TriStar logos since 2014 IOTL.
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Jimmy Kimmel Katrina Monologue (2005)
Excerpt from Jimmy Kimmel Live
Aired on ABC on August 30, 2005

6010f7892500002a191d5f89.png

Jimmy Kimmel
"Hi. I'm Jimmy Kimmel. Tonight's guest was to have been Billy Ray Cyrus, whose daughter will be starring on a new live action sitcom for Nickelodeon. Instead, we don't have a studio audience and there will be no jokes tonight, because from my point of view, a comedy show would've been in poor taste in light of the tragedy that has struck New Orleans and other parts of the Gulf Coast."

"In the coming days, you'll probably hear some of my counterparts on other networks lend their support to Gus St. Pierre, who lost two of his distant cousins in the hurricane. But you have plenty of reason to question the sincerity of my rivals' condolences, because eleven years ago, Jay Leno on The Late Show cracked a slew of tasteless jokes about Gus's siblings and basically dismissed all the pedophilia and incest that happened in the Kricfalusi household as '...a bunch of rednecks having a cookout.' Those were Jay's words."

"Then there's Letterman, who in 1998, asked Gus to his face which of his younger sisters he planned to marry while Gus appeared on The Tonight Show ahead of the release of Pleasantville."

"And I'm sure Conan on Late Night probably has some second thoughts about the time in he had Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ask Gus in '97 if he and Devon Sawa were gay lovers."

"And you, Lorne Michaels, have a lot to answer for about that SNL sketch in '95 where you staged John Kricfalusi killing Colette in that parody of Hitchcock's Psycho."

"I've also got a message for Jim Rome. You can't use this hurricane as an excuse to root for the Saints to simply leave the city they've called home since 1967. It's not that easy. Taking the Saints out of New Orleans will send a message that the current situation is hopeless. While this hurricane has proved devastating, you blatantly underestimate the optimism and hope that the rest of us have for the community to recover."​

Jimmy Kimmel
"Hi. I'm Jimmy Kimmel. Tonight's guest was to have been Billy Ray Cyrus, whose daughter will be starring on a new live action sitcom for Nickelodeon. Instead, we don't have a studio audience and there will be no jokes tonight, because from my point of view, a comedy show would've been in poor taste in light of the tragedy that has struck New Orleans and other parts of the Gulf Coast."​
So Hannah Montana will be on Nickelodeon ITTL?

I would have rather for it to have been a cartoon, but I guess HM is one of those things you can't any significant change to.
"In the coming days, you'll probably hear some of my counterparts on other networks lend their support to Gus St. Pierre, who lost two of his distant cousins in the hurricane. But you have plenty of reason to question the sincerity of my rivals' condolences, because eleven years ago, Jay Leno on The Late Show cracked a slew of tasteless jokes about Gus's siblings and basically dismissed all the pedophilia and incest that happened in the Kricfalusi household as '...a bunch of rednecks having a cookout.' Those were Jay's words."

"Then there's Letterman, who in 1998, asked Gus to his face which of his younger sisters he planned to marry while Gus appeared on The Tonight Show ahead of the release of Pleasantville."

"And I'm sure Conan on Late Night probably has some second thoughts about the time in he had Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ask Gus in '97 if he and Devon Sawa were gay lovers."

"And you, Lorne Michaels, have a lot to answer for about that SNL sketch in '95 where you staged John Kricfalusi killing Colette in that parody of Hitchcock's Psycho."
These jokes are....

Do I even need to say it?

They're messed up, and that's the best I could say without potentially getting kicked.....

Also ouch to Gus.....

As if Gus hasn't already lost various family members....

I hope he gets better.
"I've also got a message for Jim Rome. You can't use this hurricane as an excuse to root for the Saints to simply leave the city they've called home since 1967. It's not that easy. Taking the Saints out of New Orleans will send a message that the current situation is hopeless. While this hurricane has proved devastating, you blatantly underestimate the optimism and hope we all have for the community to recover."​
Yeah, you should at least keep some of the spirit of New Orleans.

Oldnavy do you remamber me telling you about the neaver released brenden frasser and marlon brando animated movie big bug man. you seamed intersed when i brought it up. it was suppose to come out in 2006 otl and moved back to 2008 beofre it was canccled. So if come out atl it should come out in 2006. If you wnat i can write a plot summary

Oldnavy do you remamber me telling you about the neaver released brenden frasser and marlon brando animated movie big bug man. you seamed intersed when i brought it up. it was suppose to come out in 2006 otl and moved back to 2008 beofre it was canccled. So if come out atl it should come out in 2006. If you wnat i can write a plot summary
Please send it to me in a private message. Thanks.

@WB18 @TheMatthew25 @stratonapba

In case you're wondering, Len Dawson is still host of Inside the NFL on HBO as of 2005 ITTL.

As of August 12, 2022 IOTL, he has been placed in hospice care.
Damn, get well soon Lenny.

Jimmy Kimmel
"Hi. I'm Jimmy Kimmel. Tonight's guest was to have been Billy Ray Cyrus, whose daughter will be starring on a new live action sitcom for Nickelodeon. Instead, we don't have a studio audience and there will be no jokes tonight, because from my point of view, a comedy show would've been in poor taste in light of the tragedy that has struck New Orleans and other parts of the Gulf Coast."​
Hannah Montana on Nick? Color me interested.

That is just despicable to make Jokes like that about something very serious.
"I've also got a message for Jim Rome. You can't use this hurricane as an excuse to root for the Saints to simply leave the city they've called home since 1967. It's not that easy. Taking the Saints out of New Orleans will send a message that the current situation is hopeless. While this hurricane has proved devastating, you blatantly underestimate the optimism and hope that the rest of us have for the community to recover."​
I know hashtags weren’t a thing back then but…

#NewOrleansStrong.

Clay-Bennett.jpg

Clay Bennett (Owner of the NHL Oklahoma Twisters and WLAF Oklahoma Outlaws)
"How much do you want for the Seattle Supersonics? Here in OKC, the line for Jazz tickets is two blocks long. We're looking at a sold out Ford Center for all 41 games."

Jerry-West.jpg

Jerry West (NBA Commissioner)
"How about an expansion franchise for 30% off?"​
NBA 36 huh? For cities i’d go with OKC (obviously), Las Vegas (another obvious pick), Memphis/Nashville (pick your favorite between the two) and somewhere back east (Buffalo, Montreal, Pittsburgh, maybe Virginia Beach)

An Emotional Plea at Black Rock
gettyimages-1012221594-h_2019.jpg

CBS Headquarters
New York City

September 14, 2005
At the office of John S. Hendricks.

7e867b24-3b52-407d-be16-2c019d883390.jpg

Jay Leno (Host of The Late Show)
"You can't fire me over jokes I told ten years ago!"

0706_john_hendricks.jpg

John S. Hendricks (Chairman of CBS Discovery)
"Actually, yes we can. Tisch and Moonves let you off the hook too long. I'm the new sheriff in town."​

2005-06 Saturday Morning Schedule
Here is the 2005-06 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment and Mitch Musso
8:00 The Backyardigans (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 The Suite Life with Zack and Cody (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
9:00 Drake and Josh (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
9:30 Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Hanna-Barbera)
10:00 Ben 10 (Hanna-Barbera)
10:30 The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Hannah Montana (Touchstone Television) [Live action]

11:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
12:00 My Gym Partner's A Monkey (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 King Arthur's Disasters (Cosgrove-Hall and HBEurope)

CBS (All programming distributed by Columbia-TriStar Television)

8:00 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
8:30 Tutenstein (Porchlight; Discovery)
9:00 GI Joe: Sigma 6 (Nelvana)
9:30 Wayside (Nelvana)
10:00 Flight 29 Down (Columbia-TriStar Television) [Live action]

10:30 Justice League Unlimited (Screen Gems)
11:00 Krypto the Supderdog (Screen Gems)
11:30 Time Warp Trio (Nelvana)
12:00 Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (Nelvana)
12:30 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)

NBC (Nothin' But Cool)
8:00 Lazytown (RKO) [Live action]
8:30 Peppa Pig (RKO)
9:00 The X's (MWS/RKO)
9:30 Atomic Betty (RKO)
10:00 6teen (RKO)
10:30 One Piece (Lionsgate)
11:00 Cyberchase (RKO)
11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]

SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Power Rangers: Mystic Force (New Line Cinema) [Live action]
9:00 WITCH (New Line Cinema)
9:30 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Squirrel Boy (New Line Cinema)
11:30 Trollz (New Line Cinema)

12:00 Liberty's Kids (New Line Cinema)
12:30 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]

Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series
8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 The Buzz on Maggie
9:30 American Dragon: Jake Long

10:00 Naruto (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
10:30 The Emperor's New School
11:00 The Backstreet Project [Reruns; brought back to commemorate the release of the Now or Never and Never Gone albums]
11:30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
12:00 Casper and Molly McGee
12:30 The Proud Family

UPN
8:00 Arthur (Paramount)
8:30 Maya and Miguel (Paramount)
9:00 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal) [Reruns]
9:30 Bratz (Paramount)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)
11:00 Creepschool (Universal)
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)

MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (Warner Bros.)
9:30 Berenstain Bears (Warner Bros.)

10:00 Duck Dodgers (Warner Bros.)
10:30 Johnny Test (Warner Bros.)
11:00 Loonatics Unleashed (Warner Bros.)

11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]

New shows in BOLD

Let me know which shows you would watch this year.

Also, because of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans affiliates of each network are currently borrowing offices from fellow stations in Baton Rouge, LA, Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS. Meanwhile in New Orleans, FEMA and the National Guard have outfitted the city with backup generators until the proper utility companies can fully restore power to the area.

Here is the 2005-06 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment and Mitch Musso
8:00 The Backyardigans (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 The Suite Life with Zack and Cody (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
9:00 Drake and Josh (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
9:30 Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Hanna-Barbera)
10:00 Ben 10 (Hanna-Barbera)
10:30 The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Hannah Montana (Touchstone Television) [Live action]

11:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
12:00 My Gym Partner's A Monkey (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 King Arthur's Disasters (Cosgrove-Hall and HBEurope)
Ok. Cool. What happened to Megas XLR? Did it move to Nickelodeon or Nexus?

So now with most major Disney Channel shows airing here instead, I wonder what Disney Channel would have to air ITTL.
CBS (All programming distributed by Columbia-TriStar Television)
8:00 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
8:30 Tutenstein (Porchlight; Discovery)
9:00 GI Joe: Sigma 6 (Nelvana)
9:30 Wayside (Nelvana)
10:00 Flight 29 Down (Columbia-TriStar Television) [Live action]

10:30 Justice League Unlimited (Screen Gems)
11:00 Krypto the Supderdog (Screen Gems)
11:30 Time Warp Trio (Nelvana)
12:00 Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (Nelvana)
12:30 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)
Nice. Is GI Joe: Sigma 6 still the same anime co-production except with Nelvana and Columbia doing it with Studio Gonzo instead of 4Kids?
NBC (Nothin' But Cool)
8:00 Lazytown (RKO) [Live action]
8:30 Peppa Pig (RKO)
9:00 The X's (MWS/RKO)
9:30 Atomic Betty (RKO)
10:00 6teen (RKO)
10:30 One Piece (Lionsgate)
11:00 Cyberchase (RKO)
11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
I'm very surprised One Piece is still here and not moved exclusively to Cartoon Network's Toonami like it was IOTL...
SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Power Rangers: Mystic Force (New Line Cinema) [Live action]
9:00 WITCH (New Line Cinema)
9:30 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Squirrel Boy (New Line Cinema)
11:30 Trollz (New Line Cinema)

12:00 Liberty's Kids (New Line Cinema)
12:30 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
Does the reruns actually get ratings???

I have a few show ideas for 2006. I'll eventually tell you about them in a conversation.
Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series
8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 The Buzz on Maggie
9:30 American Dragon: Jake Long

10:00 Naruto (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
10:30 The Emperor's New School
11:00 The Backstreet Project [Reruns; brought back to commemorate the release of the Now or Never and Never Gone albums]
11:30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
12:00 Casper and Molly McGee
12:30 The Proud Family
Ok. At least The Backstreet Project has a reason for the reruns.
UPN
8:00 Arthur (Paramount)
8:30 Maya and Miguel (Paramount)
9:00 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal) [Reruns]
9:30 Bratz (Paramount)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)
11:00 Creepschool (Universal)
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)
So Maya and Miguel is on UPN?

Intriguing...
MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (Warner Bros.)
9:30 Berenstain Bears (Warner Bros.)

10:00 Duck Dodgers (Warner Bros.)
10:30 Johnny Test (Warner Bros.)
11:00 Loonatics Unleashed (Warner Bros.)

11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]
Ok....

If anything, given OTL's criticisms of Coconut Fred, Johnny Test and Loonatics (but at least Johnny Test was a success), I probably wouldn't even pay this network no attention at all.
New shows in BOLD

Let me know which shows you would watch this year.

Also, because of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans affiliates of each network are currently borrowing offices from fellow stations in Baton Rouge, LA, Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS. Meanwhile in New Orleans, FEMA and the National Guard have outfitted the city with backup generators until the proper utility companies can fully restore power to the area.
Ok.

Overall, quite nice.

gettyimages-1012221594-h_2019.jpg

CBS Headquarters
New York City

September 14, 2005
At the office of John S. Hendricks.

7e867b24-3b52-407d-be16-2c019d883390.jpg

Jay Leno (Host of The Late Show)
"You can't fire me over jokes I told ten years ago!"

0706_john_hendricks.jpg

John S. Hendricks (Chairman of CBS Discovery)
"Actually, yes we can. Tisch and Moonves let you off the hook too long. I'm the new sheriff in town."​
Ooh boy, this is gonna be interesting...

Entertainment News for Mid-September 2005
Entertainment News for Mid-September 2005

In the Oval Office, President Weinstein publicly chews out FEMA director Brown over slow Katrina recovery efforts.
- CNN

Lisa Guerrero: "After a five day bereavement period, Gus St. Pierre returns to Vancouver to rejoin the cast and crew of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, slated for a Summer 2006 release. When I asked Gus about his decision to return, he recalled the words of his late uncle Andre Boudreaux, who died five years ago after falling into a diabetic coma."

Gus St. Pierre (Remy LeBeau/Gambit): "When I was a little boy, Uncle Andre used to say to me that there would be times in life when I would get knocked down and that I would need to learn how to get back up and keep fighting."
- Inside Edition

When old video footage resurfaced of Jay Leno cracking pedophilia, incest and redneck stereotype jokes at the expense of the Boudreaux and St. Pierre families on 1995 episodes of The Late Show, CBS unceremoniously fired Leno. One day later, the Crimson Chin, as he is sometimes known, is fighting back in a New York courtroom, filing a wrongful termination suit with CBS Discovery chairman John Hendricks as the lead defendant.
- Access Hollywood

Craig Ferguson will serve as interim host of The Late Show while Jay Leno's court battle with CBS is still pending.
- CNN

Disney honors Rachel Stone-Abbott's request for the proceeds from DVD and VHS sales of Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego to be donated to the Legendary Foundation's Relief Fund to help Katrina victims. The home media release is scheduled for October 18.
- The Hollywood Reporter

The Sports Page

In Week 1 of the NFL season, the Saints played the Marauders at Baltimore's Legendary Field at Camden Yards with New Orleans acting as the home team. Now, the Saints will likely play the rest of their planned home games at the Dome at America's Center. The question of when or if they'll return to New Orleans is anyone's guess.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Demand for New Orleans Jazz tickets in Oklahoma City overwhelms the Ford Center ticket windows.
- The Oklahoman