As Dreamers Do Part Deux

tumblr_static_wizart_s_the_snow_queen_logo.png

The Snow Queen
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on April 1, 2005
A remake of Walt Disney, Sr.'s 1980 film.

Directed by
Tim Fywell

Screenplay by
Linda Woolverton

Music by
Brian Tyler

Themes from the 1980 version written by
Buddy Baker

Songs from the 1980 version written by
Joe Raposo

Main Cast
Trevor Blumas as Kai
Michelle Trachtenberg as Gerda
Freddie Starr as the voice of Olaf
Thora Birch as Anna the Robber Girl
Maggie Smith as Grandma Dagmar
Scarlett Johansson as Elsa the Snow Queen
Robert Englund as Morningstar
Jeff Goldblum as Viktor, King of Arendelle
Kim Cattrall as Ingrid, Queen of Arendelle

Linda Woolverton on scripting the remake:
"I saw the original at the Chinese Theatre back in 1980. Except I remember how the unnecessary 'fanservice' of Elsa in that leotard made me cringe. Junior agreed that we should leave that out when he announced the remake and it came time for me to type the screenplay."

Freddie Starr on returning for the remake:
"When Junior called me about the remake, I said yes right away."​
Other than the leotard for Elsa being likely down played here, wonder what other differences are in this version? Interesting to see what Freddie Starr might get away with here for I did have in my own head canon for the original Snow Queen ITTL that Olaf is like at first a stereotype English butler character putting on the accent only for when he finds himself in a desperate situation that Starr's Scouse accent slips out which kinda of makes him look a bit for fraud in a humorous sense, haha!

Anyway, Interesting to see when we get to Alice in Wonderland of how the remake will differ from the OTL remake too.

Other than the leotard for Elsa being likely down played here, wonder what other differences are in this version? Interesting to see what Freddie Starr might get away with here for I did have in my own head canon for the original Snow Queen ITTL that Olaf is like at first a stereotype English butler character putting on the accent only for when he finds himself in a desperate situation that Starr's Scouse accent slips out which kinda of makes him look a bit for fraud in a humorous sense, haha!

Anyway, Interesting to see when we get to Alice in Wonderland of how the remake will differ from the OTL remake too.

Yeah the leotard is downplayed a ton in the remake. Of course, grown men who saw the 1980 original complained about the lack of skin in the 2005 version.

Amazing job @OldNavy1988 on the Snow Queen remake! But let's do a rollout of other spring 2005 movies before we get to Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith (Steven Spielberg directs TTL). But Gary Ross will direct War of the Worlds, a remake of the 1953 film for Paramount Pictures.

Any other questions or comments before we proceed?
Will Bleach, Hikaru No Go, The Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21 and M.A.R. and some other anime still be dubbed ITTL?

If so, then I have a good idea for where some of these could air:

Bleach = Toonami
Hikaru No Go = Toon Disney
The Prince of Tennis = Toon Disney
Eyeshield 21 = Nickelodeon
M.A.R. = Nickelodeon
Blue Dragon = Nickelodeon
Zatch Bell! = SBC
Bobobo-Bobobo = SBC
Pretty Cure = SBC
Samurai Champloo = Adult Swim
Gungrave = Adult Swim
Peacemaker Kurogane = Adult Swim
s-CRY-ED = Toonami
Detective Conan = Cartoon Network (NOT ON TOONAMI NOR ADULT SWIM) CN Primetime would be the perfect slot for it.
Fruits Basket = Miguzi
Angelic Layer = Nezumi(Disney Channel)
Kodocha = Nezumi (Disney Channel)
Mermaid Melody = Nickelodeon
Doraemon (2005) = Toon Disney

I have ideas for other anime, but this is the best I could do for now....

I do have one request: if the 2010 film Legion is still made as OTL, instead of Jeanette Miller, have Betty White play the demonic old woman--it'd be a shock to audiences who watched her in The Golden Girls (but not to anyone who saw her in Lake Placid)...

I do have one request: if the 2010 film Legion is still made as OTL, instead of Jeanette Miller, have Betty White play the demonic old woman--it'd be a shock to audiences who watched her in The Golden Girls (but not to anyone who saw her in Lake Placid)...
Having Betty play a role like that might be too much of a shock.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005 Film)
55c22fb8371d222e008bd056

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Released by 20th Century-Fox on May 19, 2005

Produced in association with
Amblin Entertainment

Directed by
Steven Spielberg

Screenplay by
Lawrence Kasdan
David Koepp

Based upon characters created by
George Lucas

Music by
John Williams

Main Cast
Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi
Heath Ledger as Anakin Skywalker
Natalie Portman as Padme
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Galen Marek/Darth Vader
Terence Stamp as Isaac Constantine
Ian MacDiarmid as Darth Sidious
Tim Roth as Sheev Palpatine
Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa
Christopher Lee as Count Dooku
Genevieve O'Reilly as Mon Mothma
Rohan Nichol as Captain Antilles
Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
Temuera Morrison as Commander Cody
Wayne Pygram as Young Wilhuff Tarkin
Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka
Silas Carson as Viceroy Nute Gunray
"Weird Al" Yankovic as Jar Jar Binks
Kenny Baker as R2-D2
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Frank Oz performing Yoda
Matthew Wood as the voice of General Grievous
James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vader

Notes
- Revenge of the Sith is the first Star Wars film to receive a T rating from the MPAA.
- Ahsoka's unfair expulsion from the Jedi order and the formation of the Rebel Alliance are key plot points.
- Sidious manipulates the senate to install Constantine as his puppet emperor.
- Galen's first act after turning to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader is to carry out Order 66.
- Galen's betrayal and murder of Anakin occurs on Mustafar right before Galen duels with Ben.
- Padme gives birth to Luke and Nellith Skywalker in secrecy. Ben takes Luke to Tattooine while Nellith goes with Sheev.
- Revenge of the Sith would be the last installment to be released on VHS.​

Where are they now? (May 2005)
Where are they now? May 2005 edition

George Lucas

At age 61, George is still vice president of Amblin Entertainment and a single dad to Amanda, Katie and Jett. As of 2005, George for the most part is pretty pleased with Steven Spielberg's handling of the Star Wars franchise. When Rachel Stone-Abbott declined Columbia-TriStar's offer to relaunch the Theo and Gretchen franchise, George wrote her a letter. While he appreciated her not wanting to work on the project without his involvement, he still wished she went forward with it because he still felt the sting of being unfairly blamed by CBS management for the show getting blown out of the water by the original TMNT on Fox. Today, George will finally get a second chance with the franchise as new CBS Discovery chairman John Hendricks (founder of the Discovery Channel) has appointed Michael Uslan and Amy Pascal to replace Sherry Lansing at Columbia-TriStar.

Craig Kupp
Played in the WLAF for the Baltimore Ravens from 1992 until 2000. Off the field, he is a proud papa of two boys, Cooper, 12, and Ketner, 8.

Reggie Miller
Played for the Indiana Pacers from 1987 until 2002. The final year, the only one under controversial head coach Bob Knight, was the final straw for Miller in Indiana. In the 2002 offseason, he signed as a free agent with the Phoenix Suns, joining Paul Gasol and Steve Nash and eventually winning a ring over the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2004 Finals.

Peter Laird
Expressing a desire to pursue other interests, Laird sold his remaining stake of the TMNT franchise. More recently, Laird has been hired by MCA Holdings to run Archie Comics and its Gemini imprint.

Hillary Rodham
Following her divorce from Bill Clinton (D-AR), Rodham unsuccessfully ran for president against Harvey Weinstein in 2000.

Bob Weinstein
Harvey handed Miramax 2.0 to Bob and Phil Anschutz after winning the 2000 Presidential Election.

Dan Schneider
Current head of kids' programming at AEG TV. Under Schneider's command, AEG TV's child actor talent pool is made up of kids coming from white working-class or rural backgrounds similar to that of Greg Rhodes in the Eighties and Gus St. Pierre in the Nineties.

Alphy Hoffman
The notorious owner of the Soda Pop Club, and the man who got Greg Rhodes hooked on heroin. Now in Supermax where he belongs.

Where are they now? May 2005 edition

George Lucas

At age 61, George is still vice president of Amblin Entertainment and a single dad to Amanda, Katie and Jett. As of 2005, George for the most part is pretty pleased with Steven Spielberg's handling of the Star Wars franchise. When Rachel Stone-Abbott declined Columbia-TriStar's offer to relaunch the Theo and Gretchen franchise, George wrote her a letter. While he appreciated her not wanting to work on the project without his involvement, he still wished she went forward with it because he still felt the sting of being unfairly blamed by CBS management for the show getting blown out of the water by the original TMNT on Fox. Today, George will finally get a second chance with the franchise as new CBS Discovery chairman John Hendricks (founder of the Discovery Channel) has appointed Michael Uslan and Amy Pascal to replace Sherry Lansing at Columbia-TriStar.
What's Theo and Gretchen again?
Craig Kupp
Played in the WLAF for the Baltimore Ravens from 1992 until 2000. Off the field, he is a proud papa of two boys, Cooper, 12, and Ketner, 8.

Reggie Miller
Played for the Indiana Pacers from 1987 until 2002. The final year, the only one under controversial head coach Bob Knight, was the final straw for Miller in Indiana. In the 2002 offseason, he signed as a free agent with the Phoenix Suns, joining Paul Gasol and Steve Nash and eventually winning a ring over the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2004 Finals.
Ok.....
Peter Laird
Expressing a desire to pursue other interests, Laird sold his remaining stake of the TMNT franchise. More recently, Laird has been hired by MCA Holdings to run Archie Comics and its Gemini imprint.
Cool!
Hillary Rodham
Following her divorce from Bill Clinton (D-AR), Rodham unsuccessfully ran for president against Harvey Weinstein in 2000.

Bob Weinstein
Harvey handed Miramax 2.0 to Bob and Phil Anschutz after winning the 2000 Presidential Election.
Ok.....
Dan Schneider
Current head of kids' programming at AEG TV. Under Schneider's command, AEG TV's child actor talent pool is made up of kids coming from white working-class or rural backgrounds similar to that of Greg Rhodes in the Eighties and Gus St. Pierre in the Nineties.
Oh no...........

This ain't gonna end well at all.......
Alphy Hoffman
The notorious owner of the Soda Pop Club, and the man who got Greg Rhodes hooked on heroin. Now in Supermax where he belongs.
Great!

Supermax, why does that sound like a name for a potential Cinemax spin-off channel?