As Dreamers Do Part Deux

The Village (2004 Film)
the-village-m-night-shyamalan-5421126-1280-720.jpg

The Village
Released by New Line Cinema on July 2, 2004

Produced by
Blinding Edge Pictures

Notes
The unnecessary twist ending is left out of this film IOTL.

The film was preceded by trailers for the following:
Shezow (Hollywood Pictures in association with Dark Horse and Syncopy)
Batman: Year One (Columbia/DC Comics; Darren Aronofsky)
National Treasure (Disney/Bruckheimer/Legendary)
King Kong (RKO/Peter Jackson)
PvX: Requiem (Warner Bros/Carolco)
Superman Triumphant (Columbia/DC Comics; Tim Burton)
The Aviator (United Artists; Martin Scorsese)​

Big Fish (2004 Film)
Big-Fish-7_8-Movie-CLIP-Field-of-Daffodils-2003-HD-2-5-screenshot.jpg

Big Fish
Released by Lionsgate on July 2, 2004.

Notes
Tim Burton had originally set up Big Fish at Universal, but the film was put in turnaround after the failure of The Cat in the Hat torpedoed Universal's treasury for a short while.​

And in case anyone is wondering, Big Fish is the first title ITTL to feature this Lionsgate logo below:

And the horror variant that'll open Saw later this year:

Before we get to the Entertainment News for July 2004, are there any questions or comments?
Yes. But it was nice and glad that Disney's remake of Sleeping Beauty, in conjunction with Dylan Sellers and Legendary Pictures, will have Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray as leads. Other 2004 films are on the way was Carolco's (OTL 20th Century-Fox made the film) I, Robot (Will Smith had a contract agreement with Warner Bros. in a picture deal resulting from Men in Black's success), Universal's Blue Beetle and Lionsgate's (OTL Columbia/Revolution Studios made the film) Kidnapping of a Daughter (OTL title is The Forgotten).

Logo History: The Terminator Franchise
When The Terminator was released in 1984, the film originally began with the Hemdale logo:

Around 1985 or '86, Hemdale was absorbed by New Line Cinema, who released T2 in 1991.

In September of 1994, New Line created a CGI version of their Filmbox logo which was plastered on early VHS prints of The Mask.

A more polished version of the CGI Filmbox logo would debut in December of 1994. This New Line logo's first appearance in the Terminator franchise was T3 in 2001.
Note: ITTL, the New Line logo above carries the Saban byline as of Spring 2000.​

Sleeping Beauty (2004 Remake)
Maleficent-2014-1.jpg

Sleeping Beauty
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on July 9, 2004

A remake of Walt Disney, Sr.'s 1959 film.

Produced in association with
Legendary Pictures
Amblin Entertainment

Directed by
Mark Rosman

Screenplay by
Linda Woolverton
Simon Kinberg

Music by
James Horner

Themes from the 1959 version composed by
George Bruns; Based on Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty ballet

Main Cast
Hilary Duff as Aurora/Briar Rose
Chad Michael Murray as Prince Phillip
Angelina Jolie as Maleficent
Bernadette Peters as Flora
Whoopi Goldberg as Fauna
Betty White as Merriweather
Pierce Brosnan as King Stephen
William Shatner as King Hubert
Linda Hamilton as Queen Leah​

How do you like the timeline so far?
Very good. But to @OldNavy1988, I want to see Carolco/Warner Bros.' I, Robot, Universal's Blue Beetle, Carolco/Warner Bros.' Predators vs. Xenomorph: Requiem, United Artists' remake of The Manchurian Candidate, Disney's The Princess Diaries 2 (TTL it was based on the second volume Princess in the Spotlight, written TTL by Daniel Abbott instead of OTL's Shonda Rhimes) and Hollywood Pictures' (OTL Columbia/Revolution made the movie) Little Black Book.

An Early Teaser for Beavis and Butt-Head: The Return of Cornholio, slated for release by United Artists in December of 2004.

Beavis (groaning): Oh no!

Butt-Head: What's the matter, Beavis? Huh-huh.

Beavis: It's the Bunghole Boys again!

Butt-Head (teasingly): You like this. Huh-Huh.

Beavis (annoyed): Shut up, assmunch! This video sucks! Huh-huh.

***I Want it That Way begins***

backstreet-boys-today-main-200212.jpg

Brian Littrell: You are my fire....

mqdefault.jpg

Beavis: Fire! Fire! Fire!

***Butt-Head proceeds to smack Beavis across the face***
37f.gif

***Beavis and Butt-Head theme kicks in***

Don LaFontaine (voiceover): Beavis and Butt-Head: Return of Cornholio. Coming this Christmas!

Butt-Head: Dumbass. Huh-Huh.​
"I am Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!"
Return of Cornholio.png

What going to happen to Greys Anatomy in this timeline cause I think it will premiere in 2005.
Maybe Rob Lowe as Shepard
Set in Shonda’s home city Chicago
And called either Surgeons or Complications

1. What's Hayden Christensen up to?
  2. What network does Thomas The Tank Engine air on in the UK?
  3. Is Phillip Seymour Hoffman still alive?
  4. Is there going be to a Syd Barrett movie Starring Andrew Garfield?
  5. Who's been the best Guest star on The Simpsons?
  6. Has Jack and the Pack been aired?
  7. Who do you think would be a good Narrator for Thomas The Tank Engine?
  8. Has Daniel Abbott ever seen Pink Floyd the wall?

Last edited:
Is Phillip Seymour Hoffman still alive?
When I saw that, I immediately thought of this:

As for if Hoffman is still alive, 2014 was when he died IOTL, so we're in 2004 currently ITTL, So hopefully he can get over his drug addiction. I'm not the one running this timeline, but still...

1. What's Hayden Christensen up to?
  2. Is Phillip Seymour Hoffman still alive?
Hayden Christensen is currently auditioning for Chris Nolan's live action adaptation of Shezow.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is still alive. I might have him play Lou Pearlman in a Backstreet Boys biopic later on in the TL.

1. Who's been the best Guest star on The Simpsons?
  2. Who do you think would be a good Narrator for Thomas The Tank Engine?
  3. Has Daniel Abbott ever seen Pink Floyd the wall?
ITTL we've had Stone Cole Steve Austin and Rikishi in the same episode in Season 10. Mike Judge has been a guest star on at least five occasions.

Sterling Holloway would've been perfect had Thomas debuted in Sterling's acting prime.

Yes, Daniel has indeed seen The Wall.

I love the 80's (TV Series)
maxresdefault.jpg

I Love the 80's
Airing nightly on VH1 since December 2002.

The format for VH1's I Love the Eighties is pretty much the same as OTL with a few differences:
1980: A entire segment devoted to The Snow Queen. Dee Snider and Hal Sparks discuss their fixation on the notorious closeups of Elsa's backside, especially in scenes depicting Elsa in her ice leotard.

1981: Captain America with Dennis Quaid.

1982: Daniel Abbott discusses working with mentor Richard Williams on The Thief and the Cobbler. Abbott later reveals how Frank Mancuso, Sr., then Paramount's chairman, tried to recut the film without notifying Williams.

1983: Urusei Yatsura debuts on HBO. Lum Invader is one of the "Babes of '83." Also, Huck's Landing gets its own segment on this episode with insight from Greg Rhodes. Tiffany Disney is part of the Born in '83 segment.

1984: Gavin Patel makes a surprise appearance to discuss his performance as the voice of Mowgli in The Jungle Book. Miles O'Keefe stops by to discuss his performance as The Mighty Thor.

1985: Iron Man with Alec Baldwin. Plus a segment devoted to the Fox Movietoon revival.

1986: VH1 is sold to Disney. Walter Lantz retires from animation with the release of An American Tail. The launch of the Fox network is part of the Born in '86 segment.

1987: Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures gets its own segment. Obie Scott Wade, a former Famous Studios storyboard artist, discusses the genesis of Femboy, the prototype of the Shezow character Wade later created with Mike Richardson and the Wachowskis.

1988: Ted Bundy colludes with Gorbachev to swing the '88 presidential election in his favor. Devon Abbott joins Haley Joel Osment, the Miami Heat and Nabisco's Teddy Grahams in the Born in '88 segment.

1989: The TMNT join the Fox lineup while The Simpsons spin off from The Tracey Ullman Show. New Line Cinema releases Weird Al's UHF movie. The USFL changes its name to the World League of American Football and adds five new franchises in Europe.​