As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

1: How have the DC Comics cartoons fared on CBS compared to the other shows on their Saturday Morning lineup?
2: Does Marvel still acquire Malibu Comics ITTL? If so, would MIB become a 20th Century Fox release?
I would pefer if Turner, Warner, NBC or Crown media buyout malibui comics

1: How have the DC Comics cartoons fared on CBS compared to the other shows on their Saturday Morning lineup?
2: Does Marvel still acquire Malibu Comics ITTL? If so, would MIB become a 20th Century Fox release?

I would pefer if Turner, Warner, NBC or Crown media buyout malibui comics
Malibu will definitely be bought by someone other than Marvel. Likely Pacific Comics, which TimeWarner owns, or it could be sold to Henson.

Malibu will definitely be bought by someone other than Marvel. Likely Pacific Comics, which TimeWarner owns, or it could be sold to Henson.
I Perfer Warner to Henson. That way jim kim form the underated dention cartoon will fantaie about the ultraverse instead of the dc heroes

Did Kings entertainment build canda's wonderland and Austirlia wonderland. They are mentioned on the six list on the last themepark list but i hope six kings will own them. I like the idea that next time six king builds an internatl park they would call it that county , region or city's wonderland

Does anybody like the idea of warner brothers building a park in Deorit Myrleytle beach ( I suggest builing it on the same ground as freestyle music park. The formmer tent of the ground was out of buissne by 2001 so it could open ealirer the freestyle ) Phoniex mephis (With operyland closing and liberity land outdated and sheudle to close in 2005 ) San Degio West yellostone wyoming (there a lot of land and tourist going to yellowstone may like another option) Austin Texas (i feel the texas triagne could support an othe park ) Or Portland

4th of July Box Office Fireworks
On July 2, 1997, two major film releases went head to head, ahead of the 4th of July holiday.

meninblack_blue.jpg

Men in Black
Released by Warner Bros. under the Carolco label.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

wild-america-1997-1.jpg

Wild America
Released by Touchstone Pictures

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Men in Black proved to be the more successful of the two, but was unable to unseat Endgame from the #1 spot at the box office, instead charting no higher than second.
- IOTL, Siskel and Ebert were extremely harsh in their negative review of Wild America.
- A special episode of Muppets Tonight was produced to promote Wild America. One segment featured Statler and Waldorf referring to one of the film's co-stars interchangeably as "Dijon Salami" or "Divine Swami." And of course, Fozzie misspells Scott Bairstow's last name as "Bearstow" for some reason.
- TimeWarner successfully made a bid to acquire Malibu Comics in 1995. The deal closed with only a month to spare before Men in Black's release. Now, TW's comic division will be known as Malibu Pacific or Pacific Malibu, whichever sounds better off the tongue.
- Mario Kassar stepped down from Carolco to join Frank Giustra at a new studio being formed in Vancouver. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald have been appointed by Warner Bros. chief Richard Donner to head Carolco going forward.
- Instead of the WB shield, Men in Black opens with the Carolco "Laser-Light C."​

Notes
- Men in Black proved to be the more successful of the two, but was unable to unseat Endgame from the #1 spot at the box office, instead charting no higher than second.​
Second place isn't bad when you're up against Avengers: Endgame.
- IOTL, Siskel and Ebert were extremely harsh in their negative review of Wild America.​
Are they more subdued in their negative review of the movie?
- A special episode of Muppets Tonight was produced to promote Wild America. One segment featured Statler and Waldorf referring to one of the film's co-stars interchangeably as "Dijon Salami" or "Divine Swami." And of course, Fozzie misspells Scott Bairstow's last name as "Bearstow" for some reason.​
All of this is par for the course for Muppet running gags.
- TimeWarner successfully made a bid to acquire Malibu Comics in 1995. The deal closed with only a month to spare before Men in Black's release. Now, TW's comic division will be known as Malibu Pacific or Pacific Malibu, whichever sounds better off the tongue.​
I think the title "Malibu Pacific" works best, especially since the real city of Malibu is a beachside town located near the Pacific Ocean.
- Mario Kassar stepped down from Carolco to join Frank Giustra at a new studio being formed in Vancouver. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald have been appointed by Warner Bros. chief Richard Donner to head Carolco going forward.​
And what would this new studio be?
- Instead of the WB shield, Men in Black opens with the Carolco "Laser-Light C."​
That honestly works. Plus, given how it spawned a kids cartoon on Kids WB that ran for four years ITTL from 1997 to 2001, having the show be made by Warner Bros. Animation could be their first dip into the action genre that didn't originate from Japan.

On July 2, 1997, two major film releases went head to head, ahead of the 4th of July holiday.

meninblack_blue.jpg

Men in Black
Released by Warner Bros. under the Carolco label.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL
Can we get Linda Florentino to return for MIB II? She definitely would have improved the movie. And I do like Malibu Pacific better.

Entertainment News for July 1997
Avengers: Endgame on pace to become the biggest box office hit since the first Jurassic Park.
- Variety

How long can WCW stay ahead of the WWA in TV ratings? Buy rates for this year's Bash at the Beach indicates WCW is just getting started.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Fox reports that the force is strong with early sales of the Star Wars Trilogy: Special Edition on VHS and Laserdisc. As for the original theatrical versions, Fox has lowered the price on box sets released two years ago with updated cover artwork.
- Billboard

Paramount Comics celebrates the 45th birthday of Mad Magazine with a new, italicized logo, added color features and a revamp of Spy vs. Spy.
- Wizard

Avengers: Endgame on pace to become the biggest box office hit since the first Jurassic Park.
- Variety

How long can WCW stay ahead of the WWA in TV ratings? Buy rates for this year's Bash at the Beach indicates WCW is just getting started.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Fox reports that the force is strong with early sales of the Star Wars Trilogy: Special Edition on VHS and Laserdisc. As for the original theatrical versions, Fox has lowered the price on box sets released two years ago with updated cover artwork.
- Billboard

Paramount Comics celebrates the 45th birthday of Mad Magazine with a new, italicized logo, added color features and a revamp of Spy vs. Spy.
- Wizard
Has parmount consider any cartoon based on thier comic division. A plastic man cartoon would probably do well