As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

October 1996 Movies
MV5BODkwODQyNDEtMjg4NS00MWYxLWJlNGUtNDg2MzY4OWI2ZjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM0ODAyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Panic in the Skies
Aired on Warner Freeform

MV5BOTU4NzYxZTMtYWRhNy00MDQ2LWJjMDAtMzI1MTViNTZmY2YzL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTEwNDYyNzk@._V1_.jpg

Thinner
Released by New Line Cinema

LJN8VXBjMLnzR2Th5QCZd1aPmQGBh0o4AIzzgZyozvT9dfmeBYeVV6Gl1_QAB7LKerH_CSFJ6fLOU-xKa4X00QkKFEkK6hSyWBqeyTwRaBldOI7nBQ=w720-h405-rw

Fly Away Home
Released by Columbia Pictures

MV5BN2MyNjJkY2QtNzQzMC00ZDRiLWJlNmQtNTBmZTRjZGI2MzZjL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE4MzAyNDk@._V1_.jpg

Alaska
Released by Golden Harvest​

Speaking of movies, what would be the studio to adapt Garfield into a major motion picture? My odds are on:
-Disney/Fox(Because of the OTL movies as well as Garfield and Friends airing on Toon Disney.)
-Columbia(Because they're owned by CBS, which G&F was a staple of for years.)
-Hollywood Pictures(Because Garfield has ties to the Bally theme parks.)

I could be wrong about my reasons, though.

Last edited:

kirbopher15

Kicked
Speaking of movies, what would be the studio to adapt Garfield into a major motion picture? My odds are on:
-Disney/Fox(Because of the OTL movies as well as Garfield and Friends airing on Toon Disney.)
-MGM/UA(Because of their ownership of CBS, which G&F was a staple of for years.)
-Hollywood Pictures(Because Garfield has ties to the Bally theme parks.)

I could be wrong about my reasons, though.
How about Warner bros

Walt Disney World 25th Anniversary
Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary Party
Aired on October 18, 1996 on Fox

SEGMENTS
- Main Street USA Rededication
with speeches given by Junior, Roy E. Disney and Frank Wells.
- A Behind the Scenes tour of each park on the resort, hosted by LeVar Burton.
- A segment which summarizes the resort's history, narrated by Robby Benson.
- A preview of Fox Sports World (Known IOTL as the ESPN Wide World of Sports), hosted by Mike "Doc" Emrick.
- A preview of Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers, Whipstaff Manor and The Addams Family Ride at Disney-Fox Studios, hosted by Rosie O'Donnell.
- Interviews with Tony Baxter and other notable Imagineers.

New Original Song
Remember the Magic performed by Gloria Estefan

- BONUS segment:
Robby Benson hosts a conversation with Keith Sharpe and Devon Sawa, the former and current voices of Casper.

Memorable quote by Keith Sharpe: "Kid, do you realize how lucky you are? The first cartoon I did the voice, Mr. Zanuck gave me five bucks, most of it my mother used to keep the lights on because I lost my father on D-Day."​

Will the election be the next post. I hope commu gets a second term. Late time we mention the primary McCain over took Winesinte. Did McCain get the nomination. If he did whose his running mate. Part of me I hope Mccain won't be dumb enough to winesitne as his runnig mate because McCain is one of the better republicans (He was a moderate and anit trump). On the other .hand like the idea of Winesine getting on the republican ticket and his woman abusing comming out during being the final nail in the republican coffin(the firs). I also like the idea of Ross perrot reform party becomes a major party. I that at least 2 other major party form to compete with the republican party and the democarts. If McCain dosn't chose winestine in 96 then perhaps Winestine gets on the republcain ticket in 2000. Also may be the democrat ticket in 2000 also gets in a scandal result in a victory for the refrom party in 2000

Let's do the films of November 1996. These are Romeo + Juliet (20th Century Fox), Ransom (Golden Harvest), Star Trek: First Contact (RKO), Space Jam (Warner Bros.), 101 Dalmatians (Disney; live-action remake), Adrenalin: Fear the Rush (Golden Harvest) and Jingle All the Way (New Line Cinema).

The Lorax (1996 Film)
@Duc4AlternateHistory I'll get to those soon, but please refrain from spamming the thread in the future. Thanks.

The Lorax
Released by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment on November 1, 1996.

Animation Produced by CMJ in association with Warner Bros. Animation.

Based on the book by
Dr. Seuss

Directed by
Chuck Jones

Produced by
Tom Ruegger
Linda Jones Clough

Written by
Paul Rugg
Earl Kress
Rusty Mills
Emily Chang

Music by
James Horner

Songs by
Joe Raposo

Voices
Richard Attenborough as the Narrator
Christopher Plummer as the Lorax
Mark Hamill as the Once-Ler
Devon Sawa as Ted
Christina Ricci as Audrey
June Foray as Grammy Norma
John Rhys Davies as Aloysius O'Hare
Ann Jillian as Mrs. Wiggins

Additional Voices
Alan Oppenheimer
Dan Castellaneta
Jim Cummings
Jess Harnell
Tara Charendoff
Russi Taylor

Notes
- The storyline is based on the OTL 2012 film.
- This was yet another Warner Bros. production that was put on hold when the studio's backlot was shut down from June of '94 till January of '95.
- The Lorax was supposed to go head to head with Toy Story in November of '95. But because of the aforementioned delay, the film was pushed back a year.​

@Duc4AlternateHistory I'll get to those soon, but please refrain from spamming the thread in the future. Thanks.

The Lorax
Released by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment on November 1, 1996.

Animation Produced by CMJ in association with Warner Bros. Animation.

Based on the book by
Dr. Seuss

Directed by
Chuck Jones

Produced by
Tom Ruegger
Linda Jones Clough

Written by
Paul Rugg
Earl Kress
Rusty Mills
Emily Chang

Music by
James Horner

Songs by
Joe Raposo

Voices
Richard Attenborough as the Narrator
Christopher Plummer as the Lorax
Mark Hamill as the Once-Ler
Devon Sawa as Ted
Christina Ricci as Audrey
June Foray as Grammy Norma
John Rhys Davies as Aloysius O'Hare
Ann Jillian as Mrs. Wiggins

Additional Voices
Alan Oppenheimer
Dan Castellaneta
Jim Cummings
Jess Harnell
Tara Charendoff
Russi Taylor

Notes
- The storyline is based on the OTL 2012 film.
- This was yet another Warner Bros. production that was put on hold when the studio's backlot was shut down from June of '94 till January of '95.
- The Lorax was supposed to go head to head with Toy Story in November of '95. But because of the aforementioned delay, the film was pushed back a year.​
Could the OTL Cut song "Biggering" be included here?

I vote for making the Baltic film about Togo instead. The dog who did most of the hardest parts of the race that was overshadowed in real life by Balto. Not to mentions Togo had many litters in real life. Possible sequel potential.
You had me at the possibility that justice will be served to the true story, but we all know people would overlook that if it means a franchise could be made from Togo's story.

You had me at the possibility that justice will be served to the true story, but we all know people would overlook that if it means a franchise could be made from Togo's story.
Honestly Togo's story sounds pretty well suited for an animated film. He was scrawny when he was young so it was doubtful he'd be a sled dog. He got sick. Didn't get along with other dogs. Picked a fight with a Lead dog he got badly hurt in and was sold but escaped and made the long journey to reunite with his master. Saved his whole team at least twice. Once by jumping into ice cold water to push the team to safety, and lived in luxury for most of the later part of his life, in addition to the puppies thing.

The Whackems (1996 TV Series)
Special thanks to @Anthony07

The Whackems
Launched on October 22, 1996 on Nickelodeon

Created by
Lilli Schreiber

Animation Produced by
Hanna-Barbera Canada (Vancouver, BC)

Voices
Carolyn Lawrence, Candi Milo and Lacey Chabert as Spinach, Magilli and Koyponde Whackem
Jason Marsden and Cree Summer as Rob and Jesse Montague
Danny Mann as Simon Sharron
Billy West and Kath Soucie as Miller and Minny Monroe
Rob Paulson as Derby Lee
Nancy Cartwright as Melissa Strode
Tress MacNeille as Elouise Boysen
Brianne Siddall as Melanie Porter
Carlos Alazraqui as Damien Reed
Christine Cavanaugh as Ingrid Beetz

Notes
This and Kablam are the newest Nicktoons. Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab are set to debut next year on Nick.​

The Whackems
Launched on October 22, 1996 on Nickelodeon
Voices
Carolyn Lawrence, Candi Milo and Lacey Chabert as Spinach, Magilli and Koyponde Whackem
Jason Marsden and Cree Summer as Rob and Jesse Montague
Danny Mann as Simon Sharron
Billy West and Kath Soucie as Miller and Minny Monroe
Rob Paulson as Derby Lee
Nancy Cartwright as Melissa Strode
Tress MacNeille as Elouise Boysen
Brianne Siddall as Melanie Porter
Carlos Alazraqui as Damien Reed
Christine Cavanaugh as Ingrid Beetz
Notes
This and Kablam are the newest Nicktoons. Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab are set to debut next year on Nick.​
1: This is a good show, but nothing too special as far as I'm aware.
2: Since this series is a Nicktoon while Hey Arnold! is on Saturday Mornings, would the football head last as long on television as he did IOTL?
3: Speaking of which, may I recommend launching the Friday Night Nicktoons block alongside the next three shows? It just seems fitting, after all.