As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Disney confirms that their Long Beach project is on hold as they turn their attention to bringing second gates to Tokyo and Anaheim.
- The Orange County Register

Paramount Communications inches closer to acquiring Cedar Fair.
- Reuters

Hasbro, Nintendo confirm they have extended their licensing deal with Universal Studios just in the nick of time as Comcast Recreational lays the groundwork for a second gate in Orlando.
- The Providence Journal

Six Kings confirms they are developing a theme park on the site of the former Hollywood Park race track in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, who recently opted out of their previous licensing deal with Universal Studios. Six Kings also recently extended its existing licensing agreement with Columbia-TriStar for the DC Comics characters.
- The Los Angeles Times

On the eve of completing the Carolco transaction, TimeWarner acquires both Namco USA and Knott's Berry Farm.
- The Detroit Free Press

The Sports Page
@farmerted555 @mrcubfan415 @stratonascar

Portland, Las Vegas and Kansas City are the frontrunners to lure the NHL's Calgary Broncos out of Alberta.
- The Hockey News

What little remains of the once-mighty Taft conglomerate has put the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals for sale, leaving the team vulnerable to a possible relocation to Nashville, St. Louis, Baltimore or Las Vegas.
- Sports Illustrated

In a special ballot, voters approve new ballparks for the Chargers and Padres. This comes after the wildly successful opening of the Qualcomm Center, home to the Mighty Ducks and Clippers.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

San Jose, Sacramento and even Salt Lake City are jockeying to roll out the welcome mat for the unhappy Los Angeles Raiders. Hopes of the Raiders moving back to Oakland were dashed last week when voters rejected a proposal to expand the existing Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. In recent years, Raider boss Al Davis has become increasingly frustrated with his team's inability to compete with the NFL Rams on the field and at the ticket window. Unwilling to share Amblin Field with the Rams, the Raiders have sought a facility of their own in multiple sites around Los Angeles County. The Irwindale proposal a few years ago came and went with the land sitting untouched. Now, Long Beach hopes to throw a Hail (Queen) Mary to woo the Raiders. While they wait, the NFL still plans to schedule the Raiders' home games for 1996 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where the team has played since 1982.
- ESPN's Outside the Lines
So have you decided what to do about Disney's second anhiem gate yet. If the Tokyo and anheim second gates are ment to open on the same say date it would seam poetic to me have disney ope a japaness themed gate in america if they are opening an american themed gate in japan on the same day.

It seams ironic that six kings and henson are teaming up because after heson bought out hanabra they dumped hanbara deal with six kings. I personally thought that the universal henson/hanbara deal was a bad idea. OTL the Hanbara Universal deal only result in a simaulator ride and character appernace. Kings island kept the hahbara untill 2005 otl when parmount decided they would they perfer have nickoldean centeral aborse hanbara land. Hab

1. Especially if you can get a proper Jazz club in said land. Especially since I've learned that the Japanese have a fondness for Jazz music.
  2. I was thinking that a ride based on historic whaling wouldn't fly in a post-Greenpeace era. Hence having the ride center around an attack by a fictitious giant squid monster instead.
  3. Pretty much what I was thinking. You have to move with the times. Especially when it comes to representing minority cultures.
  4. Disney's American Odyssey would need at least one major thrill ride. And the Denali coaster could be it.
  5. Maybe the Little Tokyo land could be next to a land based on Old Hollywood. Which would be well-suited with a ride that's a variation on The Great Movie Ride.
  6. I wasn't quite sure what premise would fit in that space, but a ride based on the history of the iconic statue itself could work.
  7. You'd have to be a madman to have a land themed after the Motor City without one car-based attraction. Maybe you could have the attraction be built in a building with the facade of the historic Packard plant in its heyday.
  8. Could it be possible to squeeze in a ride themed after the Mafia or would that be too controversial? Like you're a witness to the dirty deed and the Mob is gunning for your life! It'd be a fast-paced ride where you and your fellow riders dodge cars of mobsters in Prohibition-Era Chicago. Like what Superstar Limo before Princess Di's death put the kibosh on the initial paparazzi-focused premise of the ride.
1. That would be a fine addition to the land. Most likely a restaurant that plays Southern Jazz with a flair for Southern cuisine. Maybe even some Delta Hot Tamales?
2. I think it would be okay, as it is in Japan. And besides, the story of Moby Dick doesn't make Captain Ahab a very likeable character nor a protagonist that succeeds in catching/killing the whale, so how the heck would it be a story that condones whaling?
3. OldNavy's response towards Junior's politics makes me think that a Native American land is not only viable, but probably inevitable since the park is themed to American regions and cultures, including indigenous ones.
4. I'm okay with Denali as one of the E-Tickets. Heck, it could even be Tokyo's Matterhorn at this point.
5. The Little Tokyo section could have a movie theater that is a building for a Japanese-inspired GMR (either live-action films or anime).
6. Yeah, it doesn't have to be super elaborate. Even a walkthrough attraction will do nicely, but that will depend on how big the base is.
7. I can see that.
8. Maybe, but that depends on how the Japanese view the Yakuza. If all else fails, a ride where someone is a alcohol smuggler is trying to run away from the police is a fine story for a Chicago-based ride.

And now, a little background on WWA superstar Godzilla Gacy...

Godzilla Gacy
Birth name: David Gregg Godfrey
Born: September 16, 1956 in Chattanooga, TN
Billed from: Memphis, TN
Billed height: 6'6"
Billed weight: 460 lbs
Ethnicity: African American
Debut: Spring 1981 in Memphis under the ring name Grover Davis
Trained by: Sonny King
Previous ring names: Grover Davis, Greg the Gargantuan

Pauly Shore is tame compared to, Dennis Falk.
Never heard of him.
Known by the earliest internet users as Quozl
Doesn't ring any bells, though to be fair I was a late-comer to the internet and was more interested in reading the backlog of now-defunct lightsaber forums than the history of internet controversies when I did get on...
ITTL still harbors an extreme obsession with Tiny Toon Adventures like he did IOTL.
"<Character> is my waifu and I will find a way to become animated so we can be together" obsessed, or "This show is a secret coded message to me to start a race war, like that Beatles song" obsessed?
Falk went so far as to follow Rachel Stone-Abbott as she drove home from the Warner Bros. studio at least three times.
Yeah, that sounds like a good way to shot; neither of them tend to fuck around with things like that.
Apart from that, Falk also caused Tress MacNielle to skip a bunch of conventions in the last few years.
Oh...well that's not good...
Also not really much of a comparison with Pauly Shore, since he's only a joke because he's not funny and makes bad movies....

So have you decided what to do about Disney's second anhiem gate yet. If the Tokyo and anheim second gates are ment to open on the same say date it would seam poetic to me have disney ope a japaness themed gate in america if they are opening an american themed gate in japan on the same day.

It seams ironic that six kings and henson are teaming up because after heson bought out hanabra they dumped hanbara deal with six kings. I personally thought that the universal henson/hanbara deal was a bad idea. OTL the Hanbara Universal deal only result in a simaulator ride and character appernace. Kings island kept the hahbara untill 2005 otl when parmount decided they would they perfer have nickoldean centeral aborse hanbara land. Hab

For the second gate in Anaheim, it's not gonna be a direct Disney-Fox Studios clone, but I want the theming to be similar to what Universal did with Islands of Adventure IOTL.

For the second gate in Anaheim, it's not gonna be a direct Disney-Fox Studios clone, but I want the theming to be similar to what Universal did with Islands of Adventure IOTL.
You did that in the orginal american as the replacment for calafornian advenrure. If you want to re use It I would suggest doing it in flordia (they room for at least 5 parks maybe even more) or in spain (The park they could use a second gate)

You did that in the orginal american as the replacment for calafornian advenrure. I feel that disney need more parks that for that arn''t copies of otl parks or parks form the orignal american magic. The close thing we had to an orignal disney park for this verison of american magic is nara disneylandy and disneyland spain which is esisnelty otl eurodisne in another country . If you want to re use the park simlair to islands of adventure (i forgot its name)It I would suggest doing it in flordia (they room for at least 5 parks maybe even more) or in spain (The park they could use a second gate)

Does anybody think it would be a good idea for someone to build a themepark in wiscosion dells. They got plenty of water parks so a major themepark may work. Wiscosn dells only theme park mont olympus was llittle more 3 coasters and few goat cart tracks untill they merge with the neorboring treasuer isalnd family land water park in 2004 and open a the small parthon indoor seciton contint hte oap coaster and 5 othe acratiosn. Thus I feel there is plenty of time for some one to come in and build a new park. I am even open to a forgin company like prague ruenidos or the virgin group opening up a park (Note the virgin gorup has no themepark expernice otl but are know for loving to enter new industry and they bought out the wablia gorup in the orginal american magic)

Daniel Returns to Work

tour-the-walt-disney-studios-in-burbank-683x1024.png

Walt Disney Studios
(Burbank, California)

March 4, 1996

Don Bluth:
"Hi Daniel. Welcome back! How's the kidney?"

Daniel Abbott:
"Good as new."

Bluth:
"Junior thought you'd be interested in this script."

*Hands Daniel a screenplay*

Abbott:
(Reads Title) "Anastasia?
(Turns to Bluth) Is this a solo story about one of Cinderella's stepsisters?"

Bluth:
"Nope. There were rumors years ago about one of the Russian princesses that supposedly went missing during the whole Bolshevik thing..."

The next day...

Abbott:
"After reading the script all day yesterday, I think we can keep the Anastasia title and change the names of all the other characters and the settings. That way, our story can carry parallels to the rumors of the Grand Duchess and her whereabouts. We can also sneak in parallels to Rasputin, Lenin, Nicholas, Alexei and other key figures in the Duchess's lifetime without having to deal with history buffs losing their marbles over this and that."

Bluth:
"Speaking of Rasputin, we've been talking to Christopher Lloyd..."

Abbott:
"I liked Lloyd as Judge Doom, but why not get Christopher Lee instead?"

Bluth:
"Lee's doing the Wolf Man remake for Universal right now."​

1. That would be a fine addition to the land. Most likely a restaurant that plays Southern Jazz with a flair for Southern cuisine. Maybe even some Delta Hot Tamales?
2. I think it would be okay, as it is in Japan. And besides, the story of Moby Dick doesn't make Captain Ahab a very likeable character nor a protagonist that succeeds in catching/killing the whale, so how the heck would it be a story that condones whaling?
3. OldNavy's response towards Junior's politics makes me think that a Native American land is not only viable, but probably inevitable since the park is themed to American regions and cultures, including indigenous ones.
4. I'm okay with Denali as one of the E-Tickets. Heck, it could even be Tokyo's Matterhorn at this point.
5. The Little Tokyo section could have a movie theater that is a building for a Japanese-inspired GMR (either live-action films or anime).
6. Yeah, it doesn't have to be super elaborate. Even a walkthrough attraction will do nicely, but that will depend on how big the base is.
7. I can see that.
8. Maybe, but that depends on how the Japanese view the Yakuza. If all else fails, a ride where someone is a alcohol smuggler is trying to run away from the police is a fine story for a Chicago-based ride.
  1. Why not? Disney's never skimped on thematic eateries for their theme parks!
  2. Touche. It'll still have a bit of controversy from Greenpeace nutjobs but that'll likely pass by quickly.
  3. The history of Native American tribes is too important to not include in this exploration of the American experience.
  4. I agree completely.
  5. Good point. I just thought that an area celebrating the culture of Golden Age Hollywood would fit in with the park's overall theme of Americana rather well.
  6. Fun Fact: If they build the Statue of Liberty at its full height it'd dwarf every castle Disney ever built. Including the nearly 200 foot castle in Shanghai. So I'm guessing a half-scale to three-quarter scale replica would be more than enough to put a ride in there. Would it be impractical to have the gift shop be in the statue's head or would it have to be in the pedestal? Either way, the statue's head, and torch would be primo photo-op locations.
  7. So a comedic farce of a ride where you and your illicit cargo seek to flee the cartoonishly corrupt Chicago PD? With the ride ending, naturally, in a speakeasy/gift shop.

1. Why not? Disney's never skimped on thematic eateries for their theme parks!
  2. Touche. It'll still have a bit of controversy from Greenpeace nutjobs but that'll likely pass by quickly.
  3. The history of Native American tribes is too important to not include in this exploration of the American experience.
  4. I agree completely.
  5. Good point. I just thought that an area celebrating the culture of Golden Age Hollywood would fit in with the park's overall theme of Americana rather well.
  6. Fun Fact: If they build the Statue of Liberty at its full height it'd dwarf every castle Disney ever built. Including the nearly 200 foot castle in Shanghai. So I'm guessing a half-scale to three-quarter scale replica would be more than enough to put a ride in there. Would it be impractical to have the gift shop be in the statue's head or would it have to be in the pedestal? Either way, the statue's head, and torch would be primo photo-op locations.
  7. So a comedic farce of a ride where you and your illicit cargo seek to flee the cartoonishly corrupt Chicago PD? With the ride ending, naturally, in a speakeasy/gift shop.
The area for Golden Age Hollywood can be patterned after Buena Vista Street at DCA, complete with the Carthay Circle replica.

Theme Park Outlook for the Late Nineties

Bally's Worlds of Wonder (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Opening in May 1996
Licensees:
Golden Harvest of America (DiC and Saban properties)
PAWS, Inc. (Garfield)
Bullwinkle Studios (Jay Ward characters)

Disney's American Odyssey (Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture; The second gate for the Tokyo Disney World property)
Opening in 1998 or '99
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment

Six Kings Hollywood Park (Inglewood, CA; On the former site of the Hollywood Park race track)
Opening in 1999
Licensees:
Columbia-TriStar (DC Comics)
The Jim Henson Company (Muppets, Nickelodeon, Hanna-Barbera)

Universal's Islands of Adventure (Orlando, FL; The second gate at Universal Orlando)
Opening in May 1999
Licensees:
RKO Radio Pictures (King Kong, Star Trek, Mission Impossible)
Toho Co. Ltd. (Godzilla)
The Estate of Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
Hasbro, Inc.
Nintendo of America
Wizarding World (Harry Potter; Future)

Disney's Second Gate in Anaheim (Anaheim, CA; On the site of the original Disneyland parking lot)
Working Title:
Epic Kingdom (Temporary until a better name is suggested; Similar in theme to IOA)
Opening in 1999 or 2000
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment

Last edited:

Opening in May 1996
Licensees:
PAWS, Inc. (Garfield)

Disney's American Adventure (Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture; The second gate for the Tokyo Disney World property)
Opening in 1998 or '99
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment

Six Kings Hollywood Park (Inglewood, CA; On the former site of the Hollywood Park race track)
Opening in 1999
Licensees:

Universal's Islands of Adventure (Orlando, FL; The second gate at Universal Orlando)
Opening in May 1999
Licensees:
Toho Co. Ltd. (Godzilla)
Hasbro, Inc.
Nintendo of America

Disney's Second Gate in Anaheim (Anaheim, CA; On the site of the original Disneyland parking lot)
Working Title:
Epic Kingdom (Temporary until a better name is suggested; Similar in theme to IOA)
Opening in 1999 or 2000
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment
I guess the british themepark the american advenutre either went out of bussiness early, changed it's name or dosn't care they Disney is building a park called american adveture in japan

I feel there needs to be a better name for the hollywood park then Six Kings Hollywood Park. Six kings is just a holding company none of the parks had six kings in thier name althought 2 of them have kings and 3 have sxi flags in their name. Here are a few name altenrate name ideas for the new six kings park. Dreamscape, Marvolus Advenre, Wonderful escape, Good Times Amuspent Park or Wild Quest

Opening in May 1996
Licensees:
PAWS, Inc. (Garfield)

Disney's American Adventure (Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture; The second gate for the Tokyo Disney World property)
Opening in 1998 or '99
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment

Opening in 1999
Licensees:

Opening in May 1999
Licensees:
Toho Co. Ltd. (Godzilla)
Hasbro, Inc.
Nintendo of America

Working Title:
Opening in 1999 or 2000
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment
1: Looks like Worlds of Wonder has some bite to it already. Can't wait to see more!
2: We know that Disney owns most of the TMNT property, and that they have a steady relationship with Amblin thanks to the Lucasfilm properties and Roger Rabbit. But would their connections to Tribune Media extend to more than just Dick Tracy?
3: There's a lot you can do with the Muppets, Nickelodeon, HB, and DC Comics all at your disposal. Let's hope Six Kings takes advantage of this.
4: That's 4-5 unique lands ready to go for Islands of Adventure at least.
5: You know, I think Epic Kingdom works best here.
6: On a slightly-related note, does WB really own Carolco, Namco, and Knott's Berry Farm all at once? I asked this when it was initially mentioned, but it wasn't answered.

1: Looks like Worlds of Wonder has some bite to it already. Can't wait to see more!
2: We know that Disney owns most of the TMNT property, and that they have a steady relationship with Amblin thanks to the Lucasfilm properties and Roger Rabbit. But would their connections to Tribune Media extend to more than just Dick Tracy?
3: There's a lot you can do with the Muppets, Nickelodeon, HB, and DC Comics all at your disposal. Let's hope Six Kings takes advantage of this.
6: On a slightly-related note, does WB really own Carolco, Namco, and Knott's Berry Farm all at once? I asked this when it was initially mentioned, but it wasn't answered.
Dick Tracy was the one IP I knew Tribune Media owned IOTL right off the bat. I wasn't sure what else Tribune owned as far as comic strips and stuff.
TimeWarner's acquisition of Carolco is complete. The deals for Namco and Knott's are expected to close later this summer.
What Six Kings can do is a lot of the Muppet rides that were supposed to be part of the Disney Decade IOTL but didn't make it past the planning phase.

I just hope that the video game area in Islands of Adventure isn't just Nintendo, by that point; Crash, Spyro, and Earthworm Jim will still be relevant. Also I was hoping that Seuss landing would be where the Fleischer Toon revival could happen.

As for DIsney's Epic Universe, how about calling it Acres of Action?

Last edited:
Dick Tracy was the one IP I knew Tribune Media owned IOTL right off the bat. I wasn't sure what else Tribune owned as far as comic strips and stuff.
TimeWarner's acquisition of Carolco is complete. The deals for Namco and Knott's are expected to close later this summer.
What Six Kings can do is a lot of the Muppet rides that were supposed to be part of the Disney Decade IOTL but didn't make it past the planning phase.
1: Well, at least as far as 1996 is concerned, Tribune Media's comics division also has properties like Broom-Hilda, Gasoline Alley, Little Orphan Annie, and Mother Goose and Grimm. And some of those are still with the company to this day.
2: Okay. As long as any synergizing is saved for an upcoming Knott's park, while the original Berry Farm integrity is left intact, I'd be okay with waiting a while.
3: Not only that, but also a Reptar-themed parade, a Toy Story dark ride, a Scooby-Doo restaurant that serves off-menu concoctions, and possibly more.
As for DIsney's Epic Universe, how about calling it Acres of Action?
Oh, yes. That's perfect!