As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

1. Like the Jazz Age in the 20's? I do agree that it'd be hard to represent the South without the specter of the sins of the past raising its ugly head.
  2. Which was what I was thinking. There should definitely be a nautical thrill ride associated with this land. Maybe a motion simulator where you're on a ship attacked by a Kraken?
  3. A land respectfully exploring the culture of America's indigenous peoples would be a good idea if executed properly.
  4. Along with the Deathchill Manor haunted house, there could be a show about "Seward's Folly" regarding the people sneering at the purchase of the territory. Though that probably would be easier said than done given that it'd need to be bilingual.
  5. San Fran's Chinatown area is probably what's more likely to be recreated. Though a land regarding Golden Age Hollywood would likely be a good idea too.
  6. Fair enough. Plus the Statue's torch could help light the way back to the entrance after dark. I'm thinking that if the Statue's pedestal is built at close to life-size there'd be more than enough room to build a ride inside it.
  7. I definitely like the idea of Chicago/Detroit being represented. Having the Motor City represented could be a good excuse to have a race track ride.
1. Not a bad idea. I've heard that the South was bustling with activity during the Jazz Age so it might be a good historical setting for al and.
2. More like Moby Dick, to be honest.
3. It's possible, since Walt Disney did give Native American tribes a platform in Frontierland, despite the setting being very much favored towards White Americans with stereotypes towards other groups of people. I expect Junior to be much more respectful towards Native Americans if Disney ever built a land dedicated to them.
4. Interesting. Goldwind's suggestion of a Denali coaster would also be very good for the park as well.
5. Ehhhh, I would prefer Japantown or even Little Tokyo since Japan and China don't exactly have the best relations with each other.
6. A dark ride based on the history of the Statue of Liberty? That could work.
7. Yeah, maybe we'll get a ride that's like Proto Test Track, which would be nice.

3. It's possible, since Walt Disney did give Native American tribes a platform in Frontierland, despite the setting being very much favored towards White Americans with stereotypes towards other groups of people. I expect Junior to be much more respectful towards Native Americans if Disney ever built a land dedicated to them.

Walt, Sr. did lean more conservative after the 1941 strike and did indeed donate to Dewey's 1944 campaign IOTL.

Junior is moderately more left wing than his father.

Even though Man of the House was made under Junior's watch with some audiences questioning the film's use of Native imagery, he did bring in Chief Leonard George to serve as a technical advisor.

In the 80's, Junior publicly condemned the homophobic crimes committed by former Disney artist Rocky Lorenzo.

Junior and the Abbotts came to the defense of Warner Bros. artist and Freakazoid creator Emily Chang after she was ruthlessly misgendered in an infamous Tom Payne op-ed in Wild Cartoon Kingdom. Chang was born a male and underwent her sex change while attending Evergreen State College in 1983.

Under Junior's watch, Disney was the first studio to join forces with the United Way's Oklahoma City relief fund during the spring of 1995.

For future anthology series airings of Dumbo and other films now notorious for problematic stereotypes, Junior brought in Whoopi Goldberg for a disclaimer before the film begins. She had done the same for Turner Home Entertainment on their series of Golden Age Looney Tunes laserdiscs.

There will indeed be a few Native American consultants on a potential Indigenous realm for the second Tokyo gate.

For future anthology series airings of Dumbo and other films now notorious for problematic stereotypes, Junior brought in Whoopi Goldberg for a disclaimer before the film begins. She had done the same for Turner Home Entertainment on their series of Golden Age Looney Tunes laserdiscs.
On that same caliber, would we see Universal hire James Earl Jones to do a disclaimer for future releases for Walter Lantz's Br'er Rabbit picture?

I'm sure I can find something for Phil to do at Disney. Plus, I feel like I need a Disney role for Robin Williams to make up for Freddie Starr and Jim Carrey being the genies instead of him.
Well, Ferngully is still at Fox, making it a Disney film. Henceforth, Robin Williams is still technically part of the Disney crowd.

Phil Collins, on the other hand, would take some thinking.

Well, Ferngully is still at Fox, making it a Disney film. Henceforth, Robin Williams is still technically part of the Disney crowd.

Thanks I almost forgot.

Yeah, Phil Collins is gonna be a tough one.

In the meantime, I feel like I need a third Devon Sawa/Christina Ricci vehicle to complete the Ultimate 90's Triple Crown:
- Casper (Summer 1995; Buena Vista)
- Now and Then (Spring 1996; Touchstone)

If not, maybe I can find a way for Gus St. Pierre to team up with Reese Witherspoon (also born in New Orleans).

Another idea that just popped up in my head:
A Disney Parks commercial campaign with Weird Al doing a parody of Guns N' Roses' Paradise City?

I'm sure I can find something for Phil to do at Disney. Plus, I feel like I need a Disney role for Robin Williams to make up for Freddie Starr and Jim Carrey being the genies instead of him.

I feel like we should subvert expectations a bit...like to make up for any lingering tensions between Robin and Disney they should give him a meatier, more nuanced role....Like Rasputan in TTL's Anastasia (which IIRC was meant to be more low-key and realistic/true-to-life?) if it hasn't been made yet.
As for Phil....Fantasia 3?

A Disney Parks commercial campaign with Weird Al doing a parody of Guns N' Roses' Paradise City?
Too bad all the EPCOT spin-offs got butterflied in the redux, otherwise that'd be perfect:
🎶Take me down
To the Progress City,
Where the parents are glad
And the kids wear Mickys...
🎶

I feel like we should subvert expectations a bit...like to make up for any lingering tensions between Robin and Disney they should give him a meatier, more nuanced role....Like Rasputan in TTL's Anastasia (which IIRC was meant to be more low-key and realistic/true-to-life?) if it hasn't been made yet.
I do have Anastasia lined up for a Thanksgiving '97 release.

I do plan on finally getting Musicana made as we approach the millennium.

I'd be okay with both of these.
In the meantime, I feel like I need a third Devon Sawa/Christina Ricci vehicle to complete the Ultimate 90's Triple Crown:

If not, maybe I can find a way for Gus St. Pierre to team up with Reese Witherspoon (also born in New Orleans).

Which company is the third largest at this point ITTL? Because if we have a Disney pairing and a Henson pairing, then we might as well go to another studio for the third option.

Maybe a "big sister and little brother" kind of relationship between Gus and Reese? Show or movie, it doesn't matter.

Yes. Although, I couldn't come up with a proper campaign myself, even though I tried.

Thanks I almost forgot.

Yeah, Phil Collins is gonna be a tough one.

You could have Gus st Peirie take Toby Mcquire's role in Pleasentvile

Last edited:
Winter 1996 Movies
DECEMBER 1995
The Secret of Bear Mountain
Gold-Diggers-The-Secret-of-Bear-Mountain-gold-diggers-the-secret-of-bear-mountain-40793788-853-480.png

Released by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment
Notes:
- Known IOTL as Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain. (Worst title for a movie about teenage girls IMHO).
- The Gold Diggers part of the title was taken out at the request of studio chairman Richard Donner.
- The film begins with a rare variant of the WBFE logo (LINK).

JANUARY 1996
Bio Dome
tumblr_lg485dx5lp1qf1085o1_1280.jpg

Released by Turner

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
mljyb_tnl_1920x1080.jpg

Released by Hollywood Pictures

From Dusk till Dawn
25ad9b641d6e197b27159a257299a42de438bb361d3b07a27c4170fa74be8d93._RI_.jpg

Released by Golden Harvest

Big Bully
MV5BODBiN2ZjMGQtNTU3OS00ZTNlLTg2NjQtODA0NTliMTkzYmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.

FEBRUARY 1996
Black Sheep
black%20sheep-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures

Happy Gilmore
adam-sandler-happy-gilmore.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures

Bottle Rocket
bottle-rocket-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema

Trainspotting
3473.jpg

Released by Gramercy Pictures
Notes: This was Gramercy's first release after Roger Corman officially took over as studio chief.

Now and Then
MV5BMTM3NTYzOTU3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxMTg0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Released by Touchstone Pictures

Muppet Treasure Island
1180-x-600-021616_muppet-treasure-island-20th-did-you-know-780x440.jpg

Released by Jim Henson Pictures
NOTES: This was the first Henson film with a new logo (LINK).

DECEMBER 1995
The Secret of Bear Mountain
Gold-Diggers-The-Secret-of-Bear-Mountain-gold-diggers-the-secret-of-bear-mountain-40793788-853-480.png

Released by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment
Notes:
- Known IOTL as Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain. (Worst title for a movie about teenage girls IMHO).
- The Gold Diggers part of the title was taken out at the request of studio chairman Richard Donner.
- The film begins with a rare variant of the WBFE logo (LINK).

JANUARY 1996
Bio Dome
tumblr_lg485dx5lp1qf1085o1_1280.jpg

Released by Turner

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
mljyb_tnl_1920x1080.jpg

Released by Hollywood Pictures

From Dusk till Dawn
25ad9b641d6e197b27159a257299a42de438bb361d3b07a27c4170fa74be8d93._RI_.jpg

Released by Golden Harvest

Big Bully
MV5BODBiN2ZjMGQtNTU3OS00ZTNlLTg2NjQtODA0NTliMTkzYmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.

FEBRUARY 1996
Black Sheep
black%20sheep-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures

Happy Gilmore
adam-sandler-happy-gilmore.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures

Bottle Rocket
bottle-rocket-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema

Trainspotting
3473.jpg

Released by Gramercy Pictures
Notes: This was Gramercy's first release after Roger Corman officially took over as studio chief.

Now and Then
MV5BMTM3NTYzOTU3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxMTg0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Released by Touchstone Pictures

Muppet Treasure Island
1180-x-600-021616_muppet-treasure-island-20th-did-you-know-780x440.jpg

Released by Jim Henson Pictures
NOTES: This was the first Henson film with a new logo (LINK).
1: Must be a slow month if Bear Mountain is the only December 1995 movie.
2: The only one of the January movies that I've previously heard of is Bio Dome, and something tells me that's not good.
3: Now, February 1996 is where the good stuff starts peeking into the year, with movies like Muppet Treasure Island and Happy Gilmore.
4: Finally, the new logos are a hoot this season!

1: Must be a slow month if Bear Mountain is the only December 1995 movie.
2: The only one of the January movies that I've previously heard of is Bio Dome, and something tells me that's not good.
3: Now, February 1996 is where the good stuff starts peeking into the year, with movies like Muppet Treasure Island and Happy Gilmore.
4: Finally, the new logos are a hoot this season!
The thing with Bear Mountain was that Warners thought it stood a chance against Spider-Man 2, which also came out in December.
Bio Dome is literally the only thing I ever saw Stephen Baldwin in.
I think it was Happy Gilmore moreso than Billy Madison that really catapulted Adam Sandler into bankability.

The thing with Bear Mountain was that Warners thought it stood a chance against Spider-Man 2, which also came out in December.
Bio Dome is literally the only thing I ever saw Stephen Baldwin in.
I think it was Happy Gilmore moreso than Billy Madison that really catapulted Adam Sandler into bankability.
1: Ouch. Something tells me that they would have gotten a few more ticket sales if they had kept the "Gold Diggers" name. Simply because fighting the sequel to one of Marvel's most iconic superheroes is a losing battle as soon as it's announced.
2: Yeesh. I have no further comment on that.
3: Either way, it's a good thing that movie still exists.

1. Not a bad idea. I've heard that the South was bustling with activity during the Jazz Age so it might be a good historical setting for al and.
2. More like Moby Dick, to be honest.
4. Interesting. Goldwind's suggestion of a Denali coaster would also be very good for the park as well.
5. Ehhhh, I would prefer Japantown or even Little Tokyo since Japan and China don't exactly have the best relations with each other.
6. A dark ride based on the history of the Statue of Liberty? That could work.
7. Yeah, maybe we'll get a ride that's like Proto Test Track, which would be nice.
5 I agree