As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

1. I'd have the land representing the South in Disney's American Adventure be modeled after a Louisiana Bayou instead of Texas.
  2. The land representing New England could be modeled after an old-fashioned fishing village. With plenty of seafood for tourists.
  3. I was going to suggest a land based on the Great Plains but I don't know how that'd be interesting.
  4. The land themed after Alaska was a smart idea. Especially with the Deathchill Manor haunted house. Glad to see that my ideas are appreciated.
  5. I do like the idea of the West Coast-themed land focusing on the influence of East Asian immigrants to the region.
  6. The park needs an American landmark to be centered around. Either the Statue of Liberty or Mount Rushmore would work.
1 Tokyo otl disney land adventure land buidling are pattern after New orleans, So I would suggest giving the southern area more of chareston south Carolina or Atlanta Gerogia vibe
3 The great plains could have a country fair theme.

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

For one thing, there was the reveal, by Disney security guard Brian Stewart, that Gus St. Pierre, as Dave Karp, played in the championship game in The Mighty Ducks. What change was made, if any, to ensure that Gus competed in the final match, and did it alter the “story” of the movie?

No big changes were made except Gus returns for the second film and for the third (D3) which comes out later this year.

Then, there’s the reaction the entertainment industry had to the Oklahoma City bombing, as the studios and film moguls reneged on producing, and promoting, projects aplenty. Is there a way, for these abandoned features, to receive a second-chance screening at the cinema in the future?

Roland Emmerich sued 20th Century-Fox over the cancellation of Independence Day and was able to regain the rights to the screenplay, which he co-wrote with Dean Devlin. So instead of bringing us a crappy Western Godzilla, Emmerich and Devlin will instead get their UFO movie made for a 1998 release. Rumors say they'll set the movie up either at Paramount, New Line or at Warner Bros. under the Carolco label.

RKO is moving ahead with their Godzilla project for a Christmas 1997 release.

After that, there’s the bizarre decision to have a Doctor Who simulator be one of the attractions at Paramount’s Pinnacle, at the London-themed Piccadilly Circus section. How was Paramount able to talk the BBC into supporting this, and what became of the series the ride’s inspired by?

The BBC is talking to Cary Elwes and Liam Neeson about becoming the next Doctor Who by next year. Paramount was able to get the BBC on board in exchange for the BBC keeping television licence fees flat for the next eight years. Those same licence fees are normally the main source of the BBC's funding since they are owned by the British government.

For more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licensing_in_the_United_Kingdom

There’s also the encore presentation of Cajun Angel that the SBC station in New Orleans aired the same day the St. Pierre Family Circus came to its conclusion. Who did SBC hire to portray Colette St. Pierre, and the ones who knew her, and what did they say, about the biopic proper?

Colette was played by Amy Jo Johnson, who thought the role would help shake her Power Ranger image. John K was played by Paul Feig, who also appeared in Touchstone's Heavyweights the same year. Blanche was played by Lacey Chabert, who now appears on Party of Five. Bridgette was played by Frances Fisher. Gus was played by Elijah Wood.

Basically, SBC pretty much overspent for a made-for-TV movie designed to cash in on the trial.

Cajun Angel got a lot of criticism because the accent Amy used for her portrayal of Colette was more of a typical Hollywood southern drawl when in reality, Colette's Cajun accent was much thicker according to an ex-boyfriend.

Finally, on a lesser note, there’s the confirmation that Ferguson’s room in Clarissa Explains It All had a Lum Invader poster and a New Orleans Saints pennant. Why did the set designers, at Nickelodeon Studios, decide to display the image, of a Disney character, in Ferguson’s room?

Right after the first Roger Rabbit was released, Disney's 20th Century-Fox division immediately began negotiating with Michael Eisner for permission to use the Hanna-Barbera characters in the second and third installments. In return, Fox gave Nickelodeon permission for the Lum poster to be seen on Clarissa Explains it All. Additionally, Disney gave Nick permission for TMNT merchandise to be shown on a few of Nick's other live action sitcoms like Welcome Freshmen and Hey Dude.

As for the Saints pennant, Gus St. Pierre, who played Ferguson, is a devoted fan of the team in real life.​

If you are going to have namco buy or build any new parks they better do it soon but they were hit hard by the japaness fincial criss of 1997. That led to the namco banida merger of 2004. I feel that namco should have a different merger in this timeline. I suggested Merging with warner because nammco is more instvested in america atl so they would be more open to a merger with an american company and because warner is there closest american parnter. However I would like to hear over ideas for company other then bandia that namco could merge with

Roland Emmerich sued 20th Century-Fox over the cancellation of Independence Day and was able to regain the rights to the screenplay, which he co-wrote with Dean Devlin. So instead of bringing us a crappy Western Godzilla, Emmerich and Devlin will instead get their UFO movie made for a 1998 release. Rumors say they'll set the movie up either at Paramount, New Line or at Warner Bros. under the Carolco label.​
Sweet!
Finally, on a lesser note, there’s the confirmation that Ferguson’s room in Clarissa Explains It All had a Lum Invader poster and a New Orleans Saints pennant. Why did the set designers, at Nickelodeon Studios, decide to display the image, of a Disney character, in Ferguson’s room?
Right after the first Roger Rabbit was released, Disney's 20th Century-Fox division immediately began negotiating with Michael Eisner for permission to use the Hanna-Barbera characters in the second and third installments. In return, Fox gave Nickelodeon permission for the Lum poster to be seen on Clarissa Explains it All. Additionally, Disney gave Nick permission for TMNT merchandise to be shown on a few of Nick's other live action sitcoms like Welcome Freshmen and Hey Dude.​
Ah, so TMNT is still affiliated with Nickelodeon in some way, even if it's not as large as OTL's affiliation. Sounds good to me.

Will parmont build any more parmount pincales. If so do you think they build a pincale easte Lakeland flordia since that where they build the Pinnacle in the oringal american magic. I also like the idea of one the pruposed internaitonal sites of one many flailed int paramount movie parks project to be used to build a paramount pincle. They sites includ incehon south korea, Kumming China, Samecomb Kent England Murica Spain and Bali. Note the bali project was only recently annocned. Heres a link to the news article about parmont movie park bailihttps://coconuts.co/bali/news/paramount-pictures-to-develop-southeast-asias-biggest-theme-park-in-bali-reports/The internatl . I also like the ide

Here a a suggestion for a movie for 1997 or 1998, 1999 at the latest. It a second seguel to rommanicing the stone called crisiome eagl. The plot follows jack T Colotran and Joan Wilder who having married at the end of roamancing the stone's first seaguel jewel of the nile have since gone on to have to tennage kids and decided to to go thailand. The coltrans kids are then kidnaped by the Chao pho (aka the Thia mafia). The cho pho use the kidnaping to blackmail Jack and Joan to stealign a pricless staute called the crisome egale. The crisome eagle was a real movie but it was canclled otl in 1997. I hope you decide that it made atl. PS theire was a secodn failed attempt to make a thrid romancing the stone movie in 2005 called racing moonson. It involved a diamond robbery in india

Last edited:
Will parmont build any more parmount pincales. If so do you think they build a pincale easte Lakeland flordia since that where they build the Pinnacle in the oringal american magic. I also like the idea of one the pruposed internaitonal sites of one many flailed int paramount movie parks project to be used to build a paramount pincle. They sites includ incehon south korea, Kumming China, Samecomb Kent England Murica Spain and Bali. Note the bali project was only recently annocned. Heres a link to the news article about parmont movie park bailihttps://coconuts.co/bali/news/paramount-pictures-to-develop-southeast-asias-biggest-theme-park-in-bali-reports/The internatl . I also like the ide
In the original American Magic, the problem with trying to get the Paramount Pinnacle built near Bonn, Germany was that the site was a decommissioned coalmine and because of that, there was a whole lot of environmental problems that had to be solved before they could begin to build on that land.

the original American Magic, the problem with trying to get the Paramount Pinnacle built near Bonn, Germany was that the site was a decommissioned coalmine and because of that, there was a whole lot of environmental problems that had to be solved before they could begin to build on that land.
So why not build an international pincle in incheon south korea somecomb Kent England Murica Spain Bali inodeisa Punat Cunta domaicna republic (a shout out to parmount old parnet Gulf and westerns invesnte thier) Rio deiroa brazil Santiog chile Buniaos aries argenita. Durdan south afica,hurghada egpt Dubia UAE Kraow Poland Mumbia India or Bankgok thialand

If you are going to have namco buy or build any new parks they better do it soon but they were hit hard by the japaness fincial criss of 1997. That led to the namco banida merger of 2004. I feel that namco should have a different merger in this timeline. I suggested Merging with warner because nammco is more instvested in america atl so they would be more open to a merger with an american company and because warner is there closest american parnter. However I would like to hear over ideas for company other then bandia that namco could merge with
They could go after Takara or Tomy?

Are you saying that Namco should merge with Takra or Tomy or should Bandia merge Takra or Tomy. There is also the possiblity of namco mergering with sega but a merger with sega but a merger with warner is at the top of my list

Last edited:
Are you saying that Namco should merge with Takra or Tomy or should Bandia merge Takra or Tomy. There is also the possiblity of namco mergering with sega but a merger with sega but a merger with warner is at the top of my list

I think what Goldwind is trying to say is that a Warner-Namco merger might be more urgent for Namco's future, is that correct?

1. I'd have the land representing the South in Disney's American Adventure be modeled after a Louisiana Bayou instead of Texas.
  2. The land representing New England could be modeled after an old-fashioned fishing village. With plenty of seafood for tourists.
  3. I was going to suggest a land based on the Great Plains but I don't know how that'd be interesting.
  4. The land themed after Alaska was a smart idea. Especially with the Deathchill Manor haunted house. Glad to see that my ideas are appreciated.
  5. I do like the idea of the West Coast-themed land focusing on the influence of East Asian immigrants to the region.
  6. The park needs an American landmark to be centered around. Either the Statue of Liberty or Mount Rushmore would work.
Great ideas on the possible Tokyo second gate.

1. I agree with Goldwind that with New Orleans Square being integrated into TDL's Adventureland, it would be redundant. Therefore, theming it after something like Missouri (Walt's home state), Florida, the Carolinas, or Georgia is far more appropriate for this occasion. I think the Antebellum South would be the most recognizable or ideal but the specter of slavery will always come up if Disney ever decided to use that setting, so they will have to tread lightly with that. Much better to use more modern settings for that region.
2. It'd be easy for Disney to use designs similar to Tokyo DisneySea's American Waterfront since Cape Cod was a major influence in its design. Cape Cod, Boston, Martha's Vineyard, or Maine would be great influences for New England.
3. A land based on the Indian Territories (based in Oklahoma) are also touchy because of the history behind the creation of such lands, but one that could reward Disney fairly well if they work with the local Native American tribes.
4. Alaska was a pretty nice idea. Fully on board with that.
5. As much as I am interested in a possible Little Tokyo themed-land, being an Angeleno, I think San Francisco's Chinatown/Japantown is an infinitely more interesting historical reference and one that is lesser known in American pop culture compared to Los Angeles.
6. Statue of Liberty is a no-brainer. As much as I'd like to see Mount Rushmore be represented, since it is a mountain, it was built on the Black Hills (illegally, mind you), a sacred land to the Sioux. They would NEVER let Disney build this and they will fight tooth and nail to make sure it does not happen, even if it was on another country. Meanwhile, the Statue of Liberty is far less controversial, it was a gift done by another democratic nation, and is iconic for being a symbol of immigration and the American Dream.

I'd like to add Chicago or Detroit (in their heydays) for the Midwest, since they are a vital part of the United States, assuming we can fit them in for this hypothetical second gate.

To be honest, I'm morbidly interested towards representing the lost city plans of Chicago designed by Daniel Burnham for such an occasion, despite his controversies (being an ardent racist and admired by particularly despicable people like Albert Speer), if only for their beauty, but I am totally fine with abandoning such concepts if it meant representing BIPOC communities in those cities to the Japanese.

I wouldn't use the name American Adventure because of the American Adventure Theme Park in the UK
Would Disney's American Odyssey be a good alternative for that? Or maybe Disney's American Frontier?

Last edited:
Great ideas on the possible Tokyo second gate.

1. I agree with Goldwind that with New Orleans Square being integrated into TDL's Adventureland, it would be redundant. Therefore, theming it after something like Missouri (Walt's home state), Florida, the Carolinas, or Georgia is far more appropriate for this occasion. I think the Antebellum South would be the most recognizable or ideal but the specter of slavery will always come up if Disney ever decided to use that setting, so they will have to tread lightly with that. Much better to use more modern settings for that region.
2. It'd be easy for Disney to use designs similar to Tokyo DisneySea's American Waterfront since Cape Cod was a major influence in its design. Cape Cod, Boston, Martha's Vineyard, or Maine would be great influences for New England.
3. A land based on the Indian Territories (based in Oklahoma) are also touchy because of the history behind the creation of such lands, but one that could reward Disney fairly well if they work with the local Native American tribes.
4. Alaska was a pretty nice idea. Fully on board with that.
5. As much as I am interested in a possible Little Tokyo themed-land, being an Angeleno, I think San Francisco's Chinatown/Japantown is an infinitely more interesting historical reference and one that is lesser known in American pop culture compared to Los Angeles.
6. Statue of Liberty is a no-brainer. As much as I'd like to see Mount Rushmore be represented, since it is a mountain, it was built on the Black Hills (illegally, mind you), a sacred land to the Sioux. They would NEVER let Disney build this and they will fight tooth and nail to make sure it does not happen, even if it was on another country. Meanwhile, the Statue of Liberty is far less controversial, it was a gift done by another democratic nation, and is iconic for being a symbol of immigration and the American Dream.

I'd like to add Chicago or Detroit (in their heydays) for the Midwest, since they are a vital part of the United States, assuming we can fit them in for this hypothetical second gate.

To be honest, I'm morbidly interested towards representing the lost city plans of Chicago designed by Daniel Burnham for such an occasion, despite his controversies (being an ardent racist and admired by particularly despicable people like Albert Speer), if only for their beauty, but I am totally fine with abandoning such concepts if it meant representing BIPOC communities in those cities to the Japanese.

Would Disney's American Odyssey be a good alternative for that? Or maybe Disney's American Frontier?
  1. Like the Jazz Age in the 20's? I do agree that it'd be hard to represent the South without the specter of the sins of the past raising its ugly head.
  2. Which was what I was thinking. There should definitely be a nautical thrill ride associated with this land. Maybe a motion simulator where you're on a ship attacked by a Kraken?
  3. A land respectfully exploring the culture of America's indigenous peoples would be a good idea if executed properly.
  4. Along with the Deathchill Manor haunted house, there could be a show about "Seward's Folly" regarding the people sneering at the purchase of the territory. Though that probably would be easier said than done given that it'd need to be bilingual.
  5. San Fran's Chinatown area is probably what's more likely to be recreated. Though a land regarding Golden Age Hollywood would likely be a good idea too.
  6. Fair enough. Plus the Statue's torch could help light the way back to the entrance after dark. I'm thinking that if the Statue's pedestal is built at close to life-size there'd be more than enough room to build a ride inside it.
  7. I definitely like the idea of Chicago/Detroit being represented. Having the Motor City represented could be a good excuse to have a race track ride.

1. Like the Jazz Age in the 20's? I do agree that it'd be hard to represent the South without the specter of the sins of the past raising its ugly head.
  2. Which was what I was thinking. There should definitely be a nautical thrill ride associated with this land. Maybe a motion simulator where you're on a ship attacked by a Kraken?
  3. A land respectfully exploring the culture of America's indigenous peoples would be a good idea if executed properly.
  4. Along with the Deathchill Manor haunted house, there could be a show about "Seward's Folly" regarding the people sneering at the purchase of the territory. Though that probably would be easier said than done given that it'd need to be bilingual.
  5. San Fran's Chinatown area is probably what's more likely to be recreated. Though a land regarding Golden Age Hollywood would likely be a good idea too.
  6. Fair enough. Plus the Statue's torch could help light the way back to the entrance after dark. I'm thinking that if the Statue's pedestal is built at close to life-size there'd be more than enough room to build a ride inside it.
  7. I definitely like the idea of Chicago/Detroit being represented. Having the Motor City represented could be a good excuse to have a race track ride.
2 I would make the boat ride in new england themed to a whaler's boat
4 Tokkyo disney land dosn't have a matterhorn coaster. I think It would be a good idea to make a mount Denali coaster in the alaska area
5 I am supportive of the little tokyo concepent. It would be ironic for Tokyo disneyland to have a chinatown area because the japaness and chaniess have a long bitter history.