As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Power Rangers save the day for SBC after four straight years of sagging ratings.
- TV Guide

TimeWarner and Turner each express an interest in acquiring Westinghouse's stake in SBC.
- The Wall Street Journal

Nirvana's upcoming album In Utero exceeds pre-order sales of Nevermind.
- Billboard

The Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream still in the top ten a month since its release.
- MTV News
1: Finally! A surefire hit for the network! I haven't seen something work this well for them since they got The Muppet Show back in the 70's!
2: Well, TimeWarner should pool their content into their Freeform channel instead, so I think it should go to Turner.
3: Of course a pregnancy term would follow an album that features a naked baby on the cover.
4: Which record label has the Smashing Pumpkins on standby?

Power Rangers save the day for SBC after four straight years of sagging ratings.
- TV Guide

TimeWarner and Turner each express an interest in acquiring Westinghouse's stake in SBC.
- The Wall Street Journal

Nirvana's upcoming album In Utero exceeds pre-order sales of Nevermind.
- Billboard

The Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream still in the top ten a month since its release.
- MTV News

The Sports Page

After 11 years, the WLAF's Michigan Panthers abruptly say goodbye to the Motor City. Years of attendance and championship bliss have now given way to the resurgence of the NFL Lions thanks to running back Barry Sanders. Last year, the club was sold to Oklahoma businessman Aubrey McClendon along with minority partner Clay Bennett. So with the Panthers' departure, we will now say hello to the Oklahoma Outlaws in 1994.
- SportsCenter

Cobras, Cougars, Pumas and Rhinos are among the nicknames floating around for Charlotte's NFL expansion bid. Even with those options, a completely different name might rise to the top. Felix Sabates and company have recently acquired the rights to the "Panthers" nickname for pennies on the dollar from the soon-to-be Oklahoma Outlaws of the WLAF in a backroom deal with Aubrey McClendon, the new Outlaw majority owner.
- The Charlotte Observer

Could this be the final year of Whaler hockey in Hartford? Wayne Huizenga of Miami, Paul Allen of Portland, Jerry Colangelo of Phoenix, Felix Sabates of Charlotte and Larry H. Miller of Salt Lake City are the frontrunners to acquire the team at the conclusion of the 1993-94 season.
- The Hockey News

Rumors continue to swirl that the Winnipeg Jets could also be on the move should they fail to get a new arena built in Manitoba.
- TSN SportsDesk

Fay Vincent says he will step down as Commissioner of Baseball after this year's World Series. But for Major League Baseball, finding a successor won't be easy. Among those in the running to succeed him are NBA senior vice president Gary Bettman, Milwaukee Brewers chairman Bud Selig, National League president Bill White, Philadelphia Phillies chairman Bill Giles and University of Kansas chancellor Gene Budig.
- Baseball Tonight
I have my doubts on whether or not Metromedia and as Westinghouse will be able to survive as companies into the next century. The best thing for SBC’s survival may be for it to be brought out.

Who is Nirvana’s record label again?

I am still rooting for my home team to stay. Go Hartford Whalers!

PNWKing

Banned
I have some other ideas for who could be a Commissioner. Former Vice President Walter Mondale, Admiral Jeremiah Denton (ret.), MCA CEO Lew Wasserman, Rangers owner George W. Bush, Former Warner Communications CEO Berry Gordy, and former Disney and MGM executive E. Cardon "Card" Walker.

1993-94 Saturday Morning Schedule
ABC
8:00 Cro (Hanna-Barbera; Children's Television Workshop)
8:30 The Big Comfy Couch (Radical Sheep; Live action)
9:00 Wild West COW-Boys of Moo Mesa (DiC; Golden Harvest)
9:30 Two Stupid Dogs (Hanna-Barbera)
10:00 Tom and Jerry Kids (Ruby-Spears)
10:30 CityKids (Henson; Puppets)
11:00 The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show (Warner Bros.)
12:00 Sports programming

CBS
8:00 Hashimoto-San (Universal Cartoon Studios)
8:30 Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount Animation) [1]
9:00 Garfield and Friends (Film Roman)
10:00 Batman: The Animated Series (Screen Gems)
11:00 Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (Nelvana; TriStar Television)
11:30 Tales from the Cryptkeeper (Paramount Animation)
12:00 Beakman's World (Columbia Pictures Television; Live action)
12:30 CBS Storybreak

NBC
8:00 Madeline (DiC; Golden Harvest)
8:30 Alexander's Bad Days (Klasky-Csupo; Hollywood Pictures)
9:00 Sailor Moon (DiC; Golden Harvest)
9:30 Biker Mice from Mars (Paramount Animation)
10:00 Running the Halls (RKO Television; Live action)
10:30 Saved by the Bell: The New Class (RKO Television; Live action)
11:00 California Dreams (RKO Television; Live action)
11:30 Inside NBA Stuff (Sports)

SBC
8:00 Marsupilami (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 Bobby's World (Film Roman)
9:00 Eek! The Cat (Nelvana; TriStar Television)
9:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.; Amblin)
10:00 Taz-Mania (Warner Bros.)
10:30 Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego (DiC/Golden Harvest; Broderbund)
11:00 Animaniacs (Warner Bros.; Amblin)
11:30 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Golden Harvest; Live Action)
12:00 Local programming

Fox
8:00 Under the Umbrella Tree (Live action; Reruns)
8:30 Goof Troop (Walt Disney Television Animation)
9:00 The Little Mermaid (Walt Disney Television Animation)
9:30 Bonkers (Walt Disney Television Animation)
10:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Walt Disney Television Animation)
11:00 X-Men (Grantray-Lawrence)
11:30 Darkwing Duck (Walt Disney Television Animation)

[1] The cartoonier Adventures version rather than the Sat-Am.

I have my doubts on whether or not Metromedia and as Westinghouse will be able to survive as companies into the next century. The best thing for SBC’s survival may be for it to be brought out.

Who is Nirvana’s record label again?
Nirvana's label is Geffen.

Yes, SBC will definitely need to be sold soon.

ABC
8:00 Cro (Hanna-Barbera; Children's Television Workshop)
8:30 The Big Comfy Couch (Radical Sheep; Live action)
9:00 Wild West COW-Boys of Moo Mesa (DiC; Golden Harvest)
9:30 Two Stupid Dogs (Hanna-Barbera)
10:00 Tom and Jerry Kids (Ruby-Spears)
10:30 CityKids (Henson; Puppets)
11:00 The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show (Warner Bros.)
12:00 Sports programming

CBS
8:00 Hashimoto-San (Universal Cartoon Studios)
8:30 Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount Animation) [1]
9:00 Garfield and Friends (Film Roman)
10:00 Batman: The Animated Series (Screen Gems)
11:00 Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (Nelvana; TriStar Television)
11:30 Tales from the Cryptkeeper (Paramount Animation)
12:00 Beakman's World (Columbia Pictures Television; Live action)
12:30 CBS Storybreak

NBC
8:00 Madeline (DiC; Golden Harvest)
8:30 Alexander's Bad Days (Klasky-Csupo; Hollywood Pictures)
9:00 Sailor Moon (DiC; Golden Harvest)
9:30 Biker Mice from Mars (Paramount Animation)
10:00 Running the Halls (RKO Television; Live action)
10:30 Saved by the Bell: The New Class (RKO Television; Live action)
11:00 California Dreams (RKO Television; Live action)
11:30 Inside NBA Stuff (Sports)

SBC
8:00 Marsupilami (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 Bobby's World (Film Roman)
9:00 Eek! The Cat (Nelvana; TriStar Television)
9:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.; Amblin)
10:00 Taz-Mania (Warner Bros.)
10:30 Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego (DiC/Golden Harvest; Broderbund)
11:00 Animaniacs (Warner Bros.; Amblin)
11:30 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Golden Harvest; Live Action)

Fox
8:00 Under the Umbrella Tree (Live action; Reruns)
8:30 Goof Troop (Walt Disney Television Animation)
9:00 The Little Mermaid (Walt Disney Television Animation)
9:30 Bonkers (Walt Disney Television Animation)
10:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Walt Disney Television Animation)
11:00 X-Men (Grantray-Lawrence)
11:30 Darkwing Duck (Walt Disney Television Animation)

[1] The cartoonier Adventures version rather than the Sat-Am.
1: Cro being made by Hanna-Barbera is an interesting change, but justified due to the long lifespan of Bert and Ernie.
2: Hashimoto-San deserved a reboot for the 90's. I mean, considering the success that was Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, reviving a lesser-known Terrytoons creation makes so much sense.
3: Has there been a crossover between Sonic and Cryptkeeper? Or even a reference?
4: Having Cadillacs and Dinosaurs be made by the studios that brought you all the Nintendo adaptations makes sense. After all, Yoshi has become quite popular recently, and Super Mario Kart is seemingly selling great on the SNES.
5: Half animation and half live-action on NBC? That's the best idea possible for preserving the network's lineups.
6: I looked up the Sailor Moon anime, and they apparently ran the entire first season before this dub premiered. Heck, Sailor Moon R is currently airing episodes in Japan at this point ITTL.
7: Considering the circumstances, it can't be hard to imagine more kids opting to watch Moon than Moo. You can use that for a Variety article headline, if you so wish.
8: Here's hoping Marsupilami does better than IOTL. Probably not, but it's fun to imagine.
9: Is it just me, or is it convenient that the Golden Shield and the Golden Harvesters are flip-flopping the late half of SBC's lineup this year?
10: Umbrella Tree must still be doing well in ratings to still be on, even if it is in reruns.
11: Does Bonkers take place in the Roger Rabbit universe?
12: Would the Backstreet Boys be able to make an album that solely consists of Disney theme song covers? I'm asking this because their singing talents would match the theme to Under the Umbrella Tree surprisingly well.

I'd have Time Warner buyout Westinghouse's share of sbc. I would also have them shutdown PTEN (Prime Time Entertainment Network ) and have Babylon Five air on SBC . I would also have Metro Media be bought out by Pepsi, Microsoft, Namco, The Virgin Group, Sony, Kodak, Johonson and Johnson or Viacom.

PNWKing

Banned
I hope some company could start a new studio. I'd like to see Pepsi, Microsoft, The Virgin Group, Sony, Kodak, Johnson & Johnson, Viacom, Hearst, ConAgra, General Electric, Anheuser-Busch, or Pillsbury start a studio with the names Spyglass Entertainment, Savoy Pictures, Trimark Pictures, Revolution Studios, or Relativity Media.

I hope some company could start a new studio. I'd like to see Pepsi, Microsoft, The Virgin Group, Sony, Kodak, Johnson & Johnson, Viacom, Hearst, ConAgra, General Electric, Anheuser-Busch, or Pillsbury start a studio with the names Spyglass Entertainment, Savoy Pictures, Trimark Pictures, Revolution Studios, or Relativity Media.
I too would like to see one of those companies start a new studio. I also wouldn't mind any of those companies buying out metro media, Caralco, Henson, Artisan Entertainment, Trimark or summit entertainment.

Last edited:
Richard Rich's Swan Princess is commng out soon atl. Who should distubitue it. I vote for RKO, Caraclo, Bally, Newline or Artisan Entertament

The X-Files (1993 TV Series)
The X-Files
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2FGillian-Anderson-and-David-Duchovny-in-The-X-Files-1200x675.jpg

Launched on September 10, 1993 on Fox.

Preface
Fox got 57.1% of the vote. Thanks to all who took part in the poll.

Created by
Chris Carter

Main theme and musical score by

Mark Snow

Main Cast
David Duchovny as Agent Fox Mulder
Gillian Anderson as Agent Dana Scully
Robert Patrick as John Doggett
Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes
Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner
William B. Davis as the Smoking Man
Nicholas Lea as Alex Krycek
Chris Owens as Jeffrey Spender
James Pickens, Jr. as Alvin Kersh

Notes
Squeeze, the third episode of the first season, aired with a dedication to the memory of Walt Disney, Sr., who passed away three days prior.​

The X-Files
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2FGillian-Anderson-and-David-Duchovny-in-The-X-Files-1200x675.jpg

Preface

Created by
Chris Carter

Mark Snow

Main Cast

Notes
Squeeze, the third episode of the first season, aired with a dedication to the memory of Walt Disney, Sr., who passed away three days prior.​
Can we please get a post dealing with Walt’s death and everyone’s reaction to it?
What was the exact date of Walt’s passing ITTL?

Last edited:
The X-Files

Preface

Created by
Chris Carter

Mark Snow

Main Cast

Notes
Well, RIP Walt Sr. I’m very sad to see him go.