As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Given how normalized anime has become since the 80's, most notably thanks to Disney under their Fox brand, would an English dub of Lupin the 3rd by DIC Entertainment be a good idea? I mean, Inspector Gadget was formed because there wasn't a market in the U.S. that could handle Lupin at the time, and DIC's brotherly relationship with Saban could also give Samurai Pizza Cats a better following compared to OTL, so why not have the Gentleman Thief have his day sooner than 2003?
If copyright issues between Monkey Punch and the Maurice Leblanc estate are resolved earlier ITTL, than I could see it happening.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993 TV Series)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
22GENZLINGER_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg

Launched on August 28, 1993 on SBC.

Produced by
Golden Harvest of America

Uses stock footage from the Japanese TV series Dinosaur Squad Ziyuranger, Gosei Sentai Diaranger and Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.

Main Cast (Season 1)
Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott/Red Ranger
Walter Jones as Zack Taylor/Black Ranger
Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan/Yellow Ranger
David Yost as Billy Cranston/Blue Ranger
Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Hart/Pink Ranger
Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger
Paul Schrier as Bulk
Jason Narvy as Skull
David Fielding as Zordon
Paul Reubens as Alpha Five
Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa

Season 2 Replacements (1994-95)
Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos
Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell
Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park
Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd​

PNWKing

Banned
Hashimoto-san was an early cartoon by Fleischer Studios. It is considered the first respectful portrayal of Japanese culture, and often Asian culture in general. I feel like Universal Cartoon Studios should reboot Hashimoto-san and have Archie print a manga-style comic of Hashimoto-san.

PNWKing

Banned
Oh, it looks like SBC has finally found a children's hit after FOX got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Just wait until Plush Dumbball (I'm giving him the same amount of respect he gave Michael J. Fox) finds out about how violent this show is and how it is made in Japan.

Golden Harvest of America is Saban Entertainment after Haim Saban opened a venture with Golden Harvest.
Oh. Well, in that case, if we were to compound Saban, DIC, and now Golden Harvest, would the likes of Sailor Moon, Digimon, Speed Racer X, and Knights of the Zodiac wind up as productions of the last of those three? I mean, assuming those dubs wouldn't go to other studios ITTL, it would make sense. After all, DIC handled the first, third, and fourth of these dubs ITTL, while Saban made bank off of Digimon. And if we were to also consider Saban essentially buying DIC a few years ago, it just adds up!

PNWKing

Banned
I heard that Eclipse Comics is still independent. Would it be possible for Eclipse to be bought out by Bally, Turner, Viacom, Sony, Henson, Nike, or Coca-Cola?

PNWKing

Banned
Is it possible for SBC to go defunct? I just ask because Westinghouse went bankrupt in 1999 IOTL, but after circumstances that probably wouldn't happen ITTL (namely them buying CBS and getting the AFC rights for a couple million which bankrupted the company.) I'm sure Metromedia is on shaky financial ground though ITTL, and the decline of the American electronics industry due to cheaper competition from Asia still happened ITTL in the same way. So SBC might end up going defunct, if they don't have a huge hit on their hands with Power Rangers.

Is it possible for SBC to go defunct? I just ask because Westinghouse went bankrupt in 1999 IOTL, but after circumstances that probably wouldn't happen ITTL (namely them buying CBS and getting the AFC rights for a couple million which bankrupted the company.) I'm sure Metromedia is on shaky financial ground though ITTL, and the decline of the American electronics industry due to cheaper competition from Asia still happened ITTL in the same way. So SBC might end up going defunct, if they don't have a huge hit on their hands with Power Rangers.
I sure hope Metromedia surrvies

PNWKing

Banned
So I have an idea. It all starts in 1983 OTL (and presumably TTL) when WSM (radio) and Westinghouse teamed up to form The Nashville Network. In 1985, the network was acquired by Gaylord Entertainment Company. (OTL, probably still TTL). In 1995, Westinghouse acquired The Nashville Network alongside Country Music Television. Since Country Music Television and The Nashville Network were redundant with each other, they decided to rebrand The Nashville Network to TNN. Westinghouse became CBS Corporation OTL (but obviously not TTL). In 2003, Viacom (which had bought CBS in 2000), rebranded TNN as Spike. Spike appealed to "alpha male dudebro types" (think beer swilling and casual treatment of rape). However as cultural norms changed, Spike became more obsolete and the channel was rebranded as Paramount Network (after Viacom's flagship asset, the movie studio Paramount Pictures) and will be rebranded soon to Paramount Movie Network, focusing on Paramount movies.

Here's an idea for TTL. What if Gaylord Entertainment sells The Nashville Network to Metromedia. (Since they sold it to Westinghouse IOTL, and Westinghouse is Metromedia's partner in SBC.) Metromedia realizes there can't be two country focused networks and rebrands the Nashville Network as either YOU Network or Great American Television. The new network begins to focus on prestige TV. (Think IOTL Miramax about this time, but as a TV network, or a basic cable HBO.)

If mega mergers will be a thing ITTL, then maybe the Jim Henson could buy Disney by the time of 2017-2019. That would certainly be an ahistorical illustration.

Entertainment News for Late-August 1993
Power Rangers save the day for SBC after four straight years of sagging ratings.
- TV Guide

TimeWarner and Turner each express an interest in acquiring Westinghouse's stake in SBC.
- The Wall Street Journal

Nirvana's upcoming album In Utero exceeds pre-order sales of Nevermind.
- Billboard

The Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream still in the top ten a month since its release.
- MTV News

The Sports Page

After 11 years, the WLAF's Michigan Panthers abruptly say goodbye to the Motor City. Years of attendance and championship bliss have now given way to the resurgence of the NFL Lions thanks to running back Barry Sanders. Last year, the club was sold to Oklahoma businessman Aubrey McClendon along with minority partner Clay Bennett. So with the Panthers' departure, we will now say hello to the Oklahoma Outlaws in 1994.
- SportsCenter

Cobras, Cougars, Pumas and Rhinos are among the nicknames floating around for Charlotte's NFL expansion bid. Even with those options, a completely different name might rise to the top. Felix Sabates and company have recently acquired the rights to the "Panthers" nickname for pennies on the dollar from the soon-to-be Oklahoma Outlaws of the WLAF in a backroom deal with Aubrey McClendon, the new Outlaw majority owner.
- The Charlotte Observer

Could this be the final year of Whaler hockey in Hartford? Wayne Huizenga of Miami, Paul Allen of Portland, Jerry Colangelo of Phoenix, Felix Sabates of Charlotte and Larry H. Miller of Salt Lake City are the frontrunners to acquire the team at the conclusion of the 1993-94 season.
- The Hockey News

Rumors continue to swirl that the Winnipeg Jets could also be on the move should they fail to get a new arena built in Manitoba.
- TSN SportsDesk

Fay Vincent says he will step down as Commissioner of Baseball after this year's World Series. But for Major League Baseball, finding a successor won't be easy. Among those in the running to succeed him are NBA senior vice president Gary Bettman, Milwaukee Brewers chairman Bud Selig, National League president Bill White, Philadelphia Phillies chairman Bill Giles and University of Kansas chancellor Gene Budig.
- Baseball Tonight