As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I love it.

@QTXAdsy Any thoughts on a potential Universal Studios Battersea?
Could work though the lack of space might hinder them in the long term unless Universal buy the surrounding land. Funny you should mention Battersea as during this period that then Alton Towers owner, John Broome, nearly managed to make a theme park on the complex before costs spiraled to cancel the project.

That case then Universal will step in and take it on with the money they have. Think might go well here with the proposal.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to those.
The ITV franchise auction winners of ‘91 special:

Ten ITV franchises sold back to original owners without serious competition in the last phase (Border, Scottish, Channel, Central, Anglia, Grampian, Tyne Tees, Ulster, HTV and LWT).

TV-AM lost to Sunrise Television, backed by The Jim Henson Company, The Guardian newspaper, LWT and Scottish Television. The chairman of TV-AM said that he think that Sunrise will go under by ‘94 (IOTL, those words were Bruce Gyngell’s words), to which in the first press conference, Henson and LWT chairman Greg Dyke both laughed at his claims.

Yorkshire lost it’s license to White Rose Television, TSW lost it’s license to Westcounty Television, but Granada, makers of Britain’s longest running soap opera, Coronation Street, despite heavy competition from Northwest Television, founded by Phil Redmond of Brookside fame, it came out winning with a bid of £9 million.

TVS, the franchise for the the south of England lost to the Richard Branson-led CPV-TV, they have said they would have people in their region do a ”name the channel“ contest. TVS is looking at a sale like ITC/Central’s sale to Henson.

And lastly, the biggest of all ITV companies, Thames Television has lost to Carlton Television, a production company best known for Inspector Moore, Micheal Green have a very good time celebrating as winners while at Thames, staff especially Danger Mouse co-creator Brian Cosgrove who said that Carlton will never do something special, Thames is now opened to a bidding war starting in February 1993.

Kick
If Jhon K dosn't feel to south america I have an alternative idea for what to do with him. Being unhring by any animation studio john gets a job as an before being arrested for pedophilpe. I hope I won't regrett the following bit. Jhon K's vitim is a young Julia vickerman the furture creator of 12 forever. The reason I chose Julia Vickerman as Jhon K's vitim is because OTl she grew up to be a pedophile .Do you think being raped by Jhon K would scare her straight. a

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
If Jhon K dosn't feel to south america I have an alternative idea for what to do with him. Being unhring by any animation studio john gets a job as an before being arrested for pedophilpe. I hope I won't regrett the following bit. Jhon K's vitim is a young Julia vickerman the furture creator of 12 forever. The reason I chose Julia Vickerman as Jhon K's vitim is because OTl she grew up to be a pedophile .Do you think being raped by Jhon K would scare her straight. a
Have you lost your bleein' mind?

Actually putting Rape out as a possible punishment/behavior modification tool?

What the actual...

This probably should be a straight up Ban, in fact it is been a while since I have been personally as offended by a post here (which, not coincidentally was also related to rape) I'm going to give you every possible bit of positive spin here and assume you really didn't mean this to read the way it does.

KNOW, with the certainty that the Sun will rise tomorrow, that you have used up every damned nanometer of slack you have on this Board.

Kicked for a week.

PNWKing

Banned
I don't really have any suggestions for The Avengers. Except maybe that the villain should be Loki, as Thanos wasn't created yet, and that Jim Belushi play Loki.

PNWKing

Banned
May I suggest just so that @Goldwind2 doesn't say something banworthy about her again, that Julia Vickerman be butterflied. I would love to see Rachel Stone create her series 12 Forever instead.

What.The.FU-

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991 Movie)
An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
an%20american%20tail-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures on November 8, 1991.

Directed by
Phil Nibbelink
Lachlan Cunningham

Screenplay by
Flint Dille

Based upon characters created by
David Kirschner
Judy Freudberg
Tony Geiss

Music by
James Horner

Voices
Philip Glasser as Fievel Mouskewitz
Cathy Cavadini as Tanya Mouskewitz
Dom DeLuise as Tiger
Amy Irving as Miss Kitty
Freddie Starr as Cat R. Waul
Jon Lovitz as T.R. Chula
Nehemiah Persoff as Papa Mousekewitz
Erica Yohn as Mama Mousekewitz
Jimmy Stewart as Wylie Burp

Additional Voices
Dan Castellaneta
Rob Paulsen
Peter Renaday
Pat Buttram
Jim Cummings
Greg Rhodes
Arthur Burghardt
Will Ryan

Fievel Goes West was the the last role for Jimmy Stewart, who voices Wylie Burp. He passed away five and a half years after this film's release.

Fievel Goes West was also the last overall project to carry the Famous Studios name, which was changed to Universal Cartoon Studios halfway into post production.​

Entertainment News for Early November 1991
The Jim Henson Company cuts the ribbon on its new studio backlot, the former home of MGM and Miramax.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Judith Barsi made a surprise visit to the Fox 19 Kids Club right before yesterday's airing of DuckTales.
- The Spokesman-Review

The Simpsons
hit the nail on the head with its most recent episode featuring a disgruntled Itchy and Scratchy artist who winds up creating a rival series called Steve Alcohol: Briton!. Of course, in the face of miserable failure, this disgruntled artist is met with tons of schadenfreude...and a jail sentence.
- Entertainment Weekly

Madeline
and Zelda are NBC's biggest Saturday Morning hits this season.
- TV Guide

The Jim Henson Company cuts the ribbon on its new studio backlot, the former home of MGM and Miramax.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Judith Barsi made a surprise visit to the Fox 19 Kids Club right before yesterday's airing of DuckTales.
- The Spokesman-Review

The Simpsons
hit the nail on the head with its most recent episode featuring a disgruntled Itchy and Scratchy artist who winds up creating a rival series called Steve Alcohol: Briton!. Of course, in the face of miserable failure, this disgruntled artist is met with tons of schadenfreude...and a jail sentence.
- Entertainment Weekly

Madeline
and Zelda are NBC's biggest Saturday Morning hits this season.
- TV Guide
1: Here's hoping that Henson brings genuine prowess to the lot.
2: A well-deserved visit, in my opinion.
3: Not only did it hit the nail on the head, but I'd argue that Judith wouldn't have appreciated such an accurate string of parodies targeted at one man.
4: Speaking as someone who watched Madeline on Playhouse Disney growing up, I couldn't be happier about this.
5: On that note, what's NBC's worst Saturday Morning show this season?

- The Hollywood Reporter
The Jim Henson Company to rename ITC/ATV Animation to Henson Central Animation starting with it’s next series, starting in March in Japan.
- The Times

Hint: She is the one named…

1: Here's hoping that Henson brings genuine prowess to the lot.
2: A well-deserved visit, in my opinion.
3: Not only did it hit the nail on the head, but I'd argue that Judith wouldn't have appreciated such an accurate string of parodies targeted at one man.
4: Speaking as someone who watched Madeline on Playhouse Disney growing up, I couldn't be happier about this.
5: On that note, what's NBC's worst Saturday Morning show this season?
NBC's worst rated show so far has been WishKid.

Any news on the 1992 campaign? November 1991 means that most candidates should have announced by now.

Up for re-election:
Ted Bundy (R-WA)

Running to primary Bundy in '92
Jack Kemp (R-NY)
Bob Dole (R-KS)
George H.W. Bush (R-TX)

Democrats running in '92
Paul Simon (D-IL)
Ann Richards (D-TX)
Jerry Brown (D-CA)
Al Gore (D-TN)
Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
Mario Cuomo (D-NY)
Paul Tsongas (D-MA)
Douglas Wilder (D-WV)
Bill Bradley (D-NJ)
Michael Dukakis (D-MA)
Rev. Jesse Jackson (D-SC)
Lee Hamilton (D-IN)
Bob Graham (D-FL)

Running as independents
Ross Perot (I-TX)
Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

The Jim Henson Company to rename ITC/ATV Animation to Henson Central Animation starting with it’s next series, starting in March in Japan.
- The Times

Hint: She is the one named…
Please stop trying to dictate what happens in timeline that is not yours? I have made that mistake before and it’s not a good thing to do.

NBC's worst rated show so far has been WishKid.
With good reasons. I mean, not only is it the most expendable DIC show in that year's lineup, what with Madeline being a showstopper and Big Nate having the schtick of "underachiever with an imagination" covered much better for its time, but it's the only animated series on the block that isn't based on an existing IP. You could just watch The Pirates of Dark Water or Bobby's World if you're looking for original concepts on the Big Four.