As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Speaking of Nicktoons, what would be the third original Nicktoon without Ren and Stimpy? Anyone got ideas?

Mine is probably an earlier Rocko's Modern Life, imo.
I feel that nickoldean progming will be alot differnet form otl because Hanbara owns nickolean. I feel that many nicktoons would end up on warner freeform , cartoon network, boradcat tv or on cartoon express

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder if Turner Broadcasting has built the CNN Center yet?
For that matter I want to hear about the operations of all the media conglomerates. For example in the original American Magic, Marvel was based at 30 Rockefeller Center. Since Disney doesn't own NBC in this TL (it's owned by Coke), where is Marvel based? And is WPIX based out of the same building?

@OldNavy1988, I’m actually good with Rocko’s Modern Life happening earlier, to fill the Ren & Stimpy void as the third Nicktoon, also leaked info have confirmed that ITC/Central will announced the winner of the bidding war for is assets on September 20, and the Independent Television Commission have confirmed that winners of the ‘91 ITV franchise auction will be announced on October 16th.

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder if Sony has looked at buying a studio. Samuel Goldwyn Pictures, Carolco, and Amblin Entertainment might all be options.

Has Turner built the CNN Center yet?
Where is Disney's East Coast operations center?
CNN Center was originally built as the Omni Complex in 1976. CNN moved in in 1987.

Disney's East Coast operations are on Avenue of the Americas (aka Sixth Avenue) in Midtown Manhattan, in the same building where the NHL has its league office.

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
I have an idea for a sitcom. It deals with two girls whose dad remarried after their mom died in a car wreck to a former nun.

NOW....

For that third Nicktoon slot, I have three ideas...

- Ren and Stimpy with Bob Camp as TTL's creator.
- Ralph Bakshi's Tattertown.
- An earlier version of Canadian series What's with Andy?, which launched IOTL in 2001 on ABC Family in the US and Teletoon in Canada.

One stays, the others....go to Warner Freeform, MTV or TNT I guess.

And another thing, I was thinking of having Shezow start off as a Dark Horse Comic before being adapted to basic or premium cable by either Carolco or New Line. Might have a different title or main character name.

Any thoughts?

- An earlier version of Canadian series What's with Andy?, which launched IOTL in 2001 on ABC Family in the US and Teletoon in Canada.

I would go with R&S as created by Bob Camp.
Meanwhile, I would locate Tattertown at Warner Freeform, while What's with Andy? waits a few more years before its debut.

NOW....

And another thing, I was thinking of having Shezow start off as a Dark Horse Comic before being adapted to basic or premium cable by either Carolco or New Line. Might have a different title or main character name.

Any thoughts?
I'd go for either Ren and Stimpy or Tattertown, but that depends on how different this iteration of Ren and Stimpy is without John K.'s influence.

A Brief History of the Henson Backlot as of 1991
MGMColonnade-page-3.jpg

Jim Henson Studios
Culver City, California

Located on the corner of Overland Avenue and Washington Boulevard.

Not to be confused with the Culver Studios, former home of Selznick International. IOTL, the former Selznick facilities are now home to Amazon Studios. IOTL, the backlot featured in this post is the home to Sony Pictures Entertainment since about 1990.

The lot opened in 1915, originally serving as the home to the short-lived Triangle Film Corporation.

In 1918, the lot became home to Goldwyn Pictures, founded by Samuel Goldwyn. Eventually, theatre owner Marcus Loew led a series of acquisitions and mergers that turned the tiny Goldwyn Pictures into Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

The backlot served as the home of MGM from 1924 until 1981 when the film company was sold to Turner Broadcasting System.
mgm-studios-culver-city-california-usa-14129001.jpg.webp

56162.149058.jpg

MGM%20Studios%20East%20Gate%201960%20wm.jpg

In 1985, after a year in limbo, the lot was sold to Australian-born newspaper baron Rupert Murdoch to serve as a headquarters for his then-film division, Miramax Films.
36-Rupert-Murdoch-Corbis_0.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

In the summer of 1991, after losing nearly $40 million on the short-lived cable cartoon The George Liquor Show, Murdoch sold the lot to Michael Eisner, chairman of The Jim Henson Company.
michael-eisner-during-the-3rd-annual-american-teacher-awards-by-the-picture-id105175108
photo_jim-henson-2.jpg

The First Nicktoons (1991 Franchise Launch)
On August 11, 1991, Nickelodeon launched three new animated series that would comprise the first wave of creator-driven cartoons under the Nicktoons brand.

Doug-1991-1994.JPG

Doug
Created by Jim Jinkins
Produced by Jumbo Pictures and Ellipse Programme

Voices
Billy West as Doug Funnie and Roger Klotz
Bumper Robinson as Skeeter Valentine
Constance Schulman as Patty Mayonnaise
Becca Lish as Judy Funnie
Alice Playten as Beebe Bluff
Fred Newman as Porkchop and Mr. Dink
Doug Preis (impersonating Don Knotts) as Mr. Bone

nto-JCenTial.jpg

Rugrats
Created by Arlene Klasky, Gabor Csupo, Paul Germain
Produced by Klasky-Csupo

Voices
EG Daily as Tommy Pickles
Christine Cavanaugh as Chuckie Finster
Cheryl Chase as Angelica Pickles
Cree Summer as Susie Carmichael
Kath Soucie as Phil, Lil and Betty DeVille
Michael Bell as Chaz Finster and Drew Pickles
Jack Riley as Stu Pickles
Tress MacNielle as Charlotte Pickles
David Doyle as Grandpa Lou
Tony Jay as Dr. Lipschitz

ren-stimpy.jpg

The Ren and Stimpy Show
Created by Bob Camp
Produced by Bob Lab Studios

Main Voices
Dan Castellaneta as Ren Hoek
Billy West as Stimpy
Corey Burton as Mr. Horse
Gary Owens as Powdered Toast Man
Harris Peet as Muddy Mudskipper
Jack Carter as Wilbur Cobb
Frank Gorshin as The Rev. Jack Cheese

NOTES
Neither John Kricfalusi, nor Ray Spum are involved with TTL's version of Ren and Stimpy.​

Last edited: