As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder if Artisan Entertainment can be more successful in this TL. I'd also like to see Trimark, Relativity Media, and Revolution Studios be more successful.

I wonder if Artisan Entertainment can be more successful in this TL. I'd also like to see Trimark, Relativity Media, and Revolution Studios be more successful.
IOTL, I think Artisan made maybe three good films; Blair Witch, Ghost Dog and Van Wilder. There might be another I'm missing. However, I felt that Artisan's logo was a bit bland compared to what they had when they used to be Live. Even then, Live Entertainment sounded a little redundant namewise.

I do kinda like Trimark's cat pyramid logo though.

Opening to the Fall 1990/Spring 1991 VHS of the first TMNT movie
It was initially announced in the Spring of 1990 that Buena Vista Home Entertainment would take over the TMNT license. Over the summer months after the first TMNT movie hit theatres, a compromise between Mirage, Disney and Carolco was reached. Carolco would retain home video distribution for the TV show while Buena Vista handled the movies. Future TMNT tapes and laserdiscs under Carolco would keep the "handwriting pad" logo of Family Home Entertainment, used by FHE since at least 1985. This summer (1991), all other FHE licensed properties will start using the CGI "paintbrush" logo.

To complicate things a tad further, this compromise was reached about just a few months before Carolco entered merger talks with Grand Diamond.

Without further ado, here's how the opening of the first TMNT movie on VHS looks like in the US ITTL:
x1080

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

x720

The Pizza Hut "Right Field" Commercial
snapshot3.jpg

VO (Grant Goodeve): "And now for our feature presentation!"
Music: Great Ovation by Steve Gray
hqdefault.jpg

Finally, the film begins with the combined "double fanfare" arranged by John Du Prez.
hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

tmnt-movie1.jpg

DbAUDsCUQAAJ_ij.jpg

DVD%20CaptureTMNT005-L.png

TMNT1.png

Does this mean that we won't see the Walt Disney Home Video logo on the series releases? Because I was looking forward to that, as they owned a majority of the franchise!

PNWKing

Banned
I just had a thought. You know who could play the grown up version of the black kid in It? Denzel Washington.

I just had a thought. You know who could play the grown up version of the black kid in It? Denzel Washington.
Denzel as Adult Mike Hanlon. Cool.

Now, is there anyone you had in mind for the other Losers' Club members as adults?

In the original American Magic, I had Weird Al as the adult Richie Tozier.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to the Summer Blockbusters of '91?
Yes, are we getting Batman Returns here and if so will it avoid the Happy Meals debacle?

I could see perhaps it being quite different to OTL film such as no Shreck here and maybe a less downer ending such as Selina/Catwoman actually going with Bruce rather than rejecting it.

Would be interesting to see what you'd have in mind for it.

Yes, are we getting Batman Returns here and if so will it avoid the Happy Meals debacle?

I could see perhaps it being quite different to OTL film such as no Shreck here and maybe a less downer ending such as Selina/Catwoman actually going with Bruce rather than rejecting it.

Would be interesting to see what you'd have in mind for it.
Yes, we are indeed getting Batman Returns.

I was thinking that instead of Shreck, we instead get Killer Croc. Or should the story be tightened to just have the Penguin and Catwoman?

MEANWHILE...

I don't have a Shazam/Captain Thunder yet. Nor do I have a Blue Beetle.

Not sure if I want to have The Avengers or Spider-Man for '92, or to just save both for later. OR...I might have The Avengers for a A Very, Merry Marvel Christmas in '91?

Star Trek III: The Voyage Home (1991 Film)
Star Trek III: The Voyage Home
doohanfamst-7.jpg

Released by RKO Radio Pictures on May 24, 1991.

Written and Directed by
Harve Bennett

Music by
James Horner

Star Trek: The Motion Picture theme by
Jerry Goldsmith

Main Cast
William Shatner as Admiral James T. Kirk
Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock
George Takei as Mr. Sulu
Walter Koenig as Pavel Chekov
James Doohan as Scotty
Nichelle Nichols as Uhura
DeForest Kelley as Bones
Majel Barrett as Christine Chapel

After nine years and dozens of scripts and story treatments, Star Trek finally returns to the big screen with The Voyage Home. In this film, we are introduced to the El-Aurians and their leader Hadron Mazah (Eddie Murphy), who quickly becomes an ally to the Enterprise crew as they must return to Earth and intercept a "whale probe."

The VHS & Laserdisc release of Star Trek III: The Voyage Home was dedicated to the memory of creator Gene Roddenberry, who passed away just a few months after the film's theatrical run.​

Star Trek III: The Voyage Home
doohanfamst-7.jpg

Released by RKO Radio Pictures on May 24, 1991.

Written and Directed by
Harve Bennett

Music by
James Horner

Star Trek: The Motion Picture theme by
Jerry Goldsmith

Main Cast
William Shatner as Admiral James T. Kirk
Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock
George Takei as Mr. Sulu
Walter Koenig as Pavel Chekov
James Doohan as Scotty
Nichelle Nichols as Uhura
DeForest Kelley as Bones
Majel Barrett as Christine Chapel

After nine years and dozens of scripts and story treatments, Star Trek finally returns to the big screen with The Voyage Home. In this film, we are introduced to the El-Aurians and their leader Hadron Mazah (Eddie Murphy), who quickly becomes an ally to the Enterprise crew as they must return to Earth and intercept a "whale probe."

The VHS & Laserdisc release of Star Trek III: The Voyage Home was dedicated to the memory of creator Gene Roddenberry, who passed away just a few months after the film's theatrical run.​
How are Columbia pictures doing at this time

Yes, we are indeed getting Batman Returns.

I was thinking that instead of Shreck, we instead get Killer Croc. Or should the story be tightened to just have the Penguin and Catwoman?

MEANWHILE...

I don't have a Shazam/Captain Thunder yet. Nor do I have a Blue Beetle.

Not sure if I want to have The Avengers or Spider-Man for '92, or to just save both for later. OR...I might have The Avengers for a A Very, Merry Marvel Christmas in '91?
Personally I'd tighten the story with just Penguin and Catwoman though Harvey Dent deserves to be in it and end with his transformation to Two-Face.

Thing is with Penguin and Shreck is that you could combine both characters that has Pengiun taken up most of Shreck's Power plant subplot making him a more traditional version of the character rather that the deformed version in OTL which was Burton's choice so its likely that would be avoided here. Yes, it makes things less interesting for that take on the character but at least it's close to the source materiel plus fewer characters makes things less bloated.

Catwoman I'd have her story pretty much the same (still with Pfeiffer personally unless she's in Avengers here) though as I mentioned before with a happier ending which would see her part of TTL'S Batman Forever should that happen.

Now with Avengers, I'd have it for Christmas with Spider-Man out the following year likely having it avoid Batman Returns' release.

PNWKing

Banned
I just had an idea. Why not build an indoor theme park in Bozeman, Montana. I know it sounds like a complete flop, but it could work. It could attract the tourists from Yellowstone who want something a bit closer then Ellitch Gardens in Denver. I think Metromedia, Bally, or Six Kings could do it.