As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Bob Clampett signs deal with CBS/Columbia Pictures Home Video to bring his Beany and Cecil series to videocassette and laserdisc.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Bidding war for NBC comes down to five competitors: Gulf+Western, MCA, Turner, Coca-Cola & General Electric.
- Variety
Glad to see Beany and Cecil getting genuine home video releases.

For once, I don't know who should get NBC out of those five.

1984 movie outlook
Splash (Touchstone)
Red Dawn (Turner)
Sixteen Candles (Universal)
The Muppets Take Manhattan (Touchstone/Henson)
The Terminator (Hemdale)
Nightmare on Elm Street (New Line)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Fox/Amblin)
The Jungle Book (Disney)
2010: The Year We Make Contact (Turner)
Frankenweenie (Disney)
Top Secret (Paramount)
Gremlins (Warner Bros/Amblin)
Beverly Hills Cop (Paramount)
The Karate Kid (Columbia)
Ghostbusters (Paramount)
Footloose (Paramount)
This is Spinal Tap (Embassy)
Police Academy (Warner Bros)
Hardbodies (Grand Diamond)
The Mighty Thor (Fox/Marvel)
Urusei Yatsura: Only You (Fox)
Firestarter (Grand Diamond or TriStar)
Prince: Purple Rain (Turner or Grand Diamond)
The Neverending Story (Vestron or Universal)
Amadeus (Hemdale or Paramount)
I hoped Splash release with Fox and The Neverending Story with Hyperion. :(

I think that Daniel Abbott should join Alcoholics Anonymous. It's either that, or he ends up joining a certain religious organization cult with an attraction to Hollywood types that no one has yet to bring up on this thread. (Just ask Tom Cruise, Eddie Deezen, Michael Pena, and John Travolta which one).
Fixed that for you. 😛

I think that Daniel Abbott should join Alcoholics Anonymous. It's either that, or he ends up joining a certain religious organization with an attraction to Hollywood types that no one has yet to bring up on this thread. (Just ask Tom Cruise, Eddie Deezen, Michael Pena, and John Travolta which one).

Alcoholics Anonymous would be a better choice for him.

Sadly, Scientology is still a thing ITTL. Ronald Reagan, chairman of Americans for Responsible Television, is their newest recruit.
I don't know which is worse. The fact that Scientology still exists, the fact that Ronald Reagan was recruited. or the fact that this likely means that he'll be President while also being a member of the cult at the same time.

Sadly, Scientology is still a thing ITTL. Ronald Reagan, chairman of Americans for Responsible Television, is their newest recruit.
Oh God....!
Scientologist Reagan.....

I don't know which is worse. The fact that Scientology still exists, the fact that Ronald Reagan was recruited. or the fact that this likely means that he'll be President while also being a member of the cult at the same time.
d) All of the Above.

[1] Trey's real name is Walter Elias Disney III. He was born on June 11, 1979.
de6yx7j-31c8a412-64e0-40dc-a7d3-9eda82cd2931.jpg

[2] Tiffany Lillian Disney was born on February 4, 1983.
de6yx73-e3bad888-1418-4147-986e-a4c73e44d395.jpg

Where already in the 80's andoldnavy hasn't mention who is president. I suggested Shirley temple as alternate to reagan so we could still have an actor in the whitehouse but oldnavy didn't like my idea

Considering how strong Protestantism is in American politics I doubt Reagan will be president ITTL. In fact based on this update it seems he not even in politics anymore.
Where already in the 80's andoldnavy hasn't mention who is president.
It's either still Jimmy Carter or George H.W. Bush.
I suggested Shirley temple as alternate to reagan so we could still have an actor in the whitehouse but oldnavy didn't like my idea
Not likely unless politics, gender roles and gender in politics is dramatically different from OTL.

Considering how strong Protestantism is in American politics I doubt Reagan will be president ITTL. In fact based on this update it seems he not even in politics anymore.

Not likely unless politics, gender roles and gender in politics is dramatically different from OTL.

Carter was elected to a second term in 1980. And because of that, he will leave office regardless of who wins in 1984.

Shirley temple ran for congress as republican in otl and lost. Her run caught the attention of Ronald Reagan who named her ambassador to Ghana

Shirley temple ran for congress as republican in otl and lost. Her run caught the attention of Ronald Reagan who named her ambassador to Ghana
She ran in a special election in 1967 and lost not only the Republican nomination but came in a distant third in the general election and that is as far as her political career went. All of that occurred to close to Walt's death to be affected by butterflies, so again I doubt it.

Entertainment News for Early March 1984
Reagan's ties to the Church of Scientology of utmost concern to voters heading to the polls for state primaries.
- The Washington Post

Walt Disney, Jr. announces a longterm plan to bring his father's animated classics to home video.
- The Los Angeles Times

Justice Department approves Amblin Entertainment's purchase of Lucasfilm, Ltd.
- CNN

Jay Ward Productions seeking third-party partners for VHS and laserdisc releases of its classic cartoon library.
- Variety

Chuck Jones hints at a reunion project with Dr. Seuss.
- Good Morning America

Reagan's ties to the Church of Scientology of utmost concern to voters heading to the polls for state primaries.
- The Washington Post

Walt Disney, Jr. announces a longterm plan to bring his father's animated classics to home video.
- The Los Angeles Times

Justice Department approves Amblin Entertainment's purchase of Lucasfilm, Ltd.
- CNN

Jay Ward Productions seeking third-party partners for VHS and laserdisc releases of its classic cartoon library.
- Variety

Chuck Jones hints at a reunion project with Dr. Seuss.
- Good Morning America
I couldn't agree more!

And what exactly is this plan?

As do I.

Might I suggest Disney or Universal? I chose Disney because they had the home video rights IOTL and have made some top quality anime dubs ITTL. Lest we forget about the "bootlegged Urusei Yatsura releases" fiasco 1-2 years back. Likewise, I chose Universal as a back-up option because they own the characters IOTL.

Considering their work(s) in the past, I am more than hyped for this!

The Colts Leave Baltimore
March 28, 1984
1396111387000-F17-Indianapolis-burn-02.jpg

The Baltimore Colts leave the city where they were loved....

9109115445ad94365294c5386a4b48c7.jpg

....to a new domed stadium that awaited them in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The Baltimore Sun mourned the Colts' departure the next day.
Layered-papers.jpg

rockabilly-pinup.jpg
"At the time, I was hired by 20th Century-Fox to work on the Movietoon revival. When I got home from my first day at Fox, I got a message on my answering machine from my older brother Randy, who was still living in Baltimore. He told me that the Colts, the football team we loved when we were kids, had up and left in the middle of the night."

"Some of my friends back in Baltimore began rooting for the Washington Heroes. I couldn't see myself doing the same because the Beltway rivalry used to be so bitter. Plus, my dad despised the Heroes when they used to be the Redskins because of George Preston Marshall dragging his feet on the integration of African-American players."

- Rachel Stone; 1999 interview with Animation Magazine.

PNWKing

Banned
At least there's always the USFL, which without Trump, should last a bit longer. Come to think of it I think the USFL should expand to Portland and Baltimore.

Potential team names
Portland:
-Thorns
-Pioneers
-Voyageurs

Baltimore:
-Sailors
-Cougars
-Chaplains

PNWKing

Banned
I also think that if Coca-Cola purchases NBC, then they need to look at an animation studio. There's no way that they can program an entire Saturday Morning on Starfleet Academy reruns. Plus, it would allow for RKO to make their own animated feature films.