As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I’m thinking that while Robin Hood might use the same character designs the movie would feature a lot more original animation than the OTL one.

Snoopy Come Home (1973 Film)
Snoopy Come Home
MV5BYTMyNWVjZDQtNDE1YS00ZTI4LWE4ZDMtMzJlMDVlYTliNTU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Released by Desilu on January 5, 1973

Directed by
Bill Melendez

Produced by
Charles M. Schulz
Lee Mendelson
Bill Melendez

Songs by
The Sherman Brothers​

Current Disney Pipeline

1973: Robin Hood
1974: Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too [short]
1975: Beauty and the Beast
1977: TBD
1978: The Small One [short]
1979: TBD

On the bubble:
The Snow Queen
Rapunzel
The Rescuers
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

For the time being, Disney still farms out a few scenes here and there to Grantray-Lawrence.

I would put Winnie the Pooh for Spring 1977, saves it from competing with Star Wars, Rapunzel and Snow Queen for the 80's for sure.

The rest I'm not sure where, however I was thinking about trying to make an adaptation of Rumpelstiltskin that could be done somewhere down the line? Would be interesting to go for a more anti-hero approach for the character than a straight up villain. Could be seen as an experimental film for Disney to come out in 1979 being done by the animators of Robin Hood if that film flops and this could be done as something to try and redeem themselves in way? I can try and throw together a plot if you like and the more I think about it I could see it being something interesting to try out.

Will Don Bluth still create all of his classic 80's animated films except for Disney? Can Disney still make a better version of Fox & the Hound?

Snoopy Come Home
MV5BYTMyNWVjZDQtNDE1YS00ZTI4LWE4ZDMtMzJlMDVlYTliNTU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Released by Desilu on January 5, 1973

Directed by
Bill Melendez

Produced by
Charles M. Schulz
Lee Mendelson
Bill Melendez

Songs by
The Sherman Brothers​
Snoopy come home was proposed not propudeced by Desiliu otl. It was the last flim made by cinema center flims. Cinema flims was cbs first of 3 attempts at making a film production studio the other two being cbs flims and cbs theritiacal flims . Did Cinema center flims still exist or was it butter fied or went out of bussiness early. Cinema center flims were distubied by a company called national general. Does any body like the idea of deusi buying out national genral so they have a distubiotn arm for thier company

National general neaver prodcuded film. They disubited films for other cmpanies manily cinema center films which was a prodcution firm founded by cbs. So who did naitonal general sell thier distubtion two. Was it delsiu.

Wikipedia said:
When the company failed to acquire Warner Bros. in 1969 by rejection from the anti-trust division of the Justice Department, NGP was closed in 1970. By 1970, all the instant majors had each captured 10% of the market.
Looks like @OldNavy1988 right about National General.

Entertainment News for Spring 1973
A legislative act that hopes to protect the CFL from a proposed merger with the AFL and NFL is introduced in Parliament.
MORE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Football_Act
- The Ottawa Citizen

The Federal Trade Commission approves CBS's bid to acquire cash-strapped DC Comics the day after approving the sale of Marvel Comics to Walt Disney Productions.
- The Washington Post

NBA grants an expansion franchise to New Orleans, which will begin play in 1974.
- The Sporting News

If you scorll down it says natinal genral corpertion was still disubing films in 1973

National General Corporation did distribute films until the end of 1973 as you had stated but in November of that same year American Financial Corporation (Which took over NGC in 1972) at that time had decided to sell NGC/NGP's releasing contracts and film library to Warner Bros while the remnants of National General then just containing 240 theaters were sold in 19973 to Mann Theatres. National General would cease operations in February of 1974.

National General Corporation did distribute films until the end of 1973 as you had stated but in November of that same year American Financial Corporation (Which took over NGC in 1972) at that time had decided to sell NGC/NGP's releasing contracts and film library to Warner Bros while the remnants of National General then just containing 240 theaters were sold in 19973 to Mann Theatres. National General would cease operations in February of 1974.

Yeah and Mann pretty much buys National General's theatres anyway ITTL.

I the idea of butterflying the regan administration . If you agree with should butterfly regan with a second carter term or buy have another republican candaite in 1980. I like the idea of Shirey Temple black running for president. She did have a fialed run for senate . If we want we to have jimmy carter get relected I suggest we butterfly the irania hostage criss. The best way to do that the shah die in the 70's. That would led to his charsmisc and popular become regant opening up iran to reform that would defuse the support for the atthyolaa

I the idea of butterflying the regan administration . If you agree with should butterfly regan with a second carter term or buy have another republican candaite in 1980. I like the idea of Shirey Temple black running for president. She did have a fialed run for senate . If we want we to have jimmy carter get relected I suggest we butterfly the irania hostage criss. The best way to do that the shah die in the 70's. That would led to his charsmisc and popular become regant opening up iran to reform that would defuse the support for the atthyolaa
It's too late to butterfly away Nixon.