As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

You could have Weinstein stay around though, right?
Can we have havery Winestine branch out in real estate and have self bankrupted trying to out epcot ecopt and being a homeless bum squating in an unfinshed high tech condo in his incomptle city of tommorw

Off to a great start so far @OldNavy1988. How much you're planning to diverge from the original timeline?

For one, a certain real estate tycoon with a recognizable haircut will not be included due to tightened restrictions on current politics.

Unfortunately, we'll still have to confront Cliff Huxtable, the Miramax guy and the Spumco guy.

For one, a certain real estate tycoon with a recognizable haircut will not be included due to tightened restrictions on current politics.

Unfortunately, we'll still have to confront Cliff Huxtable, the Miramax guy and the Spumco guy.
Is that so?

Well I guess if I had my 2 cents I kind of hope DC Comics doesn't suffer the same fate it did in the original.

Drumroll Please
In 1915, William Fox founded the Fox Film Corporation.
hqdefault.jpg

Eighteen years later, former Warner Bros executive Darryl F. Zanuck forms 20th Century Pictures.
hqdefault.jpg

In mid-1935, the two studios merged to form the 20th Century-Fox Film Corporation.
hqdefault.jpg

As an altertive to using havery Winesinte as expy to take the place of the donald you could replace him with the Queen of Mean Lenoa Hemsly or maybe with a ficotnal son of lenoa and her second husban joesph lubin

As an altertive to using havery Winesinte as expy to take the place of the donald you could replace him with the Queen of Mean Lenoa Hemsly or maybe with a ficotnal son of lenoa and her second husban joesph lubin

Not too familiar with Ms. Hemsly honestly.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937 Film)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
1*p_lNGPNqhHw2pP6G-L1WSA.jpeg

Premiered at the Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles (below) on December 21, 1937.

Snow White is pretty much the same as OTL, but I still felt the need to get this update out of my system.

Carthay-Circle-Theatre-at-the-premiere-of-%E2%80%9CSnow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs%E2%80%9D-December-21-1937-1.jpg

Distributed by
United Artists
(Special thanks to @PNWKing for that suggestion)

Adapted from
Grimm's Fairy Tales

Directors
David Hand
Ben Sharpsteen
Wilfred Jackson
Perce Pearce
Larry Morey

Story
Dorothy Ann Blank
Ted Sears
Webb Smith
Earl Hurd
Richard Creedon
Merrill DeMaris
Otto Englander
Dick Rickard

Voices (Added to reissue prints)
Adriana Caselotti as Snow White
Pinto Colvig as Grumpy and Sleepy
Scotty Mattraw as Bashful
Roy Atwell as Doc
Otis Harlan as Happy
Billy Gilbert as Sneezy
Lucille LaVerne as The Queen and The Witch
Stuart Buchanan as the Huntsman
Moroni Olsen as the Magic Mirror
Harry Stockwell as the Prince

Reaction
"Thank you, Mr. Disney"
- The New York Times

"An authentic masterpiece."
- TIME magazine

walt-files-time-covers-feat-2.1.jpg

Animation Studio Directory as of 1938
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Cartoons
***NOW HIRING***

Key people: Fred Quimby, Hugh Harman and Rudy Ising
HQ: MGM Backlot; Culver City, California

Walt Disney Productions
Key people: Walter E. Disney, Roy O. Disney
HQ: Hyperion Avenue; Los Angeles, California
Distributor: United Artists

Leon Schlesinger Productions
Key people: Leon Schlesinger, Eddie Seltzer
HQ: 5800 Sunset Blvd; Los Angeles, California ("Termite Terrace")
Distributor: Warner Bros

Terrytoons
Key people: Paul Terry
HQ: New Rochelle, New York
Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Walter Lantz Productions
Key people: Walter Lantz
HQ: Universal City, California
Distributor: Universal Pictures

Fleischer Studios
Key people: Max Fleischer, Dave Fleischer, Seymour Kneitel, Sam Buchwald
HQ: Miami, Florida
Distributor: Paramount Pictures

Jam Handy Organization
Key people: Jam Handy
HQ: Detroit, Michigan

Van Beuren Studios
Key people: Amadee Van Beuren
HQ: New York City
Distributor: RKO Radio Pictures

Screen Gems
Key people: Charles Mintz, Margaret Winkler
HQ: Los Angeles, California
Distributor: Columbia Pictures

I think I've got most of them, but if there's one I'm missing please let me know.

OK. So, here are a couple of places where things can divert. First of all, a more successful version of that Gulliver's Travels movie that the Fleisher's made back in 1939 without that stupid $350,000 penalty that Paramount stuck them with. Secondly, The original 1939 draft of Alice in Wonderland by Disney. What if Walt had decided, for whatever reason, to greenlight the project?

OK. So, here are a couple of places where things can divert. First of all, a more successful version of that Gulliver's Travels movie that the Fleisher's made back in 1939 without that stupid $350,000 penalty that Paramount stuck them with. Secondly, The original 1939 draft of Alice in Wonderland by Disney. What if Walt had decided, for whatever reason, to greenlight the project?

What I might do is find a way for Max and Dave to stick together.

I might still have Disney bring out Pinocchio before Alice. Any maybe Bambi before Alice too.

Might save Fantasia for the Fifties unless there is a way for The Sorcerer's Apprentice or The Nutcracker Suite to be made into two reel productions while we're still in the late thirties without breaking the bank.

What I might do is find a way for Max and Dave to stick together.

I might still have Disney bring out Pinocchio before Alice. Any maybe Bambi before Alice too.

Might save Fantasia for the Fifties unless there is a way for The Sorcerer's Apprentice or The Nutcracker Suite to be made into two reel productions while we're still in the late thirties without breaking the bank.
I would agree with having the the 1939 draft of alice being made and have it take the place of fantasia. That why fantisia could be released in 1951