As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Entertainment News for June 1978
40 years have passed since Superman debuted in Action Comics #1. Now, Columbia Pictures hopes its big screen adaptation slated for Christmas can bring about a new generation of Super Fans.
- The New York Times

Universal confirms Candice Bergen's return for Nessie 2.
- Variety

Jack Nicholson offered the role of Napoleon in proposed Stanley Kubrick project for MGM.
- The Hollywood Reporter

In a stunning development, Michael Eisner leaves Paramount to serve as the chairman of Touchstone Pictures, a new live action joint venture formed by Hanna-Barbera and the Jim Henson studio. The name comes from the jester of Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- Newsweek

Kenner Toys reports its highest toy sales in five years, thanks to its toyline based on 20th Century Fox's instant classic Star Wars.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer

40 years have passed since Superman debuted in Action Comics #1. Now, Columbia Pictures hopes its big screen adaptation slated for Christmas can bring about a new generation of Super Fans.
- The New York Times

Universal confirms Candice Bergen's return for Nessie 2.
- Variety

Hopefully Superman doesn't end up being a disaster in the old TL.

Plus it seems things are going well for the Nessie sequel though any thoughts on the plot? Hopefully my idea for it helped. Speaking of this being June and right on the eve of the World Cup in Argentina, I bet Nessie's use as a mascot for the Scotland team is started here and given the media circus surrounding the Scotland team during that time, it's pretty much certain to happen. Pity though it doesn't quite help the team like with OTL unless things work out better here...

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
Who's writing Superman? Is Mario Puzo on board. If so, Columbia could sell the movie as from the writer of The Godfather.

Who's writing Superman? Is Mario Puzo on board. If so, Columbia could sell the movie as from the writer of The Godfather.
The good thing about that marketing idea is that it could get a lot of adults to be interested in comic books. The bad thing about the idea is that fans of Godfather would compare Lex Luthor to Vito Corleone.

@OldNavy1988, you haven't talk about ITC/ATV Animation, well later this year, they are premiering Leiji Matsumoto's Galaxy Express 999 as a co-production with Toei for First-run Syndication in the US, Fuji TV/Channel 8 in Japan, and on ITV in the UK.

Animal House (1978 Film)
Animal House
best-netflix-animalhouse-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Released on July 28, 1978 by Universal Pictures

Production Company
National Lampoon

Directed by
John Landis

Produced by
Matty Simmons
Ivan Reitman

Written by
Harold Raimis
Douglas Kenney
Chris Miller

Music by
Elmer Bernstein

Cast
John Belushi as John "Bluto" Blutarsky
Tim Matheson as Eric "Otter" Stratton
Peter Riegert as Donald "Boon" Schoenstein
Tom Hulce as Lawrence "Pinto" Kroger
Stephen Furst as Kent "Flounder" Dorfman
Bruce McGill as Daniel Simpson "D-Day" Day
James Widdoes as Robert Hoover
Douglas Kenney as "Stork"
James Daughton as Gregory "Greg" Marmalard
Mark Metcalf as Douglas C. Neidermeyer
Kevin Bacon as Chip Diller
John Vernon as Dean Vernon Wormer
Verna Bloom as Marion Wormer
Donald Sutherland as Professor Dave Jennings
Karen Allen as Katy
Sarah Holcomb as Clorette DePasto
DeWayne Jessie as Otis Day
Mary Louise Weller as Mandy Pepperidge
Martha Smith as Barbara Sue "Babs" Jansen
Cesare Danova as Mayor Carmine DePasto

Upon its release, Animal House would become a runaway box office hit despite mixed reviews. The film would go on to greater success on home video in the coming years.​

I know Honest Abe like the idea of Americathon as being more Succesfull then OTL. I hope you like that idea two. I feel this time needs at least one flop film to do better then otl

PNWKing

Banned
Will Doug Kenney not die in 1981 in this TL? And I think Helmsley should sell MGM to Turner, Taft, Time, Metromedia, Westinghouse, or Grand Diamond.

Shining Star Media should be the name of a broadcasting company in this alternate reality. Perhaps headed by Larry David or Jeff Goldblum?