As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I really hope their study comes back in a positive light.

I'd go for Michael Eisner on this.

So, does that mean that Don Bluth's classic films become Disney staples? In that case, will The Land Before Time have as many sequels as they did ITTL?

Why is Casper and the Angels made by Grantray-Lawrence ITTL, instead of Hanna-Barbera?

I agree with Roy E. Disney. Bring on Frank Wells! With that said, are there any new dubs in the pipeline for Fox?

If I could make a suggestion, how about a Woody Woodpecker movie after Pippi Longstocking, so that Lantz can end his career off with a bang? As for Popeye, in OTL, at least, Famous Studios was the company that brought him into color, so they kinda know from experience on using his characters. Sure, it might not be in this timeline, but it's something.

It will likely be a new show. I mean, the evidence is in the anniversaries. 30 years for Crusader Rabbit, 20 years for Rocky and Bullwinkle, and 10 years for Karen Sympathy? How could Jay Ward NOT create a new cartoon in 1979?

Well, when the Chipmunks made a comeback during that period IOTL, it led to one of the most popular Saturday Morning cartoons in history, so putting Chuck Jones in the driver's seat for this might be interesting to see.

Here's hoping that the new company can last in this climate.

I actually think that WB should acquire Avery-Clampett, plus their library, and revive their interest in animation by letting the new subsidiary have free reign over the cast. I mean, these two guys ruled the roost back in the 40's at the studio, so it seems to go full-circle to have the company outright acquire a smaller studio for the purposes of restarting their cartoon-making days.

Godspeed, Nelvana.

This box-office brawl could lead to some interesting details in the future. Of course, it's nice that Richard Williams is getting a competent distributor for this.

20th Century-Fox owns the Casper property, which originated from its Fox Movie Toon series during the Golden Age of Animation.

The next anime dubs for Fox are Angie Girl, Candy Candy and maybe Dog of Flanders. Speed Racer has been held up by licensing disputes.

A Woody project is indeed in the works.

I'm not sure of any Jay Ward projects that went unproduced IOTL that could be dusted off ITTL.

20th Century-Fox owns the Casper property, which originated from its Fox Movie Toon series during the Golden Age of Animation.

The next anime dubs for Fox are Angie Girl, Candy Candy and maybe Dog of Flanders. Speed Racer has been held up by licensing disputes.

I'm not sure of any Jay Ward projects that went unproduced IOTL that could be dusted off ITTL.
Thanks for that! Hey, since Disney owns both Fox and Harvey, what's stopping Walt and his gang from lumping Casper in with the Harvey crowd like IOTL?

I'd go for Candy Candy, put Dog of Flanders in the "Possible" pile, and let a different studio dub Angie Girl.

Good!

Maybe a spinoff that focuses on Boris and Natasha quitting their jobs and trying to start new lives? I mean, the idea of that was hinted at in the 2000 movie, and if you're going to use Karen Sympathy as a TTL-exclusive program, maybe you can go into the well of that feature a second time.

Thanks for that! Hey, since Disney owns both Fox and Harvey, what's stopping Walt and his gang from lumping Casper in with the Harvey crowd like IOTL?
Nothing, Fox just owns the TV rights to Casper while Harvey owns the character and can determine who gets the TV and movie rights.
Maybe a spinoff that focuses on Boris and Natasha quitting their jobs and trying to start new lives? I mean, the idea of that was hinted at in the 2000 movie, and if you're going to use Karen Sympathy as a TTL-exclusive program, maybe you can go into the well of that feature a second time.
They could make them a Get Smart style double agents wit Karen as their handler.

PNWKing

Banned
Is Taft Broadcasting going to sell Hanna-Barbera, and if so will it be to RKO-Desilu, Gulf & Western, or Turner.

whats next

I just realized that if RKO-Desilu buys an animation studio they can make a Star Trek animated series to go along with the movies and shows. Add a deal with/purchase of a comic book publisher and RKO-Desilu would be able to produce basically all Star Trek-related media until video gaming really blows up.

For Ripley, I might keep Sigourney Weaver, but I might instead have Veronica Cartwright, Meryl Streep, Ann Jillian or even Jamie Lee Curtis.

And I might keep the Alien title, or instead call it Xenomorph.
Calling it "Xenomorph" would save us from all the asshats smugly correcting people who call the monster "the Alien".

Calling it "Xenomorph" would save us from all the asshats smugly correcting people who call the monster "the Alien".
Yeah it kinda would wouldn't it. I hope we also get an earlier AvP movie.
Yes, Alien is coming out next year, but I haven't figured out whether to keep it at Fox or have someone else release it.
I don't care who gets as long as they also get Predator so a possible AvP film is easier to do.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the AvP movie came out too late IOTL.
I think they should have done an AvP film after they did Xenomorph skull easter egg in Predator 2. They could have even set it in the future, sometime between the Xenomorphic franchise and the Predator franchise.
I can't agree enough. They took their sweet time making films that were mediocre at best. Whoever is making those film ITTL needs to get on that ASAP.

That would be good, but I'd like to see either World Class or possibly Stampede be the big dog of the NWA.
World Class on WTBS (or whatever Turner network is called ITTL) would be awesome. I love WCCW and I live in Texas so I'm a bit bias. lol

Wonder what would be the consequences that would happen if WCCW goes on Turner? I know it a bit early but it would affect some wrestler's careers. Like Flair, Von Erichs, and so forth.

Also, how is the world of Sports doing in 1978-79?

Entertainment News for April/May 1978
@TheMatthew25

In the NFL, the Raiders are the dynasty right now.

In hockey, the WHA is entering its lameduck year before the merger with the NHL takes shape.

Anyways...

Disney appoints former Warner exec Frank Wells to head Fox division.
- Variety

Tex Avery to retire and sell his percentage of Avery-Clampett to Warner Communications. Bob Clampett expected to keep the rights to Beany and Cecil should he sell his half.
- The Hollywood Reporter

After a lengthy court battle, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster will each receive a pension from CBS ahead of the release of Columbia's Superman film this Christmas.
- The New York Times

RKO-Desilu agrees to license Star Trek property to Gemini Comics for future comic books based on the popular TV series.
- TV Guide

MCA is looking to privately finance a football-only stadium for the Rams at Chavez Ravine.
- The Los Angeles Times

Bob Zemeckis and Bob Gale's script of a false alarm air raid could be assigned to John Landis should his upcoming film Animal House prove successful.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Disney Communications announces its third-party support of MCA's DiscoVision format.
- Variety

Warner Communications [Headquartered in Detroit ITTL] agrees to licensing deal with Farmington Hills-based Magnetic Video.
- Detroit Free Press