As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

One Fine Day in Toronto
October 14, 1976
Nelvana Headquarters
Toronto, Ontario

Wolfgang Reitherman; Nelvana's new President of Feature Development

We've spent the last week going through all the portfolios of all the artists that took our tryout. There's one in particular...I can't figure out how to say his last name, but his first name is John. Twenty one years old...from Ottawa...He told me he dropped out of Sheridan College. I called the dean to see what happened, and he said the school actually expelled him for poor attendance.

Zack Dillinger; Nelvana's new Director of Feature Films
Do you think he's worth the trouble?

Reitherman
Not for me, personally. From looking at his portfolio, he has plenty of potential, but I have serious questions about his grasp of the female form.

Dillinger
C'mon, Woolie! Give the kid a chance! Maybe he'll grow outta that!​

Can we please not have an elaborate John K Saga in this thread? At the end of the last thread, I was thoroughly sick of every time the disgraced former animator was brought up. Just a bit of polite feedback for this thread. I'm not saying to not mention him, just not to the level that the last thread did.

Can we please not have an elaborate John K Saga in this thread? At the end of the last thread, I was thoroughly sick of every time the disgraced former animator was brought up. Just a bit of polite feedback for this thread. I'm not saying to not mention him, just not to the level that the last thread did.

Alright. I'll keep an eye on that.

October 14, 1976
Nelvana Headquarters
Toronto, Ontario

We've spent the last week going through all the portfolios of all the artists that took our tryout. There's one in particular...I can't figure out how to say his last name, but his first name is John. Twenty one years old...from Ottawa...He told me he dropped out of Sheridan College. I called the dean to see what happened, and he said the school actually expelled him for poor attendance.

Reitherman
Not for me, personally. From looking at his portfolio, he has plenty of potential, but I have serious questions about his grasp of the female form.

Dillinger
Uh oh...
Most likely they'll still get the Care Bears.
DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! Kricfalusi + Care Bears = The Nancy Drew fiasco projected tenfold!

October 14, 1976
Nelvana Headquarters
Toronto, Ontario

Reitherman

Dillinger

Uh, oh...

PNWKing

Banned
Could someone buy Hanna-Barbera from Taft Broadcasting. I think it should be either Gulf & Western or Helmsley Leisure that buys Hanna-Barbera from Taft Broadcasting.