As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Most likely, it'll still be the Boba Fett segment from the Star Wars Holiday Special that becomes the first animated project based on the show. It is likely that Marvel Productions could directly evolve from Grantray-Lawrence before that.
Could he get his own cartoon series, even if only for a single season?

1596488837788.jpeg
15 February 1974

Please be patient. Kirbopher, OldNavy will get to Star Wars when he gets to 1977.

And besides, that poster you keep posting is the poster for The Phantom Menace, which was released in 1999, not A New Hope, which was released in 1977.
whole point of it is what if Star Wars was released in chronological order

I was also thinking that depending on what you do with Disney antology TV, An American Tail could be an episode of said anthology. Plus possibly Fievel Goes West if Steven Spielberg gets involved with Disney.

Plus, Don Bluth + Andrew Lloyd Webber making many films possibly.

50 Happy Years
50 Happy Years
780w-463h_101618_look-back-at-twdc-50th-celebration-for-95th-anniversary_8.jpg

For most of 1973, the Disney company went all out to celebrate its 50th anniversary.

The Mouse Factory

MV5BMjc3MDE3ZGYtMDY2Mi00OTMzLWE2MDYtY2FjNDAxZjVmYmQxL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg4NTY1NDA@._V1_.jpg

The centerpiece of Disney's golden anniversary celebration was not the purchase of Marvel, nor the release of Hyperion's American Graffiti. It was The Mouse Factory, a weekly TV series that actually launched a year earlier in syndication. In its' first season, The Mouse Factory combined classic Disney cartoon moments with segments featuring celebrity guests interacting with walk-around characters from the parks. For the second season, the show would feature fresh animation courtesy of Grantray-Lawrence.

Mouse Factory guest hosts as of 1973:
Wally Cox
Annette Funicello
Hayley Mills
Ann Jillian
William Shatner
Olivia Hussey
Jonathan Winters
Carl Reiner
Jim Henson
Dom DeLuise
Gene Wilder
Don Knotts
Joe Flynn
Henry Gibson
John Astin
Wilt Chamberlain
Shari Lewis
Fred Rogers
Charles Nelson Reilly
Sid Caesar
Danny Kaye

The Art of Walt Disney
disney3.jpg

Another centerpiece to Disney's 50th anniversary campaign was Christopher Finch's book The Art of Walt Disney. In later years, Abrams will publish updated versions of this book to include artwork from each new animated film.​

I saw Jim Henson working for Disney as a host in the last post? Will this lead to more collaboration between them. I am really hoping Disney manages to buy the Muppets at least in the new timeline.

Last edited:
I saw Jim Henson working for Disney as a host in the last post? Will this lead to more collaboration between them. I am really hoping Disney manages to buy the Muppets at least in the new timeline.

Jim is not quite affiliated with Disney just yet. He is still pitching pilots here and there. Frog Prince aired on Hughes a couple years back.

Doubt it, he also mentions Fred Rogers as a guest host.

Fred was on hand for the opening of Progressburgh in the old American Magic continuity.

One fine day in Southampton
Parent Teacher Conference
February 12, 1974

The Gregg School
Southampton, England

Virgil Ramsay Hartwell
(Instructor)

"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Abbott. Please be seated. From the looks of Daniel's grades this term, the subjects where he most excels are doing silly voices at lunch hour and drawing cartoons in his notebook. Here is a brochure for the Richard Williams Studio in London if that's what he wishes to do when he graduates."

Doug Abbott
(Daniel's father)

"Are you calling my boy a bloody idiot?"

Dr. Hartwell
"On the contrary, YOU are the bloody idiot. Your son has a lot of potential as an artist and I suggest you acknowledge that fact."​

Parent Teacher Conference
February 12, 1974

The Gregg School
Southampton, England

Virgil Ramsay Hartwell
(Instructor)

"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Abbott. Please be seated. From the looks of Daniel's grades this term, the subjects where he most excels are doing silly voices at lunch hour and drawing cartoons in his notebook. Here is a brochure for the Richard Williams Studio in London if that's what he wishes to do when he graduates."

Doug Abbott
(Daniel's father)

"Are you calling my boy a bloody idiot?"

Dr. Hartwell
"On the contrary, YOU are the bloody idiot. Your son has a lot of potential as an artist and I suggest you acknowledge that fact."​
Who is that ment to be about