Launched on February 15, 1999 on TNT.

Created by
RuPaul
JJ Abrams

Production Companies
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Bad Robot

Premise
This season on Glamazon, high school junior Skyler Fitch (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) must balance multiple things at once; applying to a decent college, getting through his final year of high school and working towards his dreams of becoming a drag queen. Along the way, you'll meet Skyler's drag mentor Tempest Wilde (RuPaul), Skyler's supportive mother Brenda (Sigourney Weaver) and his ignorant, bitter dad Earl (Nick Nolte).

Reception
"Why is it always the Dad that gets butthurt when their son puts on a tutu?"
- The Detroit Free Press

"I wanted to reach in my screen and give Earl a reality check after the first five minutes."
- The Columbus Dispatch

"After what happened to Matthew Shepard last fall, you'd think TNT would think twice before showing Earl beating Skyler to a pulp over his choice of clothing. I guess Ted doesn't watch his own news channel much these days."
- The Denver Post

"The world could use more moms like the fictional Brenda Fitch on TNT's new series Glamazon."
- The San Francisco Chronicle

"I'd rather have Nitro back on Monday nights."
- The Atlanta-Journal Constitution

"The best moments of this new series involve Tempest (RuPaul) offering his Obi Wan-like sage advice to Skyler on the do's and don'ts of drag."
- The New York Times

Well, he DOES have to dumb himself down when talking to white trash, despite coming from a highly educated university.
Thinking about it now, was Steiner doing this just for fun or was it an actual shoot. As you said, he did graduate from an highly educated university. (University of Michigan)

So two idea I had for why is that Steiner did this due to wanting WCW fans to protest the change so WCW be back on Nitro? (honestly Idk what going on now in the Wrestling scene ITTL other then WWA Raw is winning).

Or he trolling the fans and the people in the back? I don't know much about Scott Steiner personal life IOTL so correct me. But after reading the pipe bomb over again earlier. He honestly just doing it just for the hell of it.

Then again Idk, my opinion are never great (after an RL opinion I had landed me looking like a f****** idiot to others online which honestly upset me) I really don't know... Hell it could just be an way to work in Vince Russo into WCW storylines? Then again, where is Russo anyways?

My brain hurts thinking about it.......

Thinking about it now, was Steiner doing this just for fun or was it an actual shoot. As you said, he did graduate from an highly educated university. (University of Michigan)

So two idea I had for why is that Steiner did this due to wanting WCW fans to protest the change so WCW be back on Nitro? (honestly Idk what going on now in the Wrestling scene ITTL other then WWA Raw is winning).

Or he trolling the fans and the people in the back? I don't know much about Scott Steiner personal life IOTL so correct me. But after reading the pipe bomb over again earlier. He honestly just doing it just for the hell of it.

Then again Idk, my opinion are never great (after an RL opinion I had landed me looking like a f****** idiot to others online which honestly upset me) I really don't know... Hell it could just be an way to work in Vince Russo into WCW storylines? Then again, where is Russo anyways?

My brain hurts thinking about it.......

Russo is currently with the WWA, but he has been reined in by the Sapolsky/Heyman/Cornette regime that had led the WWA until Vince McMahon's release from prison.

Jerry Jarrett is looking to hire Russo to write for ECW. John Zandig wants to hire Russo for a little startup called Combat Zone Wrestling.

kirbopher15

Kicked
Glamazon
Launched on February 15, 1999 on TNT.

Created by
RuPaul
JJ Abrams

Production Companies
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Bad Robot

Premise
This season on Glamazon, high school junior Skyler Fitch (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) must balance multiple things at once; applying to a decent college, getting through his final year of high school and working towards his dreams of becoming a drag queen. Along the way, you'll meet Skyler's drag mentor Tempest Wilde (RuPaul), Skyler's supportive mother Brenda (Sigourney Weaver) and his ignorant, bitter dad Earl (Nick Nolte).

Reception
"Why is it always the Dad that gets butthurt when their son puts on a tutu?"
- The Detroit Free Press

"I wanted to reach in my screen and give Earl a reality check after the first five minutes."
- The Columbus Dispatch

"After what happened to Matthew Shepard last fall, you'd think TNT would think twice before showing Earl beating Skyler to a pulp over his choice of clothing. I guess Ted doesn't watch his own news channel much these days."
- The Denver Post

"The world could use more moms like the fictional Brenda Fitch on TNT's new series Glamazon."
- The San Francisco Chronicle

"I'd rather have Nitro back on Monday nights."
- The Atlanta-Journal Constitution

"The best moments of this new series involve Tempest (RuPaul) offering his Obi Wan-like sage advice to Skyler on the do's and don'ts of drag."
- The New York Times
So this was mostly in for a panning

Russo is currently with the WWA, but he has been reined in by the Sapolsky/Heyman/Cornette regime that had led the WWA until Vince McMahon's release from prison.

Jerry Jarrett is looking to hire Russo to write for ECW. John Zandig wants to hire Russo for a little startup called Combat Zone Wrestling.
Russo in ECW would be interesting but CZW would be honestly a good place. Kinda surprised Combat Zone exist in this timeline.

If Russo goes to Combat Zone, then I expect more "something on a pole" matches with death match elements thrown in.

Shining Time Station is now airing in reruns on the Odyssey Network.
Speaking of which, when it comes to TATMR to be released next year ITTL, wonder if it'll have a duel version like what happened in the original TL?

It is quite amazing to think that that film changed the course of the history of the in many ways and it doing well would have major butterflies all round. That is if it won't be based on Magic Railroad but rather being closer to the books such as using Enterprising Engines as an example?

Speaking of which, when it comes to TATMR to be released next year ITTL, wonder if it'll have a duel version like what happened in the original TL?

It is quite amazing to think that that film changed the course of the history of the in many ways and it doing well would have major butterflies all round. That is if it won't be based on Magic Railroad but rather being closer to the books such as using Enterprising Engines as an example?
What is likely to happen is that there will indeed be a North American version that incorporates characters and elements from Shining Time Station. The International version will be closer to the way Thomas is presented to British audiences.

Next, I will need a distributor, a director, a screenwriter, composer and separate casts for the NA and International versions.

What if we have Ewan Mcgregor as Thomas for the UK version and Alec Bladwin for the US.
Danniel Abbott as Gordon for the UK and Clint EastWood for the US.
Tom Baker as Edward for the UK and Marrlin Brando for the US.
Michal Angellis as James for the UK and Haydan Christensen For the US.
Oliver Postgate as Toby for the UK and Leslie Nilesen for the US.
Peter DaiveSon as Percy for the UK and Dan Castellanta for the US.
Screenwriter for the US Roger Allers and the for the UK Phil Gladwin
composers for Uk to be Mike and Junior as they were for the show and John Willams for the US.
David Mitton as the Direrector for the UK and James Camron for the US.
B.B.C Flims for the UK distributing rights and Disney for the US.

Last edited:
Next, I will need a distributor, a director, a screenwriter, composer and separate casts for the NA and International versions.
I do feel like for the UK/International cast version I'd have Roger Allam as Gordon, Michael Palin as Edward, Freddie Starr as James and Michael Angelis as Percy just to name a few, though the latter two could be played by Angelis though I could picture Starr playing James for some reason.

There is one big change I personally would like to see is rather than have Diesel 10 as the big bad, maybe we can see instead the introduction of 98426 and 87546, pretty much the lost two Awdry characters which come close to be 'villains' in RWS canon. Could see them returning to Sodor for revenge with maybe one of them getting a redemption arc.

Just an idea for that if you want to see the film, at least UK version, being close as possible to the RWS lore.

I see Freddie Starr as James Cos he sounds like James in Season five i see him also as the narrtor for the hit era.
The Hit era could be very different to OTL depending on how well the film does. Many of T&F's downfall can be traced back to the failure of the film in which saw the show being retooled to be a toddler education show which did ruin the show for many.

Would be interesting to see how different Thomas goes here going forward.

Well absolutely great. We would have The Deep End of the Ocean, a film Warner Bros. is having (OTL it was made by Columbia Pictures), up now.

Spring 1999 Movies
4bd806b2a609374429189a9c12a9fe64.jpg

Varsity Blues
Released by United Artists
Produced by MTV Films

go-1999-3.jpg

Go
Released by Columbia Pictures

the-deep-end-of-the-ocean-1999.jpeg

The Deep End of the Ocean
Released by Warner Bros.

MV5BZTJlOTY0MDEtYmUwYy00MjhiLWIyYjAtOTZjOWFmYjM0YjBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

The King and I
Released by Paramount Pictures
Produced by Paramount Animation (Formerly Rankin-Bass) and Morgan Creek

election-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Election
Produced by MTV Films​

4bd806b2a609374429189a9c12a9fe64.jpg

Varsity Blues
Produced by MTV Films

go-1999-3.jpg

Go
Released by Columbia Pictures

the-deep-end-of-the-ocean-1999.jpeg

The Deep End of the Ocean
Released by Warner Bros.

MV5BZTJlOTY0MDEtYmUwYy00MjhiLWIyYjAtOTZjOWFmYjM0YjBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

The King and I
Released by Paramount Pictures
Produced by Paramount Animation (Formerly Rankin-Bass) and Morgan Creek

election-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Election
Produced by MTV Films​
Well this is very impressive! The biggest movie of spring 1999, would be New Line's The Matrix, which was written and directed by The Wachowskis.

The Matrix (1999 Film)
Will-Smith-The-Matrix.jpg

The Matrix
Released by New Line Cinema on April 2, 1999.

Written and directed by
The Wachowskis

Produced by
Joel Silver

Bullet Time supervisor
John Gaeta

Cast
Will Smith as Thomas Anderson/Neo
Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus
Carrie Anne Moss as Trinity
Joe Pantoliano as Cypher
Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith
Julian Arahanga as Apoc
Belinda McClory as Switch
Marcus Chong as Tank
Anthony Ray Parker as Dozer
Matt Doran as Mouse
Gloria Foster as the Oracle

Notes
- The New Line Cinema logo appears with a green glow instead of the usual blue.
- Sean Connery will appear as the Architect in the sequels.
- Keanu Reeves will appear in a Doctor Strange solo film for Fox later this summer.​

Will-Smith-The-Matrix.jpg

The Matrix
Released by New Line Cinema on April 2, 1999.

Written and directed by
The Wachowskis

Produced by
Joel Silver

Bullet Time supervisor
John Gaeta

Cast
Will Smith as Thomas Anderson/Neo
Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus
Carrie Anne Moss as Trinity
Joe Pantoliano as Cypher
Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith
Julian Arahanga as Apoc
Belinda McClory as Switch
Marcus Chong as Tank
Anthony Ray Parker as Dozer
Matt Doran as Mouse
Gloria Foster as the Oracle

Notes
- The New Line Cinema logo appears with a green glow instead of the usual blue.
- Sean Connery will appear as the Architect in the sequels.
- Keanu Reeves will appear in a Doctor Strange solo film for Fox later this summer.​
Well this is very cool, considering that Will Smith was good as Neo TTL! But next up were Universal's The Mummy and Warner Bros.' Entrapment.