As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I think a good idea would be for next the Disney film to perform badly. Convincing Walt to direct his version of Beauty and the Beast, then pass the torch to Don Bluth. Don then contacts Andrew Lloyd Webber to create a new take on the Disney film.

I've got Robin Hood lined up for 1973, so it'll likely be 1975 at the earliest for Beauty and the Beast.

My idea was that eventually, Disney makes a bomb that convinces Walt to have one last go at making a film himself. BatB is that film, and he passes the torch to Don Bluth soon after.
Well, you'll just have to wait until Zorro's other half comes to theaters...

(If you want to know, Zorro's theme song describes him as "The fox so cunning and free." That's why I compared Robin Hood to Zorro.)

I've got Robin Hood lined up for 1973, so it'll likely be 1975 at the earliest for Beauty and the Beast.

If that's the case, when do we have Rapunzel and Snow Queen released? Speaking of the latter, I believe @Andrew Boyd had one or a few ideas regarding on its plot and amount of characters in it.

Rapunzel can pretty much be the same as in American Magic.

If that's the case, when do we have Rapunzel and Snow Queen released? Speaking of the latter, I believe @Andrew Boyd had one or a few ideas regarding on its plot and amount of characters in it.

Rapunzel can pretty much be the same as in American Magic.
I was thinking Rapunzel would actually come around in 1999, since the idea was first proposed in 1996 IOTL.

As for the Snow Queen, I was thinking the early 1980s.

I can work with people to create the plot for Walt's BatB if you all would like to work with me on it.

Of course, I was thinking next we could next have Scruffy in 1976, then Kate Crackernuts in 1978, before finally getting to NIMH in 1981.

The Godfather (1972 Film)
The Godfather
justice.png

Released by Paramount Pictures on March 24, 1972.

Produced and Directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

Based on the book by Mario Puzo.

Some said Paramount shot itself in the foot when they failed to acquire Desilu. But it appears the studio has found new life with the immediate smash success of The Godfather.
- The New York Times

As soon as The Godfather became a hit and Francis [1] became a more bankable name, that convinced me to pour more resources into American Graffiti.
- Walt Disney, Jr.

[1] Just like IOTL, Francis's involvement on American Graffiti is strictly as a co-producer along with George Lucas.​

Asterix and Cleopatra (1972 English Dub)
Asterix and Cleopatra
maxresdefault.jpg

Imported to the United States by AVCO Embassy on June 2, 1972.

English dub produced by
Bob Clampett Productions

Based on the comic books by
Rene Goscinny and Albert Uderzo

VOICES
Daws Butler as Asterix
Paul Winchell as Obelix
Julie Newmar as Cleopatra
Orson Welles as Julius Caesar
Don Messick as Caesar's Spy
Chad Stuart as Cacophonix
Thurl Ravenscroft as Vitalstatistix
Mel Blanc as Edifis
Stan Freberg as Artifis

After Asterix and Cleopatra proved to be a big hit in North America, most Hollywood studios began buying up as many Dutch and Franco-Belgian comics as they could. Famous Studios' license for Tintin reverted back to Herge after production of the Tintin TV series wrapped by 1964.​

After Asterix and Cleopatra proved to be a big hit in North America, most Hollywood studios began buying up as many Dutch and Franco-Belgian comics as they could. Famous Studios' license for Tintin reverted back to Herge after production of the Tintin TV series wrapped by 1964.​
So, would we see an animated adaptation of The Smurfs prior to Hanna-Barbera's iconic 1980's cartoon? I mean, it lines up rather well for that to happen ITTL.

Right @OldNavy1988 So What film should Disney produced in 1991
I would suggest something involing whale. Don Bluff had two failed projects in the late 80's early 90's invloling whales. They were Kandu: Song of the Ice Whale, and the little blue whale. PS Disney was working on something called thing callled humpary the whale in the early 90's

When will the first major competitor to the Disney parks be opened? Universal Studios became a theme park in ‘64.

I’m definitely looking forward to the completely original theme parks of TTL.