As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Very unlikely. Singapore is smaller than Hong Kong by size and it's even further away from the massive Chinese market. If we're assuming that Disney is going to make a large resort on the scale of Euro Disneyland, then both Hong Kong and Singapore are probably out of Disney's minds (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Imagineers like Wing Chao visited Hong Kong on at least one occasion in the 2000s).
I am still routing for disneyland jeju aka disney korea. Kora may be smaller then the prc but it is still a eccomi powerhouse and and building and i feel that disney need to build atleast one park in a conuty other then were the built out

The Lost World: Jurassic Park
DyRin_mXQAAvfS9.jpg

The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Released by Universal Pictures on Memorial Day Weekend 1997

Directed by
Steven Spielberg

Screenplay by
David Koepp

Based on characters created by
Michael Crichton

Notes
- ITTL, the story revolves around game hunter Roland Tembo (Pete Postlethwaite; above, left) and his reckless quest to hunt a male T-Rex.
- Only an older and wiser Tim and Lex can stop Tembo because this particular T-Rex is a single dad and a soon-to-be-hatched baby Rex would otherwise be without care.
- Just like IOTL, the film opens with a new Universal logo (below).

When did Tex Avery die? Because if it's after 1984, then I believe he'd get a major kick out of Fox's Urusei Yatsura dub. Or at least, he would have loved it, depending on the perspective.

Entertainment News for Mid-May 1997
SBC makes an offer to Hey Arnold! storyboard artist Seth MacFarlane for a potential primetime series.
- Variety

Rumor: Williams Street is supposedly planning a series based on Tex Avery character Red Hot Riding Hood.
- The Hollywood Reporter

After receiving a $16 million licensing fee from Comcast, DreamWorks SKG officially becomes the newest third-party licensee for Universal's theme parks.
- The Orlando Sentinel

Hoping to cash in on the success Buena Vista and Warners have been enjoying with their respective singing groups, Jive Records announces the release of 98 Degrees' debut album later this summer. Needless to say, the Boy Band Arms Race is just warming up.
- MTV News

Gus St. Pierre will open for the Backstreet Boys on the groups' first North American tour, which will begin this coming December. Gus's debut album Songs for Colette will premiere at Tower Records on the corner of Bourbon and Canal.
- The New Orleans Times-Picayune

The Sports Page
The erstwhile Hartford Whalers unveiled their new name and logo after a successful season ticket drive. Starting in the 1997-98 NHL season, they will play at the Scope under the new name Hampton Roads Rhinos or Virginia Rhinos. Back in Connecticut, the Whalers name, colors and logo stay behind to be used by an expansion franchise in the rival IHL.
- WAVY-TV Local News

Tex passed away in 1980. So sadly, he didn't get to see Urusei.
Well, that's a dang crying shame. I mean, with curvaceous fanservice, casual lechery, then-relevant gags, and who knows what else, UY is basically the closest people would end up seeing to a Fox Movietoons anime...

And that's just in the Japanese version!

SBC makes an offer to Hey Arnold! storyboard artist Seth MacFarlane for a potential primetime series.
- Variety

Rumor: Williams Street is supposedly planning a series based on Tex Avery character Red Hot Riding Hood.
- The Hollywood Reporter

After receiving a $16 million licensing fee from Comcast, DreamWorks SKG officially becomes the newest third-party licensee for Universal's theme parks.
- The Orlando Sentinel

Hoping to cash in on the success Buena Vista and Warners have been enjoying with their respective singing groups, Jive Records announces the release of 98 Degrees' debut album later this summer. Needless to say, the Boy Band Arms Race is just warming up.
- MTV News

Gus St. Pierre will open for the Backstreet Boys on the groups' first North American tour, which will begin this coming December. Gus's debut album Songs for Colette will premiere at Tower Records on the corner of Bourbon and Canal.
1: Does Henson/Hanna-Barbera own a cable network for older audiences? If so, Seth should go there as an upgrade to his current position.
2: How would one make a show like that? And are you taking any outside options?
3: Brilliant.
4: Okay.
5: Well, this came as a surprise. And yet, it's great.

1: Does Henson/Hanna-Barbera own a cable network for older audiences? If so, Seth should go there as an upgrade to his current position.
2: How would one make a show like that? And are you taking any outside options?
5: Well, this came as a surprise. And yet, it's great.
1) From the buyout of ABC, Henson has ESPN, A&E, Showtime, The Movie Channel and the History Channel. They also have HA!, a comedy channel which competes with Comedy Central (owned ITTL by Bally).

2) Yes, I'm taking outside options. There are some cartoon historians pleading with Williams to use a different character as the focus because Red was only created for the sake of fanservice.

3) To be fair, Gus and AJ McLean both appeared on Welcome Freshmen for Nickelodeon right before AJ joined the BSB.

1) From the buyout of ABC, Henson has ESPN, A&E, Showtime, The Movie Channel and the History Channel. They also have HA!, a comedy channel which competes with Comedy Central (owned ITTL by Bally).

2) Yes, I'm taking outside options. There are some cartoon historians pleading with Williams to use a different character as the focus because Red was only created for the sake of fanservice.

3) To be fair, Gus and AJ McLean both appeared on Welcome Freshmen for Nickelodeon right before AJ joined the BSB.
1: In this case, I'd rather see Seth's new comedy come to Showtime or HA! over SBC, considering his connections with Hanna-Barbera both IOTL and ITTL. And if nothing else, we don't see Helga Pataki turn into Meg Griffin ITTL.
2: Maybe we can turn her into a freedom fighter who defends victims of sexual harassment? We can even have The Wolf be her main antagonist, like in her original shorts against her. Only now, he fights for the rights of the harassers. This shows that Williams Street is willing to address the past and update it with tact and grace.
3: True. I sort of forgot that.

- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

- The Orlando Sentinel

- MTV News

The Sports Page
The erstwhile Hartford Whalers unveiled their new name and logo after a successful season ticket drive. Starting in the 1997-98 NHL season, they will play at the Scope under the new name Hampton Roads Rhinos or Virginia Rhinos. Back in Connecticut, the Whalers name, colors and logo stay behind to be used by an expansion franchise in the rival IHL.
- WAVY-TV Local News
Hooray! Hartford gets to keep a major league hockey team. I am so happy.

Will ted turne build a major thme park. He alreayd built that little park at the MGM Grand in lasvegas but I feel that he dreams of somethings grander. Alternatly he could buy out funtime terio He also has a relelation with. Also he could do both

Entertainment News for Late May-1997
Entertainment News for Late-May 1997

After years in legal limbo, Turner's acquisition of the Funtime-Tierco chain of theme parks is approved by the Department of Justice.
- CNN

"Weird Al" Yankovic will undergo LASIK eye surgery to correct his near-sightedness.
- The Los Angeles Times

New Line gives the greenlight to a sequel to the successful Austin Powers.
- Variety

The Sports Page
Citing mounting criticism, Fox will retire the infamous glowing puck after this year's Stanley Cup Finals.
- The Hockey News

As the NBA agrees to an extension of TBS and TNT's weeknight cable package through the 2001-02 season, SBC, Fox and CBS will each bid for the weekend afternoon package currently held by NBC. NBC's current deal expires at the conclusion of next season.
- SportsCenter

After years in legal limbo, Turner's acquisition of the Funtime-Tierco chain of theme parks is approved by the Department of Justice.
- CNN

"Weird Al" Yankovic will undergo LASIK eye surgery to correct his near-sightedness.
- The Los Angeles Times

New Line gives the greenlight to a sequel to the successful Austin Powers.
- Variety

The Sports Page
Citing mounting criticism, Fox will retire the infamous glowing puck after this year's Stanley Cup Finals.
- The Hockey News

As the NBA agrees to an extension of TBS and TNT's weeknight cable package through the 2001-02 season, SBC, Fox and CBS will each bid for the weekend afternoon package currently held by NBC. NBC's current deal expires at the conclusion of next season.
- SportsCenter
1: Good.
2: Wait. Weird Al's glasses aren't just for show?
3: I'd be surprised if that didn't happen.
4: Sounds fair.
5: My vote depends on which one of these three needs it the most. In other words, I have no vote in the matter.

- Variety
Makes me wonder if Seth was able to sneak in some dirty jokes. (Or maybe he had enough tact not to do so.) Then again Hey Arnold! is pretty mature for its age bracket, and Seth can take things seriously when he wants to.

It Otl Primer parks bought out the belgim based walibi group in 1998. ATL Primer pars was know as Funtime Terico and got bought out by Ted turner in 1997. Do anybody anybody that ted would buy wiabli in 1998 or it too soon after his purchase of funtime terico. If it is soon for ted to walbia will it be plauble for walbi to say on the market for a few more years or will someone else snatch it open. Other buyers for the walbi group include the virignin (they bought wabli in the orignal american magic) the tussards group, Club med, Parques Reunidos Fitraco NV( They are blegium ride leasing company but they did experment with owning parks by buyingout Arkasaw magic springs themepark in 1995. ), Warner Borther Parks Six Kings or Bally

Last edited:
In OTL 1991 wanrer borther licness their IPs to the Austerilain Village road show for park called Warner brothers movie world in gold coast queenland. I hope the warner village road show deal still went down even though they were licnecsing to namco usa. I still think the waner village road shows deal could go down because they licnesed to six in america otl but that didn't stop them form licneicng Village road for austilain right. Also warner borthe bought out th Failed baviria film park in 1994 and turned it into a second warner brother movie world. doses anybody that warern prucuchase of bavaira fim park would happen or would it be butterflied. An agurment against warner buying baviria film park is that they didn't buy out six flags in 1993. On the other hand warner was still intersted in themeparks because they were licnesing there ips to namco usa and bought theam out in 1996.