As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

The Sports Page
Gary Bettman, head of the International Hockey League (IHL) grants expansion franchises to Winnipeg and Quebec City.
- The Hockey News
Will They Reboot the Winnipeg Jets and the Quebec Nordiques into the new IHL or we can name the Manitoba Moose and the Quebec Citadelles?

Will They Reboot the Winnipeg Jets and the Quebec Nordiques into the new IHL or we can name the Manitoba Moose and the Quebec Citadelles?
The Oklahoma Twisters own the rights to the Jets name, so Mark Chipman, who heads the Winnipeg IHL club will need David Thomson's help shelling out the necessary amount of money the Twisters will likely want.

A Leavenworth inmate accused of using a shank to murder John Kricfalusi in his cell is cleared of all wrongdoing by a federal judge.
- The Kansas City Star

Harvey Weinstein's cries of voter fraud fall on deaf ears, even though he lost the GOP nomination to John McCain in early August.
- The Washington Post

Hallmark still looking for a partner for its proposed Odyssey Network.
- TV Guide
Saban, Paramount, Sony, Bertelsmann and Hallmark are each interested in acquiring New Line Cinema.
- The New York Times

Death Row Records' catalog is put up for auction to help cover Suge Knight's legal costs.
- MTV News
1: Considering John's life, this is beyond reasonable.
2: Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
3: Why not have Sony and Bertelsmann partner with Hallmark in exchange for a third of New Line each? Between this development, we have a card company, a music developer, a book publisher, and a film studio all working together on a network. Whether this network turns out alright or not, at least it's an interesting butterfly.
4: Ouch.

I am glad that cummo got a second term. I hope he will focus more on soical programs like universal healthcare and education then on the war on terror.

Thanks to the success of world of wonder I feel that large indoor parks will be more attractive delveopler. In america markets that could be actrive to indoor themeparks include Phoniex , Seatle, Portland Acorage, Some where in hawia (Oldnavy think there not any room in hawia for a park but i know the place. It is a 1600 acre parcle where an masterplaned community called hoopli broke gorund. I fee that at least part of hoopli could used for a themepark) and San Juna portiroic. P

A Leavenworth inmate accused of using a shank to murder John Kricfalusi in his cell is cleared of all wrongdoing by a federal judge.
- The Kansas City Star

Harvey Weinstein's cries of voter fraud fall on deaf ears, even though he lost the GOP nomination to John McCain in early August.
- The Washington Post

Hallmark still looking for a partner for its proposed Odyssey Network.
- TV Guide

Saban, Paramount, Sony, Bertelsmann and Hallmark are each interested in acquiring New Line Cinema.
- The New York Times

Death Row Records' catalog is put up for auction to help cover Suge Knight's legal costs.
- MTV News

The Sports Page
Gary Bettman, head of the International Hockey League (IHL) grants expansion franchises to Winnipeg and Quebec City.
- The Hockey News
If havery winestine gets the republican nomaiton in 2000 I can picture him yelling that all the stories of him sexually abusing women are lies speard by the democrats to rig the election. I also like the idea of the democrats acidenly chosing some just as bad as winesitne and the democratic candait is also exposue leading to a third party candiate mostly likely form the reform party winning but I like the idea of ralph nader winning. Does anybody like the idea of third cnaidate winnign in 2000 due to both the republican and demcorat candinte have major scandels breaking. Doe anybody havesuggestion for the reform partiy and democratics 2000 candites. Remaber for the democrats i want a sleezeball like bernie maddoff. I am just not sure if madoff could weasle his way into the candicany so I want more suggestions

Entertainment News for Mid-December 1996
Disney held a press conference ahead of the premiere of Hercules at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. During that conference, the studio announced that the premiere of its 1997 film Anastasia will be held at the Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg, Florida. Later in the presser, Walt Disney, Jr. stunned reporters when he casually mentioned that he is contemplating an animated remake of his father's 1975 film Beauty and the Beast. Junior claims the original was "tarnished" by "knuckleheads" who drew Belle's cup size to match that of country music superstar Dolly Parton, who voiced the character 21 years ago.
- Variety

President Cuomo, who was easily re-elected last month, condemned all news outlets who gave a platform for Harvey Weinstein's unfounded claims of voter fraud. "To allow him airtime to rile up his base is dangerous and irresponsible," said Cuomo.
- The Washington Post

Hallmark, Sony Corporation of America and Bertelsmann each agree to form a consortium to acquire New Line Cinema and other remaining Metromedia entertainment assets. John Kluge had placed New Line, the Harlem Globetrotters and his remaining stake in SBC for sale in order to focus on his Metro Dining Group, which includes Bennigan's, Stuart Anderson's Black Angus, The Olive Garden, Fuddrucker's and most recently, Outback Steakhouse.
- The New York Times

The Sports Page
Robert Kraft is placing the Hartford Whalers for sale, citing his failure to secure a new arena to keep the club in Connecticut.
- The Hartford Courant

President Cuomo, who was easily re-elected last month, condemned all news outlets who gave a platform for Harvey Weinstein's unfounded claims of voter fraud. "To allow him airtime to rile up his base is dangerous and irresponsible," said Cuomo.
- The Washington Post
Not much Cuomo can do, is there?

Disney held a press conference ahead of the premiere of Hercules at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. During that conference, the studio announced that the premiere of its 1997 film Anastasia will be held at the Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg, Florida. Later in the presser, Walt Disney, Jr. stunned reporters when he casually mentioned that he is contemplating an animated remake of his father's 1975 film Beauty and the Beast. Junior claims the original was "tarnished" by "knuckleheads" who drew Belle's cup size to match that of country music superstar Dolly Parton, who voiced the character 21 years ago.
- Variety

- The Washington Post

Hallmark, Sony Corporation of America and Bertelsmann each agree to form a consortium to acquire New Line Cinema and other remaining Metromedia entertainment assets. John Kluge had placed New Line, the Harlem Globetrotters and his remaining stake in SBC for sale in order to focus on his Metro Dining Group, which includes Bennigan's, Stuart Anderson's Black Angus, The Olive Garden, Fuddrucker's and most recently, Outback Steakhouse.
- The New York Times
1: Well, that was a surprise.
2: I entirely agree with that.
3: Glad to see you put that in.

Without buying knotts berry farm and gaining the peanuts as mascots for thier childerns section what will cedar fair do for a relpaclment for camp snoopy. My suggestion is that cedar fair merges with kennywood entertiment (they should own kennywood and idlewild). In 1989 idlewild open a mr roggers dark ride. Thus I feel that cedar fair if they bought out keenywood should negoiting with fred rogers for acrations based on mr rogers neiborhood

- Variety

- The Washington Post

- The New York Times

The Sports Page
Robert Kraft is placing the Hartford Whalers for sale, citing his failure to secure a new arena to keep the club in Connecticut.
- The Hartford Courant
I hope the whalers move to some place other carolinia which Is where they moved otl. I suppurt the idea of it moving to nolfolk because nolfok had a failed bid forthe whalers and virgina is the largest state of with a major league sport team. The whalers were supposed to be renamed the hampton roads rhino with the nolfok bid was succesful