As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Andre
z4rvh4kjcgeqoiaww7vk.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures
The only one of those movies I've actually seen; it made me want a pet seal soooooo bad...

I think Tarantino would nerdgasm if his movies got distributed by Golden Harvest.
Inspector Gadget directed by Quentin Tarantino!

What? Golden Harvest practically owns DIC Entertainment now ITTL, or at least has it as one of its sister companies, through Haim Saban's history and career. In all honesty, why shouldn't we consider that opportunity?

Inspector Gadget directed by Quentin Tarantino!

What? Golden Harvest practically owns DIC Entertainment now ITTL, or at least has it as one of its sister companies, through Haim Saban's history and career. In all honesty, why shouldn't we consider that opportunity?
I just find it impossible to imagine Tarantino doing a family film....
Could be just the limit of my imagination.
Congratulations, you actually found it!

I just find it impossible to imagine Tarantino doing a family film....
Could be just the limit of my imagination.
Congratulations, you actually found it!
When I first heard Quentin was going to direct a Star Trek film IOTL, my first reaction was that he was gonna be an ill fit for such a property.

When I first heard Quentin was going to direct a Star Trek film IOTL, my first reaction was that he was gonna be an ill fit for such a property.
Last time I heard anything about it, he was still undecided as to whether he was going to do it or not; because he has a rule with himself that he's only going to direct X number of movies and he says that a Star Trek movie would have to count even though it'd be so different from anything else he would ordinarily make.

Probably a hot take, but I actually think he could pull it off; it would definitly be more in the vein of DS9 or one of the novel series (and I'd actually love to see a Tarantino-helmed adaptation of New Frontier or Vanguard) in terms of tone, but I think he's got the nerd cred to do right by Trek.
It'd be different, but I can't help but be intrigued by how it would turn out....he couldn't possibly be a worse choice than JarJar Abrams, at least Tarantino actually likes Star Trek.

September 1994 Movies
The Shawshank Redemption
3062..jpg

Timecop
Timecop-1994-Kung-Fu-Kingdom770x472.jpg

Released by Carolco

Radioland Murders
RAD_IA_20-marquee-1.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures
Notes: IOTL, Radioland was George Lucas's last non-Star Wars, non-Indy project until Red Tails.

Ed Wood
ed-wood-1994.jpg

Released by Hollywood Pictures

It: Chapter Two
maxresdefault.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.
Notes: The adult Losers are played by the same cast as the OTL 1990 miniseries.​

The Shawshank Redemption
3062..jpg

Timecop
Timecop-1994-Kung-Fu-Kingdom770x472.jpg

Released by Carolco

Radioland Murders
RAD_IA_20-marquee-1.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures
Notes: IOTL, Radioland was George Lucas's last non-Star Wars, non-Indy project until Red Tails.

Ed Wood
ed-wood-1994.jpg

Released by Hollywood Pictures

It: Chapter Two
maxresdefault.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.
Notes: The adult Losers are played by the same cast as the OTL 1990 miniseries.​
If it hasn't been mentioned already, if we get to the reboot or if it happens, could we get the kids from TTL's Chapter One to return as the adults since the time frame is about equal to the amount of time the characters in the story canonically waited to come back. You'd have to undo only one death. One is Seth Green and you'd have to undo the 2003 death of Jonathan Brandis.

Pulp Fiction (1994 Film)
Pulp Fiction
Pulp-Fiction-574-1024x432.jpg

Released by Golden Harvest on October 14, 1994.

Written and Directed by
Quentin Tarantino

Story by
Quentin Tarantino
Roger Avary

Produced by
Lawrence Bender

Executive Producers
Raymond Chow
Danny DeVito
Michael Shamberg
Stacy Sher

Cast
Same as OTL

Soundtrack
Same as OTL

Notes:
- Just like OTL, Pulp Fiction was awarded the Palme d'Or at the 1994 Cannes Film Festival.
- Pulp Fiction went on to become Golden Harvest's biggest box office hit of 1994.
- Lance (Eric Stolz) wears a Lum Invader T-shirt during the adrenaline shot sequence.
- After Pulp Fiction proved successful, RKO Radio Pictures offered Tarantino a future Star Trek project to be named later.​